Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4836799 times)

Alfarjamie

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.3)
« Reply #850 on: 2015-03-13 10:30:35 »
well ive been streaming this mod daily on twitch hopefully it will be updated by the time i get to disc 3 then lol

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #851 on: 2015-03-13 10:41:12 »
I am at the end of disc 1 so no problem for me but i can understand you and i hope too this coming this week :)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: 2015-03-13 15:44:36 »
The Ultimate Weapons aren't missable in any case, same with the other stuff added in for 1.3. Wherever you are in your run, they should all still be obtainable.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #853 on: 2015-03-13 20:44:43 »
hey sega chief

just a quick question, is there anyway you could add ultros as a boss on your ff7 NT mod?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: 2015-03-13 22:29:50 »
Could be tricky, but we'll see.

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #855 on: 2015-03-13 23:18:50 »
Ultros :D
I saw in videos that in nt there is special battle with special music (like ultimecia music in dark cave), i use an anxious mod music, with this mod activate are thoose special music still here or have i to desactivate my music's mod to have thoose special music in thoose secial battles?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: 2015-03-13 23:23:21 »
The music used is still the normal tracks so it should work fine; it might be that the video had been given different music in editing (if it's LCP's vids then that's definitely the case, he heavily edits his videos).

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #857 on: 2015-03-14 12:45:21 »
hey Sega chief

after you beat the crab in the dark cave sidequest

when you get into a random battle battle, the boss music plays insted of the regular random battle music

can you fix that problem please

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #858 on: 2015-03-14 13:32:33 »
Ah okay, well i suggest you when tou have the tie for to make your own play list for your mod (for example put ff8 battle boss for the boss, ff9 battle random for random´s battle, take music from other game lile chrono cross for replacing music in ff7...) that's could be funny :p

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: 2015-03-14 15:31:19 »
hey Sega chief

after you beat the crab in the dark cave sidequest

when you get into a random battle battle, the boss music plays insted of the regular random battle music

can you fix that problem please

I forgot about that; it's easy enough to fix so I'll include it whenever the next update goes out.

Ah okay, well i suggest you when tou have the tie for to make your own play list for your mod (for example put ff8 battle boss for the boss, ff9 battle random for random´s battle, take music from other game lile chrono cross for replacing music in ff7...) that's could be funny :p

Could do that, I guess. But it would have to be a strictly optional thing. There was a way to get rotating BGM like in N7 for more tracks, but I've no idea how that was accomplished; it was an .exe hack, I think.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: 2015-03-14 17:08:52 »
Could do that, I guess. But it would have to be a strictly optional thing. There was a way to get rotating BGM like in N7 for more tracks, but I've no idea how that was accomplished; it was an .exe hack, I think.

You can do that with 7H. If we know the var for the battle it would be quite easy to replace music by a specific battle. I have already looked for interesting music to enhance a few scenes.

Speaking of enhancements:
Instead of fighting against Zack/Zax why not figth with him against the Shinra soldiers like in CC?
I have made already the battle model of him... I don't wan't to go into the details here but in the end Cloud will learn Omnislash from this memory.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: 2015-03-14 17:29:11 »
You can do that with 7H. If we know the var for the battle it would be quite easy to replace music by a specific battle. I have already looked for interesting music to enhance a few scenes.

The battles have vars?

Speaking of enhancements:
Instead of fighting against Zack/Zax why not figth with him against the Shinra soldiers like in CC?
I have made already the battle model of him... I don't wan't to go into the details here but in the end Cloud will learn Omnislash from this memory.

Not a bad idea, would be more interesting than the 1v1 I've got at the moment.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #862 on: 2015-03-14 22:57:15 »
hey sega chief

is there anyway you could lower the price on the gold saucer lifetime pass please

thanks

cicadian

• View Profile
« Reply #863 on: 2015-03-15 16:03:55 »
http://www.twitch.tv/cicadian/c/6326513

bug report: beat super saver boss, decided to talk to the shop anyways, game soft locked

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: 2015-03-15 16:27:39 »
Looks like a countdown timer interfered with it; I'll restore that scene to an earlier version and block access to the stores for the event it's related to.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #865 on: 2015-03-15 16:29:28 »
hey

is there anyway i could lower the price of the gold saucer lifetime pass on your ff7 NT mod

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: 2015-03-15 16:48:57 »
I suppose so.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #867 on: 2015-03-15 16:50:16 »
hey sega chief

how can i lower the price then

what program do i need to download to do that

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #868 on: 2015-03-15 17:41:40 »
Hey,
i just beat jenova death, but cloud and aerith have still their 1.2 limits is it normal?
In other way, tifa have already her 3.1 limit
i'm still in nt 1.2, maybe do you change that in 1.3?

indrema

• View Profile
« Reply #869 on: 2015-03-15 17:43:20 »
After install March scene hotfix I cant spell recovery magic anymore. The materia are correctly configurate but are not usable in game or in menu.

