Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3038929 times)

White Wind

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods - The Reunion (R03c)
« Reply #1800 on: 2015-08-06 21:31:25 »
Cheers!!

I was wondering, in battle in the magic menu, is the "009/999MP" there to stay instead of a "  9/999MP" ?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: 2015-08-06 23:33:18 »
It's there to stay.  I've left in anything that makes the menu look neater.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: 2015-08-11 01:45:22 »
The menus are done.  I now have to go over everything and test every single cursor movement and so on.  But at least that's the last time I'll ever have to touch the menu.

MEMANIAsama

• View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: 2015-08-11 21:05:56 »
So, here's a few inquiries, and some probably sound a little confusing, sorry in advance.

I patched FF7 on the PC with Reunion at one point, although I'm unsure exactly when that was... maybe back in April? I think it was a version previous to this one, maybe even older. At the time Beacause only seemed to have the first Disc of the game retranslated, so I think I uninstalled Reunion and Reinstalled it without Beacause. But, then I noticed that my Cait Sith was still speaking Scottish. Maybe that was a bug with the uninstall? Or maybe I've always been playing the retranslation and never noticed it didn't uninstall? Any ideas on that?

Anyways, my other actual questions are:

- Does this version of Beacause cover all 3 discs of the game?
- I don't believe I had this latest version installed. I just arrived at Gongaga, it sounds like whatever missing scene there was was linked to something in Sector 5? Guess I missed it?
- Does anybody have videos of the two missing scenes? I'd love to see them, since I doubt I'm replaying the game again.
- I heard there was a missing scene with Palmer in the Honey Bee Inn that was in the Japanese version or maybe an early version of the Japanese game? Any ideas that?
- Finally, what about the mysterious "Test 0" or whatever Panther monster that was in the Well in Corel? I think it was a debug leveling trick monster, but I was wondering if it still existed.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: 2015-08-11 21:12:21 »
- Does this version of Beacause cover all 3 discs of the game?

Answered on first post (Beacause link).

- I don't believe I had this latest version installed. I just arrived at Gongaga, it sounds like whatever missing scene there was was linked to something in Sector 5? Guess I missed it?

You need a few things to make the scene appear, use Google and there's prob an explanation.  Also use latest version.
- I heard there was a missing scene with Palmer in the Honey Bee Inn that was in the Japanese version or maybe an early version of the Japanese game? Any ideas that?

That's on Youtube and you can find with Google. It has nothing to do with this project.

- Finally, what about the mysterious "Test 0" or whatever Panther monster that was in the Well in Corel? I think it was a debug leveling trick monster, but I was wondering if it still existed.

Test 0 is just a debug monster and nothing to do with the main game or this project.

« Last Edit: 2015-08-11 21:14:38 by DLPB »

MEMANIAsama

• View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: 2015-08-11 22:03:42 »
Thanks for the prompt replies. I see the part in Beacause where it says "every text" now. :)

The other inquiries were mostly curiosity if they were things that were going to be readded, but I can see how that would alter the original mission statement since those were never intended to be in the original release of the games.

Also, a bit of a silly question, is there any plans to add the Playstation Menu Buttons separate from the Menu Mod so it's compatible with Steam? I'm asking this because I know there's a Steam Mod that adds xBox buttons to the game (unfortunately they never made a Playstation button version.) If not, that's cool, I was just curious.

Thanks for all your work!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: 2015-08-11 22:21:29 »
The PSX buttons will be added to Steam in the new version, XBox will not.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: 2015-08-12 01:27:16 »
"X was taken by surprise"

Instead of the enemy name being here (it should be), the character name is shown (i.e., Tifa was taken by surprise).  I think this is a game oversight.  To correct this, I have changed "X was taken by surprise" to "Surprise attack!"  I suggest you do this also, Green Goblin.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: 2015-08-12 08:55:46 »
"X was taken by surprise"

Instead of the enemy name being here (it should be), the character name is shown (i.e., Tifa was taken by surprise).  I think this is a game oversight.  To correct this, I have changed "X was taken by surprise" to "Surprise attack!"  I suggest you do this also, Green Goblin.

I remembered that I changed it to 'X takes the initiative' for my german mod.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: 2015-08-12 09:41:02 »
I'd do that but I'm uncertain if there are cases where it will correctly display the enemy name. 

MEMANIAsama

• View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: 2015-08-17 20:03:16 »
I posted in troubleshooting, but also wanted to post here. I'm only using the Reunion mod, and my usage of Black Chocobo has been kept to a minimum, never messing with flags or map values. Some crazy stuff happened to me and another user about a month ago in regards to the Yuffie quest. I've supplied save files for troubleshooting in the post below.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=16240.msg231310#msg231310

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: 2015-08-17 20:06:00 »
This has been mentioned before.  I can't see how that can be a fault with Reunion.  I don't edit the files that would do that.  Does anyone here have any ideas?

Perhaps this is a Black Chocobo problem and you have edited your save?

MEMANIAsama

• View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: 2015-08-17 21:14:21 »
I sent the user of the original topic in what I linked (a month-ish ago) a PM. I've included the save files in the linked post if you want to experiment with them or open them up and see what might be going wrong. It could just be a coincidence that we both had the issue.

I used Black Chocobo after the glitch to move my party leader back to the Wutai continent and continued on with the Yuffie side-quest like nothing happened. Hopefully this was a one-off occurrence since the Yuffie stuff triggers on the world map and there's not any other events like that which I can remember.

I took a guess it was Reunion if only because the post I found with my exact issue was on these forums and posted a month-ish ago shortly after the latest Reunion release (which that guy also said he was using.) I've been unable to find any other results relating to a Yuffie glitch anywhere else, so it sounds like a recent occurrence/bug?

