Author Topic: My Apology  (Read 34090 times)

Mendelevium

• View Profile
My Apology
« on: 2010-03-24 03:35:05 »
Well where to begin. I have been involved in many fiascos lately. And most likely have insulted or even hurt some people. Let us see...

I will begin with the biggest. I am Makubex/Yuffie_Lover. Or rather, Makubex was a figment of my imagination. A social experiment if you would will. I am also BrokenCrowe, Blood_Crowe, Sightless_seer, the_scarred_raven.

BrokenCrowe was my original account, and my original namesake. Blood_crow followed shortly after, I don't know. I am just like that, I tend to make multiple accounts on the same forum. So I separated those two. BrokenCrowe was strictly for the rpg maker, and Blood_Crow was for modding. Whom I stopped using after I got bored of modding.

Sightless_Seer came along when I saw how bad things were getting in this forum (seifer era), and sincerely wanted to help out. But didn't want to do this under BrokenCrowe or Blood_Crowe. When the foolish prospect of me being a moderator got turned down, cause let's face it I am a lurker. :p. I decided to just cut the chords with that account too, and delete it. that is around the time Makubex started FF8 modding.

Makubex came in here somewhere... Not exactly sure when. But this is when I got curious of how far I could push things. So I made a character out of her. I wanted to see... let us say, people help girls more than guys. I wanted to see how far I could take that. Soon I grew a bit guilty, cause i knew what feelings these people had for Makubex were real. So I cut the strings, and ended Makubex's life as a modder...

The_Scarred_Raven came about out of boredom, nothing more, nothing less.

And now lastly to my main account, who I really am Mendelevium.
I made this as a fresh start. I wanted to start over, and generally "forget" about my colorful internet past.
But certain events have lead to this moment, and I now must make this post.

I would live to apologize to anyone who I have hurt. I want to apologize to everyone I have decieved.
My social experiments got carried away. And I know that I have made many mistakes.
I am just a nerd-boy who is socially awkward, and curious about how far he can go, and what he could get away with.
Really all too easy on the internet.

Again, I am sorry.
« Last Edit: 2010-03-24 04:00:15 by El Ammo Bandito! »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: My Apology
« Reply #1 on: 2010-03-24 04:10:31 »
Hmmm, this isn't a huge surprise. All of your old accounts used a very similar and idiosyncratic writing style, although your current one is a little different.

Now then, I'm not especially angry with you; you don't seem like a bad person and you clearly didn't do this out of malice, but I still have to say:

SRSLY DUDE WTF?

I suggest you save up $100 and fuck a prostitute. It might make you feel better.

I offer the same advice to Hermoor, but for different reasons. :D

Jari

« Reply #2 on: 2010-03-24 04:13:55 »
I stickied the topic - that's why it shows up as edited by me.

This was the decision me and Qhimm reached; to give him an opportunity to come clean on his own, or inform people on his behalf, if he chose not to do so.

Other accounts by him have been closed, and they will be marked as deactivated. In addition they will bear some kind of mark that they belonged to him.

As you know - or should know -having more than one account is not allowed. Also, deceiving people is not very nice.

There will be no further punishment.

I would also like to point out that while Mendelevium did admit having these accounts, it was not something he did on his own; we had to confront him about it.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-03-24 04:34:50 »
tsk tsk tsk  >:(

Honestly I don't much really care.  All your "personalities" have been nice, so no grudge here.

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-03-24 05:49:24 »
I don't even know what you did, so I, too, shall hold no grudge

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-03-24 11:59:56 »
Meh. At least you never troll'd.

Let me tell you, though, that a little self-confidence goes a long way. Even if it isn't based upon anything, I find that life is a lot more enjoyable when you're confident in who you are.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #6 on: 2010-03-24 12:01:10 »
well, i can't rightly say i like this, but at least you didn't use all these acounts to troll the hell out of everyone. still, least we all know now.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-03-24 14:18:47 »
kool beans.

so, up for some 3d practice?

