Author Topic: Final Fantasy 8 difficulty mod?  (Read 6554 times)

Seraphim87

• View Profile
Final Fantasy 8 difficulty mod?
« on: 2014-10-04 00:54:25 »
I know FF7 has one so.... any chance we could ever see one for FF8?

It'd be nice if it had 3 difficulty settings- normal (original), hard and insane.  FF7's "difficulty mod" is really just insane! (several hours of grinding just to beat that robot in the first factory?!)

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: Final Fantasy 8 difficulty mod?
« Reply #2 on: 2014-10-04 01:11:10 »
"Has one"
"any chance we could ever seen one for FF8"

Please, did you even bother to expend the absolute minimum effort and look into the damn gameplay release forum?
Theres not one but closer to a dozen FF7 difficulty mods and a bunch of FF8 difficulty mods

There's a goddamn FF8 difficulty mod listed AS THE FIRST RESULT ON GOOGLE when you google "Final Fantasy 8 difficulty mod"

It should be a CRIMINAL OFFENSE to be this goddamn lazy

I get really sick of people not only not reading but not even LOOKING either

And don't even get all uptight on me for giving you shit. There's a limit to how much laziness is humanly tolerable and this is way beyond it

Seraphim87

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-10-04 01:31:08 »
"Has one"
"any chance we could ever seen one for FF8"

Please, did you even bother to expend the absolute minimum effort and look into the damn gameplay release forum?
Theres not one but closer to a dozen FF7 difficulty mods and a bunch of FF8 difficulty mods

There's a goddamn FF8 difficulty mod listed AS THE FIRST RESULT ON GOOGLE when you google "Final Fantasy 8 difficulty mod"

It should be a CRIMINAL OFFENSE to be this goddamn lazy

I get really sick of people not only not reading but not even LOOKING either

And don't even get all uptight on me for giving you sh*t. There's a limit to how much laziness is humanly tolerable and this is way beyond it

Jesus, calm TF down homey.

I checked out the mods section on Steam and didn't see any mods specifically for difficulty there.  I didn't realize that not all the mods for the game were listed in FF8's mods section there.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-10-04 01:34:13 »
The mods section on Steam is an awful place to check. The forums are way more reliable. I'm having trouble believing there actually IS a mod section for FF7/8 on Steam.

Seraphim87

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014-10-04 01:35:02 »
The mods section on Steam is an awful place to check. The forums are way more reliable. I'm having trouble believing there actually IS a mod section for FF7/8 on Steam.

Thanks for the tip.

So... why doesn't Steam include all the mods?  Are there a bunch of hoops one has to go through to have your mods listed up there?  Or are they just lazy?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2014-10-04 01:45:29 »
Enough with the hostility, guys. ~Covarr

Steam doesn't have it most likely because the modding community largely doesn't have/care about the Steam version; most peeps here are working with the 2000 version. Not to mention, even when stuff here gets reposted by others, they only repost the stuff that's important to them, rather than absolutely everything.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #7 on: 2014-10-04 01:49:24 »
Are you pants on head out of your mind or something?
Do you even know that STEAM WORKSHOP only exists for games where modding is approved by the developer? No? TRY SOME COMMON SENSE DUDE because once again the first result on google after "final fantasy steam workshop" tells you this

You are in a goddamn modding forum. Theres threads with FF mods everywhere. What in the f*ck made you think I am talking about steam? You have over THIRTY POSTS and yet you don't goddamn know we have mods in this forum?

Oh and by the way, I am calm. I just find ULTIMATE JUSTICE in yelling at people who are so incredibly lazy they would DIE if BREATHING wasn't an automated process.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2014-10-04 01:54:02 »
Now, now, children. Stop. ~Covarr