Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837478 times)

BertShadow

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #8225 on: 2019-07-12 01:38:46 »
Hi Sega! I think that I found a glitch here. So, only with Cait Sith (Idk Cid, Red13 and Yuffie yet) when he is going to rank up the number of the rank remains in 2.

Some Image here:

This time is not the second time he ranked up, its the Fourth time. Mi question here is: Do this glitch going to ruin my game? Would be Cait Sith ranking up for eternity?

Thanks for everything!
« Last Edit: 2019-07-12 02:01:28 by BertShadow »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8226 on: 2019-07-12 08:29:57 »
Is there a place to reread all the character unique abilities?

I went to the veteran hall, and the guys tell me about who has what stats etc. But I can't seem to find the abilities info.

I know they are mentioned when you recruit the character the first time, but I forgat + would like to reread the exact descriptions.

They should be in the documentation with the installer/IRO download on this thread. Otherwise, a quick recap:

Spoiler: show

Cloud: When a limit break is used, he gets a boost to strength and magic; this wears off slowly over time and when the bonus reaches 0 he can get trigger it again.
Barret: In front row, gets a stacking buff to strength when attacked physically. When in back row, gets a stacking buff to defence/magic defence when attacked physically. Gaining one type of buff negates stacks of the other buff, so keep that in mind if having him swap rows mid-battle.
Tifa: When KO'd, auto-revives with 1HP (once per battle); retains any statuses, queued actions, limit gauge, etc.
Aeris: When defending, absorbs all magic-elemental damage.
Red XIII: Slowly gains strength and magic over the course of the battle (max of +50)
Yuffie: When attacked, gains a perfect dodge buff that helps her evade physical attacks. Wears off after a few turns or if she is the target of any magic-based action (includes healing).
Cait Sith: Regens MP over time, the rate is increased significantly when defending; can exceed his maxMP
Vincent: Regains HP intermittently based on his remaining MP, can exceed his maxHP
Cid: When second wind charges up, he can use the Defend command to trigger a full HP/MP restore.

I am using lots of other mods, including berserkers battle/field models mod. Hasn't been a problem tell now, is NT not compatible with any model texture packs?

It should work, but load order is important; NT should be toward the bottom. If you run into trouble during a scene, try toggling these off and seeing if NT by itself also has the issue.

Hey Sega Chief, i read about your mod and wanted to play it using NinoStyles models. Unfortunately most NPC are chibi-models.. Is it possible to use the PRB-models with your mod instead?

Edit: Your special edition using default enemies and combat systems worked with PRB-models - very nice. I am going to try it out! It still has those encounters in cities with party members right?

Yeah, the vanilla one still has most of the NT scenes and features like talking to party in towns (but bear in mind that this is only Kalm and Junon, I didn't finish this feature yet).

Hi Sega Chief, thanks for the replies.

Some observations:

I revisited Sector 5 on CD2 and there is this guy standing in the first screen after the church. I talked to him at the beginning of the game and he mentioned a "ghost lady" (intended? a hint? an error?). But now he says nothing anymore. Does this have something to do with
Aeris' revival?

I did some Chocobo races and there is the prize "Hero drink". You get a Hero Drink II if you take it but the description in the racing menu is still the old Hero Drink.

Aeris' Wizard Staff restores MP but its description says HP.

Shinryu did a weird attack called Lvl???-Old. I wonder what the mechanics behind that are. Heavy stat-decrease and forced [mini]? I tried to dispel it but to no avail. If i encounter something weird and sticky, does it get cured if i just kill off the char?

Also i tried to use Proud Clod but if i read the scene.bin, i only see the normal enemies...? How do i use this with your mod?

Oh, and i did probably ~80 Chocobo races but not one time Tifa asked if she could ride as well. Sad! (Is this little feature broken? I use the tweak [save & phs everywhere] from the gameplay-mod)

Btw, i had a good laugh at Wutai everytime Gorki/ii/y had some text. I grew up with the german PSX-version and still vividly remember this part. Well done! :--D

The guy in sector 5 is referencing that old easter egg where if you visit the church on Disc 2/3 you can see a glimpse of Aeris who then vanishes if you approach (can't remember if this is intended or some sort of logical issue in the way the scripts are triggered for that field, I reckon it's the former).

