Author Topic: Who is your most annoying enemy in FF?  (Read 26995 times)

King Mod

• View Profile
Re: Who is your most annoying enemy in FF?
« Reply #25 on: 2006-09-13 22:07:26 »
My most hated Enemy is from my most hated game FFX-2 What a Joke Sullyin the good name Of FFX. But anyway its gotta be Angra Mainyu.

Asdayasman13

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006-09-13 22:10:49 »
What 'bout those huuuge dribbly worms in X?  Not particularly hard, but takes aaages...

James

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006-09-15 07:04:59 »
That goofball Kefka from III/VI

Everytime I fought him in that tunnel on the minecart (if I'm not mistaken), my game would freeze.

The SNES cart did it, and then the freaking Playstation disc did it.

zaphod77

• View Profile
    • Super Сasual Dating Real Women
« Reply #28 on: 2006-09-19 07:16:58 »
The Magcians in the ice cave in the original FF. who killed you in one hit regardless of protective accessories that should stop instant death attacks. having a total party wipe because thye went first is NO FUN at all.

Asdayasman13

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006-09-19 10:06:12 »
I'd personally regard that as a challenge.

Kashmir

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006-09-19 11:57:53 »
That goofball Kefka from III/VI

Everytime I fought him in that tunnel on the minecart (if I'm not mistaken), my game would freeze.

The SNES cart did it, and then the freaking Playstation disc did it.

Kefka.... ahh the good old days of when the bad guys were actually insane, not just missunderstood educated military men with a message to get across to the public that involves blowing up new york to do so... only to turn good at the end when they are lossing the fight to end up been ended buried with a 12gun military heros salute.

My most hated monsters are any that are killed in one move.
- Battle Swirle, 2.0 seconds
- Fight, 0.5 seconds
- victory screen, 5.0 seconds             ..... i think you see what im gettin at there

popinman

« Reply #31 on: 2007-02-18 23:30:56 »
hey all am new here just thought since this site is helping me nd i have no way of repaying it id be a participant in something (ps awesome site tho I'm rubbish at navigating these things)

:? no else has mentioned frogs (or toads or whatever they r) those annoying Lil git's that turn up in teams of 6 and hold u in a frog form for like 10 minutes u have to watch there weak ass laughing at u like ha now u'r a frog like us nd now, now I'm gunna sit here nd do jack till u change back coz i know i cant actually beat u or anything (I'm like grrrr u mu**t**F**k@s will get it when i wake up

well while I'm here i know this is a bit cheeky bu i have prob with vid files if its not against the rules (i don't think it is) cud sumone point me to the relevent post please am having the best runthrough of FFVII in my life nd the dam thing keeps crashing. (i got beta right at the start and all my characters are at L3 breaker limit nd i'm just at rocket ship)

thankQ

well sorry didn't know u guys were so particular for spellings (happen to be dyslexic myself so its never gunna be perfect) wasn't asking for a answer tho not reserecting simply asking where i can go to poke the old dead corpseohh this topic kk i get u now u can delete or whatever

pps thanxs for being nice but u cud have helped me since u took the time to insult me any way
« Last Edit: 2007-02-19 09:29:40 by popinman »

Jari

« Reply #32 on: 2007-02-19 00:26:57 »
See that button labeled 'Spell Check' in the posting window?

Care to take a guess at what it does?

EDIT: Not to mention that you went and resurrected a dead topic, I should just delete your post, but instead I'll be really nice and educate you: rules, consult them if you want to stay.
« Last Edit: 2007-02-19 00:28:54 by Jari »

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007-02-19 11:09:03 »
So other people here who are dyslexic can type fine, and correct their own spellings, yet you can't?

Thats called lazyness, not dyslexia.

On topic, Im with Mark on this one, Demon Gate always raped me on my first couple of playthroughs.

Then I realised I was underleveled, and always powered up my party before it >_>
« Last Edit: 2007-02-19 11:10:51 by James Pond »

Turc

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007-02-19 11:11:57 »
I think the enemy from FF that has given me the most trouble has always been that annoying Warmech. Using my very last health potion, my party barely clinging on to life, I'm one step away from talking to Tiamat's orb. All of a sudden, Warmech pops up, and one NUCLEAR later and my entire party is toast, their corpses 2000 half-lives away from being buriable in the graveyard of Light Warriors.

Good thing the game designers didn't misspell Warmech's attack NUCULEAR. People would probably sue Squaresoft over it...
« Last Edit: 2007-02-22 05:28:56 by Turc »

Samurai Snack

« Reply #35 on: 2007-03-08 04:52:01 »
The Malboro/Great Malboro from FFX.