Lionsmane

• View Profile
« Reply #870 on: 2015-03-15 18:34:21 »
Hey Sega I'm loving the mod so far,

Do you have any news on when the iro for 1.3 should be ready? I just left Midgar and don't want to miss too much of your updates from 1.2 to 1.3

Thanks

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: 2015-03-15 18:51:08 »
The .IRO is handled by Alyza in her catalog; last I heard was that there was a problem getting Reunion's translated script to compile properly on it but because Touph Script doesn't have error-handling I've no idea what the actual problem is that needs to be fixed, just that it crashes when it reaches certain field screens.

After install March scene hotfix I cant spell recovery magic anymore. The materia are correctly configurate but are not usable in game or in menu.

Someone had this problem recently, it appears that using certain spell orders can cause them to vanish from menus. Try using the default spell order setting for now while I look into getting it fixed/setting it back to normal.

Hey,
i just beat jenova death, but cloud and aerith have still their 1.2 limits is it normal?
In other way, tifa have already her 3.1 limit
i'm still in nt 1.2, maybe do you change that in 1.3?

It's normal, but I should probably change it. When I was looking at ways to 'balance' limit breaks without the .exe patch, the only thing that came to mind was adjusting how much HP damage is required to fill the gauge and adjusting how many kills are needed to learn each Limit level. Unfortunately, I've probably set the count for Cloud and Aeris too high, but I think I reduced it again for 1.3.

hey sega chief

how can i lower the price then

what program do i need to download to do that

You need Makou Reactor. Download the program and then right-click on the program's .exe and set it to run as Admin. Then open the game's flevel (located in the field folder) and go to field 496 (called 'gldst'). The Group NPC No. 15, called 's1' has the gold ticket price. Click on her talk script, and then click 'expand the tree' to show the entire script. Go to line 65 (should be blue) and double-click it; change that 30,000 to whatever price you want and click OK. The next thing to change is line 72; double-click this and change that 30,000 to your new price as well.

The dialog will read the same (30,000) but mechanically the game will check for and extract the new price. Click the save icon and hopefully it should save the changes.
« Last Edit: 2015-03-15 19:29:58 by Sega Chief »

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #872 on: 2015-03-15 19:32:09 »
About 1.3 message from alyza :
I wanted to get Reunion Beacause to work with New Threat and all the other gameplay mods, but I'm having difficulty getting the battle scenes to show the correct encounters. I think I'm going to put this project on hold and keep working on that for another update down the road. So you should see the Catalog update as soon as this weekend.
Weekend passed but no news, but it seems that 1.3 will coming in a couple of days in the catalog now :)

Thx for answer about limits, hope i will unlock fast limits for cloud and aerith now lol, and hope that you reduce kills needed for unlocking in 1.3 :p
In other hand, my tifa is at 3.1 limit and she fuck all bosses as hell x)

About some character, are there still useless in end game with their limits ?
(Vincent is uncontrolable, red 13 have only 5 hits dmmage and caith sith´s roulet is useless too in my opinion in end game)

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #873 on: 2015-03-15 19:37:30 »
Oh an other question :
I still have lvl 2 materia fire earth... Is it as difficult as in 1.2 to get lvl 3 materia in 1.3?

Gatchaman

• View Profile
Re: [REL/FF7] New Threat Mod v1.1
« Reply #874 on: 2015-03-15 19:43:02 »
(Old quote, I know) ;)

-) Great Glacier: Fixed an issue with the map recording/recalling group Cloud's position/direction rather than party leader #0. Fixed that and Snow's turn script to face party leader BUT found an interesting issue on the World Map. If Cid or Tifa are behind Icicle Inn and they approach, the game has a script to 'bounce' them away and prevent entry. Sort of same thing with Great Glacier, it just blocks access when either these two are displayed on the world map. It can be fixed by PHSing Cloud in as he'll replaced either on the world map but this could be a problem for the period of time when he's missing. So gonna fix that up.

Just popped in to say this caught me out- wandering around with Tifa as party leader doing odd stuff [[EDIT]: Cloud is in the lifestream, this wasn't clear when I first wrote this], decided to go back to Great Glacier to get the materia I'd left behind, and I managed to ignore the villager's warning about not going boarding, and do it anyway (as Cloud). The bouncy wall stopped me from getting back to Icicle Inn on the way back. I was able to enter the Glacier through boarding, obviously, but once I left I couldn't get back inside. (Holzoff did successfully stop me from going up to the Cliff, though)
Luckily I've been keeping regular saves, so this wasn't a big problem!
« Last Edit: 2015-03-15 19:47:38 by Gatchaman »