Author Topic: 10 key reasons why the Obama presidency is in meltdown  (Read 12995 times)

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
Re: 10 key reasons why the Obama presidency is in meltdown
« Reply #1 on: 2010-08-13 20:51:58 »
I don't see reason for debate. Obama was a presidential fail. Hell cause of him I can't get a spot in Americorps cause he media'd it and so the guys that only are working so they can have food and a roof get in and not actual volunteers that want to help. Gah so far out of the last few presidents clinton has been best. Oh wow he got a blowjob and people spun it in a big bad deal. Dude I give the guy thumbs up for that considering his Bwitch of a wife.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-08-13 21:05:00 »
Oh wow he got a blowjob and people spun it in a big bad deal. Dude I give the guy thumbs up for that considering his Bwitch of a wife.

Monica was a bit chubby, but I'd still have hit it.

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-08-14 00:17:12 »
Oh wow he got a blowjob and people spun it in a big bad deal. Dude I give the guy thumbs up for that considering his Bwitch of a wife.

Monica was a bit chubby, but I'd still have hit it.
Fat girls the make the world go round!" or however the song goes :P

Really hoping for a good president this next coming term.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-08-14 01:08:22 »
Really hoping for a good president this next coming term.

Sure thing bro, and I'm hoping for a competent and selfless British government that will give back the freedoms that Labour took from us. I'm also hoping to win the lottery. ;D
« Last Edit: 2010-08-14 01:11:07 by Kudistos Megistos »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-08-14 01:35:39 »

this.

Hoping for anything good to come out of politics is like hoping for Apple to not rip you off with their next product. [waits for macfag trollbait]

or some such other nonsense. Obama's doing as poorly as any president in history ever has. The best presidents are the ones who take office during progressive or peaceful times, for them to claim that they were the sole cause of those times is arrogant. The president doesn't have enough power to make or break the times... that's what makes democracy so great! If this were a monarchy or a dictatorship, I'd agree that Emperor/King/Hitler was doing a shitty job, but as it stands, you can't blame Obama alone...

...it's the whole f*cking political system's fault. But there's nothing anyone can do (humanely) to change that, so people should stop bitching and start thinking about how they can do their respective part to help the situation.

"start with the man in the mirror"

EDIT: only 100 moar posts...
« Last Edit: 2010-08-14 01:37:30 by titeguy3 »

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-08-14 04:08:19 »
Damn, I'm a vampire hence no reflection :P

true, alot of things in government need to be fixed. Alot of it is archaic at this point.

ROBBIN WILLIAMS FOR PRESIDENT!!!

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-08-14 05:03:49 »
Well at least nobody is picking on Bush. I'm hardcore conservative, so its hard for me to talk about politics because I get in silly stupid arguements. But I will say one thing, and its as an american. Clinton was offered bin Laden's head along with bin Laden's chiefs and lieutenants, and the Clinton administration turned it down and chickened out.

http://www.infowars.com/saved%20pages/Prior_Knowledge/Clinton_let_bin_laden.htm

http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/9/10/181819.shtml

and finally - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wvo2lQe81x

No Crimes? Please. Threatening the American people is enough for me to capture and hold someone.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-08-14 08:08:19 »
Bush got 100x more stick than Obama.  THere is only 1 reason why Obama is being attacked and that is that the love-in and "he is a saviour" syndrome has wore off to reveal that he is just plain ordinary man who says a lot but is just another politician.,  People who voted for him because he is a good speaker deserve what they get ;)

I remember when he came to office and I was on BBC HYS, everyone there saying what a great leader he was when he hadn't even been in charge of a bathtub.   The prediction by a few of us was that he would go down like  a lead balloon the minute the rhetoric and fairy tale story got old.  Bush might have been hated and so was Blair at the end, but at least they were hated because they stuck to their guns and weren't afraid of making tough decisions.  It is easy to sit back and apologise for everything, and play the appeasement game.  One wonders whY the legacy of Neville Chamberlain is not better remembered.
« Last Edit: 2010-08-14 08:16:29 by seif »

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-08-14 19:46:35 »
I was pissed off that I didn't get to vote because I was born 2 weeks too late.  Looking back at it, I'm still pissed, because Obama may not be a great president, I'll give you that.  I still feel he's a hell of a lot better than Mccain would've been.  If McCain died and Palin became president, I would've done one of 2 things.  1) Resolved my hatred for America Jr. and moved there.  2) in the words of Bill Hicks: "Where's the tower, where's the gun"

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #10 on: 2010-08-14 21:27:38 »
Bush might have been hated and so was Blair at the end, but at least they were hated because they stuck to their guns and weren't afraid of making tough decisions.  It is easy to sit back and apologise for everything, and play the appeasement game.  One wonders whY the legacy of Neville Chamberlain is not better remembered.

