Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam] GeDoSaTo Config v2.3 (Compatible with ReShade)  (Read 177864 times)

Fendera

• Your friendly neighbor :D
    • View Profile
it does only work if I place the folder in C:\GeDoSaTo, otherwise the supersample resolution wont show up in the FF8 launcher.

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
it does only work if I place the folder in C:\GeDoSaTo, otherwise the supersample resolution wont show up in the FF8 launcher.

Could you clarify this a bit for me?  Do you mean that you have to put it in your \GeDoSaTo folder and merge the config folders?  If so, I have that in the 'directions' on the main post and in the .txt file in the download.  If you mean that you can't install GeDoSaTo anywhere other than the C: drive, then I wouldn't know a workaround for that. 

I do know that a lot of problems are resolved by copying the D3DCompiler_47.dll and placing it in the steamapps/common/FINAL FANTASY VIII parent folder, so that might be something to look into.

ALSO:

NEW RELEASE! - Check the main post!

- Fixed some bugs and got rid of some erroneous stuff that might produce errors.
- Added common resolution options to the 'FF8_Launcher' profile that aren't included in GeDoSaTo by default.  You must select them manually.

Current bugs:  Steam Overlay works but it un-clickable.  Some people have been able to use Big-Picture mode effectively in other games, but I'm not sure this is something we can fix with this version of GeDoSaTo.

Future release:  Working on finding the hashing information for the shaders, etc. to enable AO, DoF, and Bloom.  Also would like to prevent the UI from being affected by Post Processing.  We'll see how all that goes, because it's something I can rarely get to.

EDIT:
Oops.... i might have broken it.  I'll fix it tonight. - just kidding. was some testing I was doing with mouse settings :D
« Last Edit: 2017-08-17 18:54:50 by Mcindus »

Fendera

• View Profile
Could you clarify this a bit for me?  Do you mean that you have to put it in your \GeDoSaTo folder and merge the config folders?  If so, I have that in the 'directions' on the main post and in the .txt file in the download.  If you mean that you can't install GeDoSaTo anywhere other than the C: drive, then I wouldn't know a workaround for that. 

I do know that a lot of problems are resolved by copying the D3DCompiler_47.dll and placing it in the steamapps/common/FINAL FANTASY VIII parent folder, so that might be something to look into.

I have to place the whole GeDoSaTo folder direct in the C: drive, ( like this C:\GeDoSaTo ) otherwise I can't change the resolution any higher then 1080p in the launcher if I place the folder else where... for example in the steam/FF8 folder on another drive.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-19 16:55:09 by Fendera »

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Another update!

So, I'm pretty sure this is as thorough as it comes.
Still haven't figured out how to click on the downsampled Steam Overlay UI, but Big Picture works!

I've managed to figure out how to enable DoF and AO using the pluginOverride command and the GenericDepthPlugin - so if you want to enable them, you must remove the # symbol from the command in the FF8_EN (or whatever your language is) GeDoSaTo profile.

I think i'll be tweaking my own Asmodean shader setup that I'll be sharing with the community at a later date... but.. until then...

Check the OP for version 2.2!

I have to place the whole GeDoSaTo folder direct in the C: drive, ( like this C:\GeDoSaTo ) otherwise I can't change the resolution any higher then 1080p in the launcher if I place the folder else where... for example in the steam/FF8 folder on another drive.

Does this still happen if you place D3DCompiler_47.dll in your FINAL FANTASY VIII parent folder?
« Last Edit: 2017-08-18 21:19:03 by Mcindus »

Fendera

• View Profile
Does this still happen if you place D3DCompiler_47.dll in your FINAL FANTASY VIII parent folder?

I've tried to place the D3DCompiler_47.dll in to the Final Fantasy VIII Steam folder but still no luck, even if I run everything (Including FF8_EN.exe and FF8_Launcher.exe) in administrator mode.. I still have to place the GeDoSaTo folder on the C: drive. It's not a big deal, I'll just leave the GeDoSaTo folder on the C: Drive, everything else works just fine!

Thanks alot!
« Last Edit: 2017-08-19 17:08:54 by Fendera »

Nedus

• View Profile
Leaving my little feedback.
I couldn't see any new higher resolution in the launcher menu. Then i copied 'D3DCompiler_47.dll' in to the Final Fantasy VIII Steam folder. I could see the new resolutions in the menu, but the game wouldn't load (regardless of my choice, including the basic 1920x1080). Then i moved the GeDoSaTo folder in C like Fendera did and that fixed it.

I've tested 3840x2160. Looks gorgeous. Then i've tried 5760x3240 (triple the native size of my monitor). The game launches but in a very tiny window that can't be made bigger. Am i missing something? My PC can't handle a downsampling like this? Not that it matters really. I'm totally fine with how it looks already.

