Author Topic: FF8 Wrong Disk Error  (Read 19808 times)

Aeris is Dead - Face It

FF8 Wrong Disk Error
« on: 2005-11-25 22:14:29 »
Hey all,
I searched for this, but I couldn't find anything.
I have installed FF8 on my PC, but when I try to start the game, it displayes the "Wrong Disk" error. The correct disk is in the cd drive, the CD is clean and I tried reinstalling.

Anyone know how to solve this?

cheers

Kohza

• View Profile
FF8 Wrong Disk Error
« Reply #1 on: 2005-11-25 23:33:20 »
Yeah this is really common. This is what I did:

Start >>> Run >>> regedit >>> On the left pannel you'll have some folders that start with 'HKEY', find the one called "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" >>> Now Software >>> Find 'Squaresoft, inc >>> Final Fantasy VIII >>> 1.00 >>> In 1.00 look for the file 'Datadrive' on the right hand box, double click it and change the value drive to whatever your CD drive is.

Oh, it's said that it won't work in a DVD rom.

I hope this helps, any more problems about this post them in here. :)

Aeris is Dead - Face It

FF8 Wrong Disk Error
« Reply #2 on: 2005-11-26 08:25:18 »
Damn, both my drives are DVD.
I'll trymake an ISO. Perhaps that would work *hope*
Will post my progress lol

[edit]

Made an ISO from the CD< mounted it in daemon tools and it runs perfectly^^

-The Code Alchemist

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
FF8 Wrong Disk Error
« Reply #3 on: 2005-11-26 08:31:02 »
Point one, It DOES work with DVD rom drives, as both of mine are said drive types.

Secondly, you have to have the disc in the same drive you installed from, I had this problem last month and it drove me nuts untill I found out the simple mistake :)

Aeris is Dead - Face It

FF8 Wrong Disk Error
« Reply #4 on: 2005-11-26 08:52:25 »
Quote from: James Pond
Point one, It DOES work with DVD rom drives, as both of mine are said drive types.

Secondly, you have to have the disc in the same drive you installed from, I had this problem last month and it drove me nuts untill I found out the simple mistake :)

The disc was in the drive I installed from. Anyways, my ISO worked :P

-The Code Alchemist

Cyberman

• View Profile
FF8 Wrong Disk Error
« Reply #5 on: 2005-11-26 19:07:43 »
By the way this is in the wrong forum.  I recomend before rushing to post something looking at the forums description.  Game Tweaking is the right forum.

Rumars

Re: FF8 Wrong Disk Error
« Reply #6 on: 2010-06-23 02:18:35 »
Guys i have tried to regedit, found that changed the drive letter didnt work, i have iso's of all 4 discs dosnt matter, i have even tried some bull about makin a file called Game in my ff8 dir and coping certain files there, that was bull...i got no cd crack i have patched it up....i mean what the hell am i doing wrong, im still getting wrong disc error....so....if yall want me ill be loading up mah gunblade in preperation of blasting my front teeth out thru the back of my head :|

obesebear

• View Profile
Re: FF8 Wrong Disk Error
« Reply #7 on: 2010-06-23 02:26:56 »
Don't revive old threads, ok?  Thanks