Author Topic: Help Is Still Needed  (Read 6588 times)

Enigma6665000

• View Profile
Help Is Still Needed
« on: 2003-06-24 00:27:15 »
Hi I'm still looking for help on a 3D MMORPG project that me and my friend are working on.

The game will be composed of side quest that link the game together (similar to Final Fantasy 1 and Diablo).

The game will have similar features that were in Final Fantasy 7 such as:

Limit Breaks
Materia
Weapons and Armor System
Battle System (ATB)
The Stats
Dungeons

Note: Some of these names won't be featured in the game due to copyright laws

The game will also contain new features such as:

A Bounty Hunting System
Multiple Planets which include a futuristic planet(similar to Midgar from FF7 on a much larger scale) a prehistoric planet (similar to 65,000,000 B.C. in Chrono Trigger) a planet that's in ruin, a planet with a lot of crime, and a utopia planet that will have mini-games and other special features (similar to Gold Saucer from FF7).
A Character creator
Different character classes

As for the members who have already agreed to help, we have a total of 11 members (not including my friend and I).

We haven't done that much work on it but we have thought most of the areas already. We will start working in the summer though.

We have a website but my friend wants to update it so I'll release the address once he is done. This website will also inlude a forum where we can talk about the game.

As for the name of the project, my friend and I decided on Project Unlimited. We're also thinking up ideas for the game name.

I have not done any previous work and my friend has done some programming in the past so we'll probably need a lot of help.

The positions we need are:

3D Graphic Artists: due to most of the game being in 3D we need multiple artists in this position and hopefully have some experience (note: we're not asking for state-of-the-art graphics)

2D Graphic Artists: We might need a few 2D graphic artists for smaller parts in this game (i.e. mini-games or something that might be in the background).

Cinematic Artist: We need Cinematic artist for the CGI FMV moments from what I know there probably won't be a lot of CGI FMV moments  considering that we can't show any of the characters because they'll all look different.

Programmers: We need multiple programmers who have experience in C++,VB
etc.

Idea Creators: We still need some more ideas of dungeons and maps so Idea Creators will be needed.

Beta Testers: When the game is completed we'll need some beta tester to help find the problems.

Music Creators: We need to have good quality music and sound effects to be featured in this.

If you have any questions I'll be frequently checking here so post here or e-mail me at [email protected], or you can e-mail my friend at [email protected]

Thanks!
Enigma6665000

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
Help Is Still Needed
« Reply #1 on: 2003-06-24 02:44:34 »
i can be a beta tester lol i woudl do the idea part but a lot of people say i'm not creative )

Mofokubik

• View Profile
Help Is Still Needed
« Reply #2 on: 2003-06-24 02:49:10 »
You live in hollywood and your not creative?! What kind of person are you?
I dont know about other people, but I would like to see this thing get off of the ground.

vvalentine

• View Profile
Help Is Still Needed
« Reply #3 on: 2003-06-24 05:59:42 »
The problem is that you need programmers, and programmers are very very lazy by nature.  So you are going to have a tough time.

Who knows maybe I'll do something, a game server in c++, maybe, just maybe, but then again a lot of my projects have been thwarted by unexpected obstacles (bullsh*t, laziness that's what it is).  However, I would only use MySQL as a database manager.

Alhexx

• View Profile
    • http://www.alhexx.com
Help Is Still Needed
« Reply #4 on: 2003-06-24 18:31:43 »
Quote from: vvalentine
The problem is that you need programmers, and programmers are very very lazy by nature.  So you are going to have a tough time.

EXACTLY! :D

Enigma6665000:
Is there any homepage or something like that where I could have a look at your project?

- Alhexx

Enigma6665000

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2003-06-24 20:48:46 »
We already have about 3 programmers. By the way if they are lazy that would explain a lot!

As for the website, my friend lone_lobo has made one but he wants to update it so I'll release the address once he has updated the site.

Lieron you can be a idea maker (even if you are not creative we can work something out!)

and mofokubik I think you already joined the project when I originally posted here. Also according to lone_lobo you joined us before that when he posted here. So are you still going to help us?

Thanks
Enigma6665000

tekwiz99

• View Profile
<<< bata tester
« Reply #6 on: 2003-06-26 15:13:22 »
I can be your guinea pig for dig out all kinds of compability problems

Cyberman

• View Profile
Re: Reply
« Reply #7 on: 2003-06-27 04:17:18 »
Quote from: Enigma6665000
We already have about 3 programmers. By the way if they are lazy that would explain a lot!

As for the website, my friend lone_lobo has made one but he wants to update it so I'll release the address once he has updated the site.

