Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod (v1.0.7.2)  (Read 1089032 times)

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod
« Reply #800 on: 2010-11-03 10:28:36 »
I just checked the dragon
thats not difficult, thats stupid
that dragon is the SAME THING that appears as random enc in the KOTR cave. thats a LIIIIIIIIIIITLE bit too hard, dont you think?
I adjusted my dragon ( not even I can beat something that dishes out so much damage and doesnt let you escape, is immune to death and cant be manipulated ) to make it near undamageable but not one-shot-everything strong
And the materia bosses are nowhere near 'hard'
Sorry, but some of them are pathetic.
@50% max hp damage. HAVENT YOU HEARD OF REGEN?
seriously, why play a hardcore mod if you're too dumb to think of the SIMPLEST solutions.
regen on all -> x-potion someone ( or full-cure which you can have on cd 2 ) -> white wind

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #801 on: 2010-11-08 22:19:18 »
I just checked the dragon
thats not difficult, thats stupid
that dragon is the SAME THING that appears as random enc in the KOTR cave. thats a LIIIIIIIIIIITLE bit too hard, dont you think?
I adjusted my dragon ( not even I can beat something that dishes out so much damage and doesnt let you escape, is immune to death and cant be manipulated ) to make it near undamageable but not one-shot-everything strong
And the materia bosses are nowhere near 'hard'
Sorry, but some of them are pathetic.
@50% max hp damage. HAVENT YOU HEARD OF REGEN?
seriously, why play a hardcore mod if you're too dumb to think of the SIMPLEST solutions.
regen on all -> x-potion someone ( or full-cure which you can have on cd 2 ) -> white wind

I'm not sure if I should read this as criticism or as an offense. Don't get me wrong, but the way you word yourself make you sound like a douche, imo (no offense).

I get the message 'bout the Nibel dragon. The dragon, and those other impossible encounters weren't meant to be beatable the 1st time around. Later in the game the player can come back and claim the rewards (or just fight 'em for fun). I see the annoyment factor however, and figure I have to do something to lessen the frustration.

If you find those bosses too easy I suggest using Hojo and Proud Clod. As you probably have...  8-)

Edit: oh, and I may make another update soon.
« Last Edit: 2010-11-08 22:22:01 by gjoerulv »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #802 on: 2010-11-08 23:26:36 »
Don't worry, I am a douche, but that doesn't mean I can't make a valid point.
So far, the only really "impossible" encounters are the dragon ( which appear way too frequently for all intends )
Also, the rapps battle is completely missing from the h_scene.bin I get from the remix mod. Can you check your files to see if thats a problem on your side?

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #803 on: 2010-11-09 16:49:30 »
I don't support the remix patch. You should use my hardcore app to patch the scene.bin (it will not find h_scene.bin). There are bugs in the remix version. To upgrade from 1.0 -> 1.0.2  (not 1.0.1 -> 1.0.2), you need to patch flevel.lgp and scene.bin (there are some changes in kernel2.bin after v1.0 but they're not important). Keep in mind that this will overwrite scene.bin and about 20 field files.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #804 on: 2010-11-09 18:33:04 »
Not gonna upgrade.
I fixed the rapps battle myself. I heard theres a CTD at the end of the ancient forest, how did you fix that? probably an error in the flevel I'd guess, so I'm gonna fix it myself.
Updating really is not an option. I would have to do all my scene.bin changes over. urg. no thanks. That would take days.
I'd be grateful if you could tell me what changed from 1.00 to 1.02 ( I only really need bugfixes. If you added more optional stuff, I might think about upgrading but even so.. )