EDIT: Maybe related to this, considering the only two scenes where this can occur were both involved in what happened to me and the other user? http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Skipping_the_Midgar_Zolom_Scene_Glitch
« Last Edit: 2015-08-17 21:46:24 by MEMANIAsama »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: 2015-08-17 22:01:29 »
I remember this one in the troubleshooting thread, it was quite interesting. Sounds like one of the memory glitches that can happen which causes warping...but that's usually battle-related. Here's my thoughts on it:

On Disc 1, the majority of players will only use a Chocobo to cross the marshes (if at all), and ditch it at the entrance to the Mines. When dismounting, does the wild Chocobo retain it's position on the world map (just disabled/invisible) or does it default back to coordinates 0,0? If it's the former, then that'd explain why you warped there specifically; the game might have been tricked into thinking you were riding the Chocobo vehicle when you were returned to the world map from the Yuffie event and warped you back to the Choco's current location as a result. This can happen with the Highwind when you exit the North Cave after wrong-warping in there from Disc 1.

There's also a special event at the entrance to the Mythril Mines where a wild chocobo will be made to 'wait' for you if you go there without heading for Kalm first. While this might not have been done in the affected playthrough, it's still an event with triggers that might have been affected either by something in Reunion-specific variables or the Save Editor.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: 2015-08-17 22:11:12 »
It's def not Reunion variables, it doesn't use any that are already in use originally.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1815 on: 2015-08-17 22:57:53 »
Your issue exists when your save is loaded on PSX, so this issue has nothing to do with Reunion.

MEMANIAsama

• View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: 2015-08-18 02:15:25 »
Hmm... ok then. Interesting.

Thanks for the insight there Sega Chief. Glad to know it's not Reunion, but still an extremely weird glitch.

Looks like they're also looking into it in the Black Chocobo thread in case you're interested:

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9625.msg231319#msg231319

According to the post, as mentioned, the game never flagged me as dismounting a wild chocobo when I entered the cave. Somehow it remain triggered. During events like the Yuffie event and other things, as was mentioned, it will teleport you directly to your Chocobo mount, because in theory you can't have a chocobo mount without actually being on it. Somehow I entered the cave while STILL being on a Chocobo, thus the weirdness. Apparently there's a little toggle switch in Black Chocobo that I can click that will "disable" my Chocobo and treat it as being dismounted that should solve the issue.

Weird stuff.
« Last Edit: 2015-08-18 02:19:22 by MEMANIAsama »

Toppanzoo

• View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: 2015-08-20 10:08:45 »
Hi, though I am not the neat CG designer but I made some work on axja.hrc (Tifa Dressed in char.lgp).

Tifa in vanilla char.lgp file axja.hrc wears the decorated waist chain belt, but in the Reunion patch she has not it just wears sexy dress only.
So I added the decoration to her waist.

If you like this, here's the file link of modified Reunion Tifa;
http://www.mediafire.com/download/cz9kt8xodpxdcyf/Tifa_dressup_axja.hrc.rar

Hope Reunion work not to be missing good parts in vanilla files.

One more  trifle thing, maybe Tifa on "wagon"  in djid.hrc of char.lgp would be changed according to this new Tifa dressed.

Post revised on 23 Aug. 2015

I shaped up the previous models including Tifa on wagon djid.hrc;

Here's the new file link;

http://www.mediafire.com/download/rjqdydbtz0nqj8d/Tifa_Dressed_Wagon_Mod.rar

To DLPB;
Thanks for your reply suggesting that I need to contact Kaldarasha.
I will send him PM.

« Last Edit: 2015-08-24 12:46:15 by Toppanzoo »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: 2015-08-20 12:10:03 »
That looks good!  You'd need to contact Kaldarasha too.  He deals with the models and could also probably make good use of this :)

Aristófanes

• View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: 2015-08-20 15:41:52 »
First, thank you all for this amazing work.

I'm enjoying the game like it was the first time. I have always played it in spanish and it is a translation of the original english. So you can imagine the result. Sometimes Aerith is "a boy".

I just recruit Tifa and the game already seems different. I talk to every NPC and the conversations make sense. Even Barret!!

The models are great too and the scenes look like new with them. I was wondering if in future releases of the reunion patch it will be included the rest of Kaldarasha battle models like Barret or Tifa. I have them using the 7th heaven tool but i would ilke to have them "directly" with the installer like the Cloud battle model.

One more time. Thank you!! 

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: 2015-08-20 17:18:58 »
Nah, I've left the battle models because they are perfect to the original game style. 

octopus

• View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: 2015-08-21 21:34:22 »
Firstly, I would like to thank you, DLPB, for this gigantic work. It’s awesome.

Secondly, I would like to ask you, what are essential files for the Beacause re-translation? Are they flevel, ff7.exe, Kernel.bin, kernel2.bin, scene.bin, world_us as listed or do I need something else? Why am I asking?
Not long ago, SE released iOS “port” of FFVII, which appears to be a PC version emulation of some kind, or at least it uses all the same resources, even the .exe’s. I unpacked the release and applied Reunion, most of it worked, even the models, but the game run at around 5 FPS, so even the partial Reunion mod is a no go, in the end I decided to stick with the re-translation hence I’d like to know which files are needed.
« Last Edit: 2015-08-21 22:27:36 by octopus »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: 2015-08-21 21:42:25 »
The list of files edited and breakdown are in the readme :)

octopus

• View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: 2015-08-21 21:46:24 »
Who reads the readmes?
Oops, silly me! Thanks!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: 2015-08-22 03:29:08 »
Correction to text, Midhir:

We may have lost everything, but in a way, I'm kinda glad we had a clean out.

Should be:

We may have lost everything, but, in a way, I'm kind of glad we had a clean out.
« Last Edit: 2015-08-22 04:27:22 by DLPB »