Author Topic: Anime = Ranma 1/2  (Read 20740 times)

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
Anime = Ranma 1/2
« on: 2002-07-24 21:10:10 »
Anyone here into anime?
i just got adsl, and using iMesh/etc (file sharing), ive been able to get a good feel of the ranma 1/2 tv series(s) and videos
my questions are:
-anyone here into anime? name some great ones (so i can download em :))
-when does ranma 1/2 end? ive seen the OVA #12 (last one i think) but it dont look like it ever ends? (viz comics say series 7 is the last ever?)
-know any good places (cough-sites/ftp/servers) for these episodes?
and lastly RANMA ROCKS :D

ShinRa Inc

• The Ascension of the Ordinary Man
    • View Profile
    • http://shinrainc.org
Anime = Ranma 1/2
« Reply #1 on: 2002-07-24 21:37:41 »
There are something like 36 of the graphic novels, and I think up to 17 is translated and availible in the US.

I'm not sure how many of the Animes there are.  I think it's the first few books, 12 'new' episodes, and a few movies

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
Anime = Ranma 1/2
« Reply #2 on: 2002-07-24 22:40:56 »
hmm
from wot ive seen
novels 1-3
is the entire 1st series (episodes 1-18 minus a few extra episodes) and 3 from the 2nd series. i think theres about 18-24 eps per series (7 series so far i think).
but wots annoying is there doesnt seem to be an end to the saga :)

Nori

• View Profile
Anime = nayoung
« Reply #3 on: 2002-07-25 02:08:01 »
Anime KAWAIII ;) (R - 1/2) is really old OLDDD,  I think I read most of manga(s) during my middle school years (soneee)~

But hey, I think Azumanga Daioh, FLCL, and Abeno Bashi Mahou Shougentai are almost as good as R- 1/2... well ne ne ne how can I miss Chibi Maruko-chan!!! well, Dr. Slump (Japanese Manga only)...

eeee, R - 1/2 isn't the best anime out there... But I wonder Final Fantasy Anime failed (zanzen...)... Furthermore, there are way too many good ones, but don't forget about - Excel Saga (Anime & Comics),  Macross Plus, Majo no Takkyuubin, Tenkuu no Shiro Rapyuta, Rupan Sansei: Terebi to Kariosutoro no Shiro... and more... follow by topic "R - 1/2," I find it little boring (sorry)!

Ask me I would love to recommend other Animes (New and Old)~

Nori

• View Profile
Answers
« Reply #4 on: 2002-07-25 04:04:15 »
Answers: Hi The Skillster-san,

Anyone here into anime?
ME!
Name some great ones:
Check your private message (PM)!
When does Ranma 1/2 end?
Anone, Internet is the KEY!
(Cough-sites/ftp/servers) for these episodes?
^__^ sure, even my FTP site is out there (over 200GB), but try WinMX, Kaza-Kite, and mIRC.

Remember Ranma 1/2 is already licensed; therefore, let see... if I recall it "copyright!" >___<

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
Anime = Ranma 1/2
« Reply #5 on: 2002-07-25 06:45:51 »
*Points out "Dr. Slump" creator's even more well known series, Dragonball Z.*

I hear Trigun is excellent. (On my list of things to see!) Cowboy Bebop, Martian Successor Nadesico, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Robotech (AKA Macross), D.N.A.², and Video Girl AI are all good series. Other cool series: Serial Experiment Lain, Rurouni Kenshin, Rurouni Kenshin OVA (4 episodes), and of course, Dragonball Z.

In terms of Manga, I'm collecting Ranma 1/2 (I have 6 of the books.), Dragonball (better than the US TV version!), Oh My Goddess (VERY good!) and You're Under Arrest. I also have both English Patlabor books. (I WANT MORE OF THEM!!!) Other cool books/graphic novels: Ghost in the Shell (Get the Japanese version! It's un-edited!), and the 4 Appleseed books. (Both by Masamune Shirow.)

In terms of Movies: Princess Mononoke, Perfect Blue, and Ghost in the Shell are all in my collection..

I think I have more, but I can't remember them right now...

Sephiroth 3D

"I don't understand..." "You don't have to understand." - Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within

Sephiroth 3D.com
[email protected]

Joey

• View Profile
Anime = Ranma 1/2
« Reply #6 on: 2002-07-25 09:59:55 »
I'm into manga too. But unfortunately I only have the sypnosis to Ranma 1/2 and only one manga book...the 1st episode with lots of....u know...

