Author Topic: Switching Sound Devices  (Read 2666 times)

Jahiliyyah

• View Profile
Switching Sound Devices
« on: 2016-02-16 05:13:01 »
So I have my speakers on optical (digital output) and my headphones on the 2.5 mm jack (standard speaker output). My pc and most software understand how to switch between the two except for FF7 apparently. I had to rerun the game converter to change the sound device to use the 2.5 mm jack exclusively. Thought someone might want to look into this.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: Switching Sound Devices
« Reply #1 on: 2016-02-16 05:15:14 »
What exactly is there to look into?

Jahiliyyah

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-02-16 06:34:20 »
Sorry, I guess this is beyond the scope of 7th Heaven and more just griping about the port. Well it's just there's no way to set the game to just use the default sound device which would allow it to switch between different playback devices when you connect headphones for example. As it is now you can only assign it to use one sound device exclusively. I was wondering if 7th Heaven could include options for configuring the sound device? I recall someone was working on recreating the FF7Config from scratch so they could probably add that option, but there is still the issue that you can't alter FF7Config without rerunning the GameConverter. Otherwise all your mods glitch. So I thought it would be a worthwhile option to be able to configure your audio under the audio tab where you pick the music plugin.
« Last Edit: 2016-02-16 06:51:15 by Jahiliyyah »

mitzmitra

• one winged artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2016-02-20 14:10:03 »
i have the same (or not) issue.. but i don't report that here because i have another option :D

my situation is, if i play here on the laptop, the sound plays on the speaker

when i plug the headset to the headset port, the sound plays on the headset

the problem is when i plug my gaming headphones, it has usb cord, not the green plug like headset, so when i use t, other application switch the audio to the headphones but ff7 plays the sound on the laptop speakers.. haha  ;D

so when i play ff7, i use my headset, not the headphone :D