The chocobo racing text is hard-coded, but hero drink is close enough to hero drink II.

My bad on the Wizard Staff description, I keep forgetting to fix that.

Lv?? Old decreases stats and Level I think, like the FF5 attack. If a status won't lift, then Dispel followed by Esuna can do the trick; but if the character has status resistance equipped this won't work as they have a permanent 'block toggle of status' effect; it's a bit backwards as far as mechanics go so I'll be getting rid of attacks that ignore status defence (mostly) from the next build

I could adjust that check so it's always looked for, but you can also swap party leader at the Highwind once reaching the bottom of the crater and coming back; check with the new NPC on the right-side of the Operation Room on the Highwind. He can set Tifa or Cid as party leader.

People report the gorki thing as a typo but we both know that gorky's named is spelled correctly whenever it appears in NT  ;)

Hi Sega! I think that I found a glitch here. So, only with Cait Sith (Idk Cid, Red13 and Yuffie yet) when he is going to rank up the number of the rank remains in 2.

Some Image here:

This time is not the second time he ranked up, its the Fourth time. Mi question here is: Do this glitch going to ruin my game? Would be Cait Sith ranking up for eternity?

Thanks for everything!

Is that the spanish version? It may be a bug from an older version, I'll see if I can organise a fix with Markul.

markul

• View Profile
« Reply #8227 on: 2019-07-12 12:49:48 »

Some Image here:

Thanks for everything!
Is that the spanish version? It may be a bug from an older version, I'll see if I can organise a fix with Markul.
I'm gonna check it, when i found the problem i will fix it and i will send you a private message,Bert Shadow.
If you have other problems with the Spanish version, leave a post here,to not mix the problems o_O: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=18918.0
« Last Edit: 2019-07-12 12:54:44 by markul »

BertShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #8228 on: 2019-07-12 17:17:50 »
I'm gonna check it, when i found the problem i will fix it and i will send you a private message,Bert Shadow.
If you have other problems with the Spanish version, leave a post here,to not mix the problems o_O: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=18918.0
Oki, gran traducción por cierto, lo de borracho de los suburbios como job es de 10.

Smashgunner

• View Profile
Bug Report!
« Reply #8229 on: 2019-07-12 18:33:52 »
Alright I got a heck of a doozy for ya!

The fight with Sephiroths first form in the crater will simply stop working, and I think the cause is killing multiple limbs at the same time. It only crashed when I was nuking with Ultima. I tried this three times. I say three times because the first two were crashes and I beat it the third time by only attacking with vincent. Who did attack multiple times, but never killed more than one limb at a time.

I say I think this is the crash because Seph would simply stop moving. The entire model. I don't know perhaps an attack is bugged and I just got lucky and he never did it. I certainly don't know. I actually thought the boss was unbeatable the first two times when this happened because I thought that winning would crash the fight.

LeonNujain

• View Profile
« Reply #8230 on: 2019-07-12 22:11:36 »
Hello ! Well, I'm just in Corel Prison, I'm doing a very casual playtrough, but I wanted to comment on a few modifications I did to your mod ! They are just to give feedback, I'm not in any case trying to tell you to modify anything :)

I used WallMarket to restore the original initial stats and also the original stat curves, but I did a slight modification to the characters' curves:

- What I did was averaging the curves of all the characters, then the best curves I increased by half the distance with the best curve (if it gives a number with decimal, round down / better), and the worst curves I worsened them for half the distance with the worst curve (if it gives a number with decimal, I round up / worse). (for instance if four character have the strength curves 2, 8, 4, 10, then average is 6 and I change the strength curves to now be 0, 14, 2, 20, then I repeat the process with the rest of the stats)

This made a bigger difference between strengths and weaknesses, which is pretty fun.