Well, try out other, more available stuff

nayoung: U sound VERY famillar...

eerrrr

• View Profile
Anime = Ranma 1/2
« Reply #7 on: 2002-07-25 14:02:22 »
Skillster: Sorry, I'm still on a 33.6K (unlike some :evil:) so I can't help you with any anime series.

It's quite interesting, the Sci-Fi channel (shudders) shows Neon Genesis Evangelion now on Saturday mornings which is pretty cool, and this other anime which I can't remember the name of.

Since you don't really get anime on TV here on the UK I tend to buy DVDs if possible.  I've only got Akira and GiTS at the moment, and my friend's gonna get Perfect Blue.  Ficedula says I should try Princess Mononoke but I can't get hold of it, and I don't order things online.

So, does anyone know of any good anime DVDs I can get in the UK? Oh there's a thought, I remember seeing Ninja Scroll in MVC, might get that soon.

Note to General Mods: Shouldn't this be in the Completely Unrelated forum?

Jedimark

• View Profile
Anime = Ranma 1/2
« Reply #8 on: 2002-07-25 14:50:47 »
Wow Joey.... I thought you had disapeard off the face of the earth!

Nah I'm not into Anime... in fact I hate it! :o

Alhexx

• View Profile
    • http://www.alhexx.com
Anime = Ranma 1/2
« Reply #9 on: 2002-07-25 14:57:45 »
If you're searchin' for anime videos, here's my tip:

Ghost In The Shell
    Armitage 3
    Akira
    Gunsmith Cats
    Riding Bean
    [/list:u]

- Alhexx

Nori

• View Profile
My recommendation ‘Best 19:’
« Reply #10 on: 2002-07-25 15:50:09 »
My recommendation ‘Best 19:’

1. Azumanaga Daioh “still on air in Japan, but really funny”
2. Excel Saga “funny and very odd”
3. (FLCL) Fooly Kooly “ ^___^ ”
4. Jin-Roh The Wolf Brigade “novel”
5. Kare Kano (Kareshi Kanojo no Jijyo) “ahhh sigh”
6. Kiki's Delivery Service (Majo no Takkyuubin) “novel”
7. Laputa: Castle in the Sky (Tenkuu no Shiro Rapyuta) “my favorite movie”
8. Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro (Rupan Sansei: Terebi to Kariosutoro no Shiro) “very good movie”
9. Macross Plus “love triangle and the music”
10. Metropolis “sad and work of an art”
11. My Neighbor Totoro (Tonari no Totoro) “KAWAII — Cute”
12. Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (Kaze no Tani no Naushika) “my anime starts here”
13. Ocean Waves (Umi ga Kikoeru) “ahhh sigh”
14. Patlabor Movies 1-3 “3 just came out in Japan”
15. Poroco Rosso (Kurenai no Buta) “another good movie”
16. Princess Mononoke (Mononoke Hime) ...
17. Read or Die “all about books”
18. Rurouni Kenshi “novel”
19. Spirited Away (Sen to Chihiro no Kami Kakushi) “I saw it and I saw it again”

TEE TEE ^^; please support the copyright law...

Nori

• View Profile
OOOPS
« Reply #11 on: 2002-07-25 16:56:33 »
Ara..., Grave of the Fireflies (Hotaru no Haka)... this one is also based on a novel which I'm reading it right now!!! PLZ see this~ I'm sure you can find DVD for it.  "FLCL (Furi Kuri or Fooly Kooly) <--- short and very good see this first."

Za Neee

Goku7

• View Profile
Anime = Ranma 1/2
« Reply #12 on: 2002-07-25 22:24:13 »
Ack!  You forgot to mention one of the best anime's that was shown on U.S. Televsion......and NO, its NOT Pokemon (shudders)

Escaflowne!

Nori

• View Profile
Down with Escaflowne
« Reply #13 on: 2002-07-26 02:20:48 »
US TV version of Escaflowne wasn't alike what I saw in Japan/DVD!!!
I'm sure many of you know about it (CUTs)... but the best "US Televsion" on air was I think it's the Cowby Bebop (at least)...

EVA... isn't really good~ just watch 1-13EPS perhaps, just watch movies instead ^^ also DB, DBZ and DBGT I just read comics instead... Furthermore, about  Perfect Blue, the novel is so much better then anime it self, but I find it interesting... that would be all ^^

Joey

• View Profile
Anime = Ranma 1/2
« Reply #14 on: 2002-07-26 07:00:28 »
Do u have Devilman? I like the concept and the storyline.

