Author Topic: Hiring call. We need game designers =)  (Read 14774 times)

Akari

• View Profile
Hiring call. We need game designers =)
« on: 2008-11-13 18:28:42 »
Yup, at this point Q-Gears need game designers. Not the actual game designers (who make up idea for the game), but the ones who make game itself (scripting levels, balancing units and so on).

Mainly we need one people, but it's not bad if there are two or more.
Requirements: understanding basic of programming languages. Ability to write documentation. Interest in game mechanic. Strong love to FFVII.

You will need to port inner FFVII content to Q_Gears.
Field:
- translate script to LUA, optimize it. Write documentation about game variables.
- export models and animations. Insert them ingame.
- export backgrounds.
- export texts.
- export and insert to game description file all inner things.
This is difficult but interesting work.
Maybe soon we will bed one more people for battle module. As soon as I finish the bases.

Cyberman

• View Profile
Re: Hiring call. We need game designers =)
« Reply #1 on: 2008-11-13 22:13:06 »
Well that answers the question I had about the battle scene data. LOL

I don't know if I have time to help, however, is the LUA API described in some documentation for the Q-gears base engine?  What is the plan for scripts etc.  For example game start so engine loads menu and converts script to LUA compiles then executes script.  Will the main execution engine of FF7 be an LUA script (as an example).  This is a bit of a complicated thing.  I suspect the first run of Script to LUA will have to be fairly crude code.

Cyb
« Last Edit: 2008-11-13 22:17:49 by Cyberman »

Akari

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-11-14 16:22:30 »

I don't know if I have time to help, however, is the LUA API described in some documentation for the Q-gears base engine?  What is the plan for scripts etc.  For example game start so engine loads menu and converts script to LUA compiles then executes script.  Will the main execution engine of FF7 be an LUA script (as an example).  This is a bit of a complicated thing.  I suspect the first run of Script to LUA will have to be fairly crude code.

Cyb

You didn't run Q-Gears don't you? Because if you will - there are all documentation about LUA used in field.

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-11-14 21:51:08 »

Cyb

You didn't run Q-Gears don't you? Because if you will - there are all documentation about LUA used in field.
No I haven't as I said time has been an issue (you know things tend to take longer than you want too).
Anyhow I thought I said that? :D

I'll attempt to play by building.

Cyb

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 2008-11-15 02:31:12 »
Hey, you know there is a script dumper I made in SVN that outputs text... You can start with that for a LUA maker...

CyberPirate

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-11-15 14:24:51 »
I'd love to join up, but seeing as I don't understand the concepts of Win32/64 programming, I doubt I'll be of much assistance. I do PHP, and I've had an attempt on Visual Basic.NET, but I just don't understand how or what to use it for.

Akari

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-11-15 17:13:21 »
I'd love to join up, but seeing as I don't understand the concepts of Win32/64 programming, I doubt I'll be of much assistance. I do PHP, and I've had an attempt on Visual Basic.NET, but I just don't understand how or what to use it for.

It doesn't require a lot of programming skills. Just understanding concepts is enough. Try to download newest verstion and understand how Scripts work.

CyberPirate

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008-11-15 17:27:55 »
This would be the right thing to download, right?

tuchs

« Reply #8 on: 2008-11-16 12:31:46 »
I'm working on a converter that creates (most) of the XMLs from the field files (from Flevel.lgp).

I lack some documentation though. Currently what i need most is information on where to find trigger information and how it's formatted (PC version, or PSX if you must).

I hope I can show some progress by evening.

zephyr6831

« Reply #9 on: 2008-11-23 18:21:49 »
Hey, I'm interested in this. I'm a recent grad of a Game Design school.
Message me, or email me for more info about that and what I've done.
Where do I go, what do I do, and who do I talk to in order to get in on this?

Cloudef

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009-01-03 20:21:56 »
This sounds fun. Will do =)
Is there tools avaible for data extraction? Also does q-gears need to convert own custom models? Or does it have support for commond model types.

Akari

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009-01-03 20:34:11 »
This sounds fun. Will do =)
Is there tools avaible for data extraction? Also does q-gears need to convert own custom models? Or does it have support for commond model types.

Q-gears support ogre type models. There are converters from all popular formats available in their site.

Cloudef

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009-01-03 20:50:33 »
Q-gears support ogre type models. There are converters from all popular formats available in their site.
Ok, Thanks gonna talk you more about this after while.

Rixorster

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009-01-06 17:44:39 »
Hrmm, I'd love to help aswell, but do I need some sort of knowledge of C/C++? I can do some stuff with LUA, but just very basic stuff, but I'm advanced at VB6.0, but I guess that doesn't help much. :P

But anyways, if I can help in anyway, just let me know, I'll be glad to. :)

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009-01-06 23:15:27 »
I believe if you read the first few posts they need script people. C/C++ not required. Making data to beat the system with is req
Yup, at this point Q-Gears need game designers. Not the actual game designers (who make up idea for the game), but the ones who make game itself (scripting levels, balancing units and so on).

Mainly we need one people, but it's not bad if there are two or more.
Requirements: understanding basic of programming languages. Ability to write documentation. Interest in game mechanic. Strong love to FFVII.

You will need to port inner FFVII content to Q_Gears.
Field:
- translate script to LUA, optimize it. Write documentation about game variables.
- export models and animations. Insert them ingame.
- export backgrounds.
- export texts.
- export and insert to game description file all inner things.
This is difficult but interesting work.
Maybe soon we will bed one more people for battle module. As soon as I finish the bases.
uired and writing scripts.

This is the stuff they need. No C required. Mostly data poking around.

Cyb

Hey ya Akari. Good to see you live and kicking.

Rixorster

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009-01-07 14:47:30 »
In that case, I'm more than happy to help. :)

Akari

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009-01-08 13:12:47 »
For everyone who want to help - grab lastest version fron sourceforge, grab Meteor and try to understand how fields are scripted and how port fields from FFVII to q-gears. I'm available at ICQ 175522907. Ask me questions there.

d33eniz

• I am watching for you... but I can't find you...
    • View Profile
    • United ODC Corporation
« Reply #17 on: 2009-02-06 19:39:58 »
Hey there :D

Does anyone need a C++ Programmer? I'm working with Bloodshed's DEV C++
I had some interesting experiences with Irrlicht- maybe you know :D

So, does anyone want me here :D

Deniz

alkisbkn

« Reply #18 on: 2009-02-20 18:37:43 »
I have worked with LUA before, easy scripting system. I can help translating scripts and anything else you need. I also have a moderate knowledge on C/C++ and several other languages.

Message me at [email protected] if you need me, I'd be more than happy to work on the scripts.
Alkis