Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod (v1.0.7.2)  (Read 1089519 times)

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod (v1.0.6s)
« Reply #1750 on: 2015-03-04 15:35:40 »
Hey I've been playin this mod for a bit now and I just finished the submarine quest and got the submarine. So I'm currently in gather everything possible mode and I notice the few ultimate weapons I've gathered are well completely strawberries...is this normal do they get better or should I just not bother with them in this mod?

Also the materia cave bosses surprised the fern outta me because i thought it was only summon materia that got an extra boss. Fu sir for adamantai. <3

The ultimate weapons are still the best weapons. They all have damage modifiers.

Barret's depends on how much AP the weapon is equiped with (ie Master mime gives 1000000 AP).
Tifa's relies on her limit gauge and limit lvl.
Cloud and Cait depends on current HP / Max HP.
XIII and Cid like above only MP.
Vincent is the most reliable as it only depends on how his kill count. Kills by summons do not count.
Yuffie depends on enemy lvl. Damage is pretty constant for each individual enemy.

@DeliciousWhales
I'll be...
I was sure I fixed that. From the top of my head I can't remember exactly what the problem was, but I'll look into it. Thanks for the report :)

DeliciousWhales

• View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: 2015-03-12 09:11:35 »
I must say this mod is super awesome. Finally the game is actually hard. Especially good for a mob farmer like me who tends to end up way overpowered. I'm only up to Nibelheim on level 35, and I have Beta, Laser, Mighty Guard and still I can get thrashed sometimes. Without those it would take me several minutes each battle using normal level 2 magic heh. I like that enemies do a lot of status attacks and have a range of high defenses and immunities.

Though I have been tinkering around in kernel.bin and scene.bin to change things to my liking. Not having master materia is a deal breaker for me, it's just too fun to get them after all the effort levelling AP. I did give sephiroth 3.3m HP and 225 def/magdef to make up for it. I wonder how many KOTR summons it will take to kill him....
« Last Edit: 2015-03-12 11:24:14 by DeliciousWhales »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1752 on: 2015-03-12 21:45:48 »
Glad to hear you like it! Also great that you edit it to your own liking. This mod is more of a casual(ish) hard mod for those who are familiar with the game. That being said, I know the ending has caused several headaches. 3 mill sounds a bit much... imo that is... In my head, 1 mill sounds good as a highest tier max HP. But that's just me.

DeliciousWhales

• View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: 2015-03-13 04:17:06 »
Yeah 3m probably too much, I will see how it goes. In the original game I was always annoyed at Emerald Weapon being stronger than Sephiroth. I thought it would be better that killing Emerald and getting the Master Materia is like the prerequisite to killing Sephiroth. I'm hoping this way the battle will be ~30 to 45 minutes.

I have found that the game was super hard at first but past about Junon or Gold Saucer it's become a quite a bit easier, probably because of grinding for gil and AP. If it's not hard enough I guess I could edit the enemies to make them a bit harder. Or perhaps you have more difficulty surprises down the road a bit.
« Last Edit: 2015-03-13 15:39:57 by DeliciousWhales »

DeliciousWhales

• View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: 2015-03-18 11:25:27 »
One other thing to report, for me getting killed by Hadadigor/Yamigor/Levant causes the game to crash to desktop. Not always maybe half of the time.

Edit: Well it stopped happening after I died a few times. Weird.

Finally killed them so I guess it doesn't matter now heh.
« Last Edit: 2015-03-18 12:34:30 by DeliciousWhales »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1755 on: 2015-03-25 20:36:58 »
There shouldn't be anything particular crash prone about that battle. I guess it's just random crashes. I tend to get a lot of random crashes periodically.

Vir

• View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: 2015-05-26 03:25:59 »
I presume this isn't a bad reason to bump the topic.

"# The character's stats are somewhat changed to make 'em more unique."

Is there any chance you could elaborate on this, or direct me to some post where I can get a long view of the characters' relative stats? I hope I didn't miss it while searching. Or if I use Black Chocobo to level my hard mode save's characters up (to test their stats: I like the difficulty as it is), will that level them in the same way modded play would?

Very much enjoying the new balance, thank you.

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: 2015-05-26 13:35:13 »
Don't know if it's hardcore mod related, but when I got the first limit 2 level of cloud, I had the first level 3 limit too, meteorain, without having the second limit of level 2  :o

Did you have that issue too ?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: 2015-05-26 15:28:34 »

Is there any chance you could elaborate on this, or direct me to some post where I can get a long view of the characters' relative stats? I hope I didn't miss it while searching. Or if I use Black Chocobo to level my hard mode save's characters up (to test their stats: I like the difficulty as it is), will that level them in the same way modded play would?

I don't think the save editor will take the adjusted stat curves into account, but when you level them up once in-game those stats should (mostly) correct themselves...except the game can't decrease a character's stats so if the Hardcore mod stat is lower then the game won't change it. For instance, if Cloud got 70 strength from lv.50 using Black Chocobo, but his Strength in Hardcore for Lv.50 is 40, then it'll stay at 70 when he levels up, rather than being adjusted down to 40. Might be wrong about that, but that's what seemed to happen when I tested a change in stat curves recently.

As for character stats, you could compare them directly if you can get the Wall Market tool working. Opening the default kernel (assuming you kept a back-up) and the hardcore mod's kernel (have two instances of Wall Market running) would let you do this from the character data/initial data tab. There's also a slider so you can check the stat range for each level, which would let you compare them as they develop throughout the game.

