Author Topic: [FF9 PC] Moguri Mod update 8.2 (LIVE ON OFFICIAL SITE)  (Read 357940 times)

Darktalon

• View Profile
Re: [FF9 PC] Moguri Mod update 8.0 (LIVE ON OFFICIAL SITE)
« Reply #475 on: 2020-05-28 22:45:55 »
Installed Moguri Mod 8.0.1 today.

Got this error.

https://imgur.com/8U4nH9T

Rippa

• View Profile
« Reply #476 on: 2020-05-29 01:21:06 »
Are the battle animations too fast or is it just me? If so, how do I configure them in standard mode?
Obs.: I am not using accelerated mode. Normal mode is already very fast.

Thanks, this update is amazing!

IFireflyl

• View Profile
« Reply #477 on: 2020-05-29 03:15:55 »
Hey, snouz. The Install page on your site lists the following requirements:

Official Steam release of the game
11Go on C:/ (for extraction) + 11Go on install disk
Note: you can install on top of a previous version
If you have a problem with permissions, launch with administrator rights

What is 11Go, exactly? This isn't mentioned anywhere (or, if it is, I completely missed it).

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: 2020-05-29 03:31:52 »
Are the battle animations too fast or is it just me? If so, how do I configure them in standard mode?

Yes, the framerate for battles is adjustable. They have it set to 24 by default I believe--I changed it to 20 so it's a multiple of my monitor's refresh rate and it slows it down just a tick but looks way smoother than the standard 15fps (?) I think the vanilla game runs the battles at.

Xenogears

• View Profile
« Reply #479 on: 2020-05-29 07:07:05 »

Open Memoria.ini in the game directory

[Graphics]
BattleFPS = 15 original fps
BattleSwirlFrames = 115 original fps curtains

cosx

• View Profile
« Reply #480 on: 2020-05-29 08:22:17 »
Hi! I have some artifacts in my text. It is possible to fix?

https://imgur.com/a/ErJH052

anthonyziack

• View Profile
« Reply #481 on: 2020-05-29 14:00:22 »
It's a shame SE is so lazy these days they couldn't change the Battle UI from the phone port. This mod is BEAUTIFUL and IX is my favorite FF in the series, yet I still can't play because of the stupid Battle UI. I just can't do it. It's hideous and I can't see strawberries. But I wanted to say thanks to everyone involved with this Mod. Maybe one day someone can fix that stupid Battle UI!

I feel you on this one. It's one of the main things stopping me from doing a proper play through. There is a battle scale UI mod out there but for the life of me I can't get it working with Moguri in any version or even the vanilla game. It's especially annoying because they patched the Ps4 version Battle UI but just left the phone crap on this version.
If we could just get the battle scale UI mod officially merged with this one, we'd have a perfect overhaul of the game here.

decency_breakin3

• View Profile
« Reply #482 on: 2020-05-29 22:30:48 »
https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy9/mods/11

could always message the author and see about making it compatible. he was active as of a couple weeks ago on this.

KaidenJames

• It's cuz of the !@#$ 'pizza'
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: 2020-05-30 03:22:27 »
I feel you on this one. It's one of the main things stopping me from doing a proper play through. There is a battle scale UI mod out there but for the life of me I can't get it working with Moguri in any version or even the vanilla game. It's especially annoying because they patched the Ps4 version Battle UI but just left the phone crap on this version.
If we could just get the battle scale UI mod officially merged with this one, we'd have a perfect overhaul of the game here.

https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy9/mods/11

could always message the author and see about making it compatible. he was active as of a couple weeks ago on this.

I've also known about and had difficult times getting that mod to work. I've brought up my issues on the Steam page tutorial and the nexus comments. The author has only responded to me a couple times about a year or so ago. I've just recently posted some pics of my issues and haven't heard anything. The battle UI is truly the last and only thing keeping me from playing my favorite FF. A full playthrough that I've been wanting to do since they ported it to PC haha.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-30 03:24:36 by KaidenJames »

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: 2020-05-30 03:27:11 »
Open Memoria.ini in the game directory

[Graphics]
BattleFPS = 15 original fps
BattleSwirlFrames = 115 original fps curtains

I was thinking battleswirlframes is actually the length of the animation itself. I set it to 0 and it skips the godawful swirl completely, which is awesome.