Little side note: on 3840x2160 i've noticed a couple of veeery little 'scratches' in the status menu (Seed reborn italian version). But don't worry Mcindus, they are litterally a couple, barely noticeable and only in that part of the menu (everything else looks normal just as in 1920x1080), so we don't need to worry about that ;)

And great job on this GeDoSaTo tutorial! Loving it, especially for the antialiasing.
Thank you once again for making this awesome game even prettier :)

« Last Edit: 2017-08-19 22:03:09 by Nedus »

Fendera

• View Profile
Then i moved the GeDoSaTo folder in C like Fendera did and that fixed it.

Glad this works for you too!

Little side note: on 3840x2160 i've noticed a couple of veeery little 'scratches' in the status menu (Seed reborn italian version). But don't worry Mcindus, they are litterally a couple, barely noticeable and only in that part of the menu (everything else looks normal just as in 1920x1080), so we don't need to worry about that

I noticed the lines too. I used the PS1 fonts first, I changed it back to the Seed Reborn fonts and now that fixed it for me. English Version
« Last Edit: 2017-08-19 23:54:13 by Fendera »

Nedus

• View Profile
Little update on this: after some tests i've realized that GeDoSaTo is causing the game to crash sometimes (in various and different moments, like at the beginning of a cutscene, after saving, when a battle event triggers etc).

The message showing when crashing is 'An unknown exeption has occurred'. I've googled that a bit and it seems this could be linked to other stuff and not GeDoSaTo, but then again, i don't have this problem when playing without GeDoSaTo so i'm pretty positive this is the source of the problem, at least in my case.

Anyway, i tried some "fixes" suggested in steam forum (play offline to prevent cloud syncro, set the FF8 launcher to CPU1 afinity and 'High Priority' from the task manager). It still crashes with GeDoSaTo.

Anyone knows a fix to this? Otherways i'll have to play without GeDoSaTo. That would be a pity, but FF8 with all the mods still looks amazing :)
« Last Edit: 2017-09-12 11:18:21 by Nedus »

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Little update on this: after some tests i've realized that GeDoSaTo is causing the game to crash sometimes (in various and different moments, like at the beginning of a cutscene, after saving, when a battle event triggers etc).

The message showing when crashing is 'An unknown exeption has occurred'. I've googled that a bit and it seems this could be linked to other stuff and not GeDoSaTo, but then again, i don't have this problem when playing without GeDoSaTo so i'm pretty positive this is the source of the problem, at least in my case.

Anyway, i tried some "fixes" suggested in steam forum (play offline to prevent cloud syncro, set the FF8 launcher to CPU1 afinity and 'High Priority' from the task manager). It still crashes with GeDoSaTo.

Anyone knows a fix to this? Otherways i'll have to play without GeDoSaTo. That would be a pity, but FF8 with all the mods still looks amazing :)

Try tweaking some of the settings in gedosato... things like 'loadd3dearly' etc.  Then save before a cutscene and see what happens with the different settings.   I've spent HOURS turning things off/on in sequence to get this far... so that's kind of the process.  The one that might actually fix things could be what works for ffxiii, which is the 'force downsampled resolution always' or something to that effect.  Anyway... good luck!

Nedus

• View Profile
To be 100% sure the problem is fixed i would need to play for a good ammount of time after each change in the settings (i can't be so lucky to fix it on the first attempt). That could take a lot of time, and spoil the gaming experience in the process. So i think i'll do a couple of tests then i'll just play without gedosato in this run. Thank you anyway :)

levantine

• View Profile
Hi, is there any risk for my computer if i disable my UEFI secure boot? I'm interesting with this mod but i don't wnat to take any risk for my computer...

smark

• View Profile
Hello,

I have a problem with this mod, It's easier to see the problem than to explain it:

when I launch GeDoSaToTool before start game (resolution 2560x1440):

Screen_ff8_1" border="0

when i don't launch GeDoSaToTool before start game (same resolution as before):

Screen_ff8_2" border="0

I can see the problem even during the game and I haven't touched any mod settings of the default ones.

Thank you
Marco
« Last Edit: 2017-11-28 20:08:50 by smark »

FatedCourage

• I'll never regret knowing you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Hello,

I have a problem with this mod, It's easier to see the problem than to explain it:

when I launch GeDoSaToTool before start game (resolution 2560x1440):

Screen_ff8_1" border="0

when i don't launch GeDoSaToTool before start game (same resolution as before):

Screen_ff8_2" border="0

I can see the problem even during the game and I haven't touched any mod settings of the default ones.

Thank you
Marco

It's the DoF. You can either lower the value or turn it off in GeDoSaTo. That should fix the issue you're having.