:P

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-03-24 14:31:49 »
I may not be fully grasping the situation here.

So just clarify this for me:

Who could you have hurt by doing this, and how so?

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-03-24 16:58:54 »
WHAT

Whoaaaaaa i'm sooo confused ??? ??? ???

Half of my Pm's are from you :o
« Last Edit: 2010-03-24 17:17:34 by ultima espio »

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-03-25 03:23:07 »
Hey  man we've all thought about it at one time or another, no harm done. What was the outcome of your experiment?

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010-03-25 03:30:42 »
This would have been more impressive had each account bore a distinct personality/vernacular/etc

Mendelevium

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010-03-25 04:05:31 »
I may not be fully grasping the situation here.

So just clarify this for me:

Who could you have hurt by doing this, and how so?

several people were in love with Makubex.
Or claimed to be.

WHAT

Whoaaaaaa i'm sooo confused ??? ??? ???

Half of my Pm's are from you :o

Hm. Mostly modding help. And thank you's. lol. I was a fan of your work  awhile back.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010-03-25 04:17:54 »
Or claimed to be.
Oh, this made me laugh heartily!  I would ask for names, but I imagine said individuals would like that info kept private.

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010-03-25 05:30:32 »
Why would you lie about your identity? The reasons given aren't that clear...First off what if someone made friends with one of your "alter ego's" and were disappointed later on? Second this is a SMALL modding community how did you think you were going to get away with all of those accounts the admin can easily check and find out who you are so the only one you are fooling is yourself. I just think its terribly insensitive and hope what ever friends you've made on here forgive your careless behavioral mishaps.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #15 on: 2010-03-25 05:59:17 »
Or claimed to be.
Oh, this made me laugh heartily!  I would ask for names, but I imagine said individuals would like that info kept private.
Woah! No offense but 'lol.'
Anyways,
I thought people were in love with yuffie_lover.
Hey wait a minute, wasn't there a thread a long while back about yuffie_lover quitting because something about hurting someone? Does the many small accounts have something to do with this? And then I remember seeing Sightless_Seer defending her. So you were defending yourself? And fighting against the one you were hurting? And without Viashino knowing it was you all along?
Or am I completely wrong here?
« Last Edit: 2010-03-25 06:01:38 by drfeelgud88 »

Mendelevium

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010-03-25 06:01:35 »

Or claimed to be.
Oh, this made me laugh heartily!  I would ask for names, but I imagine said individuals would like that info kept private.
Woah! No offense but 'lol.'
Anyways,
I thought people were in love with yuffie_lover.
Hey wait a minute, wasn't there a thread a long while back about yuffie_lover quitting because something about hurting someone? Does the many small accounts have something to do with this? And then I remember seeing Sightless_Seer defending her. So you were defending yourself? And fighting against the one you were hurting? And without Viashino knowing it was you all along?
Or am I completely wrong here?

Nope that's about it... Like I said social experiment.  :/.
I wanted to see how others responded to certain personalities... Like Mako said, I was being insensitive to the feelings of those around me, until I realized I was actually affecting peoples lives. :/. Then mass guilt. >><
« Last Edit: 2010-03-25 06:05:17 by Mendelevium »

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #17 on: 2010-03-25 06:03:28 »
Ah man... Just be yourself on here. No need to be different aliases for a modding community.
Just be yourself, the fact that you already started by being honest (whether you were forced or not) is saying that you have guts to come clean about this sort of stuff. I appreciate honesty, and I'm sure everyone else here does too.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010-03-25 12:53:01 »
You know I don't blame you, I'm guilty of the same thing. I'm actually also "Kudistos Megistos", "El Ammo Bandito", "Hermoor", and "Qhimm". I just have a severe case of Schizophrenia.  ;)
[/troll]
It's funny though how stuff like this makes you realize how you should administer trust cautiously over the internet...