> implying the Conservative party would have supported military sanctions against Germany in the 1930s, not least as most (remilitarization of the Rhineland, for example) were revocations of frankly draconian Versailles policies

> implying we had the cash to rearm

> implying Chamberlain was the father of appeasement (it was David Lloyd George back in 1919)

> implying Chamberlain wasn't the father of rearmament (in 1930, the RAF had a whopping twelve planes. Who, exactly, ordered more built despite the economic difficulties?)

> implying Britain had the state machinery pre-war to even tax enough to rebuild the army

> implying we hadn't enough troubles keeping even the bloody Singapore base going

> implying Churchill wasn't one of the work Exchequers in British history, and that his gold standard fetish didn't prompt the General Strike of 1926.

That crippled the industrial base.

And therefore slowed rearmament.

> implying his 'hard decisions' post-war (r.e. the empire) weren't costly and disastrous adventures

> implying that the decisions politicians have to make are actually quite easy, and that things like circumstance, economic limitations and good ol' pragmatics aren't anything to worry about.

See what I'm getting at?

Also, I like the idea that Blair wasn't a flimsy popularist obsessed with his 'legacy', a bland, blank cipher of a man who couldn't bear to be anything but an object of public adoration. I'll have to write that one down some time.
« Last Edit: 2010-08-14 21:32:25 by Bosola »

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010-08-14 22:14:57 »
So why would Mccain or Palin been bad, in your opinion, Cupcake?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010-08-15 08:30:59 »
I didn't imply that neville was the father of appeasement...  I simply stated a fact that he deployed the tactic and Hitler laughed in his face.  The point I made was that it is easy to get on with other countries by appeasing and apologising, but that won't get you any brownie points back home.  The main reason I think, is that the love-in fairy tale has wore off and his limo has turned into a pumpkin.

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010-08-15 09:15:54 »
The main reason I think, is that the love-in fairy tale has wore off and his limo has turned into a pumpkin.

> Implying that Obama is Cinderella :P

Anyway, I'm unimpressed with the article.  Too much opinion.  Too biased.  I imagine it would be very difficult for Obama to do the right things the right ways, seeing the lovely little mess Bush left behind for him to clear up.  I think the writer of the article is being a bit unfair.  But I guess everyone with public recognition gets criticized every now and again.

Not that Obama is perfect and un-criticizable.  Not at all.  But he was the lesser of two evils, in my opinion.  (Implying that all politicians are evil.)  You live with what you get.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010-08-15 19:19:15 »
2.   Most Americans don’t have confidence in the president’s leadership
I blame the media for this one. For the eight years of Bush's presidency, liberal media outlets such as CBS were training their viewers to hate the president, no matter what he did. Now that a president they like is in office, this is biting them in the ass, because idiot viewers have already gotten in the habit of hating on whoever is in the office. It doesn't matter who is in charge, or what they're doing, Americans gonna hate. Period.

It greatly saddens me that the most neutral news source in the country is The Colbert Report, but liberal media is dishonest and conservative media is dishonest and retarded, so it really is the best choice. I firmly believe that the rest of the media has damaged the country so much in focusing more on promoting their own political views rather than trying to keep viewers genuinely informed, and so even if Obama lived up to ALL his campaign promises, took the troops completely out of the middle east, and created a lasting world peace, the very people who voted for him would still dislike and distrust him.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010-08-15 19:39:45 »
It greatly saddens me that the most neutral news source in the country is The Colbert Report, but liberal media is dishonest and conservative media is dishonest and retarded, so it really is the best choice.

A friend of mine once phrased it best to me... All media is biased, to get a clear understanding of the facts, you want to be in a situation where the bias is obvious and transparent.

