Author Topic: Shinra Mansion Safe  (Read 25184 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: Shinra Mansion Safe
« Reply #25 on: 2012-06-23 15:09:25 »
You have not used fresh ff7.exe or else other things listed in readme and the FAQ on the first page of the menu thread.

SeraphimBahamut

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2012-06-24 04:47:16 »
I swear I have, I mean you did fix the safe at least :)

like I have always been having some sort of problem, this one I did try it like you saidm, question when I install it always picks up a virus, could that affect it?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2012-06-24 08:35:55 »
I swear I have,

when I install it always picks up a virus, could that affect it?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
FACEPALM.

FAQ:
5.  Do NOT run this installer without first deactivating your Anti-Virus software.  Anti-virus software may report that the installer contains a virus.  It does not.

Readme:

INSTALLER:

DISABLE ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE AS IT IS LIKELY TO HAVE A
FALSE POSITIVE TO THIS INSTALLER AND RUIN INSTALLATION.

I really don't understand how this keeps happening.
« Last Edit: 2012-06-24 09:09:11 by DLPB »

SeraphimBahamut

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2012-06-28 05:41:57 »
Well it was happening in the background and not telling me it got rid of the files. Now everything works so far. I feel like a fool. D'oh!!!

Thanks for all the help :)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2012-06-28 10:58:10 »
It often does.  Luckily the next installer will not have issues with virus detections because I have created my own patcher.  I am sorry for losing my temper but it gets frustrating when the readme and FAQ are ignored and I waste hours fixing a problem that is easily fixed.

Dan.
« Last Edit: 2012-06-30 13:00:35 by DLPB »

AnghellicKarma

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2012-07-15 00:16:05 »
I believe I am also having similar issues as described here... Here's a screenshot of what's going on for me right now:

http://i45.tinypic.com/29cs0ea.jpg

For what it's worth, this same thing happened for me during the Jeuno parade sequence, where I could not see the TV ratings. There, I just exited out of the game and reloaded it, redoing the sequence repeatedly without knowing how good a job I was doing until it would end. Luckily, it is a 30-second game sequence (other than the exit game and restart it - is there by chance a "soft reset" to go back to the "Continue?" screen?)

Anyway, this time, I can't even see the numbers for the safe, so it's a bit more troublesome. Also, I did read every post in this thread. Admittedly, most of the terms were foreign to me, but I also clicked the Google Docs link for the file and got a blank page, so not sure if the file is down or what. Then again, I'm not sure if that's the fix I need, either!

Regardless, this thread title seems to apply to my situation, so... yeah. Help? :)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2012-07-15 01:06:22 »
This thread explains everything.  Download M05c and install it.  The file is not down, use a different browser if the current one does not work.
« Last Edit: 2012-07-15 01:08:09 by DLPB »

AnghellicKarma

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2012-07-15 01:45:04 »
This thread explains everything.  Download M05c and install it.  The file is not down, use a different browser if the current one does not work.

Thanks for the quick reply. I assume(d) you meant this thread here:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=11649.0

Downloaded it, installed it. Once it was done installing, I booted FF7 up again (I used FF7Music to start the game, dunno if that matters), loaded my save (noticing my custom AC avatars were replaced by originals, but figured no biggie, I can re-add them via the BFE after this stupid safe), and was in front of the safe. Went to open it again... got the same look as the screenshot I posted in my last thread  :|

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2012-07-15 02:06:01 »
delete the backup-dlpb folder, and then make sure a clean flevel.lgp is placed in data/field folder.  Then run again.

AnghellicKarma

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2012-07-15 14:39:25 »
delete the backup-dlpb folder, and then make sure a clean flevel.lgp is placed in data/field folder.  Then run again.

I deleted the backup-dlpb folder from C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII, then copied the flevel.lgp file from disc (D:\ff7\field\flevel.lgp) to C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\data\field, then ran the MO.exe I had downloaded again (July 2012), then started the game up and same problem.

EDIT: I then thought maybe your "run again" only applied to the game, so I recopied that clean flevel.lgp and then ran the game. Got this:
http://i48.tinypic.com/r0cc3m.jpg

Not perfect, but definitely acceptable - thanks!