Onean

• View Profile
« Reply #485 on: 2020-05-30 13:27:31 »
I've been playing this a bunch these past couple weeks using the v3 beta install, and checked for an update just in time to see the full release so I updated over top of the install I had.

Unfortunately it popped up some error of file issues, which I didn't get a screencap of, so I uninstalled the mod and tried again, getting this error during installation:
https://i.imgur.com/u4kDXDY.png
If I hit enter the installation seems to finish as normal, but the game just runs as a vanilla install.

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: 2020-05-31 15:23:22 »
Hey everyone, I updated the website to help people with install problems.

https://sites.google.com/view/moguri-mod/install#h.p_udGnIf1i45sc -> ini configurable options (yes we put 24 fps by accident, it should be 15 for normal battle speed.

Also, you should not have any issue if: you have your game on C:/ and launch the mod as administrator.

ALSO, I've opened a TRELLO for myself for work on 8.1 https://trello.com/b/ALj8oGIi/moguri-81

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #487 on: 2020-05-31 17:01:10 »
Also, you should not have any issue if: you have your game on C:/ and launch the mod as administrator.

funny you should mention that, i argued with zepilot a few years ago on steam forums about this, i NEVER got it to work on anything but a C: drive, (installer doesnt detect the game, so had to type the path of the game, and even when you did that it just didnt work)

i never did get it to work on my desktop pc (the C drive was small and too close to full)
« Last Edit: 2020-05-31 17:02:46 by Orichalcon »

KaidenJames

• View Profile
« Reply #488 on: 2020-05-31 22:11:09 »
Just letting everyone know that TehMighty just released an update to his Scaled Battle UI mod to work with Moguri 8. I'm happy to report this update installed first time with know issues. He has also implemented a feature that let's the user move the UI in battle to a custom position to eliminate issues at different resolutions. Simply press "U" while in battle to move the right side. Press "U" again to move the left side.

I did this and it worked. I closed my game, restarted and the positions were saved. Finally this UI is fixed and we can enjoy a beautiful FFIX with the original battle UI!! Happy freaking day!

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: 2020-05-31 22:18:36 »
funny you should mention that, i argued with zepilot a few years ago on steam forums about this, i NEVER got it to work on anything but a C: drive, (installer doesnt detect the game, so had to type the path of the game, and even when you did that it just didnt work)
Took me a number of bug reports to nail the bug to that, since people's description of a problem is often lacking in details and loose in precision, but now with the bug pinpointed, zePilot will hopefully be able to correct it. You confirm that it's the GAME that needs to be installed on C:/ ? there's no problem when the MOD is installed elsewhere, correct?

Just letting everyone know that TehMighty just released an update to his Scaled Battle UI mod to work with Moguri 8. I'm happy to report this update installed first time with know issues. He has also implemented a feature that let's the user move the UI in battle to a custom position to eliminate issues at different resolutions. Simply press "U" while in battle to move the right side. Press "U" again to move the left side.

I did this and it worked. I closed my game, restarted and the positions were saved. Finally this UI is fixed and we can enjoy a beautiful FFIX with the original battle UI!! Happy freaking day!

He just contacted me about it, I just updated the website to announce compatibility : ) I didn't know about the new feature, that's great! I'll test that right now!
« Last Edit: 2020-05-31 22:25:29 by snouz »

KaidenJames

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: 2020-05-31 22:29:59 »
I forgot to say you have to press "U" a third time to end the movement process and get back to in game control.

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #491 on: 2020-05-31 23:19:39 »
You confirm that it's the GAME that needs to be installed on C:/ ? there's no problem when the MOD is installed elsewhere, correct?

i actually have no idea, this was an older version close to the beginning i think

i know i've always installed moguri inside in the FFIX root folder to keep both it and the game together

but honestly to this day and even though i've never had issues with it on this pc i have my steam library set up so that every game except FFIX is installed on another drive
but keep the C: library available to install FFIX and moguri in default locations... i consider it just mandatory OS space now, to install Win10 on my machine i need a minimum of 30GB for windows + 20GB for FFIX and moguri on a C: drive or no deal
« Last Edit: 2020-05-31 23:57:32 by Orichalcon »

