Author Topic: Q-Gears.0.11  (Read 40091 times)

Akari

• View Profile
Q-Gears.0.11
« on: 2006-09-28 15:44:51 »
New update in svn.

2006/09/27
    - [ffvii] Fix error with wrong parameter in WSPCL opcode. [Akari]
    - [ffvii] Fix error with string reading in OpcodesToRawScript. [Akari]
    * [ffvii] Add message typing. [Akari]

v0.04c

2006/09/27
    + [ffvii] Change version number to v0.04c. [Akari]
    - [ffvii] Fix script reading function tries to write u32 to u8 value. [Akari]
    - [ffvii] Fix small errors in new windowing system (input). [Akari]

2006/09/26
    + [ffvii] Rework windowing system. Windows are now more important than Messages (they are part of windows now). [Akari]
    * [ffvii] Add memory bank access to WNUMB. [Akari]
    * [ffvii] Fix some errors in PLUS and MINUS opcodes. [Akari]

2006/09/19
    * [ffvii] Add STTIM (0x38) field opcodes support. [Akari]
    * [ffvii] Add WNUMB (0x37) field opcodes support (without memory bank access). [Akari]
    * [ffvii] Add WSPCL (0x36) field opcodes support. [Akari]
    * [ffvii] Implement special window support in WindowManager. [Akari]

2006/09/15
    - [ffvii] Fix scripts and dialogs was not cleared when load new map from XML. [Akari]
    - [ffvii] Fix all scripts that stored in priority slots were run, not only highest one. [Akari]
    + [ffvii] Change script handling to real game like. [Akari]

2006/09/14
    - [ffvii] Fix transparent window didn't display transparency on units and walkmesh. [Akari]
    - [ffvii] Fix script calling when script doesn't exist. Add sanity check. [Akari]
    * [ffvii] Implement basic xml support. May load Dialog and Entity from XML. [Akari]

And I upload compiled version with resources to my own site.

http://jrpg.ru/qgears_ffvii.zip
« Last Edit: 2007-01-26 09:16:25 by Akari »

Akari

• View Profile
Re: Q-Gears.0.04c
« Reply #1 on: 2006-09-30 06:57:04 »
Add few changes:

2006/09/29
    * [ffvii] Add WREST (0x53) field opcodes support. [Akari]
    + [ffvii] Moved window initialisation to reset method. [Akari]
    * [ffvii] Add SET-BYTE! (0x80) field opcodes support. [Akari]
    * [ffvii] Timer now count down automaticly as you show it and stop as soon as you close this window. [Akari]
    + [ffvii] Make Gamestate and Database non constant wher returned from their get methods so anyone can change it. [Akari]
    + [ffvii] Rewrite Field managers. Now FieldModule contains MemoryBank instead of Script. [Akari]

New version of windows binaries are at http://jrpg.ru/qgears_ffvii.zip

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006-10-01 16:39:03 »
impressive.
Althought the field module seems to end up locked on one perticular scene with a timer counting down. You cannot quit or use any of the keys to move around the field view.

Akari

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006-10-02 13:28:53 »
You cannot quit or use any of the keys to move around the field view.

This features are not implemented yet  :wink:

The Skillster

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006-10-04 07:49:29 »
Ah, ok. Just those keys are displayed on the screen, thats why I thought they might work...

Akari

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006-10-04 17:18:05 »
Mmm they were =)
Just small error with window class. Already fix it.. thanks =)

stevenw9

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006-10-06 11:04:19 »
 :-o If you were infront of me i'd hug you just for the thought of Q-Gears. Seriously though, nice work. :)

Akari

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006-10-06 13:55:39 »
:-o If you were infront of me i'd hug you just for the thought of Q-Gears. Seriously though, nice work. :)

Thanks.

Akari

• View Profile
Re: Q-Gears.0.05b
« Reply #8 on: 2006-10-07 10:18:28 »
2006/10/06
    * [ffvii] Add moving test object to unit manager. [Akari]