(Now I just need to get my AC avatars back  :lol: )

AnghellicKarma

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2012-07-15 22:32:47 »
Chiming back in here again. I'm following along the guy before me, because it looks like same thing is happening. I made my last post and had verified the safe numbers showed up (as screenshot shows). The boss fight then initiated. I paused it and headed for church, followed by a cookout. When I got back, my PC was off. Weird but whatever. Anyway, just restarted the game, opened safe, initiated boss fight, and the game froze in the battle. Battle menu was also messed up, as previous poster said.

I see he was told to grab a fresh ff7.exe... where do I get that? I looked on the FF7 disc that I grabbed the flevel.lgp from but there does not appear to be a ff7.exe file there...

EDIT: While waiting for a reply, I actually tossed that updated MO.exe in the same file as the Bootleg and re-ran it, thinking perhaps it would configure everything as it should be, using the newest MO.exe since that was what was suggested in this thread in the first place. While it basically fixed the avatar issue, the safe numbers are now back in their un-visible spot. So I guess that won't work, and I have to manually run MO.exe separate from Bootleg. I just don't know what options I NEED to check off when I run MO.exe just to fix this (as I don't want to touch anything else). And then, of course, is the crashing of the game come battle time. /sigh

EDIT #2: Despite the numbers being messed up, I was able to open the safe after some trial and error as to what each number actually was as I scrolled through them. Fought the boss, won, saved. So, at the very least, I am past this part, despite the numbers situation not being resolved. And, being that it's come up twice now so far (Junon parade and this safe incident), I assume there are more incidents awaiting me in the future  :|

Also, my battle menu now looks like this:
http://i49.tinypic.com/33faxkx.jpg

When it used to look like this:
http://i46.tinypic.com/10onu5j.jpg
(Bottom right of each screenshot)

Eek.

EDIT #3: Ran JUST MO.exe after the above, selected JUST "FFX battle style" (no idea if that's the fix for above but figured I'd try it). Not only did it not fix it, I lost nearly every other mod in the process. Guess I'll have to re-run the whole Bootleg thing again to get them back. Just still not sure 1) what setting to get the battle menus as they were (see screenshot above), or 2) how to, at the same time, ensure the countdowns for everything (Junon, Shinra Mansion Safe, and wherever else in the future they appear) also show up on screen.

I'm done for the night, though. :(
« Last Edit: 2012-07-16 00:12:13 by AnghellicKarma »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2012-07-16 00:11:52 »
You have not read the readme or FAQ on the menu overhaul thread or followed instructions not to use bootleg (use the M05c installer on its own, place new flevel in the backup-dlpb folder before installing) when debugging your problem.

Do all of that and get back to me.  The fault is at your end.  You are not doing something properly.
« Last Edit: 2012-07-16 00:13:31 by DLPB »

AnghellicKarma

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2012-07-16 00:14:11 »
You have not read the readme or FAQ on the menu overhaul thread or followed instructions not to use bootleg when debugging your problem.

Do all of that and get back to me.  The fault is at your end.  You are not doing something properly.

Can you link me to this FAQ? I'm not sure I understand what you are driving at... If I needed MO.exe for the Shinra safe issue, and placed it in the Bootleg folder, shouldn't all be fixed then when I ran Bootleg, since it uses that same MO.exe? Also, I didn't even know what settings to use when running MO.exe for the specific fix I needed here (any tips?). Lastly, the battle menu got screwed up and now I don't even know the name of what I previously was using to try to get that back.

If I use just MO, it loses some of my settings from when I originally used Bootleg (mostly avatars but also battle issues). When I run Bootleg, I get the safe numbers issue (and now the battle menu too). Is there no way to keep/fix all?

FWIW, copied from above, because I was editing while you replied:

Just ran JUST MO.exe after the above, selected JUST "FFX battle style" (no idea if that's the fix for above but figured I'd try it). Not only did it not fix it, I lost nearly every other mod in the process. Guess I'll have to re-run the whole Bootleg thing again to get them back. Just still not sure 1) what setting to get the battle menus as they were (see screenshot above), or 2) how to, at the same time, ensure the countdowns for everything (Junon, Shinra Mansion Safe, and wherever else in the future they appear) also show up on screen.