Lieron you can be a idea maker (even if you are not creative we can work something out!)

and mofokubik I think you already joined the project when I originally posted here. Also according to lone_lobo you joined us before that when he posted here. So are you still going to help us?

Thanks
Enigma6665000

Programers aren't lazy, they just like clear and definate plans.. programing takes effort and generally one can't write something without knowing what one is doing.  I hate doing things over. I spend too much time on my programs as it is :)

Cyb

Mofokubik

• View Profile
Help Is Still Needed
« Reply #8 on: 2003-06-28 21:17:15 »
Programming takes goofy pants and a fat ass, or am I thinking of golfing?

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
Help Is Still Needed
« Reply #9 on: 2003-06-29 23:52:39 »
thinking of both

and i COULD be creative but i'm spending all my creative energy (/power up) on trying to put together a comic

plus i play mmorpg's )

Enigma6665000

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2003-06-30 19:17:26 »
Lieron you can be an idea creator even if you have used all of your idea power. You see we have (in lack of better words) a helluva lot of idea creators so you'll probably end up making 4 or 6 ideas at most.

By the way we don't need anymore beta testers! Nor do we need anymore idea creators!!

Hey Cyberman could you help us with programming? (by the way I was joking around about that "programmers are lazy" thing)

Thanks!! :D
Enigma6665000

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
Help Is Still Needed
« Reply #11 on: 2003-07-02 19:24:53 »
i suck at computer imaging, cuz  the only thing i use computer for is to color my sketches lol

mirex

• View Profile
    • http://mirex.mypage.sk
Help Is Still Needed
« Reply #12 on: 2003-07-03 12:03:01 »
You don't need fat ass for programming ... mine is skinny and it works out ... i'd like to gain some weight and i cannot. Prolly because of my metabolism.

Alhexx

• View Profile
    • http://www.alhexx.com
Re: Reply
« Reply #13 on: 2003-07-03 13:20:35 »
Quote from: Cyberman
Programers aren't lazy, they just like clear and definate plans.. programing takes effort and generally one can't write something without knowing what one is doing.  I hate doing things over. I spend too much time on my programs as it is :)

Cyb

You wanna tell me that I'm not lazy? Heh, funny!
Well, but the thingy with the clear and definate plans is right ... or at least it is very helpful if you are going to program for someone or for a project, and not for yourself...

- Alhexx

Cyberman

• View Profile
Help Is Still Needed
« Reply #14 on: 2003-07-03 17:09:12 »
Quote from: Alhexx
You wanna tell me that I'm not lazy? Heh, funny!

I wasn't speaking for you I was speaking for programmers :)
Quote from: Alhexx

Well, but the thingy with the clear and definate plans is right ... or at least it is very helpful if you are going to program for someone or for a project, and not for yourself...

Which is what I mostly do. I simply stop working on it if the customer doesn't know what they want, and say "until you have a clue I don't either please let me know." Then I send them a bill for what I have done, why? Simple most companies that decide to change plans in the middle of the project kill the project so it's best to recoup what you can while you can. It's sad but quite true.

The moment of hesitation is the moment of failure.

Cyb

vvalentine

• View Profile
Help Is Still Needed
« Reply #15 on: 2003-07-06 06:43:01 »
Quote from: mirex
You don't need fat ass for programming ... mine is skinny and it works out ... i'd like to gain some weight and i cannot. Prolly because of my metabolism.

=\  heh, I was skinny too and now I'm getting fat.  At least  you can gain it the right way.

BTW, I'm lazy too. VERY LAZY.

mirex

• View Profile
    • http://mirex.mypage.sk
Help Is Still Needed
« Reply #16 on: 2003-07-06 15:50:26 »
At least  you can gain it the right way.

And which is the right way ? Im trying to eat as much as i can, as often as i can. Im lazy as possible. WHAT MORE DO I HAVE TO DO !?  :weep:

vvalentine

• View Profile
Help Is Still Needed
« Reply #17 on: 2003-07-06 19:05:58 »
Quote from: mirex
At least  you can gain it the right way.

And which is the right way ? Im trying to eat as much as i can, as often as i can. Im lazy as possible. WHAT MORE DO I HAVE TO DO !?  :weep:

Lots of protein and weight training.  Lots and lots of protein. 60-80 grams a day maybe.  But you have to do heavy weight lifting.

Enigma6665000

• View Profile
Help Is Still Needed
« Reply #18 on: 2003-08-30 22:22:29 »
Hey Lieron,

If you can send me some of your ideas to [email protected] it would be much appreciated.