Author Topic: Random Links  (Read 107961 times)

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Re: Random Links
« Reply #250 on: 2016-01-11 12:04:39 »
If you want to let the others know where we disagree on that point, go right ahead. I will stop replying until another moderator or admin has weighed in, however.

-Ric-

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2016-01-11 12:05:21 »
So it's really about whether you agree with it or not.  Ok.  Gotcha.

Pretty sure the post you quoted explains exactly what it is and isn't about. Not that your limited brain could accept it, after all, it doesn't match your views and therefor it's irrelevant to you.  Sad.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2016-01-11 12:11:34 »
Pretty sure the post you quoted explains exactly what it is and isn't about. Not that your limited brain could accept it, after all, it doesn't match your views and therefor it's irrelevant to you.  Sad.

That's not an argument, it's just baiting.  Please leave this discussion for the adults :)

To others:  I am not happy with the edit because it's an edit of a personal opinion and is not illegal. It doesn't matter whether you find that opinion distasteful - this is the offtopic section and what I said I believe. There are thousands of posts online wishing death on a number of politicians and it's their right to do so.  In my case, the politician in question has allowed mass rape and basically caused misery to thousands and thousands more to come.  So why would I have compassion?  The edit on the other page could equally be applied to posts about Bin Laden - but they wouldn't be? Why?

In Britain "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead" was made number 1 in the Charts when Margaret Thatcher died.  I found that distasteful to her relatives, but it was absolutely not illegal and was people's right to voice satisfaction in her passing. And before that, she was the target of unparalleled vitriol.

To sum up: My post was expressing a personal opinion and didn't break any rules.  If a rule is added - fine.  And if it is, I'll just not bother posting in this section because I sure as hell am not going to be told what to think. In fact, in recent weeks this section has become more and more draconian to the point where it isn't even worth posting in it.

Edit. Actually, forget it.  I'm just going to take my posts to PM, where I can converse with people who I want to talk to - completely absent of the moderation and baiting.  I can see where this is going - debates about modding decisions galore - and of course the occasional thick-as-pig-shit troll like above. No thanks :) I'm not in the mood for that nonsense anymore.  ;D

Please block my account from accessing the offtopic section.  I'll save you the trouble and censor myself. It's for the best.  I'm never going to agree to the moderation as it stands, and I can't suffer pillocks like above without eventually retaliating. Like I have this post.  Plus, I find it a complete waste of my time - unlike years ago.  I'm not being sarcastic, either.  I'd rather not have the ability to see this section.  8)

« Last Edit: 2016-01-11 14:49:19 by DLPB »

-Ric-

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2016-01-11 12:13:29 »
That's not an argument, it's just baiting.  Please leave this discussion for the adults :)

*yawn*
Are you done?

No, apparently you're not, since you went back and wrote a wall of text explaining how it should be ok to share your toxic views on how you wish someone was murdered in a forum that has absolutely nothing to do with such stuff.

And if it is, I'll just not bother posting in this section because I sure as hell am not going to be told what to think.

That's the best thing that could happen to this forum considering how your posts consist of hateful, spiteful and intolerant posts towards others and their opinions.

ps: forum karma is serious business  ;D
« Last Edit: 2016-01-11 12:27:35 by -Ric- »

Maki

• 0xBAADF00D
  • 0xCCCCCCCC
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2016-01-11 13:15:15 »
Not that your limited brain could accept it, after all, it doesn't match your views and therefor it's irrelevant to you.  Sad.

You dare to talk about tolerance and hates, when you just call someone is brain limited?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 2016-01-11 13:46:59 »
If you're ever wondering why we end up with crap politicians and really lousy countries, look no further than Ric, who accuses me of having no brain when his sum contribution to anything constructive here is zero.  He's a classic example of "I agree with your right to free speech as long as you don't say something I disagree with".  He's also butt hurt because I didn't like the new Star Wars :P  You can't legislate for stupidity - but we certainly should be curtailing the right to vote for such people.  Definitely. We shouldn't tolerate intolerance - that's why Germany is about to go up in flames for the third time in 100 years.

I think if we raised the voting age to 30, and held aptitude/IQ tests for people to be eligible for voting, we'd have much better politicians and laws. At the very least, people shutting down debates with the "you are a hater / racist / sexist / homophobe / bigot / xenophobe / Islamophobe" and other ad hominem nonsense should be afforded nothing but scorn and ridicule.  :)
« Last Edit: 2016-01-11 14:00:47 by DLPB »

-Ric-

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2016-01-11 14:02:11 »
If you're ever wondering why we end up with crap politicians and really lousy countries, look no further than Ric.  He's a classic example of "I agree with your right to free speech as long as you don't say something I disagree with".

No, not at all. The right to free speech is the best thing you, I and alot of people have. However coming on a forum that's supposed to be about videogames and fun in general and claim you wish someone gets assassinated... That's just offensive and it's out of place.

He's also butt hurt because I didn't like the new Star Wars :P

I never saw any of the Star Wars movies in my life... And i'm not interested in doing so. As usual, you missed the point on the other topic just like you're missing the point on this one cause you were too busy puking your thoughts and ideals on everyone's face.

We shouldn't tolerate intolerance

Woah, wise words. Get my point yet?

The issue was never your opinion... Did anyone call you out and tell you "fern you for thinking that?" No, no one did. The issue was simply that this isn't the right place to spread hate, especially in regards to someone being killed. There's a time and place for everything and this just wasn't the right place.

People often mistake their right to free speech with "I can say whatever i want, wherever i want, whenever i please and screw whoever gets offended" and you're the perfect example of that.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-11 14:10:35 by -Ric- »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2016-01-11 15:33:30 »
Stop it, children. This thread was started for fun stuff, the sorts of things that LeonhartGR used to share, not this petty bickering. It has clearly outlived its usefulness, and will now be closed.