2006/10/04
    - [ffvii] Fix input was handled all by WindowManager and not given to other managers. [Akari]

v0.05b

2006/10/03
    * [ffvii] Add INC! (0x7A), INC2! (0x7B), DEC! (0x7C), DEC2! (0x7D) field opcodes support. [Akari]
    - [ffvii] Fix that unit has been displayed right after definition. now it displays only after setting its coords. [Akari]
    * [ffvii] Add direction display to default model cube. Testing purpose. [Akari]
    - [ffvii] Fix that XYZI opcode was 10 bytes length instead of 11 bytes. [Akari]
    * [ffvii] Add DIR (0xB3) field opcodes support. [Akari]
    + [ffvii] Now XYZI called only once. After the position is set you can't set it again. [Akari]

v0.05a

2006/10/02
    * [ffvii] Add XYZI (0xA5) field opcodes support. [Akari]
    * [ffvii] Add CHAR (0xA1) field opcodes support. Parameter not implemented. [Akari]
    * [ffvii] Add unit registration to UnitManager class. [Akari]
    * [ffvii] Add WAIT (0x24) field opcodes support. [Akari]
    - [ffvii] Fix that pointer shown before text finishes writing. [Akari]
    + [ffvii] Moved MemoryBank class to kernel. [Akari]

Please report about all crushes when moving on walkmesh. I already fix one of them, but they can appear again.
SVN has not been updated yet. I upload changes today evening.

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006-10-07 21:10:12 »
Woo...
Good job Akari! I'll have to inspect what works and what doesn't and look into something for versioning.
This reminds me apart that I'm running a fever (cough cough sniffle)
... <brief download and hmm> ...

Akari just for this utter neat freaks sanity, it would be helpful to label the binaries for the revision, this way we can have an archive of binaries for quick bug introduction checking.

Cyb

Akari

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006-10-08 01:05:12 »
Akari just for this utter neat freaks sanity, it would be helpful to label the binaries for the revision, this way we can have an archive of binaries for quick bug introduction checking.

The SVN revisions means nothing to me. They are just numbers of upload. The version I have - are the real thing implementation. For example 0.05 are all about unit moving, triggers handling
0.06 will be all about battle and random encounters
and so on. I have todo list and this versioning reflect it. =)

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #11 on: 2006-10-08 11:06:12 »
When I start Q-Gears 0.05, an error appears and it closes  :?

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #12 on: 2006-10-08 12:28:41 »
I am feeling this thread is slowly spinning out of control. I've cleaned up some posts from a particular forum member, whom I'll be speaking too...

If you are having problems with Q-gears, I suggest you read this thread here.
Can you guys stay on topic please?
« Last Edit: 2006-10-08 12:59:48 by halkun »

Akari

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006-10-08 15:30:20 »
When I start Q-Gears 0.05, an error appears and it closes  :?

What kind of error? More info please.

The Skillster

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006-10-08 21:03:15 »
http://static.flickr.com/111/264239230_57cc1074bc.jpg?v=0

While moving the object in the field module (1st screen), I can "bump" in to the edges of the field and I "bumped" into the pillar(?) in the middle of the map but then the program locked up.
There is a screen shot in the above link.
Abit more progress then in the previous version, thanks.

Although on the next try I clicked Next and then clicked on the Map 74 option and was able to walk around on the map with no issues.
« Last Edit: 2006-10-08 21:06:21 by The Skillster »

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #15 on: 2006-10-09 08:59:03 »
Here's Screenshot of the error.

Akari

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006-10-09 14:53:30 »
While moving the object in the field module (1st screen), I can "bump" in to the edges of the field and I "bumped" into the pillar(?) in the middle of the map but then the program locked up.
There is a screen shot in the above link.

Okey. This error has been fixed. Thanks for report. By the way - here new version. Thanks to Synergy Blades for new opcode - we now can create labirinth with IDLCK (id_lock) opcode =)
I lock one triangle in STARTMAP - you can play with STARTMAP.xml and lock some more =)

[ffvii] v0.05c

2006/10/09
    + [ffvii] Change version number to v0.05c. [Akari]
    * [ffvii] Add IDLCK (0x6D) field opcodes support. [Akari]
    + [ffvii] Redone walkmesh/access (we need posibility to deactivate triangles). [Akari]
    + [ffvii] Move walkmesh math to ffvii directory. [Akari]
    - [ffvii] Fix fatal cycling when we try to cross triangle corner. [Akari]

nope

• nope
    • View Profile
Re: Q-Gears.0.05c
« Reply #17 on: 2006-10-09 17:46:00 »
You're doing great work Akari, is it just me or are you the most active coder in the Q-Gears team? :wink:

stevenw9

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006-10-10 03:42:04 »
Akari pwnz  :mrgreen: Another great fix for the Q-Gears project. I feel Q-Gears 1.0 being in the midst of fog. :) I'm learning the basic HELLO WORLD C++ thing so, maybe -eventualy- I can help with the project. lol.

(P.S. [PLEASE] STOP DELETING MY IMPORTANT POSTS!)

### MOD COMMENT ###
It's my job to decide what's important. If you have noticed from the mutiple stickies, some of our rules here are a bit "tighter" than your typical BBS. I just ask you use common sense when you post and don't rise the ire of the mods. We are quick to anger. Because you are new, I have shown tolerance. I simply ask to play nice, and engage the brain a little. That's all.