Nori

• View Profile
Amon Apocalypse of Devilman!
« Reply #15 on: 2002-07-26 18:06:00 »
Amon Apocalypse of Devilman wasn't really big hit anime also it's little lame ^^; I weather watch Vampire Hunter D (2000)!

Darkness

• View Profile
    • http://www.x0r.net
Anime = Ranma 1/2
« Reply #16 on: 2002-07-26 19:01:16 »
alhexx has good taste.

eerrrr

• View Profile
Anime = Ranma 1/2
« Reply #17 on: 2002-07-27 10:14:13 »
I went to MVC yesturday and had a look around.  The thing is they moved everything round and I couldn't find any Anime DVDs or VHSs, everything was taken up by Star Trek and Stargate.

Anyway, I was just about to ask if they had some film when I saw Metropolis.  I read a review on it the other day and they said it was excellent, so I bought it.  

I don't really know if I liked it though.  The animation was excellent, but the way the characters were drawn, the storyline and the fact that it was a PG made it too much like a Disney film!  Probably the only thing that seperated it from Disney was the violence and slightly strange plot.  I'm definately gonna research more about an anime film before I buy one next time.

Alhexx: I'll look into those films, thanks.

Ultima

• View Profile
Mononoke Hime...
« Reply #18 on: 2002-07-27 11:40:36 »
Princess Mononoke rocks.

=P

I recommend Street Fighter II - The Animated Movie
I recommend Ghost In The Shell
I recommend Princess Mononoke
I recommend Ninja Scroll
I recommend X
I recommend Adililius Militum

Nori

• View Profile
Ecchi Ecchi Ecchi
« Reply #19 on: 2002-07-28 17:00:53 »
I thought Metropolis was really great! Humanity vs. Robots/Slavery (Perhaps, someday)!!!

Hmm, well speaking of movies (USA) let see... you should watch KITE, I really don't recommend it, but it's up to you!!! Furthermore, good anime(s) are based on series; therefore, you should download unlicensed animes over online perhaps that's the one of a good way to get a decent taste about ANIME :) eerrrr-san, try ROD (Read or Die)!!!

eerrrr

• View Profile
Anime = Ranma 1/2
« Reply #20 on: 2002-07-28 19:59:17 »
Ohh, eerrrr-san, never heard that one before.  

I watched Metropolis again, it's not bad, but I just find it kinda childish, but that's just my opinion.

RoD?  Well I only attempt to get hold of anime if it's available in the UK, i.e. Region 2 DVDs.  I'll look into it anyway.

Thanks nayoung.

Nori

• View Profile
Region Free & To Joey
« Reply #21 on: 2002-07-28 22:03:13 »
If your using PC compu DVD player I'm sure you can apply for Region Free software!

BTW, I'm very sure that you can find these in UK -
"Jin-Roh The Wolf Brigade" DVD & VHS
"Macross Plus" DVD & VHS
"Patlabor Movies 1 & 2" VHS

PS: your welcome eerrrr-san

To Joey-
nayoung: U sound VERY familar...

I don't want to be sound rude, but Joey-san, ara I don't know you!?! And how & why am I sound very familiar to you??? No offense ^^...

sHELL

• View Profile
Wheeee!!!
« Reply #22 on: 2002-07-29 19:08:57 »
/me shakes hands with nayoung

Just add Abenobashi Mahou Soutengai to the list and its perfect  :wink:

Nah I'm not into Anime... in fact I hate it!

But you do like Final Fantasy games?.... right.... :z

Nori

• View Profile
My recommendation &#8216;Best 19:&#8217;
« Reply #23 on: 2002-07-29 21:00:25 »
sHELL-san Yeah if it was My recommendation 'best 20:' then I might have add it, well I'm not sure... since too many good old school animes are out there ^__^ don't you agree~

sHELL

• View Profile
Anime = Ranma 1/2
« Reply #24 on: 2002-07-29 21:51:34 »
hai nayoung-chan  :oops:

In the list old anime I got Hyper Police on #1 One of my first shows I fell in love with ^_^

And altho im only a anime fan for a bit more then a year I catched up with ALOT. Following now all the new titels in japan a much as possible (and as far the are fansubed >_<)

You got a anime titel your looking forward to?