Anyway, as I said, I'll have to try at this again tomorrow morning. Just so frustrating at this point. Gotta get my mind off this for now.
« Last Edit: 2012-07-16 00:17:57 by AnghellicKarma »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2012-07-16 00:25:01 »

You need to start reading before posting.  It is all there.  Do not use bootleg.  Who knows if the error is on his part?  No one, if you keep using it.  Use that installer there on its own. 

I don't use bootleg. Use the MO last.  After everything else, and before you do, delete the backup-dlpb folder.  That will keep everything up to that point.  Start with a clean flevel and clean ff7.exe 1.02
« Last Edit: 2012-07-16 00:26:58 by DLPB »

AnghellicKarma

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2012-07-16 13:10:13 »

You need to start reading before posting.  It is all there.  Do not use bootleg.  Who knows if the error is on his part?  No one, if you keep using it.  Use that installer there on its own. 

I don't use bootleg. Use the MO last.  After everything else, and before you do, delete the backup-dlpb folder.  That will keep everything up to that point.  Start with a clean flevel and clean ff7.exe 1.02

I'm sorry, but this post really didn't help me. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to read the thread you linked to and suddenly ascertain via epiphany what the solution to my issues described above are, but it didn't happen. I originally installed FF7 and used Bootleg (which ran MO.exe as part of the process), so that's already a factor in its overall installation. Now, I can run MO.exe separately again, but the Bootleg stuff still happened. And, when I did run MO.exe separately, selecting just the battle menu option in an attempt to fix that, I lost pretty much every other modification in the process. You keep replying with short answers, and I understand your frustration with dealing with people having problems that just can't seem to figure it out, but you aren't being very direct in your tech support, either. I mean, at one point, I asked where I get a "clean FF7.exe" and, again, you just referred me to that thread and said I wasn't reading it. I read the first two posts, didn't see that answered. Maybe it's somewhere in the other 53 pages of posts? Come on.
And the thing about MO is that there is no thread as awesomely put together as this one http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13212.msg183580#msg183580 so that I don't even know what the options in MO.exe are affecting when I choose them; it's more of a random series of hoping things work out when I check things off, and that's just not up to snuff via this other thread that goes in-depth about the various elements contained within. Just continuously pointing me to it as if just plain reading it would solve every issue is erroneous as well. I mean, I see the "rules" and stuff, and it looks like MO.exe should be done all by itself... but I'm past that point now. So what am I supposed to do, uninstall everything, reinstall fresh, then run JUST MO.exe? And then I still don't know what each option actually does in order to get my game looking as it did pre-Shinra mansion. Having used Bootleg handled everything fine up until that point, and while I understand you wanting me to just run MO.exe by itself because Bootleg's myriad options may contain a problem that overrides what MO is doing, running MO.exe thus far (after the fact) just keeps making things worse, and now that thread you link to doesn't really answer my issues this deep in.

While I appreciate the fact that you've at least been responding, it isn't working out. I see that this particular forum is "Troubleshooting;" maybe someone else can jump in with some assistance. In the meantime, I'll keep fumbling around and hoping various trial & error methods lead to a solution on my own.
« Last Edit: 2012-07-16 13:25:57 by AnghellicKarma »

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2012-07-16 14:32:13 »
@AnghellicKarma
You have lost alot of modifications because of using a clean flevel.lgp where Bootleg has installed mods in there are you using the latest Bootleg 0039? if you don't want to lose any mods while installing this If so try reinstalling with that again but on a fresh ff7 and disable your anti-virus, UAC as it will block the MO patching some stuff (i think...slowly forgetting how to mod O.o) and make sure in your 'ff7opengl.cfg' Set fancy_transparency = on disable the 9999break limit make sure that you have cleared Cache folder in the modpath, and try "Compress Textures = no" in ff7_opengl.cfg and make sure you set your resolution correctly to yours do not copy the one said in that link you provided 'Tifa's Bootleg' also read the 'FAQ' in the link dlpb provided you

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2012-07-16 14:43:47 »
All you need to do is make sure that a fresh 1.02 ff7.exe and flevel.lgp are placed in the game folder AND that backup-dlpb is deleted.  You do not need to clear cache (or shouldn't need to) because the installer does it.

The MO should be installed last.  Assuming bootleg is doing the job properly it won't matter, but if it isn't you are going to have to run Mo.exe after everything else is done.  Actually to be on safe side, disable UAC and disable antivirus software. 

