Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.15)  (Read 1000747 times)

rapdem

Re: [RELEASE v1.9.6]: Black Chocobo - FF7 Save Game Editor
« Reply #650 on: 2012-04-03 01:07:17 »
Hi I just Downloaded your program and I dont have much experience with it XD infact I just learnt a month ago I can modify saves and transfer them. My question is, I have the psp version of ff7 and i just DL it from PSN, i was wondering if you need custom firmware on your psp to modify your save files because i opened my save file on black chocobo and its a .VMP file, all im trying to do is add all/max items (potions, weapons, battle items, ect) so i open it and try to save the file but a msg saying "this file does not have Updated Checksum.it will not work on your psp" comes up. Now i would like to know how i can get around this or if its possible so i can make changes in the future. If its not possible could you make a ff7 slot 1 file for my psp that is on disk 1 right after opening bombing mission with all/max items(listed above) it would be nice to have a starting edge to the game. oh btw i have the North American version of ff7 on my psp and i dont have custom firmware, i have the latest psn firmware.

Thank You!

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: 2012-04-03 12:06:59 »
No, you can't put them back on your PSP for now.

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #652 on: 2012-04-03 12:25:42 »

there are a few things that you can do in order to get it back on your psp/ps3. the currently known methods are listed on the Black Chocobo FAQ.

im not going to explain why again (read this thread i've done so many times).but for now thats all , i don't make it this way to mess with poor psp and ps3 users sony does it by having some crazy signing so the console rejects it as tampered with.

while im on the subject,
there are messages to the user to avoid confusion.that seams to not be working so does any one have better wording for these messages. this thread is 80% how come psp or ps3 saves won't import back to the console? idk about every one else but if i have a problem with a program or question about it i look the program for a user guide or link to the guide online. im i doing something wrong with presenting the user guide in BC? (suggestions for doing it better?)

kazu

« Reply #653 on: 2012-04-05 01:20:38 »
I just got FF7 again. and this program as well...I read the manual, and i still have no idea how to get the saves to actually work. i been trying to edit my file but for some reason  it will save but when i try to load the game it doesnt show up and it is the save i have just made in game. so can you tell me what i am doing wrong, also i am using win 7 64bit home, i have the patched 1.2 version of ff7, its the regular edition not ultima, and i have a few patches i used the one that was exe and had a few of them complied in it,
« Last Edit: 2012-04-05 04:13:22 by kazu »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #654 on: 2012-04-05 13:35:39 »
im not sure (since i don't use windows) but i think win7 does some hidden data store for your programs where its making ff7 look for save files. this may have been discussed earily on this thread.

kazu

« Reply #655 on: 2012-04-05 15:08:47 »
its being saved, or at least to my knowledge in C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\save which has four saved game files.. but not the ones i am currently working on,its stuck at the beginners hall, and i am past that on my files..so i dont know what exactally is going on, with it,but ill search my files for the saved game ad find out where they are for real.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: 2012-04-05 15:12:32 »
Did you do a Maximum install?

kazu

« Reply #657 on: 2012-04-05 16:36:51 »
Did you do a Maximum install?

yes i did

UGerstl

• Analyst and Backup-Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: 2012-04-05 20:46:53 »
@kazu: Do you start Black Chocobo as Administrator ?

Hint :  right click the EXE file => Run as Administrator

lauren

« Reply #659 on: 2012-04-10 14:42:14 »
Hello,

I've just started used Black Chocobo for my PSP. The saves work and everything but there is a weird problem with the editor.

When I change the level from 10 to 30 the HP changes but when I click SAVE the HP changed back down to 365.

I don't understand why it keeps doing this. Anything I'm doing wrong in particular?

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #660 on: 2012-04-10 21:47:47 »
Hello,

I've just started used Black Chocobo for my PSP. The saves work and everything but there is a weird problem with the editor.

When I change the level from 10 to 30 the HP changes but when I click SAVE the HP changed back down to 365.