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: 2010-11-09 18:48:00 »
Updating really is not an option. I would have to do all my scene.bin changes over. urg. no thanks. That would take days.
It would take seconds if you used the patch creation feature NFITC1 implemented into Wallmarket and ProudClod to create a "Changes patch" between your scene.bin and a stock 1.0 hardcore scene.bin, then upgrade, then apply the changes patch to the 1.2 hardcore scene.bin
« Last Edit: 2010-11-09 18:51:01 by titeguy3 »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #806 on: 2010-11-09 18:58:10 »
I'd be grateful if you could tell me what changed from 1.00 to 1.02 ( I only really need bugfixes. If you added more optional stuff, I might think about upgrading but even so.. )
Not really much considering the flevel. If the Nibel dragon is in the pipe area or if the game crashes in the ancient forest, you don't have the newest fields. There stat and AI tweaks in the scene.bin. Too much to list.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #807 on: 2010-11-10 00:47:44 »
Sigh. I guess I'll get back to this and what tite proposed. I don't keep track of every single function each tool has.

stealthcamo68

• View Profile
« Reply #808 on: 2010-11-21 02:26:54 »
hey, so great mod! but i'm trying uninstall this mod on one of the computer that has ff7 installed;
and keeping the other on;

how do i go about uninstalling the difficulty mod and keep the other goods?

Beavii

• View Profile

Kylos

• View Profile
« Reply #810 on: 2010-12-04 02:16:39 »
Hey i been playing this and i ran into some problems.

Im still on disk 1, just got the stone of Dio in gold saucer, and Cloud is now at level 62.

First of all i am able to beat the fights in the south east near mideel, which is great exp and ap if you can survive, i had to save it before each fight just to make sure in the beginning.

The Kjata boss is really difficult for me, i tried to use Meteorain, Great Gospel and some other limit break to start, then tried my best to take off as much damage as i could, but soon as great gospel effect ran out, they will just kill me off pretty quick.

I figured ill need Omnislash to beat this, i have no idea just how difficult the bosses are the Temple of the ancients, so im not sure whether to continue on in the storyline.

So i decided to get some GP in the gold saucer so i can get Omnislash, but i have to say that even with a level 60+ cloud and good materia for this stage of the game, its so difficult to beat this regularly due to the following problems.

-Some of the monsters do berserk effect, Grand Horns are the worst for this, usually by the 2nd or 3rd fight.
-Certain monsters can be really difficult to get past sometimes:

Flower Prong has a ton of HP like its a big boss, it gets bio on early, then uses pollen to sleep you, then it starts using W-Laser which brings you into critical health, usually ending up with you dieing of poison, this can be avoided but i got caught out with this once, this flower was no match before. Nonetheless its a massive drain for the rest of the fight as it only appears on the 3rd fight.

Sahagin are unusually annoying now in battle arena, they like to take your MP, silence and poison you, not only that they guard well from physical attacks, so if your out of MP at this point, it can be a real pain to do anything for a while.

Valrons, a certain kick of theirs does so much damage compared to anything else it can do, its been hitting me for 3-4k per hit, thats also completely going through barrier, its quite a shock when it happens.

Ying and Yang is by far the most annoying, and hardest fight in the battle arena at this stage of the game, by now your handicapped to hell, and although the moves it does is only doing 500-1000 damage a time, it takes a lot to kill it, and usually by the time you do that, it pulls of the sacrifice move, and there is nothing which can be done to stop this.
I only managed to beat this once so far, i started with Meteorain which mostly hit Yang, then i got Leviathan and Odin out, Yang died, and manage to finish Ying off with Beta before it did the sacrifice move.

-Glitch in the battle arena i had, for some reason i got a Back Attack from a Griffon bird, and it was practically on top of me, all the fights after that Cloud was facing the wrong way, even if you tried to Run away, and stop again, he stayed looking the wrong way to the mobs.. which was quite amusing but wrong lol. Back Attacks in battle arena should not happen :)

-Battle arena crash, i seem to get this randomly, it dont happen so much as i play through the game, but if i start fighting in the battle arena, usually i get to 10-30k BP then the game decides to crash midfight, this has happened 3 times now and no idea why.

