Author Topic: chocobo breeding/racing invisible stats  (Read 7078 times)

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
chocobo breeding/racing invisible stats
« on: 2009-06-10 23:02:11 »
Ok when playing the game and breeding chocobos chloe mentions which chocobo is the fastest sprinter, this is the only hint the game gives you of that ability.  I assume this is the ability that when you press the sprint (turbo) button during a race it affects how fast the chocobo goes.

Most of the time when I breed all yellow chocobos I get (even wonderful ones) barely speed up when I use turbo, only the black and gold seem to do.  But when compared to A,S and the computer black chocobo its bad they sprint much faster.

So my question is, can sprint stat be boosted by certian combinations of nuts and greens?

I have read the mechanics guide here.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=3241.0

It mentions run, dash and acceleration stats, so the chocobos have 3 different stats related to speed? which one out of dash and run is used as the speed stat, and what does accelerate do?

Thanks

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
Re: chocobo breeding/racing invisible stats
« Reply #1 on: 2009-06-13 22:16:37 »
ok I am trying to get a 176 speed stat gold chocobo.

I have this at the moment.

a 154 speed male black chocobo (my fastest)
a 127 speed female black chocobo
a 145 speed male gold chocobo
a 110 speed female wonderful chocobo
and a 104 speed female blue chocobo

I have been mating the female wonderful chocobo with my male black chocobo for over 2 hours trying to get a female gold chocobo and the results arent impressivem they suggest either the random generator is screwed ot the guide is wrong.  Both have won 8 races each. Total 16 races won between them. With zeio nuts of course.

The last 20 attempts with 3 to 5 random battles between each attempt, (bearing in mind I am supposed to be garunatueed gold chocobo and female/male is 50/50 chance.)

male gold
male gold
male gold
male gold
male yellow
male gold
male yellow
male gold
male gold
male gold
male gold
male gold
male gold
male gold
male gold
male gold
male gold
male gold
male gold
male gold

any thoughts?

what I am trying to do is get 2 gold chocobos I can mate with each other in the hope of getting a 176 speed chocobo.

In addition I have tried mating gold with black assuming 50/50 chance of gold or black and its nearly always male black with the occasional female black.
« Last Edit: 2009-06-13 22:19:40 by Chrysalis »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-06-13 22:44:58 »
I had  avery fast chocobo once, I just kept breeding 2 gold together with a zeio....over and again I think....

Been a long time :)

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-06-13 22:45:17 »
some more info.

if i mate the gold male with the black female using the 3rd from bottom nut porofo I think, then its always a gold male, zeio always black male as said in previous post.

If I win more races so the chocobos are S class then I NEVER get gold chocobos.  Hence why I only race chocobos I am breeding to 8 wins, 1 win away from S class.

with the wonderful and black on S class I did 5 breeds.

female black
male yellow
male yellow
male yellow
male yellow

so immediatly after the race I actually had a female but after some fights reverted to always male again and no golds.

also my fights are now all the same always back attack against same monsters.

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-06-13 22:46:35 »
I had  avery fast chocobo once, I just kept breeding 2 gold together with a zeio....over and again I think....

Been a long time :)

but I cant breed 2 gold I keep getting males only, need a female :(

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-06-13 22:50:36 »
You should get a female some of the time.  The trick is to keep resetting the game if you don't....

That is what I always did :)   Use carob nuts  see how that works...but for sure, you should get a mix of the 2 genders.

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-06-13 23:09:17 »
haha finally!!!

I think the game was glitched, I decided to do a random battle in a different area and also used up my charged omnislash, then first time after that got gold female.  Speed is 153, after I race it up to A class I will breed it with the other gold.

My battles are now different enemies again as well.