Author Topic: G-Bike style new model  (Read 3457 times)

FF7GBIKE

• View Profile
G-Bike style new model
« on: 2023-07-06 13:08:42 »

Hello everyone.

In order to reproduce the design of Mr. Tetsuya Nomura's G bike in a 3D model,
I have been making
Not all characters are complete yet.

Beta release in phases here.

Cloud has some weapons incomplete.
Also, since this is my first time creating and releasing mods, there may be some flaws.

When it comes to 3D models, I don't know the optimal number of polygons, so
The data may be a little larger, but that's just a guess.
I would like everyone to use it anyway and let me know what you think.

Thank you very much for your support.

https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy7/mods/85

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/9yuvs3zqzvx10zfbz29pw/Cait-Sith-add.iro?rlkey=ijtguxobym0paajesxwmeyr5v&dl=0

« Last Edit: 2024-01-04 13:48:10 by FF7GBIKE »

markul

• View Profile
Re: G-Bike style new model
« Reply #1 on: 2023-07-07 09:25:48 »
Oh, looks very much like the avatar image! Good work! How many characters have you been able to create in this style??
« Last Edit: 2023-07-07 09:30:22 by markul »

FF7GBIKE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2023-07-08 03:11:29 »
thank you!
Currently, Cloud, Tifa, and Yuffie
Almost completed.

The concern is the increased polygon count, as mentioned above.
In particular, Yuffie, who has many accessories, has increased considerably.

If you are doing convincing modeling, the amount of data will inevitably increase.

In my environment, there is currently no change in the speed of the game itself when these three characters are added, but I feel that it is slow when opening the menu screen.

I would like to know if the same phenomenon occurs on other people's PC environments, so I'm thinking of distributing Tifa and Yuffie as a beta.

However, in the final version, it may be possible to work on low-poly.

So I will add Tifa and Yuffie!

P.S. Tifa and Yuffie have been added!
« Last Edit: 2023-07-08 03:38:50 by FF7GBIKE »

markul

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2023-07-08 17:52:50 »
Tifa and yuffie models , seems to be also very good. I see a lot of work in the models.
Mmmm i think that if there is not too many models loaded at the same time, its not going to be a problem ,probably.If the models are only for the batlles i dont think that the game could slow down. This is something that other modders that work a lot with models could help you (like Kaldarasha or Ninostyle).

One advice, not about the models ,but about how you are sharing the files of the  mod. Think that users are lazy xD so if you can give them a fast way to install your models more people will use it.
 You have alternatives like use programs that let you create installers (for example to put your battle.lgp modified directly in the folder of FF7)  or create your own installer(if you have prgramming knowledge),decompiling the battle.lgp insert your models and compile it again, also you can pack the mod in .IRO format, but with that the models can only be use it in 7th Heaven, and i dont think that you want that....or is it?

In any case, its a great work, keep going like that ;)

FF7GBIKE

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2023-07-11 14:01:21 »
thank you!
I want many people to enjoy it, so I want to upload it in various formats.
I live in Japan, so I can't play 7th heaven in Japanese, but I had it installed on my PC quite some time ago.
When I tried to create an iro format file and introduced it earlier, Cloud was reflected, but Tifa and Yuffie were not reflected... :-\
Hmm, I'll try a few different things, but it's an area I'm not good at... :'(
I'll try to do my best
« Last Edit: 2023-07-11 14:32:18 by FF7GBIKE »

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2023-07-13 09:11:15 »
Congratulations on your first official release, FF/GBIKE!

I see lots of love in the models you created.

Please keep up the good work there!

markul

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2023-07-13 20:23:30 »
thank you!
I want many people to enjoy it, so I want to upload it in various formats.
I live in Japan, so I can't play 7th heaven in Japanese, but I had it installed on my PC quite some time ago.
Aaaaah, i see. Its weird that until today there is no Japanese compatibility  :( .
When I tried to create an iro format file and introduced it earlier, Cloud was reflected, but Tifa and Yuffie were not reflected... :-\
Hmm, I'll try a few different things, but it's an area I'm not good at... :'(
I'll try to do my best
Reflected? Like the model was inverted?Weird.
Well if you want i can prepare you an .IRO ,and always you want you can extract the files and modify them every time you want to add more models.
Also , maybe i can help you with an installer for non 7th heaven FF7. If i have time i will share something for that.

FF7GBIKE

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2023-07-15 02:03:17 »
Congratulations on your first official release, FF/GBIKE!