Then, the other thing I've done was changing materia effect to make more sense into the kind of character that would have gotten/used that materia:

00   +-0 to everything
MP Plus, HP Plus, Speed Plus, Magic Plus, Luck Plus, EXP Plus, Gil Plus, Underwater, Chocobo Lure, Pre-emptive,

01   -16 to everything except +32 to LUCK
Enemy Away, W-Magic, W-Summon, W-Item

02   +16 to everything except -32 to LUCK
Enemy Lure, HP<->MP,

03   -4 to MAG and SPI, +4 to STR, VIT and LUCK
Long Range, Counter Attack, Cmd. Counter, Elemental, Added Effect,

04   -4 to STR and VIT, +4 to MAG, SPI and MP
All, Magic Counter, MP Turbo, Quadra Magic,

05   -4 to STR and MAG, +4 to VIT, SPI and HP
Cover, MP Absorb, HP Absorb,

06   -4 to VIT and SPI, +4 to STR, MAG and DEX
Mega-All, Sneak Attack, Final Attack, Added Cut, Added Steal,

Command Materia

07   -8 to HP and MP, -4 to MAG, +4 to STR and LUCK, +8 to DEX
Slash-All, Multi-Cut,

08   -8 to HP and MP, -4 to MAG, +4 to STR and DEX, +8 to LUCK
Morph, Steal, Sense, Manipulate, Mime, Enemy Skill,

09   -8 to HP and MP, -4 to MAG, +4 to DEX and LUCK, +8 to STR
Throw, Deathblow,

0A   -32 to HP and MP, -16 to MAG, +16 to STR, DEX and LUCK
Master Command,

Magic Materia

0B   -2 to VIT, +2 to MAG and MP
Fire, Ice, Earth, Lightning, Restore,

0C   -4 to VIT, +4 to MAG and MP
Heal, Revive, Seal, Mystify, Transform, Exit, Poison, Gravity, Barrier

0D   -8 to VIT, +8 to MAG and MP
Comet, Time, Osmose, Destruct, Contain, Full Cure, Shield, Planet,

0E   -32 to VIT, +32 to MAG and MP
Master Magic,

Summon Materia

0F   -2 to STR, VIT and HP, +2 to MAG, SPI and MP
Choco/Mog, Shiva, Ifrit, Ramuh, Titan, Odin, Leviathan, Bahamut,

10   -4 to STR, VIT and HP, +4 to MAG, SPI and MP
Kjata, Alexander, Phoenix, Neo-Bahamut, Hades, Typhon, Bahamut-ZERO,

11   -8 to STR, VIT and HP, +8 to MAG, SPI and MP
Knights of Round,

12   -32 to STR, VIT and HP, +32 to MAG, SPI and MP
Master Summon

I'm REALLY enjoying the game like this right now, characters grow in a very specific way for each one, and Materia has a really big effect in them, so it becomes VERY strategic to choose charactes, materia, and also equipment in your mod ! I like the concept of your changes in equipment, and thus far I'm going fine with it. I like the idea of Cloud using the Buster Sword for longer or even the whole game. Also I'm not using ranks, I've gotten a few gameovers over the course now, I'm not grinding but I have Enemy Lure constantly on, so I'm good leveled, the game is fun, I'm playing also in normal mode.

Well, that's all to tell, again, thanks for such an awesome mod !
« Last Edit: 2019-07-12 22:38:00 by LeonNujain »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8231 on: 2019-07-13 02:52:24 »
Alright I got a heck of a doozy for ya!

The fight with Sephiroths first form in the crater will simply stop working, and I think the cause is killing multiple limbs at the same time. It only crashed when I was nuking with Ultima. I tried this three times. I say three times because the first two were crashes and I beat it the third time by only attacking with vincent. Who did attack multiple times, but never killed more than one limb at a time.

I say I think this is the crash because Seph would simply stop moving. The entire model. I don't know perhaps an attack is bugged and I just got lucky and he never did it. I certainly don't know. I actually thought the boss was unbeatable the first two times when this happened because I thought that winning would crash the fight.

That sounds like the quadra ultima glitch: https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Quadra_Magic_Ultima_glitch

As far as I'm aware, if you use that and have a second Ultima attached to HP or MP Absorb it bugs the game right out when used on an enemy that is multiple copies of an enemy combined into one, like Bizarro.

