Author Topic: [FF7] Original and Outdated Tutorial - Bootleg Configurator  (Read 1843641 times)

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Bootleg Configurator and FF7 Mod Installation
« Reply #1875 on: 2012-09-05 00:09:14 »
Yes, it's because the Romeo 14 materia is checked.
Menu Overhaul installs different materia textures.
The textures should be the same in both modes.   It's a bug in Bootleg.

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: 2012-09-05 00:51:37 »
Okay, thanks Pitbrad !  ;)

JowHoof

• View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: 2012-09-05 02:22:51 »
JowHoof,
Are you able to use a different TEMP folder?
Some program may be blocking Bootleg from writing to E:\TEMP

Tried a few places varying around E drive & C drive, no luck I'm afraid :/ I really hope it's not something stupid that I've missed completely, although that is a legitimate possibility. I really appreciate all the help though  :)

huynher

« Reply #1878 on: 2012-09-05 03:26:24 »
Hello I installed FF7 and the mods following this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfiVZ7YGFfA

However when I use the new to old patch, when the progress bar fills up the setup window freezes so I have to terminate the patch setup, but it installed files regardless so I'm not sure if that's the issue or not.

When I launch the game through BootLoader the game crashes after the Eidos clip. Here's my APP file.

Code: [Select]
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GTX 660 Ti/PCIe/SSE2 4.2.0
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
INFO: Number of texture units: 4
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1280x960, output resolution 1280x960, internal resolution 3840x2160
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: Shader limits: varying 124, vert uniform 4096, frag uniform 2048
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r21874, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: could not open file C:\Games\FF7\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: C:\Games\FF7\movies\eidoslogo.avi; h264/aac 1280x960, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 10.193000, frames: 153
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
ERROR: unhandled exception
« Last Edit: 2012-09-05 03:28:33 by huynher »

ajthedj747

• Looking Forward to 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: 2012-09-05 08:20:08 »
Hello I installed FF7 and the mods following this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfiVZ7YGFfA

However when I use the new to old patch, when the progress bar fills up the setup window freezes so I have to terminate the patch setup, but it installed files regardless so I'm not sure if that's the issue or not.

When I launch the game through BootLoader the game crashes after the Eidos clip. Here's my APP file.
Your problem is probably either the battle.lgp file or the char.lgp file. I have had constant issues with these two causing unknown errors. I fixed the game by doing a fresh install of everything, then putting back in the char.lpg and battle.lgp that I wanted to use. Low and behold, I had no more issues.

Wait until a skilled professional like @PitBrat gives you better Technical Support than me. It took me awhile just to learn how to use the tools for UnLGP and LGP.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1880 on: 2012-09-05 09:09:44 »
wait, you installed mods and THEN use the converter patch?
that should be the other way around

Jevonite

« Reply #1881 on: 2012-09-05 09:47:32 »
So I am getting one error after installing the mods I wanted. My HP/MP and timer bars are totally messed up. I am not sure what I need to do to fix this. I could always run the program again with new settings but I am not sure if it's a good idea to do this? Other than that all textures seem to work fine.

ajthedj747

• View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: 2012-09-05 09:53:02 »
So I am getting one error after installing the mods I wanted. My HP/MP and timer bars are totally messed up. I am not sure what I need to do to fix this. I could always run the program again with new settings but I am not sure if it's a good idea to do this? Other than that all textures seem to work fine.
Hello, @Jevonite,
Re-install the .EXE file called MO.EXE. This should fix your Final Fantasy X styled Menu from the Menu Overhaul Project. Before you do this though, please copy your battle.lgp file, then paste it into the same folder. This will make a back-up copy in case something does not work.

Jevonite

« Reply #1883 on: 2012-09-05 10:58:18 »
Seemed as if this would work but sadly no. I can't seem to figure this one out. I know I fixed it before but somehow I have managed to not remember.

Jevonite

« Reply #1884 on: 2012-09-05 11:20:48 »
Seemed as if this would work but sadly no. I can't seem to figure this one out. I know I fixed it before but somehow I have managed to not remember.

Either way I am just un installing then re-installing. I feel I may have switched things around too much.

RilleL

• View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: 2012-09-05 13:52:27 »
So I still haven't figured out my last problem, but moving on:

I just read about the spirit/mdef armour bug. The only thing I've read about it is that it's fixed in the 2012 version.
Now I "downgraded" my version from 2012 -> 1998, is the bug still fixed? Or does Bootleg fix it?

Now it seems like it's fixed. My spirit is 37, my armour gives 8 mdef, my total Magic def in status screen is 45, but I'm no expert, so I'm asking here to make sure.

huynher

« Reply #1886 on: 2012-09-05 18:00:34 »
Your problem is probably either the battle.lgp file or the char.lgp file. I have had constant issues with these two causing unknown errors. I fixed the game by doing a fresh install of everything, then putting back in the char.lpg and battle.lgp that I wanted to use. Low and behold, I had no more issues.

Wait until a skilled professional like @PitBrat gives you better Technical Support than me. It took me awhile just to learn how to use the tools for UnLGP and LGP.
Thanks for the feedback, unfortunately I'm very new to this so I'm not sure how to go about this. I've tried a fresh install I get the same errors, is this something I could fix in bootloader?

wait, you installed mods and THEN use the converter patch?
that should be the other way around
No I did the converter patch then installed the mods. I was just stating what happens when I use the patch.

lizardlair00

• View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: 2012-09-06 16:58:30 »
Yay! the BFE.exe finely works! :) It runs now on my new computer :) but not my old computer. :( Oh well, as long as it works.
P.S. When is the new bootleg release going to come out? I hope it's not too soon, because I don't have all the supported mods yet. I'm currently downloading them on your torrent. (Thank you for that :) )
Oh and thank you ever so much for all the time you've put into this wonderful program, that will finely help me get Final Fantasy VII PC the way i had it years ago on my old computer. i can't remember how it was exactly, but it was a lot better than the original. Thank you again. Keep up the good work!

