Author Topic: Any way to use these shaders with the PC FFs?  (Read 3129 times)

Kashmir

• View Profile
Re: Any way to use these shaders with the PC FFs?
« Reply #1 on: 2006-10-01 03:32:17 »
You can do them with a GeForce very easily... just go into your video card options, there is a shaders + custom shaders options in there somewhere.

Ive not the slightest idea how to do it on a ati although.

*edit
ATI Tray Tools, has options for shader effects. custom ones can be added for opengl apps but you can only choose out of a handle full for direct x
« Last Edit: 2006-10-01 04:59:52 by Kashmir »

skyhopper88

« Reply #2 on: 2006-10-01 20:57:20 »
I'm not seeing it, running a 7900GT with latest forceWare. Looked in rivatuner too. I swear I'm blind.

Cazador

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006-10-01 22:47:46 »
I don't see them either

I'm using a 6200 with the lastest forceware

Kashmir

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006-10-02 05:17:52 »
Yeah my mistake,
it used to be ATI video cards (not GeForce) that allowed you to use shaders but for some reason the ability to use them has been removed from most of the latest drivers. Im running modified drivers + ATI tray tools which gives you the options but they still dont work. The only way i can think of getting them to work again is to downgrade them, which i dont want to do.

*edit

Well i downgraded to Catalist 5.1 drivers to see if they would work. And they do, but there is no effects worth downgrading for... basically you have the choice of black & white or classic (gold looking black & white). And the good effects such as Stylise, sharpen & emboss are only available for opengl apps, so they dont work for D3D apps like final fantasy.

I also noticed that trueform is another feature also no longer supported, not that it matters ive never seen it work on a single game.
« Last Edit: 2006-10-02 07:25:02 by Kashmir »

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006-10-04 07:52:22 »
Yea most of the PSX GPU plugins (mostly of the PETE variety) allow you to use custom pixel shaders.
A shame they cannot be used generally like you can use effects when watching videos (if you use FFdshow etc) or audio.