Don't know if it's hardcore mod related, but when I got the first limit 2 level of cloud, I had the first level 3 limit too, meteorain, without having the second limit of level 2  :o

Did you have that issue too ?

That's not an issue, it's possible to unlock the next Limit level without getting the 2nd Limit on each level. You won't be able to learn the Lv.4 Limit though until all Limits have been unlocked, however.

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: 2015-05-26 15:30:37 »

That's not an issue, it's possible to unlock the next Limit level without getting the 2nd Limit on each level. You won't be able to learn the Lv.4 Limit though until all Limits have been unlocked, however.

Thanks ! But I used only the level 1 limit, without setting the level2 limit before deblocking the level3

Vir

• View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: 2015-05-26 15:50:54 »
Thanks for the tip about Wall Market, Sega Chief. I'll try that soon.

For the record, I haven't had any limit oddities, ManuBBXX.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: 2015-05-26 16:21:58 »
Thanks ! But I used only the level 1 limit, without setting the level2 limit before deblocking the level3

You don't have to have Lv.2 Limit set in order to unlock Lv.3; you can unlock Lv.2 and Lv.3 without ever changing from Limit Lv.1 (though you can't unlock the 2-2, and 3-2 limits until you've used 2-1 and 3-1 the required number of times).

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: 2015-05-26 18:48:13 »
Okayy, I got it !  :)
Thanks Sega chief ! Will try your great NT Mod when I would finish the game in Hardcore mod  ;) ;)

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1763 on: 2015-05-26 22:26:49 »

On stat increase, Sega Cheif explained it pretty well. All character have curves attached to their stats. There is some randomness involved, but basically every stat will strive to follow set curve. If you do some save editing and increase the stats by, lets say, 10, you will have to do some leveling before the stats will "naturally" evolve. But they will never decrease upon leveling.

What I mean by making them more unique is just that. Make their stat stand out more. Barret = good tank; bad mage. Aerith = good mage; bad tank. etc. The actuall effect on gameplay is somewhat meager though. In the end, any character could have any role in battle if set up properly.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: 2015-05-27 01:49:03 »
I quite liked the character strengths/weaknesses in this mod. Later on in the game, Cait Sith is godly as a 'Lucky' Tank, Vince makes for a great but squishy mage, and Red/Yuffie are fantastic for dominating ATB.

Vir

• View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: 2015-05-27 04:27:06 »
Thanks for the input, guys. I made a spreadsheet of stats as seen in Wall Market. I didn't know I could see the stat curves with that program, but I've got all the data I want, now!

I'm all for the stat specialization: I preferred to build the characters to specialize their stats anyway.

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: 2015-06-10 13:06:09 »
Hi guys.

i try to fighr the lost number boss( for having Vincent ) .
I'm around level 26, with 1500hp each on my characters, and this boss hit me at 1900 lol..

Does I have to farm level 30, or boost super HP materia before fight it ? Or a lot of mighty guard ?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: 2015-06-10 16:07:42 »
Is the 1900 damage coming from the Physical form's Lost Blow? I always found the Magic side to be easier to fight, both in this mod and the default game. What you could try though is a Poison strategy; use Sense on Lost Number and then Poison him. Your team should bring him down close to half HP, and then stop attacking. After 16 or so ticks from Poison, he should die without transforming. If you don't use Poison, then Slow + Stop can give you a significant edge. Going in with Seal Evil or some Hourglasses (I think you can get them from Kimera Bugs in Gongaga) should give you some breathing space.

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: 2015-06-10 19:11:56 »
@ManuBBXX If you really must tank, use sadness. It will bring the damage down to where you will survive one hit.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1769 on: 2015-06-11 03:52:15 »
@ManuBBXX Are you using Sadness? If not, use tranquilizers. Can be used outside of battle if you didn't know. Sadness = less damage taken and slower limit accumulation.

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #1770 on: 2015-06-11 08:28:11 »
Yeah, I knew that, thanks for the tip Gjoerulv.

Otherwise, I alwas fight in the rear line with your mod, cause ennemies hit too strong :D
Do you succeed playing in the first line ?

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1771 on: 2015-06-11 23:09:23 »
From time to time I have characters in front. Mostly in the beginning of the game. Faster limit breaks that way. Only against trash though, bosses usually hits too hard.

Nikkolas

• View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: 2015-10-16 19:04:06 »
So I was thinking about doing Nightmare but if that's so incomplete this looks like a good alternative.

I'm just curious about one thing. Does this mod alter stat growth to give everyone clearly defined roles they can't power through with materia? I like job classes more than "everyone can do anything."

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1773 on: 2015-10-17 00:07:06 »
So I was thinking about doing Nightmare but if that's so incomplete this looks like a good alternative.

I'm just curious about one thing. Does this mod alter stat growth to give everyone clearly defined roles they can't power through with materia? I like job classes more than "everyone can do anything."

Kinda... Barret is the best tank for instance. Aerith best caster. You are slightly more restricted in this mod. To a certain degree. Using Barret as main caster is not smart.  In the end (that is, at the end of the game) anyone can have any role if set up properly. But checking your characters stat in any case is smart.

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: 2015-11-04 14:37:21 »
Little 'problem' here.
I'm around level35 and I decide to go exp at mideel region.
But, all enemies here hits me at 2500 and received 0damage.. ( the ennemies who grow at the very beginning of the battle ).
Is it normal ?  ;D