~lizardlair00

Franz

« Reply #1888 on: 2012-09-07 09:37:49 »
its telling me to put disk 3 how's that possible?

ajthedj747

• View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: 2012-09-07 12:09:45 »
its telling me to put disk 3 how's that possible?
Hello @Franz,
May I suggest you put this in your "LOADR" folder in your Final Fantasy VII game directory

FF7anyCDv2.dll                                  Kranmer         Any CD Loader V2 Leak Free              Qhimm FILE

then, open up your ff7_opengl.cfg file with notepad.exe and at the very bottom, type

load_library =
FF7anyCDv2.dll

This should fix your problem. If not, summon the powers of @PitBrat.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #1890 on: 2012-09-08 00:09:56 »

This is a result of selecting both the 9999 Limit Break on the Overhaul tab of Bootleg and checking the box for it in Bootloader Configure. Uncheck it in Bootloader and you should be set.

rufusjones

Just installed BOOTLEG and I love it! Just a few questions...
« Reply #1891 on: 2012-09-08 21:25:06 »
When I play the game, the chat dialog boxes seem to be wrapping the text in a really weird way. For example, it splits the words into two lines unnecessarily. Also the chat bubbles cut off some of the text at the bottom so I get incomplete sentences. Any way to fix this?

Also when I make a change to the customization in BFE.exe, do I need to reload run Bootleg all over again?

Thanks.

DTard

• View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: 2012-09-08 22:53:48 »

Also when I make a change to the customization in BFE.exe, do I need to reload run Bootleg all over again?

Thanks.

Yes, from what I've learned and read. When you change or modify your mod settings, you have to run bootleg over again, so it can make the necessary changes.

Saintyweb

• View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: 2012-09-09 11:50:03 »
Oh, it's me again, sorry for annoy :-)
I run into another kind of problem, it's about minigame frame limit.
On GeForce video card (with vSync and minigame framelimiter option enabled) it goes for 60 fps in coaster, byke and snow minigames (can't say about submarine for now).
Well, if in the coaster i seems to even like it :-))) in other games it makes some dificulties i don't want.
I tryed to manualy switch GeForce parameters in maybe all switchable conditions, but it doesn't make any difference.
And one note - when i switch to Nvidia chipset (with vsync and framelimiter in opengl.cnf) it goes like that:
Byke: 40-50 fps
Snow: 40-50 fps
Coaster: 300+ fps (very funny ^^)
I didn't dl and install any fixes cause i afraid of ruining some major files or parameters (bootleg full install).
Can you help?

Saintyweb

• View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: 2012-09-09 12:03:13 »
Just make a time catch from youtube videos, coaster takes around 3.25.
Make a time catch from my game - it's like 3.20 (well, the same i would say, cause UFO sequence).
So, it seems coaster run correctly.
But byke and snow games goes 1.5 or 2 times faster than they should.
Wonder why?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: 2012-09-09 14:31:11 »
Oh, it's me again, sorry for annoy :-)
I run into another kind of problem, it's about minigame frame limit.
On GeForce video card (with vSync and minigame framelimiter option enabled) it goes for 60 fps in coaster, byke and snow minigames (can't say about submarine for now).
Well, if in the coaster i seems to even like it :-))) in other games it makes some dificulties i don't want.
I tryed to manualy switch GeForce parameters in maybe all switchable conditions, but it doesn't make any difference.
And one note - when i switch to Nvidia chipset (with vsync and framelimiter in opengl.cnf) it goes like that:
Byke: 40-50 fps
Snow: 40-50 fps
Coaster: 300+ fps (very funny ^^)
I didn't dl and install any fixes cause i afraid of ruining some major files or parameters (bootleg full install).
Can you help?

If you installed Menu Overhaul, then you already have access to the necessary fixes. When choosing your Bootleg options, go to the Overhaul tab and you will see the mini game fixes in the right-side column.

Saintyweb

• View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: 2012-09-09 19:26:53 »
If you installed Menu Overhaul, then you already have access to the necessary fixes. When choosing your Bootleg options, go to the Overhaul tab and you will see the mini game fixes in the right-side column.

Ouch, i mean i didn't install any additional fixes, except those, included in menu overhaul.
Btw i manage to shot up 5000+ in coaster, so i think to just leave framerate like it is for now, if there isn't a safe solution, i don't mind :-)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Just installed BOOTLEG and I love it! Just a few questions...
« Reply #1897 on: 2012-09-09 22:58:00 »
When I play the game, the chat dialog boxes seem to be wrapping the text in a really weird way. For example, it splits the words into two lines unnecessarily. Also the chat bubbles cut off some of the text at the bottom so I get incomplete sentences. Any way to fix this?

Thanks.

Did you download the torrent from my YT video? If so, it has an older version of Menu Overhaul (M05a). The current version (M05c) may fix this. You can download and try it yourself:

MO.exe                                              DLPB & Kranmer  Menu Overhaul & ReTranslation M05c      Qhimm FILE

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: 2012-09-10 00:50:23 »
Just for the setup, in the plugin tab in the configuration of bootLoader, what post-processing shader have you set ?
I tested many of them and can't see a difference between them.
Here is mine :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: 2012-09-10 01:08:45 »
Some of the shader effects are very subtle.
A few of them require a Radeon GPU for the full effect.