Author Topic: FF7 blackscreen and cd's  (Read 3335 times)

morus

FF7 blackscreen and cd's
« on: 2007-07-24 14:26:40 »
Hello there

I need some of your help, I have NVidia GeForce 7600 GT and  when im trying to run FF7 i can hear staring eidos music and then only black screen so I have to restart PC. However I was searching google looking for some clues and someone gave me advice to instal Riva TNT patch, but after that game the game is not even running but its asking me to insert disc 1,2,3.
I tried to mount dummy image (CD1).iso via Daemon but it doesnt help. Still asking me for CD's.

How can I fix this up?

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
Re: FF7 blackscreen and cd's
« Reply #1 on: 2007-07-24 14:31:37 »
The CD must be in the same drive you used to install the game.  The drive can be changed in the registry.  Info on this is around here somewhere.

If you have a black screen instead of a movie, install the upside-down movie patch (see the FAQ).

morus

« Reply #2 on: 2007-07-24 14:54:29 »
If you have a black screen instead of a movie, install the upside-down movie patch (see the FAQ).

Yeah, I tried this but still screen is black...I can only enjoy eidos intro music till now

morus

« Reply #3 on: 2007-07-24 15:19:36 »
ouch, i just saw your FF7 FAQ (before posting thing) Aaron, you wrote there that noone should ask for help if he have non official game version, and looks like I have it..
: /// I have Ultima version , can u explain me what's the problem with this game version?

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #4 on: 2007-07-24 15:34:54 »
The problem is, you didn't pay for it or acquire it in any official or semi-official means, and we don't support pirated copies.  Not to mention that many problems people have are caused by how pirated copies are packaged/modified.