Mayhaps I should post some pics in that one thread so that people know that I'm not an 87 year old woman....
« Last Edit: 2010-03-25 12:55:59 by titeguy3 »

Jari

« Reply #19 on: 2010-03-25 13:20:38 »
You know I don't blame you, I'm guilty of the same thing. I'm actually also "Kudistos Megistos", "El Ammo Bandito", "Hermoor", and "Qhimm". I just have a severe case of Schizophrenia.  ;)
[/troll]

YOU LIEZ! You are not me, I am you! In Soviet Winland and all that. ;D

It's funny though how stuff like this makes you realize how you should administer trust cautiously over the internet...

You should administer trust cautiously, period. Peoplez in real life can lie just as much as peoplez on the Intertubes, and oftentimes they'll manage to hurt you much more. Some do it because they can, some do it because they had no choice, or at least felt like they had no choice. Doesn't really make it hurt less, but at least you can understand why they did it.

It's just that even the most well meaning lies tend to come back and bite you in the arse.

Mayhaps I should post some pics in that one thread so that people know that I'm not an 87 year old woman....

It's not like we can tell the difference between an 87 year old woman and 82 year old woman. ;D

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010-03-25 13:40:22 »
Or claimed to be.

I bet those several people were BrokenCrowe, Blood_Crowe, Sightless_seer and the_scarred_raven ;D

Srsly, Makubex seemed like a rather friendly young lady and all, but I really can't understand falling in love with someone you meet on the internet.

I also couldn't help but notice this; notice the name of the third commenter?

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010-03-25 14:08:10 »
Hrm...so Makubex was a lie, eh? So my theory that people who claim to like FF8 but have no interest FF7 don't really exist is one step closer to being proven!

It's funny cause the only one of all the aliases that I ever interacted with was "BrokenCrowe". I also always thought it was strange how every single one of Sightless_Seer's posts were essentially:

Quote from: My Impression of Sightless_Seer
HEY everybody!!! We should all smile and be happy!!!!!!  :) :) :) :) :) :D :P ;)

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010-03-25 15:27:36 »
I have to say, i'm not really impressed with you. Looking at your Makubex and Yuffie Pm's, you really had me convinced you were a girl. You were my friend too, i'm just disappointed that you would deceive us like this.

The impression i got from Yuffie/Makubex was that you were just a teenage girl, looking into modding FF7 and needed help. You were very nice, and seemed quite honest.

I knew that BrokenCrowe and Blood_Crowe were the same person. That was fairly obvious.

They seemed shy to me, like they wanted to help but just didnt know how to. When you pm'd me, you seemed rather, awkward, like you wanted to say something but just didnt know how.

Sightless_seer was just plain random.

the_scarred_raven....?

These are the many faces of Mendelevium. The alter egos if you will.

My first impression of the real person behind these people? I think your just a bit of a dick if your gonna go and deceive people like that for your own amusement. Its like you dont care about anyone elses feelings. I wouldnt have been so bothered if at the end of each persons "life" you admitted who you were, but stringing people along for so long is just plain nasty.

I'd like to get to know the REAL you. I think most of us would as well. Dont EVER make multiple accounts like that again, you'll end up being like Hermoor and Seifer, and thats not good.

I, and most others here are giving you a chance to start over, so i would suggest you take it :)

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010-03-25 15:42:17 »
I think your just a bit of a ice-cream
hahahahahahahaha holy crap that's so much funnier than it should be.
I'd like to get to know the [size=reallybig]REAL you. I think most of us would as well. Dont EVER make multiple accounts like that again, you'll end up being like Hermoor and Seifer, and thats not good.
Watch it with the font size, Halkun growled at me for that once.
But now that he's admitted his wrongdoings, mayhaps we'll get to see what he's really like.
Also, to be fair, Hermaphrodite only made multiple accounts because he kept getting banned, I don't think he's ever had two simultaneous accounts and pretended to be someone else.
« Last Edit: 2010-03-25 15:44:21 by titeguy3 »

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010-03-25 15:44:37 »
My first impression of the real person behind these people? I think your just a bit of a ice-cream if your gonna go and deceive people like that for your own amusement.

Hahaha that good, i like that haha