Hello ! Well, I'm just in Corel Prison, I'm doing a very casual playtrough, but I wanted to comment on a few modifications I did to your mod ! They are just to give feedback, I'm not in any case trying to tell you to modify anything :)

I used WallMarket to restore the original initial stats and also the original stat curves, but I did a slight modification to the characters' curves:

- What I did was averaging the curves of all the characters, then the best curves I increased by half the distance with the best curve (if it gives a number with decimal, round down / better), and the worst curves I worsened them for half the distance with the worst curve (if it gives a number with decimal, I round up / worse). (for instance if four character have the strength curves 2, 8, 4, 10, then average is 6 and I change the strength curves to now be 0, 14, 2, 20, then I repeat the process with the rest of the stats)

This made a bigger difference between strengths and weaknesses, which is pretty fun.

I'm REALLY enjoying the game like this right now, characters grow in a very specific way for each one, and Materia has a really big effect in them, so it becomes VERY strategic to choose charactes, materia, and also equipment in your mod ! I like the concept of your changes in equipment, and thus far I'm going fine with it. I like the idea of Cloud using the Buster Sword for longer or even the whole game. Also I'm not using ranks, I've gotten a few gameovers over the course now, I'm not grinding but I have Enemy Lure constantly on, so I'm good leveled, the game is fun, I'm playing also in normal mode.

Well, that's all to tell, again, thanks for such an awesome mod !

Stat curves are coming back to work with the rank ups for the final update, but that's still a ways off.

If I was playing with your changes, I would stockpile Enemy Lures like nobody's business, assuming they can be acquired freely. I can't remember if they can be or not.

LeonNujain

• View Profile
« Reply #8232 on: 2019-07-13 05:02:15 »
I don't know, it comes mastered, so I don't think there are more copies anywhere ? Yeah, if one could get more En Lure it would be too op. I thought of maybe making the stat changes of those be +8 and -16 on luck but until now it's being pretty nice because the bigger encounter rate is a big weight lol (I just don't care because I'm not speedrunning and it helps play without grinding). Everything is pretty much balanced I think. And without ranking up the normal mode is not thaaat easy, not too hard, just good I think. I'm really enjoying the game like this, one has to really think the preparations for battles. I lost to Jenova when going to Costa del Sol, to the Hojo's Laboratory specimen TWICE (yes, I would only focus on the big monster so they beat me twice) and I think I lost once to another enemy but I can't remember.

By the way, I would definitely encourage you to think about the stat curves I've used, now each character feels sooo unique (I'm also loving how I changed the materias, but I don't think that could be something that everybody would love).

Well, now I'll make my leave, I'll comment again perhaps when I end the game ! Thanks again for the mod !

genocidekyuubi

• View Profile
« Reply #8233 on: 2019-07-13 08:09:49 »
Hi, Sega Chief
 In the first page, you say "FF7 NT Vanilla Combat.IRO" (with updated script and event, and with default enemies/ combat system). What "default combat system" means? Does this mean, i can play and level up without SP system, and gain stats level up like in Vanilla game?

What i want to play is play FF7 with mod that updated with script and event like your mod, and new bosses and sidequest like your mod, but without SP system or Rank system. Is it the one i'm looking for?

Smashgunner

• View Profile
« Reply #8234 on: 2019-07-13 11:41:40 »
That sounds like the quadra ultima glitch: https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Quadra_Magic_Ultima_glitch

As far as I'm aware, if you use that and have a second Ultima attached to HP or MP Absorb it bugs the game right out when used on an enemy that is multiple copies of an enemy combined into one, like Bizarro.

Yeah that's the weird thing, I didn't have HP or MP absorb on. I assumed that using Regen instead meant I was safe but I guess not. Learned something new today I guess. Whoops.

Torawakamaru

• View Profile
« Reply #8235 on: 2019-07-13 14:34:46 »
Hi Sega Chief, thanks for your answers.

1.) Some minor thing: when i use [added effect] + [time] as defense, the status screen only shows slow and stop-immunity, the haste is greyed out. But that char cannot be hasted as well.

2.) Still want to ask, how do i use the Proud Clod-program with your mod. The scene.bin that i am reading out does not seem to be very useful or am i overlooking something?

3.) Is it intended that you cannot protect yourself from being manipulated through [addect effect] + [manipulate]?

4.) I am back from outer space and was told to go to Bugenhagen. The Sister Ray is not in Junon anymore but still not in Midgar yet. Yet that NPC in Kalm at the entrance talks about her being pointed at the north and that there is something big going on in Midgar. Not sure if that's entirely correct, at least the gun part.