I don't understand why it keeps doing this. Anything I'm doing wrong in particular?
its mostly a bug and is possibly just in the display black chocobo is showing (but do let me know if its also wrong ingame).
Oh and while i remember the stat calculation in 1.9.6 is mostly broken so you might want to turn it off for now, no saved values are wrong (other then max hp/mp) so there is no need to worry about broken saves, but the materia modifers shown and max hp/mp are almost always incorrect. (and yes this is fixed in the current svn rev for black chocobo)

Meow0369

« Reply #661 on: 2012-04-12 04:39:07 »
Sweet tool thanks for making it mac i use it every single day pretty much. Great tool :D.
« Last Edit: 2012-04-16 08:24:05 by Meow0369 »

PH03N1XFURY

• Team Tianix IF ITS THERE WE'LL FIND IT
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: 2012-04-12 10:07:53 »
i really used to hate this tool when i 1st started using earlyer versions then i saw the post thought id give it a go and i absolutely love it great work looks well better

Hybridpjt

« Reply #663 on: 2012-04-19 01:40:32 »
Hey all!
ive just started using black chocobo, and after some trial and error, ive found my way around it and i think its a great program!
i recently picked ff7 back up again and i was on a mission to master 8 kotr for barret (for the overkill glitch) and got a bit lazy lol

anyway my question is this..

i decided to make a new save from the start, just before the scorpion boss, each character with their ultimate weapon
except vincent and cait (ill do them when ive got them unlocked) and the only stat on this one ive changed is the "bonus" stat
for strength, too 155 for each available character.

ive also unlocked all the limit breaks.. but..  when in battle it seems that taking damage has very little effect on actually charging the
limit break meter for the characters..  i have everyone in fury but that dosent seem to help.. im currently just after the pillar collapse part.. i know that the regular enimies in early midgar are quite weak, and the one time i really noticed the limit bars rise was after manipulating a flying mini snake dragon type thing and using demi on everyone, that did a lot of damage that caused the limit bar to shoot up a fair bit..

im just wondering if ive managed to "lock" the limit bar by accident? is that possible in BC? im using 1.9.6 in windows 7 x86..
im playing on my psp and i use the cwcheat memory card work around to get the save file from black chocobo to my psp.

i guess my aim is to try and get a bit more response from the limit bar so i can use the limit breaks a lot more :)

thanks all
and thanks for a great program for my favorite game off all time :)

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #664 on: 2012-04-19 14:33:35 »
there is nothing that you can do in the save to make it speed up the limit bar or stop it completely. you can however use fury / sadness to slightly speed up and slow down the meter . in order to do that you would need to edit the kernel. you could also use a trainer that has this option if one has been made.

Hybridpjt

« Reply #665 on: 2012-04-21 17:01:38 »
there is nothing that you can do in the save to make it speed up the limit bar or stop it completely. you can however use fury / sadness to slightly speed up and slow down the meter . in order to do that you would need to edit the kernel. you could also use a trainer that has this option if one has been made.

Thanks!
i think its more to do with the fact that im used to running around the creator facing stronger enemies, but wanted to ask just to be sure :) furys do help, but only a little. 

thanks again for the reply and for making a great program!

[Edit]

ive figured it out!
i had my characters set at 9999 hp, and where your limit breaks are concerned, its the amount of damage taken vrs your TOTAL hp..
so for me enemies where dealing between 10 and 60 hp, and seeing as i had 9999 hp, my limit bar was hardly moving..
ive just dropped my characters hp down to 5000 and gone toe to toe with the midgar zolom, (relevent to where i am on my new play through) and he deals about 430-460 damage per bite, low and behold the limit bars came to life! 3 bites to fully charge cloud's from zero :)  and its also nice as your health still goes up with each level so its all good!
« Last Edit: 2012-04-21 17:30:34 by Hybridpjt »

Climhazzard

« Reply #666 on: 2012-05-01 13:32:22 »
Hi, I'm having the same issue as someone above me.

The HP values are incorrect and in game, always appear to be 365,
no matter what I change the level or HP values to on the editor.

Could you help rectify this as I don't want cloud to be stuck on 365 for the entire game?

Thanks

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #667 on: 2012-05-02 17:10:43 »
Hi, I'm having the same issue as someone above me.

