Author Topic: Fresh Steam install following TIFA's tutorial - crashes  (Read 5793 times)

Movian

• View Profile
Hey,
       just got FF7 again from steam (Lost my download from the square soft site so this is about the 6th time i have bought the game!).

At any rate I followed the instructions on TIFA's tutorial main page (http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13212.0) and downloaded the mods from the linked torrent and everything appeared to go smoothly :)

awesome tutorial BTW!

however when i launch the game I get the Eidos screen (works fine) then i get the cool new start screen i selected, I select new game  AND the whole thing crashes saying "Ooops! something bad happened"

http://www.nomoredictation.com/movian/CrashmpApplog.zip

Here is a link to the crash.dmp and app.log (I have zipped them as the crash.dmp was over 300mb un compressed) and am hosting them on my works web server because the attachments and other options section has no option to actually attach anything!

please note although the install location says  D:\Program Files\Steam\apps   etc   this is NOT the program files directory  - My main install is on C: and the real program files and program files (x86) are there, this is where I install programs that are large and was made by myself (My C: is an SSD and has limited space).

Hopefully I can get this working right for the weekend ^_^
« Last Edit: 2013-12-05 13:05:48 by Movian »

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
Re: Fresh Steam install following TIFA's tutorial - crashes
« Reply #1 on: 2013-12-05 18:58:56 »
Just click the hashtag sign when making a message and copy/paste your APP.log here please.

Movian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-12-05 19:34:05 »
Sure :)

I inluded the other file as it said to in the message that came up

Code: [Select]
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GTX 670/PCIe/SSE2 4.4.0
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
INFO: Number of texture units: 4
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1280x960, output resolution 1280x960, internal resolution 1280x960
INFO: Shader limits: varying 124, vert uniform 4096, frag uniform 2048
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: could not open file D:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: D:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; indeo5/pcm_s16le 640x480, 30.000000 FPS, duration: 12.933333, frames: 388
INFO: slow output format from video codec indeo5; 6
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-12-05 19:49:41 »
Did you install it in program files/Steam and then just move it? That will cause problems. Install it somewhere else from the start.

Movian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-12-05 20:00:44 »
As mentioned this is not the real program files folder and I haven't't moved the installation folder. I downloaded through steam and left it in the steam folder then ran the bootloader and told it the FF7 folder was in the steam\apps\common\FF7 folder etc.

I think i managed to resolve the problem though (haven't stopped looking into the problem).

I complete deleted the files and re downloaded from steam. Then this time i selected the preset (FULL) and it appears to work now (Loads up  the initial FMV and the train station scene and lets me control cloud).

So its possible that the combination of mods I was trying to use with my system config was the cause.

One thing i do now notice is If the window loses focus the music stops, but that's is only a minor issue.

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013-12-05 20:05:15 »
Well there you go.

Movian

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013-12-05 20:09:30 »
appreciate the help :)

Will keep looking into why losing focus would stop the music.... if you have any ideas on that please let me know ^_^

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013-12-05 21:42:32 »
I haven't experienced that issue.