Author Topic: [FF7PC] Unified Model Installer (Discontinued, use Bootleg)  (Read 138767 times)

Hijacker

Re: [REL] FF7 Unified Model Installer
« Reply #150 on: 2012-07-13 12:31:22 »
Updating from U02b to U03 I encountered a small problem.

Selecting both PRP and Squallff8 options under FIELD, Red XIII's model and the man on the seaplane in Costa del Sol don't update. Both were fine while I was using U02b, but are no longer after installing U03. I'm not sure if this was a small oversight when adding Kela51's Red XIII model to the installer, or not.

Regardless, Kela51's Red XIII model works when selected as expected. Just that Red XIII and the Costa del Sol man retain their original models when selecting PRP and/or Squallff8.

EDIT: Couldn't remedy the problem even with a clean install of FFVII. Also, the Chocobo carriage w/ Tifa on it (leaving for Wall Market) doesn't update either.

I ran into those problems as well with U02.  I don't use Squall's models.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2012-07-13 12:36:36 »
I know the problems exist.  I will look into them.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2012-07-23 20:04:54 »
I looked into the issues.  When i select PRP squallff8 and kela redxiii, it works fine.

try again and this time place a clean char.lgp into backup-dlpb folder before running installer.  If that does not work, I need to know exactly what changes you make compared to DLPB selection.
« Last Edit: 2012-07-23 20:23:34 by DLPB »

stormstrife

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2012-07-28 18:52:53 »
This looks like its coming out awesome, thank you. Do you have a list anywhere of what models are still missing, or do they each have a handed model atm?

Ordain

« Reply #154 on: 2012-08-06 23:41:50 »
I am having problems with the field models in the game. Cant seem to get any of them working. I am new to all of this so I may just be doing something wrong. It doesnt really seem like anything I am doing is working properly.

I personally dont mind the old graphics of the game (as I played it back when it came out) however my girl friend is new to gaming and really wants to play but cant get past the bad graphics. Any help would be really appreciated!

ProtoX

« Reply #155 on: 2012-08-11 19:34:58 »
i checked the new Red XIII battle model in Kimira96b, did the same thing with the field model and find it nothing but white model think the texures need to be reapplied before releasing it again but i dunno how to do that. if killika could do that and fix it i think everyone will be happy

Sebuzzie

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2012-08-15 15:00:08 »
I am having problems with the field models in the game. Cant seem to get any of them working. I am new to all of this so I may just be doing something wrong. It doesnt really seem like anything I am doing is working properly.

I personally dont mind the old graphics of the game (as I played it back when it came out) however my girl friend is new to gaming and really wants to play but cant get past the bad graphics. Any help would be really appreciated!

Hey there!

I'm new too, but I managed to get the field models working, at least as far as I can tell (I just started the game again so I haven't seen all the models yet)

Here's what I did.

I downloaded UMI and put it my C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Enix\FINAL FANTASY VII folder. Then when I installed it, it gave me an error that my game isn't installed correctly (I think it has to do with the fact that I have the "re-release"  of the game.)

When I had to select a destination folder I selected the C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Enix\FINAL FANTASY VII folder again.

DLPB's selection is the "standard" selection and when I used this (just clicked next) it installed the field models for me.

Right now I'm trying to install the battle models. Can't seem to find the yuffie, cait sith and cid ones, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Hope this helps.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2012-08-15 18:39:10 »
I know why it isnt updating files...  the battle.lgp location is now different with new PC.  I cannot be bothered updating it either.  I suggest you just use Kramner's New to Old converter when it comes out :)  Alternatively,

place battle.lgp inside \data\battle
place magic.lgp inside \data\battle
char.lgp inside data\field
minigame folder inside data

Then run the installer, choose folder that ff7_en.exe is in and install.  Then place the above files back to their original location.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2012-08-15 18:40:55 »
This thread is not to be used anymore to discuss the new PC game.  I do not support it.

Antonia

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2012-08-15 23:52:20 »
Hate to be a pest, but I have a request / suggestion should a future release happen at some point.

It'd be rather nice if the installer could store a user's choices once they click the install button, and upon a re-install, load that up as a "last settings" option at the top.

Reason being, it's anywhere between hard to impossible to find images of most of these models, so knowing just what you're going to get isn't easy, and it's also a bit hard to remember from one install to the next exactly which you picked last time through in order to try to get the options you're happy with.

