Author Topic: Edit Item names on Chocobo Ticket Selection Screen  (Read 3618 times)

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Not only are the names completely wrong in places ( not even consistent with the original spellings of the games version ) but they also have horrible spelling errors in places
Last I heard, these item names were either coded into the .exe or the .lgp for the minigame. I know the actual rewards and the text for item received are in the flevel.lgp and I already edited them, however, that makes the item names massively inconsistent.
Is there any non-absurdly high level way to edit these names?
"last Elixir" = Megalixir = Mega Lixir
/facepalm Square

Using http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HyNmzo3Anc as BGM might not be super fitting but it sure makes playing the game again and again easier

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: Edit Item names on Chocobo Ticket Selection Screen
« Reply #1 on: 2012-08-03 11:21:10 »
I worked with Luksy to add the feature to touphscript :)  Other than that any hex editor will do.  But touphscript can edit for both menu project exe and original.  I expanded the total length of name for the menu project.  Original exe has a limit of 15 characters.

Use d (decode) in touphscript, then edit the entries in the  text file 0_ff7.exe.txt  , then select e (encode).  Done :)  ts will automatically know if it is a menu project exe or original.
« Last Edit: 2012-08-06 21:13:45 by DLPB »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: 2012-08-06 21:09:19 »
i'll try this when I get back from vacation
last time I used TS, it confused the hell out of me. but its been.... a long time since then

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-08-06 21:12:35 »
i'll try this when I get back from vacation
last time I used TS, it confused the hell out of me. but its been.... a long time since then

It really shouldnt be...  I helped luksy get its design as basic as I could.  It is just text files... double click and press D, then edit text files, double click, press E.

Done...  in its most simplest form :)

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #4 on: 2012-08-16 01:53:38 »
See my crash issue in the TS thread