The HP values are incorrect and in game, always appear to be 365,
no matter what I change the level or HP values to on the editor.

Could you help rectify this as I don't want cloud to be stuck on 365 for the entire game?

Thanks

be sure that you change the base HP , since the game uses it to calculate you max HP. base hp is in the stats area.

McLovin

« Reply #668 on: 2012-05-02 22:05:33 »
Hi! Thank you sithlord for your awesome save game editor, it sure saves me a lot of time. I have one issue though; I can't import the edited save game back to my PS3. I know you've already made a walkthrough about it, I've watched and all....but I lack the custom firmwire PS2 memory card.  :( I live in Sweden, and PS2 memory cards are hard to come by... I do have the other items such as the memory card adapter-thingy for the ps3! I'm asking you if it's possible for me to email my edited save game, so that you can just quickly fix it/crack it/whatever on your ps2 w/custom firmwire memory card. Then you can just attach the newly fixd file to a new email and send it back to me!

It would be really helpful if you, or anybody here, could help me with this issue!  :D

Climhazzard

« Reply #669 on: 2012-05-03 14:41:01 »
be sure that you change the base HP , since the game uses it to calculate you max HP. base hp is in the stats area.

Thank you, works fine. Would it be easier to avoid this in the future by not making the hp values editable bar the base hp values?

MidnightXS

« Reply #670 on: 2012-05-14 00:11:40 »
Hi, I feel so stupid. I have been trying to load my BC edited save into ePSXe all day. How, may I ask, is this done? What I have been doing is exporting (and using 'Save As') it as a .mcr file and putting it in the 'memcards' folder. I then open ePSXe, select 'config', select 'memory card', and choose the one I want. When I try to use the 'continue' it gives be a bunch of empty spaces. I also tried the PSXMemTool....

EDIT: Hmm... I'm going to try editing a file and then opening the Emulator. Then I will start a new game. The reason I am going to try this is because earlier today I did see a minor change in a new game. The only thing that changed was an available weapon, Ultima.

EDIT 2: I guess there is no such luck. Do I need to have reached a certain point or something (Which I highly doubt.)

EDIT 3: Victory is mine!
« Last Edit: 2012-05-14 04:00:38 by MidnightXS »

Vegeta_Ss4

• Dark Wizard of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Black Chocobo
« Reply #671 on: 2012-05-14 13:59:32 »
Hi, I feel so stupid. I have been trying to load my BC edited save into ePSXe all day. How, may I ask, is this done? What I have been doing is exporting (and using 'Save As') it as a .mcr file and putting it in the 'memcards' folder. I then open ePSXe, select 'config', select 'memory card', and choose the one I want. When I try to use the 'continue' it gives be a bunch of empty spaces. I also tried the PSXMemTool....

EDIT: Hmm... I'm going to try editing a file and then opening the Emulator. Then I will start a new game. The reason I am going to try this is because earlier today I did see a minor change in a new game. The only thing that changed was an available weapon, Ultima.

EDIT 2: I guess there is no such luck. Do I need to have reached a certain point or something (Which I highly doubt.)

EDIT 3: Victory is mine!

Great news that you have solved that out! Please share the solution, maybe there are other users having the same problem that can be solved the same way too.

MidnightXS

« Reply #672 on: 2012-05-14 21:25:47 »
Great news that you have solved that out! Please share the solution, maybe there are other users having the same problem that can be solved the same way too.
Not quite sure myself. I edited epsxe000 with the file and it didn't show. Then I opened a new game, saved at the first point, and edited the mem again, and voila!

chacyung

• View Profile
« Reply #673 on: 2012-05-18 12:28:56 »
Sweet, a new version, can't wait to try it !!
« Last Edit: 2012-05-18 12:32:24 by chacyung »

Jess_James

« Reply #674 on: 2012-05-24 17:58:40 »
Great editor.  I am only having one problem,  the HP and MP are not updating.  Example, my Cloud at Lvl 16 has 484 HP, when I raise him to Lvl 20 in the editor the HP raises to 625.  I save then look back and all the values have reverted.  When you go to game the Lvl has changed but the HP and MP have not.   I am running on Vista 32.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.