Not sure what to do about these problems, would love to continue on in this mod, as its real good fun :)
« Last Edit: 2010-12-06 20:32:56 by Kylos »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #811 on: 2010-12-04 19:40:24 »
The crash is mostly likely a missing enemy or simply a enemy thats not working right. And well, the Battle Arena is supposed to be really hard at CD1

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #812 on: 2010-12-04 20:09:48 »
@Kylos
imo I don't think it's worth it to get omnislash just to beat that boss. It wont make it easier.
The goons will always prioritize to keep your party reflected and boost their own party. To keep 'em busy, you could keep dispelling everyone, or keep the enemies reflected. Yamigor is weak against fire, Hadadigor is weak against earth and Levant is weak against Ice. Attack with magic (not if they got reflect on lol). At least never attack Levant with physicals. It always counter physical attacks, except if you counterattack it (lots of counterattacks is almost always a good strategy).
When Levant is alone, use Leviathan, Bahamut (if you have it), Shiva, Odin, Blizzaga and Aqualung (in this order) to kill it.

The battle arena is supposed to be a lot harder then normal. I recommend switching to a normal difficulty instead of getting frustrated. If you managed to get through all battles once in my mod however, you deserve to cheat to get the prices. Eventually you would get 'em anyway, right?

Those crashes, did they happen as you enter the 1st battle? If not, do you remember after which battles the crashes occurred?

philman

• View Profile
« Reply #813 on: 2010-12-04 22:03:48 »
sorry i don't check the other pages of this post but gjoerulv,how i can battle with omega? when i have fancy transparency off,i can have a crash on omega attacks (omega 1 and 2 battles) when the fancy transparency is on i can have a crash in last omega attacks.what i make about this? give omega 10000 hp and use 4x-atk? (joke XD)

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #814 on: 2010-12-05 15:09:07 »
@philman
It's definitely a graphic problem. Try without Ali's graphic. I also got crashes, but only with Ali's driver.   :-\

EDIT: Actually there are bugs in the 3 first omega battles. Sigh, I'll make another release.
« Last Edit: 2010-12-05 23:31:38 by gjoerulv »

Kylos

• View Profile
« Reply #815 on: 2010-12-06 20:02:24 »
Ok joe i got an update on my save and the reasons why i may have been having difficulty.

First of all i may have figured out why i was crashing, i was not using Aalis custom driver, i installed the latest version of that and the new GUI 2.07, and changed the settings in the config, including turning off Fancy Transparency (I do really like the new battle interface implemented on the custom driver)

Crashes seemed random before, they happened on the big bird (last round) and the 4 new snakes in the battle arena and other random battles, but it seems after i updated i didnt get any crashes, and the battle arena was not as difficult now, due to some mistakes i had made previous.

First of all, Ying and Yang, a big mistake i seem to have made, is that i just didnt think thats its undead, and you can kill it with Pheonix downs.... Therefore this made my battles a lot easier, the bird, the swinging guy and Ying/Yang can be dealt with.

Also i found a counter for the Flower Prong, use Odin on the first form lol :P

What i noticed is, this battle arena should not be done til after Temple of Ancients, ill go into that later, but first ill say that the most annoying mobs in the arena are:

The new seahorse creatures(1st round) - They cause instant death.. for a 1st round mob that is stupid, Death Force is the only protection.

Grand Horns - Using Berserk, usually i had to use Star Pendant to protect against silence and poison which are the most annoying stats in my eyes, having to equip a fury ring to protect against berserk would be such an inconvenience.
The only way round this, is to make absolutely sure you have a full ATB bar (Kill the mobs with counter attack) and then use Leviathan soon as its possible, so these do not destroy your fight.

Griffons - I got another back attack in the battle arena off this, it seems to appear just behind Cloud, and turns him round for the rest of the fight, even on the next rounds.

Apart from those i dont see much trouble in the battle arena with the right strategy and materia, it takes practice at first though to get used to what all these monsters can do, and without Ribbon to protect you, its required you have items to help cure status ailments, and plenty of Ethers,

After getting Omnislash and my other items, i went back to the sleeping forest and tried again with full limit breaks, All Creation, Great Gospel and Omnislash destroyed this fight, i had to restart and try again to see what can be stolen off these, unfortunately they only drop Sources.

Now that i done this fight and beat it, i realize you really dont need Omnislash, DeSpell-All is a great combo on this, and using any Fire Ice or Thunder elemental armour or accessories helps, getting rid of the 2 front guys soon as possible is the best way to go.

