Author Topic: Fast Paced Final Fantasy VII -- Similar To Final Fantasy X  (Read 9598 times)

ffviipkmnproject

• View Profile
So, if it was changed, many enemies perhaps, switching into battle. Or, the same enemy. But stuff like barrier and etc. needs to be cast. So, without it becoming too much, have it where you may die if you don't cast barrier. And perhaps regen. Don't have it where it is too hard. If people want to get ****** in the *** they can play Nightmare Mod XD :P. Keeping it fast and light, it can almost be good if it is fast-paced. The things one may need to keep one's eye on, like Final Fantasy X, may simply be keeping your eye/eyes/ on, barriers, regens, and then having a little bit of time to attack or heal etc.. That's it in a nut-shell. I'll keep it sweet, and let you envision it in your minds.

Of course they should, without changing too much, give you the right materia early on, enough MP, etc.. The focus should change, so you aren't worrying about HP and MP so much, but, like Final Fantasy X, know the right things to do. It keeps it fresh, let's you focus to enjoyable levels (not too many, not too little), these things. Almost, looking side to side at different things, rather than up and down with low health to KOTR etc.!

Let me know thoughts !!

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
....What?

Do you have a specific goal in mind? I'm not even sure what you're suggesting.

ffviipkmnproject

• View Profile
Hello, ok I'm not sure your confusion to help but I will try my best! So, I know of the usual FF7 play, as we all do. I have also seen challenges, as well as mods.

The typical vibe of FF7 is usually cure low health, and attack as much as possible. Which, to appreciate itself, is ****ing great!

But! FFX, in its own style, was cool too. FFX was very sort of fast-paced, you got new armour and stuff, with attributes, but didn't need to think about it too much! I am not in-love with FFX, but I did like how it was seemingly slow in the story, then fast in battles. In FFX, it felt as though, if you did the right stuff, you stayed alive. If not, you died. It kept you focused, but also using stuff like barrier and cheer.

If you picture FF7, the exact same stuff. But, let's say, up the... HP of enemies. Then, make it where you need to have, say (and this is just a scrappy way of achieving and depicting the above) (a rushed but doing the best that I can) make it where you need barrier, maybe mbarrier, and perhaps a regen. As long as those are in play/place/ -- you will survive-enough to attack and heal as needed.
What this does is keeps it where you focus is -- how is regen doing? How are barrier and m-barrier doing?
And you have just enough focus to put your remaining energy into attacks or/&/ heal. I think this is very much like FFX.

Do you see what I mean? It would take the fun battle (''focus'' -- I guess) from FFX, but implement it into FF7, using already in-game spells and stuff!

Please let me know if you don't know what I mean!

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Still, no idea what you aim for. All I remember of FFX battles is that they tried to make it tactical but then overdone it in the endgame with immunities to nearly everything and makes Wakkas path nearly useless (that's why I always send Wakka to Auron's path).

ffviipkmnproject

• View Profile
So, I will try to depict it the best I can. If you or anyone then sees, please add on. The initial idea is there, pretty much, as said, like FFX. So, for fast-paced, some of it, is just in the look and feel. It could just be animation-wise. But, game-play, might be simple, horizontal, juggling of actions.

If you picture typical FFX, you are juggling characters, switching them in and out, due to their abilities. You also have vertically up and down. I.e., if someone KO's, you need to get all party members back up to being alive. So, the switch animation looks fast. Then, usually, people cast Haste, making characters do many moves in one segment, and their animations look, again, fast.

What this means is, instead of just attacking, or healing -- as in FF7, we are already then juggling switching people, and using things like Haste -- i.e. same level, varied moves. Admittedly, as said, a lot of the ''fast-paced'' might just be looks, but it all adds up to ''our experience''. I think it is enjoyable, and, if it can be somehow implemented into FF7, it would, too, make it highly enjoyable.

I also, to understand this, deeply recommend First watching on youtube a let's play, some of it, anyway, of on console, PS3 or PS$ -- they have the ability, the player, to ''up'' the speed to x3 or x4. With battles on Active as well, it becomes a lot more ''real time'', as I guess FFX is, or feels like, as well.

I suppose, one way this could work with pre-existing in-game ''things'' is --

Making it where, perhaps, if your party absorbed poison, and then you had to cast Regen, Poison, and maybe Barrier, just to survive. Maybe had battles on Active. Maybe Haste could work out well as well. And then, with this, you would survive, and just have enough time to get some attacks in.
With the above e.g., I guess enemies wouldn't need that much HP. A lot of the battle would be keeping these things ''up''.
-
I was thinking as well, maybe you could have a manipulated materia. So, if you wanted to Cure everyone, you could only use Cure 1. But, if it was just one person only, you could use Cure 3, etc..
-
-
Maybe give everyone a mastered MP Up materia from the start. And maybe get rid of hard-core stuff, such as KOTR -- don't worry, we still have vanilla to play with that stuff ! Just -- it would turn game-play more into, you know, the other stuff. If you think about other things, that we could use while keeping it vanilla-ish (even a modded Cure materia would... mod a bit so, your call) but -- you have other stuff that no one really uses. Such as sleep, and frog, etc.. So -- you could even have it where those too were only one-at-a-time cast spells. Maybe this time, keeping it on the enemy. And so, maybe like Yuffie -- your materia could be taken, or something, and before that, on some large groups of enemies, it may be good to put them to sleep, and keep them that way. Almost like whack-a-weazel -- casting on any that wake up. And then, after your materia gets taken (or you get commanded to throw it away, if it makes programming easier) you then get given, say, a ''Toad'' materia, which could work the same way.

