Author Topic: How To Change Clouds (Battle) Sword Buster  (Read 8510 times)

DEFIANT

• View Profile
How To Change Clouds (Battle) Sword Buster
« on: 2012-09-11 15:42:00 »
When I use Bootleg,
Under Player Tab,
Cloud's Sword option,
Millenia+Mike,

I get a plain looking sword in the field.
In battle, the sword does not have the gold hilt shown in the bootleg preview. It's all steel looking. How do I get that sword model of buster to show both in the field and in battle?

To note, I use no other models under Player Tab, except Masamune and Tifa with Short Hair and of course Millenia+Mike.
« Last Edit: 2012-09-13 02:03:51 by DEFIANT »

freshness82

• View Profile
Re: How To Change Clouds Field Sword Buster
« Reply #1 on: 2012-09-11 16:19:59 »
I believe the Millenia and Mike compilation does not include the gold hilt texture, which was an APZ exclusive, so If you install the Millenia and Mike sword option, I think it overwrites the APZ buster texture if it was already there. (Is the APZ cloud model even in the bootleg? Not sure..)

You can either trying uninstalling the millenia+mike textures, or if you know how to unpack and repack your battle and char LGP files, copy the apz battle and field textures respectively from their threads on the forums and repack your files and you should be good to go.

Definitely make sure to back up your original battle and char LGP files first of course if trying the unpack/repack method.

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
« Reply #2 on: 2012-09-11 16:50:31 »
in battle manually install mikes swords

on the field. the difference between mikes sword on the back and apz sword on the back is the entire model.  its not a simple switch the sword is actually a part of the torso. when the last bootleg was made these models didnt exist and may still not. if your model doesnt exist with the sword you want on the back your only real option is to use kimera and put it in yourself. which takes a bit of digging and time to learn

@freshness the old remix apz is in bootleg still
« Last Edit: 2012-09-11 16:52:28 by omega res novae »

DEFIANT

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-09-11 18:09:22 »
EDIT
« Last Edit: 2012-09-12 18:35:08 by DEFIANT »

DEFIANT

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-09-12 18:38:59 »
How do I import Mikes Sword? As far as I know I select the Millenia+Mike mod and that uses Trish(aka Mike)s custom model pack.7z,

Which I thought contained that sword for battle use. All I get is the steel looking sword. Am I not choosing the correct mod? How do I do this?

Akira Sendoh

• I don't want to be a Goodman,I want to be a Great1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012-09-12 18:42:08 »
EDIT
hmm . i have a Apz Cloud field black uniform w/ Mike buster sword on the back ..
and i want to share it to others ..
but the problem is i dont have a permission
to the the editor

Mike
ApzFreak
Omega Res Novae
BusterSwrd

DEFIANT

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012-09-12 19:03:42 »
Damn! I won't tell if you don't... ;)

freshness82

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012-09-12 20:32:16 »
Millenia+Mike swords does not contain the gold hilt buster, at least I'm 90% sure it does not. You'd either have to download the APZ field model, which you can find the thread for as its pretty recent, or Grimmy's field cloud model also has a gold hilt buster but with a more plain, dark steel look for the blade itself.

AGAIN, you can't get the gold hilt buster from Millenia+Mikes swords file.

APZ Filed Model Thread:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13492.100

Grimmy's Models Thread:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=12841.0

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
« Reply #8 on: 2012-09-12 20:59:10 »
me and buster sword didnt do anything but convert the battle to field. And that part was mostly undertaken by buster swd. I also didnt create that texture. I simply put the new face onto it. I have no idea who converted apzs texture to have black instead of blue

DEFIANT

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012-09-13 01:28:39 »
OK, I got the the Battle sword replaced...Whoohoo! This is how I did it:

I needed to know what .tex files replace the sword model without changing the character model along with it. I looked hi and low (+ the help I got here) and found this:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13344.0

This let me know what files were needed to replace just the Buster Sword.
Once I knew this I could take the correct files from either here:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=10512.0
OR:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13476.0

If you want to know what files are needed to do this:
rtaf
rtck

I used ulgpGUI v0.5 aio to unpack and repack the battle.lgp file.

I assume, that since these files are all available to the public, and I only linked to the respective owners, that providing a guide of sorts is OK...Mods?

This is awesome because I can use any Cloud battle model with this sword. I really didn't care for the APZ Cloud model.

Just to note: I'm also editing (Wall Market) all Clouds swords to use the Buster Sword model. This way way I can upgrade the swords normally but retain the Buster Sword look for each sword in battle. This goes really well with the Buster Sword on the back of Cloud in the field. This was the look and feel I was going for.

Under Weapon tab
Model ID:00
Attack Tex:09
Do this on all Cloud's swords.
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13497.0

The field Buster Sword I cannot change to look like Gold Hilt model. I know the sword is connected to the model and that's a little beyond my skill set. Like I said I didn't care for APZ model too much. I suppose I could try, (I'm a very determined person sometimes) but the default field sword looks right with the other models. Unless someone out there has an itchy model finger and wants to do this for default model, and of course bragging rights, I won't be offended.

Thanks guys for the help.
« Last Edit: 2012-09-13 20:12:50 by DEFIANT »

freshness82

• View Profile
Re: How To Change Clouds (Battle) Sword Buster
« Reply #10 on: 2012-09-13 16:51:57 »
Here's a step by step: (as best to my memory and not sitting in front of the actual tools atm)

Backup your char.LGP file FIRST!

Make sure you have the .p and TEX file for the gold hilt field model, and that you have pasted them into your charLGP file, and make sure there are no conflicts by doing so.

Now, Lets say you have the default cloud model, and you are looking at it in Kimera..

Choose the chest part of the model, on the right click "add part to bone." If you don't see that option, there is an button that says "bone options" or something like that, that you need to press first, and then the "add part to bone" should be there.

Once pressed, browse to the .p file that is the gold hilt sword model in question, and it should come into kimera as a big white sword, most likely much larger than default chibi field cloud. At this point you can resize and position it however you'd like on the model, and once you have it where you want it, you need to add a texture.

If you are still looking at the "add part to bone" button, there should be a button that says "texture options." When you press that you go back to texture options and the sword should be showing no texture at the moment. So you choose "add texture" and again browse to the TEX file for the sword you copied over earlier and presto! You should now have the right sword with the right texture on your default cloud.

Save the model, and make sure you choose "no" to combining same P files. Re-encode your charLGP file, place it back in the data/field folder, and you should be good to go. If things went horribly wrong some how, at least you backed up your charLGP file first, right?