DrakeDarkHunter

• View Profile
« Reply #492 on: 2020-06-01 02:04:46 »
Patching C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY IX\x64\FF9_Data\resources.assets
Patching C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY IX\x64\FF9_Data\sharedassets2.assets
Unexpected error has occurred.
---------------------------
System.Exception: bad checksum
   at Fossil.Delta.Apply(Byte[] origin, Byte[] delta)
   at Memoria.Patcher.Program.PatchFile(GZipStream input, Int64 uncompressedSize, DateTime writeTimeUtc, ConsoleProgressHandler progressHandler, String[] outputPaths)
   at Memoria.Patcher.Program.ExtractFiles(GameLocationInfo gameLocation, GZipStream input, BinaryReader br, Int64& leftSize, ConsoleProgressHandler progressHandler)
   at Memoria.Patcher.Program.Run(String[] args)
   at Memoria.Patcher.Program.Main(String[] args)

I get this error every time I try to install the mod, does anyone know how to fix this?

pentiumvi

• View Profile
« Reply #493 on: 2020-06-01 03:00:31 »
I tried to use the Scaled Battle UI mod, but with Moguri 8 Beta V5, and it seems to cause some issues....

Can anyone confirm whether the battle UI mod only works with the 8.0 release? That would be a bummer if that's the case, since it looks like the game HAS to be install on C: with that version of Moguri.

magitek

• View Profile
« Reply #494 on: 2020-06-01 05:02:29 »
I have just installed moguri 8.0 on the game in drive D: without any problems. I didn't even know it was an issue, is it really?

BTW, awesome job!

Fraggoso

• View Profile
« Reply #495 on: 2020-06-01 06:40:50 »
I tried to use the Scaled Battle UI mod, but with Moguri 8 Beta V5, and it seems to cause some issues....

Can anyone confirm whether the battle UI mod only works with the 8.0 release? That would be a bummer if that's the case, since it looks like the game HAS to be install on C: with that version of Moguri.

As this was always the case, at least for me, I needed to download the optional manual files and do what is written in the read me (it's really easy).

And I can confirm that it works. :)

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: 2020-06-01 10:09:31 »
I have just installed moguri 8.0 on the game in drive D: without any problems. I didn't even know it was an issue, is it really?
Mmmh... I'm still in the dark about this, I cannot reproduce the problem, and don't have access to zePilot's installer code.
Patching C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY IX\x64\FF9_Data\resources.assets
Patching C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY IX\x64\FF9_Data\sharedassets2.assets
Unexpected error has occurred.
---------------------------
   at Memoria.Patcher.Program.PatchFile(GZipStream input, Int64 uncompressedSize, DateTime writeTimeUtc, ConsoleProgressHandler progressHandler, String[] outputPaths)
   at Memoria.Patcher.Program.ExtractFiles(GameLocationInfo gameLocation, GZipStream input, BinaryReader br, Int64& leftSize, ConsoleProgressHandler progressHandler)

I get this error every time I try to install the mod, does anyone know how to fix this?
Does launching the installer as administator solves it?

pentiumvi

• View Profile
« Reply #497 on: 2020-06-02 03:22:18 »

Errors I keep getting. I tried running as admin but did not help.

decency_breakin3

• View Profile
« Reply #498 on: 2020-06-02 06:12:09 »
couldnt get the Scaled UI installer to work on 2 different rigs. Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. it creates a Memoria.ini file and does nothing. cycles for a few seconds. even with all safe guards disabled. tried compatibility modes. nothing. there is a manual option but the part about editing the INI is confusing. : (

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: 2020-06-02 08:07:08 »
couldnt get the Scaled UI installer to work on 2 different rigs. Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. it creates a Memoria.ini file and does nothing. cycles for a few seconds. even with all safe guards disabled. tried compatibility modes. nothing. there is a manual option but the part about editing the INI is confusing. : (

The ini should be something like that:

Under [Graphics], add
ScaledBattleUI = 1

[System]
Enabled=1
StreamingAssets="C:\Program Files\Moguri Mod\StreamingAssets"

Then put tehmightyassets in C:\Program Files\Moguri Mod\StreamingAssets and run the patcher from the game directory.

But that's be nice for him to describe the install problems you had with the non-manual version: https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy9/mods/11?tab=bugs