Author Topic: SOLVED: Help with opengl/Aali's Custom Driver  (Read 3286 times)

Kavu

SOLVED: Help with opengl/Aali's Custom Driver
« on: 2011-05-08 16:26:36 »
Hi all, let's start out with i'm not very PC savvy. Recently got Aali's Custom graphics driver.. checked out some tutorials on how to install it.. all is good. When I edit the opengl it won't let me save.. path file not found. Tried two different places where it shows the file to save. Samething, either way when I run the game nothing has changed since I installed. Guessing that I installed it incorrectly, any help/suggestions? =D
« Last Edit: 2011-05-09 13:22:31 by Bosola »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: Help with opengl/Aali's Custom Driver
« Reply #1 on: 2011-05-08 16:59:44 »
You didn't give a whole lot of information, but I'm going to assume you're on Windows Vista or 7, in which case I think I know what's wrong.

Versions of Windows since Vista include a "feature" called UAC which prevents you from editing anything in the "Program Files" directory unless you are running that application as an administrator. In this case, it prevents Notepad (or any other text editor) from saving your ff7_opengl.cfg in its original directory. Easy solutions include the following:
  • If you opened ff7_opengl.cfg by double clicking it: In the file menu from your text editor, choose "Save As", save the file to your desktop, and then copy it back to ff7's directory.
  • If you opened the text editor first, such as from the start menu, then right click it and choose "Run as Administrator" when you open it. This will allow you to save directly to protected directories.
The problem can also be avoided by disabling UAC in Windows, but I generally advise against that, as it decreases the overall security of your system.

Kavu

« Reply #2 on: 2011-05-08 17:07:56 »
Thanks a lot.. I am on Vista and never thought of that. If I come on here with another problem I will make sure to give a little more information also.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 2011-05-09 13:21:47 »
Closed as solved.