If not, no big deal, and I certainly wouldn't go crank out a new version for this alone in any case.  Just figured I'd ask.  :)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2012-08-16 00:06:07 »
Storing user selections is virtually impossible with inno (the installer package I use) and hard with any other for that matter.  Simply isn't going to happen.  It takes you a few seconds to take the extra time to select things.  It takes me hours to make the installer.  Sorry, but no :)

I have asked numerous people to create images for this mod to aid other people.  Strangely no one has taken me up on that offer.
« Last Edit: 2012-08-16 00:08:47 by DLPB »

Antonia

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2012-08-16 00:19:05 »
Storing user selections is virtually impossible with inno (the installer package I use) and hard with any other for that matter.  Simply isn't going to happen.  It takes you a few seconds to take the extra time to select things.  It takes me hours to make the installer.  Sorry, but no :)

I have asked numerous people to create images for this mod to aid other people.  Strangely no one has taken me up on that offer.

Completely understandable.  The last serious programming I've done (not counting hacking apart game scripts in Python and the like) was in Borland TC++ 3.0, so I come from an entirely different perspective.  A feature like that would take me minutes, but then it wasn't windows based programming either.

I'll be playing around with things a lot, so if I can manage to start grabbing some images I'll work on a compilation little by little.  I'm still trying to hammer my game into a working state, but it's only a matter of time.  I be a stubborn lass.  ;)

Assuming I can get something useful for you, what format, size, etc would you prefer?

Edited to add TC version number, which was kinda required to convey just how ridiculously long it's been.
« Last Edit: 2012-08-16 00:22:02 by Antonia »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2012-08-16 00:34:44 »
 I will place the screenshots on first page and credit you if you do it. 

Format, let's say jpeg high quality setting, size?  Not sure what would be good?  640*480 max?

Antonia

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2012-08-16 00:50:02 »
OK, can do.

May take me some time.  I have no old saves lying around, so I'll inevitably have to do a full play-through and grab shots as I go, trying to create a myriad of useful save points so I can alter my models and get more shots, etc.

Also, I'm making preparations for a trip to Egypt in late September, so depending on how much more bashing on the game to make it go I have to do, that may snag things temporarily.  I will start working on this though as I'm able.  Wish I could just figure out how to look at whole models in any of the tools.  That'd really speed this up a lot, but sadly, from what I can tell most of the models are all chopped up into pieces and right now I have no clue how to assemble them anywhere useful besides in game.   :?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2012-08-16 00:59:52 »
Full playthrough not required.  Someone uploaded a save file somewhere that has a LOT of save areas all through the game.  You can always use BlackChocobo to set location.

I do not know who has that save...  Kranmer will know.  PM him :)

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
« Reply #165 on: 2012-08-16 01:14:44 »
there are a bunch of saves here just unzip them to your save folder rename as neccessary
http://www.angelfire.com/az/horf/ff7.html

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2012-08-16 01:36:57 »
For the screenshots EQ2Alyza have compiled all the screenies and that onto one thread for each and every model here:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13212.0
Well don't look at the tutorial scroll down to the Character model section and there is images links to each model next to it btw i still think it would be better if you still took the pics as some of these well aren't that great and maybe 1 or 2 is missing :P.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2012-08-16 18:40:25 »
So he has!

Nice find!

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2012-08-17 14:41:49 »
Hi Folks

I came across recently on the "Unified Model FF7 installer" and find it brilliant.
Finally the confusion with the scattered and sometimes erroneous models are cleaned up.
UMI is determined among the most important mods.

Two things I want to even notice.
The installer checks the key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\1.00\Graphics
whether Aalis driver is used.
I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
The key is with me but not used by game and ff7config.
The real key here is mine.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\1.00\Graphics

I'm using the German version of FF7.
In the mini games I have the file "Gcondor.lgp" and "GCHOCOBO.lgp"
The installer does not notice the absence of the files condor.lgp and CHOCOBO.lgp.
If I rename the files before (ie the G removed), everything works perfectly.

Greetings Kompass63

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2012-08-17 14:44:19 »
It checks both keys.  And should find one of them.  :)

I will correct the issue with the german game and those that have the letter before the name for the next release.

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2012-08-17 15:19:24 »
Thank you very much for your very quick replay ;D

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2012-08-17 15:20:29 »
I didnt realie until very recently that the file names also come with letters BEFORE the name too...  It is very stupid what they did with the foreign games.  In future you may be able to just use my game converter and play with the english set up and english exe (translated).

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2012-08-17 15:29:01 »
Yes, the project I've also discovered.

One more question. I played to reactor 1 without Custom Driver.
Are there any models that absolutely require the Custom Driver?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2012-08-17 15:32:01 »
Shouldn't be... since this is all about Models.  That's why this works with new ff7.

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2012-08-17 15:37:36 »
Could we not then replace the query by Aalis driver with a message that it looks better with Aalis driver?