After finally getting Kjata and Omnislash, i thought i would try temple of ancients, and i was disappointed lol, because it was really easy, the 2 bosses here were no match for me, specially the wall, it was no match and i was expecting a lot more of a difficult fight, seen as the real game of FF7, this boss usually scares the average player at this point in the game, i think it should be more of a challenge to be honest.

I got Ribbon in the temple, and i noticed just how less useful this accessory is now, on the real game it was a dream to have 3 ribbons, but not anymore, as this thing not only protects against all the status ailments, but it also protects against regen, barrier and Mbarrier, which is a big sacrifice in some fights i have noticed.

I continued on with the story, and got my 3rd enemy skill, and continued to kill Jenova pretty easily, and finished disc 1.

I noticed the hedgehogs in groups of 4 was a real pain, they hit for a lot and always on the char with lowest hp, i carried on and got onto the world map, where i noticed a new elephant mob :D Which i really like by the way, it fits in well and has nice moves.

After snowboarding, and looking round for items in the icelands, i managed to get to the Snow Queen, and oh my lord this is a very interesting fight for a number of reasons.
I was lucky to make 2 of my characters invalid to Ice, or this would have been over quick, she is a very nice challenge, and i managed to kill her first time round, and get Alexander.

Up Gaeas cliff i noticed the new wizard mobs (Damnation is not nice lol), and that Magic breath now does MP Damage, the icicles are a nice fight now, but not too difficult, and then i managed to easily get Bad Breath off the Malboro, thanks to 2 ribbons :)

From here i decided to try a tank setup, have Cid become the guy with high attack, Cover, counter attack, and because he still have limit 1(not used him much on this save so far) he can spam that, while the other party members do magics and support.

I was worried the dragons that drop dragon armlets would be difficult, but turns out they were ok, so i got 2 armlets and carried on to fight Schizo.
Schizo was not too hard, i stole Protect ring, and managed to kill it pretty easy, i did notice it now does a Quake move, which suprised me lol.

Into the crater, i tried the bombs and giant guy, the bombs are very easy, but the big man is actually a challenge now, which is what i expected :)
Picked up Neo Bahamut, and fought Golden Dragon, i enjoyed this fight, not overly difficult, not compared to whats to come.
Fought Jenova.. and it was really difficult, the Red Light is extremely strong, and can do it up to 3 times in a row, also it can drain all the MP from everyone, and likes to make everyone slow, i had to use Megalixers in this fight at times, just to avoid a game over, after a tough and epic battle i managed to kill it.

After Jenova i did a fight with this triangle mob(what the hell??), and 2 flying monsters, and for some reason the mobs started putting french or spanish dialogue  at the top, and completely wiped my party, it was very shocking as i totally was not prepared for this, i saved it and im going to try again now, and see what that fight is all about. If this is an addition its a pretty confusing one.

Edit: Just tried these new red pyramid style mobs, and they just cause death to everyone, physical attacks barely take anything off it, and they seem immune to all magic, unless there is some kind of trick to beating these, they are unbeatable, even with limit breaks ready.
« Last Edit: 2010-12-06 21:37:12 by Kylos »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #816 on: 2010-12-07 02:19:14 »
@Kylos
Thanks for feedback.

Yeah, you seem a bit over leveled for the ancient temple.

I've fixed that back attack in the battle arena.
Against berserk, can't you use added effect + mystify?

Yeah, those red pyramids. Immune against magic. Actually the ? ? ? attack may be the only way to beat 'em if you've lost 1000 HP or more. The deal is they'll kill you if you have full HP. Otherwise they'll fully heal you. And they act after any battle move (calculate before the move). But it's a good thing you brought it up, I'll try to make 'em more beatable.
The text is Latin. Phrases from a very known last boss theme ;)

Kylos

• View Profile
« Reply #817 on: 2010-12-07 16:37:36 »
yea i find having to add mystify and add effect an inconvenience, its 2 full slots of materia, its not impossible to get round the berserk effect, its just annoying thats all. Anyways i beaten the battle arena now at the earliest stage, so thats cool.