As long as it's done right, battles could take a new spin, using already in-game mechanics, pretty much.
Requirements:
- Possible new materia (seen done before)
- New enemies, or altered pre-existing (seen done before)
- Possibly new speech bubbles/etc./ (seen done before)

I guess it would be like, if some requirements were done, maybe about three of the following at once only. And would vary, depending on the battle (e.g. Haste, Barrier, M-Barrier, Poison, Sleep, Toad... Etc.) -- then you would ''live''. Upon doing-so -- you could then either Heal those that are needed, or attack the enemy. The mind-set would be keeping one eye on keeping the status things going and making sure that they are ok. And the other eye on then, upon them being ok, healing or getting an attack or two in.
Do you see ? Can you imagine ?

ffviipkmnproject

• View Profile
You could even, to adapt it into FF7 easier, have it where you start off with All materia, not necessarily mastered (as, you may want to pair a level 1 Cure and All, as mentioned above). But then, either manually, or automatically, before a battle. Even an area. It could tell you which materia to equip, and hints on how to handle the battles. It could make every battle enjoyable, possibly unique, as you go through the game.

So some, well, some may be the same. I.e., have numerous enemies, and need to juggle keeping them all, either (sleep, toad, etc.) -- or, juggle keeping reflect on yourself, to guard against their amazingly high-powered spells. Or to keep putting up Barrier and M-Barrier on your-selves.

I have envisioned this some-what, this much anyway, not any more (got my own relatives being horrible -- WTF, so i.e. not too much time :( ) but even if other bits change -- that could be cool.

You could also use the HP < - > MP more for one (switches the HP and MP amounts around, for those that don't/didn't/ know) -- i.e. a battle where you will be casting a lot of expensive spells, but means you only have very little health, so, slip-up -- things could go wrong, fast.

You see how, IDK about fast-paced, it's more -- keeps you horizontally focused. And, you would/will/ need to react fast, especially if on Active, lest things go Really wrong !

More than happy for ideas. One idea is, as said, juggling. Think something like keeping enemies asleep would be better than, say, just managing to revive your party members (something we do in vanilla, maybe challenges, anyway) so it's like rapidly handling stuff, otherwise big damage done to the party.

If it wasn't too hard on programming. You could even stick with the linear style. So, we all enjoy FF9 stealing. And, we all find FF9 a major pain in the *** to do it for every boss/etc./. So, one battle could be, with a message before-hand -- you need to steal I guess 3 *item* from the enemies, for upcoming battles, to survive, or just as is the rules, etc.. Then, the odds might be tough to get the item. And the player could be busy trying to steal when they can, while also trying to survive, etc. -- as the enemies would need to stay alive, etc.

As long as it stays the right amount of difficulty, time to battle, and is generally fun -- it would re-fresh already--in-game mechanics -- but in a fresh fun spin -- appreciating the spells and stuff that we don't usually use (mainly as, with stuff like Sleep, they don't work on bosses, and we can beat normal enemies so easy that there is no point)

JeremyChapman

• View Profile
Hello, ok I'm not sure your confusion to help but I will try my best! So, I know of the usual FF7 play, as we all do. I have also seen challenges, as well as mods.

The typical vibe of FF7 is usually cure low health, and attack as much as possible like https://www.fitnessdonkey.com/legal-steroids/crazy-bulk-review .Which, to appreciate itself, is ****ing great!

But! FFX, in its own style, was cool too. FFX was very sort of fast-paced, you got new armour and stuff, with attributes, but didn't need to think about it too much! I am not in-love with FFX, but I did like how it was seemingly slow in the story, then fast in battles. In FFX, it felt as though, if you did the right stuff, you stayed alive. If not, you died. It kept you focused, but also using stuff like barrier and cheer.

If you picture FF7, the exact same stuff. But, let's say, up the... HP of enemies. Then, make it where you need to have, say (and this is just a scrappy way of achieving and depicting the above) (a rushed but doing the best that I can) make it where you need barrier, maybe mbarrier, and perhaps a regen. As long as those are in play/place/ -- you will survive-enough to attack and heal as needed.
What this does is keeps it where you focus is -- how is regen doing? How are barrier and m-barrier doing?
And you have just enough focus to put your remaining energy into attacks or/&/ heal. I think this is very much like FFX.

Do you see what I mean? It would take the fun battle (''focus'' -- I guess) from FFX, but implement it into FF7, using already in-game spells and stuff!

Please let me know if you don't know what I mean!

Yes, it does keeps on changing. I also did some mods on the game.

ffviipkmnproject

• View Profile
FFVII original changes, but you don't have to worry about it too much. Usually you can just use base materia and sail through the game. One of the only challenges I had was where I didn't level, and on Demon Wall I had to stretch and use Barrier.

As far as mods. I like the areas we can mod, but, upon playing a mod, it has to be done well. And to not stray from the path too much, I feel it often should be as close to the original as possible in terms of quality and the game we are playing.

And third, I was thinking about FFX's style a bit more. It seems enemies don't have too much health (as your party deals a lot of damage) so -- it would just be a matter of needing to cast barriers and buffs quick-enough to win.

A good idea would be -- similar to Safer Sephiroth -- having it where they can dispell, and do great damage, unless you have reflect, regen, barrier, m-barrier, etc. -- on. Maybe stuff like haste too. And so, in the theme of FFX, as long as you juggle these, you can attack and win. If not... I guess you can rapdily get a KO

With my pokemon mod, I looked at a lot of the original enemiy's AIs. They have some fun traits, but most can either be beaten easily, or you can just run away. FFX I felt more en-gaged with battles

Tetraspore

• View Profile
I'm sorry man, I don't understand what you're looking for. The only thing different to me with FFX is the way turns are determined by character speed and the selected action.