Falkenauge123

• View Profile
Unfortunately I have a problem with GeDoSaTo.
I can not activate it.

https://picload.org/view/ddawdrii/unbenannt.png.html
Unfortunately I have a problem with GeDoSaTo.
I can not activate it.
I get an error message.
if I press on "continue" starts the problem but I can not activate it.
« Last Edit: 2018-01-03 10:00:21 by Falkenauge123 »

Luteth

• View Profile
I seem to be having the same problem as Falkenauge123,

Spoiler: show

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.IOException: An attempt was made to move the file pointer before the beginning of the file.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.SeekCore(Int64 offset, SeekOrigin origin)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Seek(Int64 offset, SeekOrigin origin)
   at System.IO.Compression.ZipArchive.ReadEndOfCentralDirectory()

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2633.0 built by: NET471REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
GeDoSaToUpdater
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///E:/Unsorted/GeDoSaToUpdater%20(3).exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2556.0 built by: NET471REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2612.0 built by: NET471REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.IO.Compression.FileSystem
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2556.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.IO.Compression.FileSystem/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.IO.Compression.FileSystem.dll
System.IO.Compression
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.IO.Compression/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.IO.Compression.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
I seem to be having the same problem as Falkenauge123

We solved his issue by updating his .NET framework, installing GeDoSaTo into the C: drive, and putting the D3DCompiler_47 file into the FINAL FANTASY VIII/ folder.
Let me know if that helps!  You also have to make sure that if you're using windows 10, that you disable a drive boot setting in your BIOS.  Check the GeDoSaTo website for more info on that.

Luteth

• View Profile
Thanks for the advice, sadly putting D3DCompiler_47 into my FF8 folder didn't work, .NET Framework is up to date and my PC doesn't support secure boot, I'm still getting the same exact error using the installer. However, I followed ianbollinger's advice on GitHub, copied the pack folder and it works.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Thanks for the advice, sadly putting D3DCompiler_47 into my FF8 folder didn't work, .NET Framework is up to date and my PC doesn't support secure boot, I'm still getting the same exact error using the installer. However, I followed ianbollinger's advice on GitHub, copied the pack folder and it works.

Awesome!  Thanks for the information on how to fix that issue! :)

Zara9

• View Profile
hey

will this program also allow me to use xsplit on the controller Mod as well

and this error popus whenever i try to install this program

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.IOException: An attempt was made to move the file pointer before the beginning of the file.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.SeekCore(Int64 offset, SeekOrigin origin)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Seek(Int64 offset, SeekOrigin origin)
   at System.IO.Compression.ZipArchive.ReadEndOfCentralDirectory()

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
GeDoSaToUpdater
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/User/AppData/Local/Temp/scoped_dir4800_6549/GeDoSaToUpdater.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2612.0 built by: NET471REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.IO.Compression.FileSystem
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.IO.Compression.FileSystem/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.IO.Compression.FileSystem.dll
System.IO.Compression
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.IO.Compression/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.IO.Compression.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

« Last Edit: 2018-03-05 19:35:44 by Zara9 »

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
hey

will this program also allow me to use xsplit on the controller Mod as well

and this error popus whenever i try to install this program

Not sure about the xsplit... but as far as the other issue, follow what Luteth said: "I followed ianbollinger's advice on GitHub, copied the pack folder and it works." - so give that a shot.  I'd suggest googling ianbollinger gedosato

Septicaemic

• View Profile
would it be possible to get a new download link. this one is broken

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
NEW RELEASE! - Check the main post!

Just updated the mod for everyone!!!  Fixed the default resolution settings and set them to 3840x2160@60Hz!

It is now compatible with reshade and all languages.  Just grab the version you want!
v2.3g - standalone (for use without ReShade) - only use with ReShade if you have a BEAST of a GPU/CPU
v2.3r - ReShade Compatible

Unless I use GeDo to find the blinking eye hashes, etc., this is probably going to be my last GeDoSaTo update.  Thanks!

*I highly recommend running GeDo in 'windowed' or 'fullscreen windowed' mode due to alt+tab crashes.
**Easiest way to install GeDo - go to the github, download the master.zip file, and then make a new folder on your C:\ drive called C:\GeDoSaTo\ and copy the contents of the /pack folder from master.zip into that new GeDoSaTo folder.
« Last Edit: 2018-09-05 07:22:49 by Mcindus »

Heargrave

• View Profile
I must be doing something wrong...

I can't find any way to complete this step

"3. Open your Proper Language "FF8_GDSTConfig_" folder"

There is no FF8 folder in GeDoSaTo!

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
I must be doing something wrong...

I can't find any way to complete this step

"3. Open your Proper Language "FF8_GDSTConfig_" folder"

There is no FF8 folder in GeDoSaTo!

You have to download the config files from the main post!  Once you've installed GeDoSaTo, download my files, put them in C:/GeDoSaTo/config/ and you should be able to run the game.

moccor

• View Profile
Each time I run the game it starts in windowed mode. Is that just a downside to using GeDoSaTo? I have many mods installed, since I bought the Pandora pack and even some mods that weren't included, so of course its always possible for one of those to be the cause. But I figured I'd ask here since I doubt graphics mods are preventing my game from going full screen. Any help or tips would be appreciated.

W10
RTX2080