Question to others:

In the Junon League there is this Elena-clone in the fighter-section iirc (female fighter with a suit and a gun). The fight against her is weird because there is a 'metal beam' or something obscuring the sight of her - it blocks ~20% of the screen, probably caused through an unfortunate camera angle. Do others have this as well? I use the Remako-graphics-mod and i might test it again without that but for now i'm just curious.
« Last Edit: 2019-07-13 15:02:28 by Torawakamaru »

fimra000

• View Profile
« Reply #8236 on: 2019-07-13 16:45:07 »
Hello Sega Chief,

I made this account specifically for this problem i encountered playing NT.

I just finished the Dark Cave and looted the dead body, I then took the top exit and end up at the Ancient Forest. The problem is that I'm now away from all transportation means and stranded on the west island:\ I did some search and it seems someone had the same problem back in 2017.

Do you think there's any way this can be solved?

Thanks.

Fishmeistercod

• View Profile
« Reply #8237 on: 2019-07-13 16:57:03 »
I'm at the end of Disc 1 now, and I still don't know what the tenth Rank Up slot is.
What on earth is ?????? 0/?? all about?!

Torawakamaru

• View Profile
« Reply #8238 on: 2019-07-13 18:58:08 »
@fimra000

you could use the tool Black Chocobo to edit your save. There is a location tab were you can choose your ...well, location. I used it in the great glacier and didn't break my save so that could be a method.

lordkeiser

• View Profile
« Reply #8239 on: 2019-07-13 21:49:01 »
Hi segachief i been on the crater triying to steal spirit lance from crater dragon  for an hour, the steal allways fail  im lvl 99  what i am doing wrong?

vegetamaker

• View Profile
« Reply #8240 on: 2019-07-13 23:14:04 »
Hello! First at all thanks Sega Chief and all who did this mod. I am really enjoying the mod. Many things look more understandable and natural. Bosses are pretty fun!.

I was waiting to finish it to say my impressions, but I had a question right now and I am not sure if I broke it in someway.

Mostly of my charactes are stuck in 255/200 and the "thing" don't see they can rank up. Others characters yes (Vincent and Cid only). Is there a restriction for history moment or something? (I am just after Tifa found Cloud in Middle).

Another thing. I went to ancient Forest and the last cave (where generally you can find Apocalypse) don't spawn. It just teleport me to world map.

Note: Just in case it is important, at the start I used the 7th heaven one, but I noticed it was outdated and replaced with 1.5. Its probably it will the problem but just in case.

Thanks!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8241 on: 2019-07-13 23:51:51 »
Hi, Sega Chief
 In the first page, you say "FF7 NT Vanilla Combat.IRO" (with updated script and event, and with default enemies/ combat system). What "default combat system" means? Does this mean, i can play and level up without SP system, and gain stats level up like in Vanilla game?

What i want to play is play FF7 with mod that updated with script and event like your mod, and new bosses and sidequest like your mod, but without SP system or Rank system. Is it the one i'm looking for?

It's default enemies and a default kernel (so default character stat curves, spells, equipment, etc). The flevel still uses the NT stuff though, minus the new battles (except for one used in Kalm but that's not really a battle). SP system is still in there but because characters are leveling up with default stat curves you can safely ignore it.

I think the Lv.4 limit sidequests were disabled in it though, they're just obtained in the original places. I had to cut all the new fights out to get a default scene.bin in there nice and quick.

Yeah that's the weird thing, I didn't have HP or MP absorb on. I assumed that using Regen instead meant I was safe but I guess not. Learned something new today I guess. Whoops.

My understanding that it was Absorb + Ultima, Ultima + Quadra or similar. Maybe it was a bug after all? But it definitely sound the same thing, the enemy freezing rather than the battle freezing.

Hi Sega Chief, thanks for your answers.

1.) Some minor thing: when i use [added effect] + [time] as defense, the status screen only shows slow and stop-immunity, the haste is greyed out. But that char cannot be hasted as well.

2.) Still want to ask, how do i use the Proud Clod-program with your mod. The scene.bin that i am reading out does not seem to be very useful or am i overlooking something?

3.) Is it intended that you cannot protect yourself from being manipulated through [addect effect] + [manipulate]?