I went back on my save last night, and tried to figure out the pyramids, and i could not do it, i tried limit breaks and summons, but they kept killing me, ok now im going to poke a big flaw in the way that these mobs work.

You say they instant kill anyone who has full hp, and they restore hp to anyone who has not got it, this makes it extremely difficult to do anything, because these mobs are pretty fast, and you dont even see them do the move, or who its going to land on, its all pretty random and confusing to me.

The only way i could see beating these from what you told me, is to use Demaga > all on my party then use ? ? ? ? before they cure me back up to max hp, only thing about that though is if your too slow (they often can kill at least one player before anyone can do a move) at getting it out, someones going to die, then you need to pheonix down them, by the time you done that, the next guy is dead and so on, and there aint really anyway of getting back from this, as the mobs are too fast, specially if your doing the fight with the 2 pyramids.

In all honesty i do not think these mobs should be in the game, the latin thing is very confusing, and they just dont seem to fit into the game well for me, i guess they suit the area a little bit better then those strange monkey creatures you usually get, and i could see what you wanted to do with the area, but in all honesty i think i would rather fight slightly stronger monkeys in that area then pyramids with instant death.

See i thought i could counter this move with Death Force, but it seems the pyramids completely ignore that, like i said i think this is probably the worst addition i seen in the game so far, its your mod though and if your going to keep them, at least make possible to kill lol :P

Edit: Just tried to fight the pyramids, i only have one enemy skill with the ????, i used demara to get my players hp down, but they still managed to kill 2 others off before i managed to hit with tifa, i killed one of them off, but then the other one killed me.. although i didnt have full hp.

Ok i also proved that these mobs are very glitchy, i used the same technique in the fight with 1 pyramid and 2 other mobs, i used Bad Breath to start, to deal with the other mobs, then i already had tifa with a possible 3k ???? move, so i did that and killed the pyramid.. Now i get suprised because its still speaking the latin in the dialogue, Cloud was the only character with full hp at this point, i did Beta and was about to finish the mobs off with a summon..
But then out of nowhere, all 3 of my characters died at the same time... instant game over, i managed to kill the only pyramid in the fight, but for some reason all 3 of my characters died although nothing physcially hit me in the fight.

I tried once again, and fought the 2 pyramids, i got ? ? ? ? off soon as i could with tifa, and killed the first off, Cid died, so i used Cloud to raise him, Tifa and Cloud at full hp now, then for some reason, cloud and cid(although he had low hp) died, and tifa lost 75% of her hp and landed in critical, i did one more ? ? ? ? with Tifa, and i actually killed the 2nd Pyramid.. then Tifa died a second after, resulting in game over, like the pyramids were still there.

I seem to have given up on trying to defeat these monsters, apart from the Mt Nibel dragon, its the only monster which i come across so far which seems to be impossible to kill.
« Last Edit: 2010-12-07 19:15:53 by Kylos »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #818 on: 2010-12-08 18:25:02 »
Yeah, I kinda agree. They're almost impossible to beat as they are now. That's why I'm glad you brought it up. There are no bugs, they act as I intended, but they're broken and need to be fixed.

Kylos

• View Profile
« Reply #819 on: 2010-12-09 18:09:43 »
Yea i would love to try out your new mod when its finished, currently im stuck trying to get back out onto the world map after you lose Cloud, it keeps crashing before i manage to finish all that part off with Barret, and Tifa escaping the gas chamber.

When i can manage to carry on in my game, ill leave some more feedback :)

Kylos

• View Profile
« Reply #820 on: 2010-12-12 23:26:41 »
Ok i managed to get past the bit i was stuck on, and got out onto the world map with Tifa as leader, first place i went was Cactus Island.

I morphed one of these and got a Four Slots! I was pretty surprised but i guess a Tetra Elemental and this point would be too good, so i can see why its been done, pretty much makes Cactus Island pointless though.

I got the Curse Ring, and using this with Tifa and Powersoul is dam powerful at this level, specially combined with Deathblow and low HP, it easily breaks 9999 damage, sometimes i even got 26-30k hits with this powerful combo.

