Author Topic: FF7 - Music Reloaded Project  (Read 35099 times)

NeoS

• View Profile
FF7 - Music Reloaded Project
« Reply #25 on: 2005-07-26 13:36:09 »
you guys ever thought about posting this project on OCremix.org? I think there'll be lots of talented artist who'd be willing to help out.
By the way, that bombing mission... no. sorry.
Here.
And here.
And a new one, here.
If you need more, ask me.

KojiroTakenashi

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005-07-26 20:48:30 »
oC ReMix is about arrangements, though. This is about improving the basic, original files. The first one I posted is just a redo with the original MIDI Data, the second one is closer to a ReMix, but I abandoned it.

Elentor

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005-07-26 22:22:24 »
NeoS: Uh, did you read the first post? Kojiro said about everything, but let me give a more complete answer...

Well, since the author is me, by "guys" I picture out everybody in this forum. I hope nobody ever decides to post this on OCremix, or they would laugh at me very bad. This definitely is not on the standard OCremix quality. Even if it were, like Kojiro stated, this is not an arrangement, and OCremix would give to any music here a NO OVERRIDE.

There are three reasons why I am not going to bother any of the artists at OCremix, which are:
1) This is not an arrangement, they have no reason to waste their time with it.
2) Like I stated, this is a personal project. I don't need any help for what would be doing exactly what I'm willing to do.... nor would KojiroTakenashi, for that matter.
3) I'm not a professional musician, and this is just a hobbie, so I don't really care about producing something "big", if you know what I mean.

About your musics... I think I've heard this drum before. KeyArdency? Well, anyway.
I didn't like the Bombing Mission either. Cid is nice, so is the Fighting theme, but the string fails sometimes, almost like the tones are out of range.
Also, I would like to know: Why the musics have big empty spaces when they finish? I just got curious.

About my remixes: I just finished Interrupted and Jenova Battles. Interrupted is already recorded, but Jenova not, and I won't be able to record it so soon because I'm currently rendering a *big* 3D image (1600*1280, 1.700.000 polygons, HDRI + 30 lights, over 40 textures of about 1600*1200 resolutions, you picture out) on my crappy Athlon XP 2100+ @1700, which means my computer cannot afford any other process than the render, which might take about three days.

If someone wants to donate a better CPU (who knows, perhaps there are rich people here) to me, thanks (I hope someone take it seriously..)

Cheers

Radiosity

• Minty Fresh!
    • View Profile
    • Trance Vibes
« Reply #28 on: 2005-07-27 01:50:35 »
I feel your pain dude :) Rendering a big scene + lights and stuff takes way too long on mid-range pc's. My new rig will be better suited to it however, when I finally manage to get enough money together to build the damn thing, heh.

Looking forward to hearing Interrupted :D

NeoS

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005-07-27 02:05:41 »
Quote from: Elentor
NeoS: Uh, did you read the first post? Kojiro said about everything, but let me give a more complete answer...

Well, since the author is me, by "guys" I picture out everybody in this forum. I hope nobody ever decides to post this on OCremix, or they would laugh at me very bad. This definitely is not on the standard OCremix quality. Even if it were, like Kojiro stated, this is not an arrangement, and OCremix would give to any music here a NO OVERRIDE.

There are three reasons why I am not going to bother any of the artists at OCremix, which are:
1) This is not an arrangement, they have no reason to waste their time with it.
2) Like I stated, this is a personal project. I don't need any help for what would be doing exactly what I'm willing to do.... nor would KojiroTakenashi, for that matter.
3) I'm not a professional musician, and this is just a hobbie, so I don't really care about producing something "big", if you know what I mean.

About your musics... I think I've heard this drum before. KeyArdency? Well, anyway.
I didn't like the Bombing Mission either. Cid is nice, so is the Fighting theme, but the string fails sometimes, almost like the tones are out of range.
Also, I would like to know: Why the musics have big empty spaces when they finish? I just got curious.

About my remixes: I just finished Interrupted and Jenova Battles. Interrupted is already recorded, but Jenova not, and I won't be able to record it so soon because I'm currently rendering a *big* 3D image (1600*1280, 1.700.000 polygons, HDRI + 30 lights, over 40 textures of about 1600*1200 resolutions, you picture out) on my crappy Athlon XP 2100+ @1700, which means my computer cannot afford any other process than the render, which might take about three days.

If someone wants to donate a better CPU (who knows, perhaps there are rich people here) to me, thanks (I hope someone take it seriously..)

Cheers

the spaces... it's a bug in FL i guess.

You're right about the OCR thing. But if you need help in arranging some tracks, just ask.

NeoS

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005-07-29 17:45:21 »
Sorry for the doublepost, but i did some work on the prelude. I hope you like it and can use it for your project.

Elentor

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005-07-29 20:32:42 »
A bit too sharp, imo, otherwise good.
What samples are you using? And which program?

Anyway, I did another two musics, like I said.

Interrupted by Fireworks

Jenova

Enjoy (or not).

Cheers

NeoS

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005-07-29 20:35:26 »
Using some free soundfonts in FL Studio 5.

What is too sharp? the piano? i can tweak it some more if you want.
The harp in interrupted sounds good. I need a good harp soundfont too.

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005-07-29 21:27:46 »
RIGHT Elentor that it i have had it. Im on my way to Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
to give you a manle handshake. I loving them i just want my ff7 to work so i can play it

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005-07-30 06:11:01 »
J*e*n*o*v*a sounds a bit too different... however, it sounds very alien, and therefore, appropriate.  The horns are a bit too quiet though, and there's some parts that seem to have been diffused or cut.  Like at 1:57, there should be a louder horn coming in at the end of the drums.  but it's all low and flat.  8shrugs*

Inturupted sounds VERY nice and almost 100% like the orignal... but, i don't think you need the actual firework sounds in there =)  the FMV supplies those sound effects ^_^

Elentor

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005-07-30 13:29:11 »
Heh, I liked the firework sounds. My FF7 doesn'tplay the FMV sounds, anyway, don't ask me why. So I never knew there were actual fireworks sounds on the fmvs (last time I played the PSX version was some years ago).