4.) I am back from outer space and was told to go to Bugenhagen. The Sister Ray is not in Junon anymore but still not in Midgar yet. Yet that NPC in Kalm at the entrance talks about her being pointed at the north and that there is something big going on in Midgar. Not sure if that's entirely correct, at least the gun part.

Question to others:

In the Junon League there is this Elena-clone in the fighter-section iirc (female fighter with a suit and a gun). The fight against her is weird because there is a 'metal beam' or something obscuring the sight of her - it blocks ~20% of the screen, probably caused through an unfortunate camera angle. Do others have this as well? I use the Remako-graphics-mod and i might test it again without that but for now i'm just curious.

There's a weird thing going on with Haste and Slow; if you have immunity to one, you have immunity to the other. I think it's because their effect can cancel out the other, unlike the other conflicting spells (Regen and Dual-Drain can exist at same time and will wear off independently, though HP won't move up or down until one wears off).

If it's an IRO, then you need to unpack the IRO first using the 7th Heaven launcher tools; there should be a workshop button somewhere on the top that can do it.

I think I wanted to avoid Manipulate being used on attacks rather than through the command because it would ignore its formula (I think). So unfortunately that means it can't be used for defence either; I don't think any of the command materia as a general rule carry statuses on them though so it's consistent in that sense. It's one of those weird fringe cases. Manip protection can be acquired I think through the use of Hypnocrown accessory.

Hello Sega Chief,

I made this account specifically for this problem i encountered playing NT.

I just finished the Dark Cave and looted the dead body, I then took the top exit and end up at the Ancient Forest. The problem is that I'm now away from all transportation means and stranded on the west island:\ I did some search and it seems someone had the same problem back in 2017.

Do you think there's any way this can be solved?

Thanks.

The top exit was disabled, but for some reason it has become active again (which places you back at Ancient Forest). The bottom exit is the intended one. I think if you save the game, then use a save editor (Black Chocobo is the name of the current save editor) it can get you back to the area outside of the dark cave which was the intended exit point (make a backup of saves before doing this).

I'm at the end of Disc 1 now, and I still don't know what the tenth Rank Up slot is.
What on earth is ?????? 0/?? all about?!

That got left in by accident, it was for testing.

Hi segachief i been on the crater triying to steal spirit lance from crater dragon  for an hour, the steal allways fail  im lvl 99  what i am doing wrong?

You'll need a sneak glove to steal anything from the Crater, you can acquire one from Wall Market (same vendor who sells Batteries on Disc 1). It's to do with a level modification I made; it unfortunately left a lot of steals unobtainable without it, but as the mod had been balanced around the level modification it's not been something I can fix easily. I'll be sorting it out in the final update though. Also, same goes for manipulating; have a hypnocrown equipped for it.

Hello! First at all thanks Sega Chief and all who did this mod. I am really enjoying the mod. Many things look more understandable and natural. Bosses are pretty fun!.

I was waiting to finish it to say my impressions, but I had a question right now and I am not sure if I broke it in someway.

Mostly of my charactes are stuck in 255/200 and the "thing" don't see they can rank up. Others characters yes (Vincent and Cid only). Is there a restriction for history moment or something? (I am just after Tifa found Cloud in Middle).

Another thing. I went to ancient Forest and the last cave (where generally you can find Apocalypse) don't spawn. It just teleport me to world map.

Note: Just in case it is important, at the start I used the 7th heaven one, but I noticed it was outdated and replaced with 1.5. Its probably it will the problem but just in case.

Thanks!

I think the problem will be that the variables were changed between 1.4 and 1.5. They used to check for bit-switches, but now they just check for a value instead. This means that the check always resolves false, however. I'll need you to send me your save file so I can run it through a script and correct it.

vegetamaker

• View Profile
« Reply #8242 on: 2019-07-14 00:12:02 »
« Last Edit: 2019-07-14 00:33:58 by vegetamaker »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8243 on: 2019-07-14 00:27:01 »
Wow that was a fast response. Thanks so much!

Here is my savefile:

https://mega.nz/#!tL5Xyaob!euBETNqRExi0gVLmrhv8z9PxgsDWS00IGQRRXRttNns

First slot is the newer one.