Decided to try and get a colour chocobo with Tifa, for the first time ever, normally i just wait to get Cloud back then get a Gold, but i wanted to try out some materia caves and the Ancient forest before continuing on with the story.

I got a Blue Choco, and went to the Quadra Magic cave, i noticed these mobs are really powerful, Bad Breath and L4 Suicide is a lifesaver against these, i have tried the Blue Adamantoise a few times now, and im not able to beat it, it does its Contain magic a bit too much and im just not strong enough to defend against these attacks yet.

Then i managed to get a Green choco after a lot of restarts, eventually choosing to mate my Blue with a Yellow choco, and getting the result of a Green, so i went to the Ancient Forest.

The regular mobs are pretty tough, i also ran into the Ochu, which was a pain but i got past that, then i picked up Typhon(shouldnt this be called Typhoon??) and went into the battle with the Black Clipper.

This thing is dam strong, i was doing fine until it called its pet out, and then i just could not do much.

I noticed some glitches in the bosses, which seem to be pretty big to notice.

-The adamantoise can be put to sleep, but it continues to do moves even though its asleep, after a few moves the zzZ icon disappears, you can put it back to sleep again, but it will continue to do moves anyways.
Also i noticed this Boss can be put into Mini, but this does not do anything as all its attacks are magic based anyways, i guess you should just make this immune to sleep and mini?

-The black clipper was strange to me, it kept attacking Tifa, but when she died, it started attacking itself til she was raised back up, then when it called its Pet out, it continued to attack itself even though Tifa was alive, even with this happening though, its Pet was really strong and i didn't last long anyways, needless to say this boss confuses me.

Outside Mideel is a great point to level still, which i like, only thing is now im level 70+ with all my characters now, and the Forest and the Caves seem a bit too tough, so i think i may just have to continue with the storyline and pick up some new Materia.
« Last Edit: 2010-12-12 23:29:38 by Kylos »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #821 on: 2010-12-12 23:56:34 »
-The adamantoise can be put to sleep, but it continues to do moves even though its asleep, after a few moves the zzZ icon disappears, you can put it back to sleep again, but it will continue to do moves anyways.
Also i noticed this Boss can be put into Mini, but this does not do anything as all its attacks are magic based anyways, i guess you should just make this immune to sleep and mini?

These aren't bugs. The sleep thing is a battle script, and you discovered it. The mini thing is a tease of some sort, as it doesn't help.

-The black clipper was strange to me, it kept attacking Tifa, but when she died, it started attacking itself til she was raised back up, then when it called its Pet out, it continued to attack itself even though Tifa was alive, even with this happening though, its Pet was really strong and i didn't last long anyways, needless to say this boss confuses me.

This is a bug. It shouldn't keep attacking itself. I'll look into it.
Good you discovered it.

Kylos

• View Profile
« Reply #822 on: 2010-12-13 00:56:49 »
Ah i see well i dont see the point in putting something in sleep or mini if it dont work, it might as well just be immune.

I tried to go back into the Ancient forest.. and i went against the Gi Spirits which are now there, and i had no chance against these, they are a lot stronger then the other mobs in the area, also after i did Bad Breath i noticed one of them moved, like it was floating around in the floor, it looked quite odd to me, maybe these mobs need some work, their power and death moves are ridiculous, i died twice now in the Ancient forest, once to the Typhon boss, and also once now to the new Gi's.

I decided to give up trying to do caves and the forest, and carry on with the storyline, i am currently doing the Simurg (Shouldnt these be called Simurgh? Thats what the bird is called in FFXI and other final fantasy)

I just paused it while doing this fight, it dont seem too difficult at the moment, i do think the camera is a bit too far away though, apart from that this new boss fight looks good. :)

Oh they do Angel Whisper!?? Nice move by them, you can tell these are protecting the Pheonix alright.