I see lots of love in the models you created.

Please keep up the good work there!
thank you!
It took a lot of time, including the creation period, but I managed to release it!
It's still a prototype, and Cloud's weapons and the details of the textures of some models are rough, but I'm glad I managed to release it.
.Reflected? Like the model was inverted?Weird.
Well if you want i can prepare you an .IRO ,and always you want you can extract the files and modify them every time you want to add more models.
Also , maybe i can help you with an installer for non 7th heaven FF7. If i have time i will share something for that.
yes. I tried many things,
In the place of "my mod", the file name attached to the self-made iro. and the preview image are displayed, but when you start it, the battle model is in a vanilla state and the installation fails. :-(

Other mods were all successful after introducing various UIs, battles, field models, etc.

I'm replying while using a translation site, so I'm sorry if I misunderstood the meaning.

If I provide all the data I need, would you be willing to help me create the data for upload instead?

In the past few months, I've been researching how to create files, and I've been struggling with making the blade part of the Ultima weapon transparent, so the modeling work hasn't progressed.

If you can help me with the data creation part for distribution
It is very helpful and I would like to request

markul

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2023-07-15 12:22:38 »
Dont worry, im Spanish , if i dont understand well what you say or you dont understand what i say, its good to ask  xD
Well i prepared you 2 files:
IRO for 7th Heaven: https://www.mediafire.com/file/3hxskn94selc5o2/GBIKE_Models_Mod.iro/file
Model Installer(Non 7th Heaven): https://www.mediafire.com/file/8gc9vwalb640bkz/FF7_Model_Installer.rar/file

With the .iro you have all the folder and configs prepared. If you decompile the .IRO with the 7th Heaven, you can see all the folders and the configuration file, so you can modify and add more models ,always you want.

The Model Installer, is something that i did some years ago for my own model mod, i simplidied the program, it should work on steam versions of the game(tested on windows 7), there is a configuration in the program to let you select the folder of the FF7 where is installed ,by default is the folder of the Steam FF7.There is a compatibility options for NT 1.5 and 2.0, by default the installation is for FF7 vanilla . When you want to upload your models to the game , only need to push the button of the menu ,and wait until the process finish.
I dont know if it works in the japanese PC version(never saw the files or folder structure), i tried to buy it in the past, but the web of Square Enix dont let you pay with non japanese credit cards xD
The program let you add more models ,if you add some configurations and some files, iy you want to use the program and add more models i could explain you how to do it.

I made a quick test with both files ,and should work.

EDIT: Also, i put your model of Cloud to modify the model of Cloud in the final battle with Sephiroth. Let me know when you download the files to remove them:/

« Last Edit: 2023-07-15 15:11:57 by markul »

FF7GBIKE

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2023-07-16 02:45:54 »
thank you! !
It was a part that I was worried about so far, so I was at a loss, so it was really helpful. :-D
When I saw the folder structure of iro., I was surprised that it was completely different from the one I made.
I was really surprised that the installer you made yourself was also very well done.
I would like to make full use of it when updating data and releasing data.

I made a quick test with both files ,and should work.

oh!
Just seeing your mods installed alongside other  mods is exciting!
wonderful!
EDIT: Also, i put your model of Cloud to modify the model of Cloud in the final battle with Sephiroth. Let me know when you download the files to remove them:/
oh i forgot. Only the final battle in the original version used a slightly elaborated model.
I forgot to think that I should do it later. Instead, it seems that he took the trouble to add the data, which was rather helpful. thank you.

P.S. As for the current data, only the Ultima Weapon has a small weapon size.
It was difficult to adjust the size of the weapon while checking the transparency of the blade, so I checked with an approximate size and forgot to correct the size when uploading it, so I uploaded it as it was.
« Last Edit: 2023-07-16 02:52:34 by FF7GBIKE »

markul

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2023-07-16 08:47:20 »
Its nothing  ,good to know that this help you :)
Oh, well thats a good moment to you to try to update the files. In the IRO yo will see that there is 2 folders with your models for every characters (battle and battle.lgp) update the new changes in both and thats all , the other folders  like char.lgp are for the field maps, if in the future you want to try to create them.