I corrected your last sentence up there in green. I would appreciate it, however, that you didn't tell me how to do my job. It's getting really annoying....
-halkun

Edit: Forgive me, i'm just a mod on several forums and a game designer. I'm nothing important and my topics on critical things don't matter. I don't mean to be rude but that's exactly how it looks to me. Do what you want with the messege, I can't stop an mod from doing something.
« Last Edit: 2006-10-11 00:58:45 by stevenw9 »

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #19 on: 2006-10-10 04:17:00 »
You're doing great work Akari, is it just me or are you the most active coder in the Q-Gears team? :wink:

It's because it's hard for the rest of us to keep up ^_^
Speaking of who, I was going through SVN and found my scriptdumping utility has vanished. (I was kinda using SVN to archive that.)

Sooner or later, we could stand to have a place to put helper programs and psudo-code that can/will get merged into q-gears . I'm not keen on using full blown branches just for utilitarian work. Things like Cyb's iso layer and other experiments, like my script dumper, and a half-writtern bytecode compiler need a place so others can hook into these "simple-yet-related" projects.

For example:
Akari, My method of parsing fieldscript differs from yours (a little), however, I'm sure some would like to use some of my "disconnected" code for utilities in the future. (Do you know how long it took me to create that huge 255 element enum for the opcodes? I'm suprised you didn't use it. "case MAPJUMP:" is a lot easier to read than "case 0x60"

What's your input?

Also, speaking of opcode parsing, a quick glance at your parsing code has a lot of repeating functions, for example the relation switches in Script.cpp. Is this something you are planning on cleaning up at a later time? Was there a plan to break Script.cpp into opcode "sections" (math, conditional, window, party) I recall something like that.

I just don't want you to work harder than you need to.
« Last Edit: 2006-10-10 04:47:05 by halkun »

stevenw9

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006-10-12 06:25:00 »
I actualy have a question for you. In the end of all plans, are you going to be changing on how certain systems work? For instance, the battle systems lighting effect VS the overworld and such? I'm just wondering since I have noticed some people complain about such systems, lol. It may be too early for this question but eh, my curiosity gets the best of me. -_-

Edit: "No, as it stands right now" is the first thing in that area. Things change in time, hence why I asked, and I mean EVER. Not at the end of this project, but the end of all plans. >_> I mean, that document talks more about the PS version then the PC, and look what we have here.

Edit 2: Okay, apparently then enhancements will never, ever, be done. It seems that way from the replys.

Edit 3: The rules here are WAY to restrictive. You wont be seeing me too often for that reason, it feels like someone is on a power trip.
« Last Edit: 2006-10-13 06:24:14 by stevenw9 »

nope

• nope
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006-10-12 11:28:11 »
How about Enhancements? I would like Bump mapping/MP3 Muisc/Per-pixel lighting/Particle effects....
No, as it stands right now, the clear goal is to get an engine up and running. Things like enhanced backgrounds, battle effects, and music are only considered if it's critical to the program. (For example, an increase in resolution to support newer systems.) We need it running as close to the original executables as possable. If you want to add your own effects or functions go ahead and fork the code and go wild. If it's orthogonal enough, we could add it back to the main trunk.

You obviously didn't read this:

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=5556.0

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006-10-12 16:13:54 »
In simple terms We want something working and reading the script first.
Enhancements are pointless unless that part works.
Without an active script engine clunking away playing with data, we can't find out what is going on.
Enhancements mean we might have a cool looking box that blinks but nothing to view at this time.

There is no Q-gears 1.0 it's pre alpha, it's a multi year project, we aren't even close to year 1 yet either.  Perhaps in 6 months most of the small tools will work and the big script engine kernal will too.  Maybe then, and that's maybe we'll have version 1.0.  You should read the other sticky thread in the forum too. :D

idster

« Reply #23 on: 2006-10-12 19:06:06 »
when i open it, nothing happens

the console window opens, then the splash screen opens...but thats it.

Synergy Blades

« Reply #24 on: 2006-10-12 19:15:24 »
Err - try pressing Space.

This is why what Cyb has been saying holds true - the current build really is not meant for hand-holding people through it. IMHO, there shouldn't be any error reporting unless you've also got the source to hand and have read through it (& understand it), which would answer questions like the above, as well as allow people to say "this isn't working, I'd check [X source file] because I think there's a memory allocation problem" or something (essentially, yeah, it closes off bringing up problems to those who know what they're talking about).