Ok these are quite difficult lol, i was just about to finish them off with a Hyper Jump i think(must have to kill them all at same time so they dont angel whisper) but then it crashed again :'(

Tried this again with a better strategy, managed to get down to 1 bird, and used Angermax to finish it off, then they all used Submit, was a pretty awesome fight! Good job on this

Next i tried the train fights in Mt Corel, and i totally failed lol, i did not manage to steal the Warriors Bangle, and no chance of stealing of the 3 Soldier's, if they drop anything decent i just dont think there is any time for it, i did manage to kill them but ran out of time as i got to the last fight. Guess ill have to try again lol

Something i forgot to mention before, when i got back onto the World map as Tifa, i did go back to Mt Nibel to attempt the dragon, and it was not too much of a challenge, i managed to steal a Diamond Bangle off it and got decent EXP from the battle, but something confuses me.

There is no way that you can beat this dragon at the stage where a Diamond Bangle is useful to have, therefore this battle and the strength of this monster is useless, its just more of an annoyance, i could understand if you come back later and got something decent from it (Dragon Armlet maybe?) but of course the strength of this monster will need to be balanced to the point that you can beat this and the item you get is actually useful to you, if this cant be done then i do not see a point in making this as strong as it is, it might as well drop a Diamond Bangle, be stronger then what it usually is, but is actually possible to beat when you first get to Mt Nibel.

This brings me onto another point, fights like this may just be annoyances more then rewarding, just like the monster outside Fort Condor, all it drops is an X Potion, true you could fight this later on and collect X potions, but i honestly thought i could come back later on and get a decent piece of gear or a weapon from it, but it does not so this battle was more of a disappointment then anything just like the dragon.

Onto my actual game, i did get past the train bit last night, managed to steal the Warriors Bangle (I expected this to be better then it is, seen as it can be a pain to get, and is the only one i know of you can find anywhere) and beat the 3 Soldiers (only managed to steal an Elixir off Locke, no idea what the other two will drop) with just over 2 minutes left, and i actually managaed to stop the train with less then 30 seconds on the clock.

After getting Ultima and Catastrophe, i went to Mideel and fought the Ultimate Weapon, i noticed the increased strength and new abilites, managed to steal the Curse Ring, this fight was not overly difficult but at least its more of a challenge then the original, after the painfully long cutscenes following this fight, i have just managed to get Cloud back, and this is where ill carry on right now :)
« Last Edit: 2010-12-14 00:08:51 by Kylos »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #823 on: 2010-12-14 02:14:25 »
The mob outside fort condor has a very, very hard to steal item iirc ( aka, out of 1-63, 1 ) and I think it was a precious watch.
You CAN get the warrior bangle somewhere else as well. I looked through the initial scene.bin of the hardcore mod and saw more than one warrior bangle entry.
There was also something weird about the dragon. I think it could drop megaelixirs or something.

Kylos

• View Profile
« Reply #824 on: 2010-12-14 05:00:45 »
Oh yes i remember, i did get a precious watch off that thing, only thing is that its totally useless, its got 0 defensive, 1 slot and Triple AP growth, a silver armlet is better then that junk.

As for the dragon i only fought it once, if it does drop Megaelixirs, its probably too much effort to farm them seen as its probably going to give the diamond bangle majority of the time.

I carried on with my game, managed to get my chocos to S rank, and get a Zeio Nut for when they ready to mate, i decided to try out the battle arena, i thought i would use the Warriors Bangle, but i figure its got too little Magic defense and slots for materia for it to be good enough for this.

This is where i think i might have ran into another bug, on the 3rd fight i fought the Griffon which does L2 Confu, it hit me with that and i started spinning (doesn't ribbon protect against this?) and Cloud continued to keep hitting himself for 2.5k, and would not break the confusion, although im sure usually hitting yourself during confusion cures the effect, Cloud continued to hit himself til death.. and still looked like he was spinning on the floor as the battle ended.

Has this type of confusion always been this way? Either its a bug or i am just simply not aware of this.

I can confirm that i was using a Ribbon in the fight, and i did not break my accessory before that fight occured, so the griffon should have not been able to use L2 Confu.

Also i am still getting crashes, it seems to occur randomly and is extremely annoying, i did leave a message in the tech support part of this forum but had no response yet. :(
« Last Edit: 2010-12-14 05:15:35 by Kylos »