For the installer, the files to update, for Cloud, are in this folder : FF7 Model Installer\Recursos\batalla\v1\cloud\battle.lgp  . With that should be enough.
If you want to add more models for the other characters , you will need to prepare some things:
1- There is a config file called "Seleccion.xml" . Right now yo will see this in the file:
<AerisCuerpo Value="0" />
    <BarretCuerpo Value="0" />
    <CidCuerpo Value="0" />
    <CloudCuerpo Value="1" />
    <CaitCuerpo Value="0" />
    <RedCuerpo Value="0" />
    <TifaCuerpo Value="1" />
    <VincentCuerpo Value="0" />
    <YuffieCuerpo Value="1" />
Cloud, Tifa and Yuffie has the value 1 , that means that the selection by default (when you open the program)its gonna be the first new model  loaded for them, value 0 is for the original FF7 model.

2- There is a config file called "Configuracion.xml"  . Every "<BloqueConfig>"  in the file ,its a model. For example:
 For Cloud:
This represents the original model.
<BloqueConfig>
      <NumeroConfig Value="0"/>
      <Pestaña Value="Cloud"/>
      <Tipo Value="Cuerpo"/>
      <Nombre Value="Original"/>
      <Imagen Value="Imagenes\Cuerpo\batCloud0.png"/>
      <Ficheros Value="Recursos\batalla\v0\cloud"/>
      <Batalla Value="1"/>
      <Mapa Value="1"/>
      <MinijuegoMoto Value="0"/>
      <MinijuegoChocobo Value="0"/>
      <TipoConfig Value="3"/>

</BloqueConfig>

This is the config for your new model.
   <BloqueConfig>
      <NumeroConfig Value="1"/> // new config number, if you add other model for Cloud, the number should be 2.
      <Pestaña Value="Cloud"/>
      <Tipo Value="Cuerpo"/>
      <Nombre Value="FF7 G-BIKE"/>  //Name for the selection
      <Imagen Value="Imagenes\Cuerpo\batCloud.gif"/>  //Image path (I made the images in the Kimera program by Borde)
      <Ficheros Value="Recursos\batalla\v1\cloud"/> //folder for the files of your new model
      <Batalla Value="1"/>
      <Mapa Value="1"/>
      <MinijuegoMoto Value="0"/>
      <MinijuegoChocobo Value="0"/>
      <TipoConfig Value="1"/>

</BloqueConfig>
 3- The folders with all the data are in : Imagenes(Images for the selections) and Recursos(data of the models)  . You will see that Barret and Vincent has more folders, thats because they have more models ,so i separate them in folders.

With this you should be able to add more models for the others characters

FF7GBIKE

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2023-08-16 12:18:35 »
Thank you for letting me know how to update the file.
I've been busy lately and haven't had much time.

However, since Aerith is complete, I will put off the creation of the weapon and add Aerith for the time being.

7th heaven was able to be installed, but what, Aerith is going into the ground!

I would like to know if the same thing happens in other environments.

Then when I created the lgp file and installed it, Aerith didn't go into the ground. I was a little relieved.

Finally, I installed it for Steam, but the Steam version is not sold in Japan, so I can't confirm the installation.

Also, the other problem is that I uploaded the zipped installer, but for some reason the link didn't work.
I don't understand why I can't download.

It would be great if you could let me know if it works!

Once Aerith's weapons are finished, Barrett will be next!
« Last Edit: 2023-08-16 12:35:57 by FF7GBIKE »

markul

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2023-08-17 07:04:42 »
Thank you for letting me know how to update the file.
I've been busy lately and haven't had much time.

However, since Aerith is complete, I will put off the creation of the weapon and add Aerith for the time being.

7th heaven was able to be installed, but what, Aerith is going into the ground!
I would like to know if the same thing happens in other environments.

¿Uh? Thats strange. You put all the files of the Aerith model in the two folders(Battle.lgp and battle) and add the lines for Aerith in the configuration file? If you want put here a link to see the mod compiled with the changes you made  to see what happens or by private message.

Finally, I installed it for Steam, but the Steam version is not sold in Japan, so I can't confirm the installation.

Also, the other problem is that I uploaded the zipped installer, but for some reason the link didn't work.
I don't understand why I can't download.

It would be great if you could let me know if it works!

Once Aerith's weapons are finished, Barrett will be next!
You upload the program with the new changes, but when you uploaded dont let you to download your own file?

FF7GBIKE

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2023-08-20 14:02:37 »
In my PC environment, if I use 7th Heaven, Aerith will go to the ground. :|

The iro data for 7th Heaven has been updated and uploaded
I'm curious if other people will use it and see if Aerith will dive on the ground.

It may be a problem of the file hosting site that the installer cannot be uploaded, so I will try it on another site at a later date.