Those things can kill Yuna. My Yuna can kill the last boss in a total of 3 hits [minor spoiler]across his 2 forms[/minor spoiler] with normal attacks yet Yuna still dies from Malboros.

LeDouche

« Reply #36 on: 2007-03-22 23:24:25 »
Pshhh definitely the Dark Flan (or whatever it's name is) from the Monster Arena in FFX.

I'm the type of person who has to max out my chars' stats so I have to kill that thing a million times to get all the Magic Sphere Modes or whatever, then delete the ones on the sphere grid and replace them with the better ones...

that thing is easy to kill with my Anima aeon but damn it takes too long.

Ace266

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007-04-05 08:25:58 »
Across multiple final fantasy games I'd have to go with the Malboro species, so many ownzies......

although I have aquired a distaste for dragons after playing FFIII DS.....

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007-04-05 12:49:03 »
When FF7 first came out i was 7, and i remember on my first playthrough that bloody materia keeper got me so many times i cant remeber. Ok imagine you've just aquired th secret character vincent for the first time and your all pumped up, your making your way through Mt nibel going "wow this is where it all went down".
You see some weird blue blocky thing on the screen you save first just to make sure, then you approach and the battle begins after being trined for the umpteenth time
vincent's limit break appears and your ready to pawn, only to realize the bastard absorbs fire. So while you've got two characters trying to kill it you've got one restoring 1000+ every turn plus he can use cure 2, so on and on it goes so u try killing vincent only to be trined into oblivion by that stupid bloody thing.... Man that brings up alot of bad memories :-(. I hate that thing so much so very much..

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007-04-05 20:06:42 »
I swear you can get a ring that absorbs lightening attacks well before that fight.

Ace266

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007-04-05 22:05:00 »
also theres a materia that can reduce or even negate the element by this point in the game as well...

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007-04-05 22:42:20 »
Well i was seven at the time it's not like i ever went round looking for things but as far as i remember in the Australian version there was'nt a materia or ring to negate this correct me if I'm wrong.

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007-04-09 13:25:33 »
Oh, BTW. Malboros are pretty pathetic in FF12.
They are little monsters about the same height as your players and the Bad Breath spell misses 70% of the time. There are upgraded versions in most other dungeons but there is one variety that is called "Vivien" and this Malboro is easy except when it's Breath hits - you get hit with every damn status including a new one called Desease that actually stops you from curing yourself and reduces your Max HP in line with the damage you receive until you are like 1/1 HP even after you revive the player...

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007-04-23 21:41:31 »
I hate Marlboros too. Especially in FFVIII on islands of Hell (don't know if it's the correct name) .

DarthMarasmus

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007-06-14 00:32:40 »
You know, I don't think I actually had any trouble with the Materia Keeper.  No, the enemies that really chapped my arse were the imps in FF8 and the Master Tonberries in 7, I don't like it when a stupid monster casts Holy on me as it dies and the stupid Tonberries always seem to kill somebody with "Everybody's Grudge" just before they get there with the knife and really ruin your day.

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007-06-14 07:12:10 »
See, I had no problems with Materia Keeper either, I just tankedo n through him... :S

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007-06-14 11:50:09 »
I WAS 7 DAMMIT GIMME A BREAK..*cries in corner*
No but yeah when I was that age I never leveled my character up, just basically ran through it killing as little as possible then dying 10-15 times before killing a boss :-P.
So technically thats more of a challenge considering I completed the game on lower than average levels right?

yoshi314

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007-06-16 18:10:28 »
the most annoying enemy i remember was an enemy in battle arena in ff5 or ff6 , that would use "Snort" and blow all my characters away from battle.

basically every enemy that can _permanently_ put out your characters from battle by ejecting/shattering/eating or blowing/kicking them away is quite annoying (e.g. those kicking robots in ffx, or petrify+shatter attack in ffx some bosses use)

also yans from ff9 and that incredibly annoying jars (whatever they're called) from sunken cave in ffx .
« Last Edit: 2007-06-16 18:13:00 by yoshi314 »

Darkness

• View Profile
    • http://www.x0r.net
« Reply #48 on: 2007-06-29 07:13:46 »
Goblin Smithys in Yhoator (FFXI). Nothing comes close.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #49 on: 2007-07-03 17:15:29 »
The hardest malboros are in FFVIII cause it's kinda hard to block all kinds of status effects on all in that game. And it's a slow death if you get caught of guard.

The most annoying enemy... Any easy enemy with too much HP is always annoying.