The horns sounds good here, but it might be my own sound equipment. I don't know what kind of equipment you use, but if more than one people think it is low, then it probably is low.

By the way, Jenova is my personal favorite until now, because I really wanted it to sound alien, and because I finally managed to record in layers in Sonar 3, which gave me more control.
There are still not as many flangers and chorus effects as I have planned initially, but I think it sounds nice the way it is. Specially the bass (long live the subwoofer)

NeoS

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005-08-06 18:14:38 »
Been a while since my last one, but here it is:
Still More Fighting.

NeoS

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005-08-24 22:11:03 »
2 new ones:

1. Forest Temple
2. Cosmo Canyon
Cosmo Canyon is not quite the way I wanted it, but the Forest Temple worked out nicely.
Enjoy.

sfx1999

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005-08-24 22:24:43 »
When you get these all finished, maybe we could try to all download it at once over bittorrent.

NeoS

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005-08-25 11:24:57 »
Good idea. Just one thing though: my webspace is limited. :(

jamesyfx

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005-08-25 13:42:37 »
Bittorrent doesnt even use webspace though.. does it?

Arsop

• View Profile
    • http://www.verkkomaailma.com/~jerep/
« Reply #41 on: 2005-09-19 14:25:43 »
Oy! Why hasn't no one done a "remix" of the boss battle music? :O I think it's one of the games best songs, so I would appreciate to hear that remixed ;)

NeoS

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005-09-19 17:08:00 »
First of all, we're not "remixing" the FF7 tracks. We're re-sequencing them with better instruments. That's a big difference.  :wink:

Anyway, for a great "remix" go here

Arsop

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005-09-19 17:34:36 »
Quote from: NeoS
First of all, we're not "remixing" the FF7 tracks. We're re-sequencing them with better instruments. That's a big difference.  :wink:

Anyway, for a great "remix" go here

Thanks, and sorry for the incorrect word, couldn't figure out the right word :D
EDIT: Listening many times the "boss music", I noticed that the guitars could be more louder, and maybe a bit sharper. What do you think?
EDIT2: I also downloaded the Jenova, sounds odd, maybe because the timing differs a bit from original version?

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005-09-21 20:38:53 »
Great jobs guys!

Check out my stuff if it's still there when you read this... I use Melody Assistant, that uses high quality real instrument recording samples to generate it's digital music. It reads midi, but uses it's own playback. I personally feel it's a godsend, it just kicks a$$!

Fighting Music
http://s49.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1V6GUGR0UWJGN1ZQT62PGW05DU

Prelude:
http://s49.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2W8YF1WO316GD2LJJM5OBXEIVV

Those Chosen by the Planet:
http://s49.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2W4U92S6Y09RW1Z22HZK3TGUQ1

Motorcycle Chase:
http://s49.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3S5SC0MUALURT3LRJBLDV8XUQE
My Fav!

Also, if you like those...

Check this Sonic one I mastered, it's awesome:
http://s49.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=058VZXOF4K5VV3JNN4W83QXTZL

If you're interested check out www.myriad-online.com

Arsop

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005-09-22 04:21:17 »
Nice work ;) Hmm, has everyone heard The Black Mages? :P A real band playing final fantasy music, great. Just downloaded the newest cd, great one also! The first cd is  made  from FF7. If you haven't heard, I can recommend it! ;)

NeoS

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005-09-22 16:20:29 »
Ehm, piracy isn't a good thing to discuss here.
Secondly, "The Black Mages" is led by Nobuo Uematsu, original composer of most Final Fantasy tracks.

Next time, do your homework a bit before posting.

Arsop

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005-09-22 18:49:39 »
Hmm, well you're right, but the site said that I can download, if I delete the files in 24 hourse :roll:

djzerious

• View Profile
    • http://www.gzanime.net
« Reply #48 on: 2005-09-22 19:12:03 »
Quote from: Arsop
Nice work  Hmm, has everyone heard The Black Mages? A real band playing final fantasy music, great. Just downloaded the newest cd, great one also! The first cd is made from FF7. If you haven't heard, I can recommend it!
Yes. I own both of their cd's. And, no, their first album is not just FF7 music, it spans across all the FF's that Nobuo composed.

Quote from: NoeS
Ehm, piracy isn't a good thing to discuss here.
Secondly, "The Black Mages" is led by Nobuo Uematsu, original composer of most Final Fantasy tracks.

Next time, do your homework a bit before posting.
Thank you.. that means I don't have to point that out.

Quote from: Arsop
Hmm, well you're right, but the site said that I can download, if I delete the files in 24 hourse :roll:
No. You can't actually. Piracy is piracy. About the only thing that has that "rule of thumb" of which you speak of 24 hours then delete, would be NES/SNES roms and things of that era.. why? Nintendo isn't making money off of NES/SNES anymore. It's outdated technology. But even then you still have to watch it, cuz it's still considered piracy, just the company tends to not care too much.

Phyltre

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005-09-22 21:26:33 »
It's outdated technology. But even then you still have to watch it, cuz it's still considered piracy, just the company tends to not care too much.

I could swear that I remember reading in some law manual that products no longer supported by the maker or offered on the market (obsolete was one of the words used, I think) are okay to distribute.  Of course, I have no idea where I read that.