Hey Aerith! That's the ground! No holes! ;D

markul

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2023-08-20 18:40:23 »
In my PC environment, if I use 7th Heaven, Aerith will go to the ground. :|

The iro data for 7th Heaven has been updated and uploaded
I'm curious if other people will use it and see if Aerith will dive on the ground.

It may be a problem of the file hosting site that the installer cannot be uploaded, so I will try it on another site at a later date.

Hey Aerith! That's the ground! No holes! ;D

xD Poor Aeris, the game wants her underground ASAP!
I guess its an animation problem, delete the rvda files in the .IRO,  that should work O_o
Well, the files **da you dont need to put it in the .IRO (if you put it maybe could cause incompatibilities with the 60 FPS mod :/)
EDIT: For the installer, are you uploading it compressed as ,for example .rar ,right?
« Last Edit: 2023-08-20 18:44:15 by markul »

FF7GBIKE

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2023-08-21 14:01:01 »
xD Poor Aeris, the game wants her underground ASAP!
I guess its an animation problem, delete the rvda files in the .IRO,  that should work O_o
Well, the files **da you dont need to put it in the .IRO (if you put it maybe could cause incompatibilities with the 60 FPS mod :/)
EDIT: For the installer, are you uploading it compressed as ,for example .rar ,right?

Oh, Aerith no longer dives into the ground!
thank you!

Originally, when using 7th Heaven, the speed of the battle animation was a bit strange, but I finally found the cause!

I re-linked the iro data from which the da file was deleted to the top again.

I uploaded the installer to dopbox in the form of ZIP?
It's a state where the page can be seen or not depending on the browser and the page freezes.

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2023-08-24 11:54:06 »
Really like your, models!

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2023-08-30 15:39:59 »
I was skeptical about this when I first saw Cloud, but this is really coming together!  Excellent work!

FF7GBIKE

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2023-09-20 14:00:03 »
Really like your, models!
Thank you! What I'm aiming for with this model is an atmosphere somewhere between the original and the remake, and I've been making a lot of them and am finally getting the feel for it!
I was skeptical about this when I first saw Cloud, but this is really coming together!  Excellent work!
Thank you! 
I'm currently making Barret's weapon!
I think we will be able to distribute the barret soon!
As for other characters, I drew new illustrations for those that didn't have illustrations. The rough illustrations are hand-drawn, but they are complete.

FF7GBIKE

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2023-10-26 13:36:14 »
Now that the Barret is complete, I will release it.
The original design had a fairly deformed body shape, so we paid the most attention to modifying Barrett's body shape.

Many of the weapons came in a wide variety of shapes, and it took much more time than I imagined.

To be honest, I feel like I managed to make it all the way to release.

Let me explain a little bit about what I'm currently working on.
Currently modeling Red 13. I drew an avatar image just in case.
Red 13 has no weapon modeling, so it will probably be completed the earliest...

FF7GBIKE

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2023-11-26 12:11:43 »
Red 13 has been completed.
Since there was no weapon modeling, it was quick to complete.

This is a comparison with the avatar image I drew myself.
It took me quite a while to draw the illustration.

Currently, I'm working on making Aerith's weapons, which I've been putting off.

Once that's done, I'll make Cait Sith.
Cait Sith is also a character that can be easily created, but since you have to draw him from an avatar illustration, the time it takes to draw him is a bit of a hassle...

But I'll try my best

« Last Edit: 2023-11-26 14:57:26 by FF7GBIKE »

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2023-12-08 19:22:21 »
Like the Red XIII preview, while I am less convinced by Barret's.

Still following your progress here with great interest, FF7GBIKE!

Keep up the excellent work.

FF7GBIKE

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2024-01-03 12:15:20 »
Like the Red XIII preview, while I am less convinced by Barret's.

Still following your progress here with great interest, FF7GBIKE!

Keep up the excellent work.
 Thanks!! It's sometimes difficult to stay motivated when working for a long time, but knowing that there are a few people looking forward to this work makes me want to try a little harder!

Cait Sith is completed!
Next up is Vincent! I think I'll be obsessed with FF7 Rebirth for a while when it comes out, so I want to finish Vincent by then! !

« Last Edit: 2024-01-03 12:42:14 by FF7GBIKE »

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2024-01-05 20:27:25 »
Cath Sith looks great!

Very nice job there, FF7GBIKE!

Kniouky

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2024-04-04 04:14:46 »
Is there any chance to see them as field model too ?  :-D

Also can you share those 3D model ? They look amazing !