Author Topic: Voice quality  (Read 6408 times)

Vanit

• View Profile
    • http://vanitstudios.burn.at
Voice quality
« on: 2008-08-27 05:30:09 »
I've been reading through the threads and I'm kind of curious what you're using to record the voices (hardware and software). Is the sound quality going to be crystal clear or can we expect some noise?

JordieBo

• View Profile
Re: Voice quality
« Reply #1 on: 2008-08-27 11:21:27 »
Yes, well we are trying to get the voice quality as clear as possible. First of all we all are using unilateral noise canceling microphones and some of us are using professional equipment, meaning the voices will already be crystal clear. Just the other week we did LOSE our sound editor, I rang him up but he didn't want to come back because he had too many issues. Anyway, we are normalizing and removing noise from our voice files using Ventrilo, if the quality isn't good enough the files get sent back ad told to do again until perfect.

Vanit

• View Profile
    • http://vanitstudios.burn.at
« Reply #2 on: 2008-08-28 04:08:45 »
Glad to hear it (pun not intended). :)

Zell-Madness

« Reply #3 on: 2008-08-30 04:36:19 »
Yeah Sound editor left due to lots of issues. None with the actual sound artists/actors just the one person running it!
The sound quality was pretty good while I was editing it and post-editing it did sound rather good so if the new sound editor is any good it will be very good quality!

burnzy51

« Reply #4 on: 2008-10-10 20:34:23 »
I am a student filmmaker in the UK in my final year of University, and when it comes to editing the sound from my captured footage, i use Adobe Audition.

If there is any hum, or noise in the background, there is a feature in the software called Adaptive Noise Reduction. Click this, and it quickly scans your sound clip, and removes the noise. Most of the time, I have found it has achieved the noise reduction perfectly. You can also add a Hiss Reduction if the microphone has a slight hiss.

Hope this helps, I wouldnt recommend using ventrilo for voice editing.

A free piece of software which has a few cool features also is Audacity.

All the best,

Steve

JordieBo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-10-12 22:09:30 »
Oh dear. I just re-read my previous post and I realized that I said we are editing our sound using Ventrilo. I meant to say Audacity. Sorry, my bad! :|