(Implying that all politicians are evil.)
QFT. I don't particularly approve of the use of the term "evil" in any context besides fantasy fiction novels, but I've found that being involved in politics (or any area in which people have some sort of power over others) tends to invite corruption.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010-08-15 20:00:34 »
I remember when he came to office and I was on BBC HYS, everyone there saying what a great leader he was when he hadn't even been in charge of a bathtub.   The prediction by a few of us was that he would go down like  a lead balloon the minute the rhetoric and fairy tale story got old.  Bush might have been hated and so was Blair at the end, but at least they were hated because they stuck to their guns and weren't afraid of making tough decisions.  It is easy to sit back and apologise for everything, and play the appeasement game.  One wonders whY the legacy of Neville Chamberlain is not better remembered.

I've noticed quite a lot of similarities between Obama and Blair recently. Blair wasn't black, but they otherwise have an awful lot in common: both were elected to rapturous celebration after an ineffective and unpopular conservative government. Both talked about change and were expected to get rid of the social divides that were holding their countries back. Both were "cool" and beloved of rock stars as well as the media and the public. Both were treated like messiahs.

Blair started to believe his own hype and became increasingly unstable, seeing himself as a man who could do no wrong, didn't have to listen to the public, only had to answer to God and was justified in destroying everything his country stood for in order to achieve his dream (not one shared by the people who elected him) of the perfect society. He ended up becoming one of the most hated Prime Ministers ever, was forced out of his job because he was making the Labour party unelectable and did far more to rebuild the popularity of the Conservative party than any of the Tories themselves.

Let's hope that the Americans vote Obama out after his first term if he starts to act like that. (and no, he hasn't come anywhere near the level of Blair yet; Blair really was insane).

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010-08-17 08:36:23 »
I agree with you there...  I only respect Blair more than Obama because he took big decisions which he knew he would be flayed alive for.  Obama has tried to be all things to all men, and played the appeasement game.

But yeah I agree, Blair used the same tactics to gain power, he spoke about great changes, portrayed a vision of hope and optimism, was a good speaker but full of empty rhetoric and in the end, his ratings also fell like a lead balloon when people realised that Labour didn't have a clue.   Obama gained power on the back of hype and his good speeches, but it will be interesting to see what happens at the next election.

SeviStatic

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010-08-17 14:36:12 »
I'm not exactly impressed with the state of affairs of the US, but I have to say oil spill aside, he's pushing for big changes, which frankly...we need and nobody else will do.  What irks me is the "anything you do, we fillibuster" attitude from the right.

granted, that should be a cue to rethink some policy issues. :lol:

also, i think war on terror is about like declaring a war on whistling.  we're the only country that's ever gone to war with an ideal...which, by nature, can never die.  i figure changing to a winnable war is a step in the right direction.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010-08-17 14:39:02 »
What irks me is the "anything you do, we fillibuster" attitude from the right.

You should be glad that the American opposition has that attitude, instead of "anything you do, we'll copy".

SeviStatic

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010-08-17 14:53:38 »
i'd rather have a "we'll rationally discuss and weigh options" and approve SOME things while denying some others rather than a "nanananaboo-boo, i can't hear you".

no one person should get total control, but neither should the president have all his power blocked before he even opens his mouth.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010-08-17 15:01:08 »
I'd rather have rational discussion of options as well, but that's not going to happen. ;D

In its absence, I'd like to have someone else to vote for if I don't like what the people in charge are doing. Americans at least have that. What can you do, as a voter, when you want change but all the parties say the same thing?

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010-08-17 15:02:20 »
Write in vote!

... hah hah I make myself laugh...

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010-08-17 16:10:15 »
Ron Paul 2012!

Marc

• I hear Voices ... in my head
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010-08-17 22:03:18 »
What can you do, as a voter, when you want change but all the parties say the same thing?

Run for office.

But as far as Obama is concerned, apart from his horrible PR, I don't really see what he did wrong.

He pushed for a healthcare reform and got it (even though its heavily neutered, US politicians have been trying that since the 20's - he made it pass).  He's pushing for a bank reform.  He got out of Iraq.

These are all things he promised.

As far as the economy goes though, I don't believe politicians have any major effect on that.  Yes they can vote in stimulus packages which can help but they're not really responsible for a good or a bad economy.

They are responsible for reducing the debt though.  Let's see what he does with that once the economy recovers.
« Last Edit: 2010-08-17 22:07:49 by Marc »