A corrupted battle interface is only caused by a failure to patch ff7.exe properly.  Since no one else has reported this issue, it is likely something you are doing wrong.  The reason I am responding in short answers is, there is very little to say.  The installer does its job properly.  It takes into account nearly every issue.  The only thing left is that:

1.  You are not using fresh 1.02 English exe and fresh flevel.lgp BEFORE running bootleg.
2.  You have not deleted backup-dlpb folder before running MO.exe
3.  Bootleg is doing something wrong.
4. The installer is failing for some reason.  Possibly UAC, possibly some false positive to antivirus.   Possibly you do not have sufficient space on your installation drive. Possibly one of my programs is incompatible with your OS.  What OS do you have? 
5.  You do not have the game properly installed.

I would remove Mo.exe from bootleg and run it on its own at the end.  After you have installed everything else except the menu overhaul

You ask where you can get a clean 1.02 exe.  Google it and you;d find it.  Search here on this forum and you would find it.  It really is that simple.  Surely if you got it once you can get it twice?  http://ffsf.aaron-kelley.net/patch.html  The first one.  The readme includes all of the options and what they do.  The readme is on the license page of the installer.  Read it.  I have done my part, there is no way I am wasting any more time making a fancy 6 year old book holding people's hands through the installation.  Making the mod was hard enough.
« Last Edit: 2012-07-16 17:07:37 by DLPB »

AnghellicKarma

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2012-07-16 17:18:30 »
Just want to hop in here one last time.

First, thanks for your reply DLPB. It was as definitely (finally) in-depth, and I'll refer to it should I require it in the future.

See, I actually just re-installed the game from scratch into a new folder. I copied the vanilla install to a backup folder as well, then ran the Bootleg mod over the new install folder. Everything appears to be back to how it was prior to the Junon Parade/Shinra Safe issue. Should I run into a similar issue in the future, I need only load the vanilla game up and load my save from there (theoretically, lol). I'll see how this goes for now. :)

Thanks again!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2012-07-16 20:15:40 »
So does it all work now as it should?

AnghellicKarma

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2012-07-17 02:13:28 »
So does it all work now as it should?

I didn't have a chance to test out the safe, but I made it to Cid's town and the numbers showed up right there during a flashback sequence, so... who knows, really lol...

On the other hand, for some reason, anytime I get into a random battle with Yuffie (as in, a party member, not when trying to recruit her, which seems to be when I see (via search) that most people have experienced issues with her), the game freezes (she actually is invisible!), so I can't use her, and I therefore can't do the Wutai sidequest... but I'll have to tackle that tomorrow by maybe using the vanilla version to get through that stuff.
« Last Edit: 2012-07-17 02:18:32 by AnghellicKarma »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2012-07-17 02:40:34 »
Not sure what would cause that...   Pitbrat may know better.

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2012-07-17 15:16:50 »
Don't install Grimmy's AC Yuffie or AC Tifa models.
They are broken in Bootleg 0039.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #47 on: 2012-07-19 02:40:23 »
Don't install Grimmy's AC Yuffie or AC Tifa models.
They are broken in Bootleg 0039.

great, here I go doing a re-install

panisch

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2013-01-20 15:54:05 »
hey guys,

great work you all are doing on these hardcore/texturing/overhauling projects. finally its fun again to play ff7 for the millionth time.

the reason im writing is a different one:
couldnt find any recent statements about this topic or any better place to put it, so here it is:

i used bootleg 040 and the 17gb mod torrent thats using the latest MO (june 4th 2012, or was it july)

my timer was cut in half aswell and it took me quite some time to figure out what it was, since i tried the fixing steps explained here several times.

in the end i realized that my game mode installation "mode switching - all mods" uses a seperate flevel.lgp for every mode you select from the bootloader and therefore a regular MO.exe installation wouldnt touch the files in the respective folders.
knowing what it was, i was finally able to fix it. just wanna let you know. maybe the bootleg installation can be fixed taking this into consideration, if its worth the affort.
one way or another, just wanted to let you know about this inconvenience to increase your support capabilities, hope you dont mind.

keep up the great work guys, you overshadowed the official 2012 remake BY FAR! would love to see gjoerulvs/facepalmer/MO-alikes on ff8 one day (-: