Author Topic: "Pineapple" Update...  (Read 7738 times)

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
"Pineapple" Update...
« on: 2007-05-30 08:56:44 »
For those wondering, I've been working on a game to better sharpen my skills as a programmer. (Actually, I'm taking the technology I'm learning from Q-Gears and putting it towards my own program. I'm not taking the code, only the ideas.)

Here's an update to my game "The Pineapple Chronicles". This is Kaori, one of the main characters in the game... This is after about four days worth of work.

Her neck isn't done, I ran out of time tonight. Tomarrow I should be finished off on the body model and start in on her UV mapping. Then I have to add clothes. (She has three costumes)

After that... I have to work on Max... the boy...

After that... The rigging starts. I think I might be in way over my head.

Anyways, here's the picture.

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
Re: "Pineapple" Update...
« Reply #1 on: 2007-05-30 15:54:48 »
Naked models is what got HALO delayed wasn't it? You sure about this? :-P

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 2007-05-30 17:30:19 »
She will have clothes on, though I do have to smooth out some of her "assets" so I don't have fanboys digging through the data files ala FFX-2

LOLOL Boobies!!!!

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007-05-31 01:35:35 »
Quote from: ChaosControl
Naked models is what got HALO delayed wasn't it? You sure about this?

I believe it was naked images in an error message.

Halo 2: Vist...WHOA?!

Are there any graphic error messages we should be aware of?  :-D

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 2007-06-03 10:24:27 »
Here I have an update ^_^

She has hair now and I toned won the boobge a bit. She also has an internal mouth with a tongue and a full set of teeth. I'm happy!

Now I have to dress her.
« Last Edit: 2007-06-03 10:26:11 by halkun »

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007-06-03 12:55:49 »
Hey halkun, nice model! Did you do it from scracth or you started from an intermediate model?
I also did a little game a week ago. Nowhere close to how this looks though :-P. I hope I can do something a bit better this summer.
By the way, what happened exactly with halo 2? Does anyone has any images?

Jari

« Reply #6 on: 2007-06-03 13:04:14 »
There is one image in the link provided by Otokoshi. And that article has a link to a forum post with uncensored version of the said image.

It's just a nekkid programmer butt. Pretty juvenile, but no big deal. Or shouldn't be, but it would appear that some people have never seen an ass before. :-D

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007-06-03 14:02:12 »
What in the hell?! Was just that? Man, people must be far more sick than I thought.

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #8 on: 2007-06-03 16:24:32 »
Hey halkun, nice model! Did you do it from scracth or you started from an intermediate model?

Scratch build, from a drawing. I'm still in the process of fine tuning her. There have been experiments all along the way. For example, I first made her, and when I articulated the mouth, realized you can see inside her head. I then made teeth and and a tongue, only to discover you could still see in her mouth from particular angles. I still have to "connect" the inner mouth with the outer one.

I'm working on the clothes now, she wears two shirts, (A tank top and an open blouse) and a long skirt. I'm pretty sure I'm going to regret the long skirt when I start to animate her. I'll burn that bridge when I get to it.

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007-06-03 16:52:07 »
I'm still in the process of fine tuning her.
Wow, I used that exact same sentence yesterday, other context though.

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #10 on: 2007-06-05 16:54:50 »
Update ^_^

RPGillespie

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/rpgillespie6
« Reply #11 on: 2007-06-05 22:28:31 »
Wow. that is a surprisingly good computer model. Looks awesome! Did you teach yourself, or take a class?

[Edit]
Holy crap, you did that in blender? I have a sudden urge to start modeling, no joke. If only my computer could handle blender that is :P...

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #12 on: 2007-06-06 00:15:02 »
Yup, this is Blender. It's a lot easier when you learn if from scratch. Everything I do is self taught, but I'm not stranger to art. As for the computers....

The primary dev box is a 2.1Mhg PC running Linux with 512 of ram and a Nvidia 5300 AGP card, hoever most of my 2D assets are being developed on that using Gimp and a Watcom tablet. This includes textures, hightmaps, and the like.

My major assets (models mostly for now) is being done on Windows PC with Blender, but the python backend is being mostly handled by the Linux box also running Blender. With Win32 PC is a 2.9Mhz machine with an Nvidia 6400 AGP card in it and 512 Meg of ram. Both computers are sharing a drive via SMB from the Linux box.. 

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #13 on: 2007-06-06 06:50:22 »
Blah...

I should start a blog on this... I'll have to look into that. Any recommendations?

truesdale

« Reply #14 on: 2007-06-06 07:34:11 »
I would go for it if I were you. after all, most people may believe that your talent may rub off on them if you have a blog.  :-P

Jari

« Reply #15 on: 2007-06-06 08:13:46 »
Any recommendations?

For blogging software?

Nucleus if you have limited resources, Wordpress if you want features and zillions of plugins and don't mind that the author got caught running a link farm on WP's main site (to which every WP blog links to) couple of years ago, and have a bit more power to run it (or remember to  use the caching plugin - otherwise it can be surprisingly heavyish on an older server). Just steer clear of the Nucleus spinoff Blog:CMS - the author is a grade A asshat and monumental jerk (...actually, you might want to Google "radekradek" for few laughs - that's the dude :P).

Or just use some site that offers free blogs, there are several, I believe. I think that features might be bit lacking compared to running your own, but you'll probably save at least some time and nerves. :)