This save file seems to be at the ropeway station prior to the keystone being stolen, but you mentioned being just after Mideel when Tifa finds Cloud. Is this the correct save file?

vegetamaker

• View Profile
« Reply #8244 on: 2019-07-14 00:32:18 »
This save file seems to be at the ropeway station prior to the keystone being stolen, but you mentioned being just after Mideel when Tifa finds Cloud. Is this the correct save file?

Crap I am silly, sorry. Resharing :3

Edit: https://mega.nz/#!xD5FkIZa!LDCrfGn-HKc3To0y1bNaxEkH3J2ekvxUgFQUMduuZ_c

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8245 on: 2019-07-14 01:35:55 »
Here you go:

https://mega.nz/#!XwECkIRS!ILcUjWAfMPUVR0yg1Y3ZnA3UYMO1SwNVKdZx8C8ZY-E

Cait, Vincent, and Cid are given two free ranks when they join the party which is maybe why they were able to get some ranks (unless they joined after you upgraded to 1.5, in which case their vars would have been OK). I reset the rank vars to 0, and those three characters to 2. Sources used were retained though.

vegetamaker

• View Profile
« Reply #8246 on: 2019-07-14 01:46:39 »
Thanks so much! Tomorrow more ff7 ^^.

I guess remember i updated mod just after Gold Soucer.

I reset the rank vars to 0, and those three characters to 2. Sources used were retained though.
Ill cheat hehe

fimra000

• View Profile
« Reply #8247 on: 2019-07-14 03:36:19 »
It's default enemies and a default kernel (so default character stat curves, spells, equipment, etc). The flevel still uses the NT stuff though, minus the new battles (except for one used in Kalm but that's not really a battle). SP system is still in there but because characters are leveling up with default stat curves you can safely ignore it.

I think the Lv.4 limit sidequests were disabled in it though, they're just obtained in the original places. I had to cut all the new fights out to get a default scene.bin in there nice and quick.

My understanding that it was Absorb + Ultima, Ultima + Quadra or similar. Maybe it was a bug after all? But it definitely sound the same thing, the enemy freezing rather than the battle freezing.

There's a weird thing going on with Haste and Slow; if you have immunity to one, you have immunity to the other. I think it's because their effect can cancel out the other, unlike the other conflicting spells (Regen and Dual-Drain can exist at same time and will wear off independently, though HP won't move up or down until one wears off).

If it's an IRO, then you need to unpack the IRO first using the 7th Heaven launcher tools; there should be a workshop button somewhere on the top that can do it.

I think I wanted to avoid Manipulate being used on attacks rather than through the command because it would ignore its formula (I think). So unfortunately that means it can't be used for defence either; I don't think any of the command materia as a general rule carry statuses on them though so it's consistent in that sense. It's one of those weird fringe cases. Manip protection can be acquired I think through the use of Hypnocrown accessory.

The top exit was disabled, but for some reason it has become active again (which places you back at Ancient Forest). The bottom exit is the intended one. I think if you save the game, then use a save editor (Black Chocobo is the name of the current save editor) it can get you back to the area outside of the dark cave which was the intended exit point (make a backup of saves before doing this).

That got left in by accident, it was for testing.

You'll need a sneak glove to steal anything from the Crater, you can acquire one from Wall Market (same vendor who sells Batteries on Disc 1). It's to do with a level modification I made; it unfortunately left a lot of steals unobtainable without it, but as the mod had been balanced around the level modification it's not been something I can fix easily. I'll be sorting it out in the final update though. Also, same goes for manipulating; have a hypnocrown equipped for it.

I think the problem will be that the variables were changed between 1.4 and 1.5. They used to check for bit-switches, but now they just check for a value instead. This means that the check always resolves false, however. I'll need you to send me your save file so I can run it through a script and correct it.

Thanks! :D

I changed the location of Cloud on the world map and things are working fine now, though it'll take a few trials to get the correct coordinates.

Maziac

• View Profile
« Reply #8248 on: 2019-07-14 16:11:53 »
Just finished Disc 1 on the latest build Arrange mode, but there was no option to choose Phoenix Down or not, Cloud just used it automatically. Or was the option when Cloud was swinging his sword before the cutscene? I tried it twice but maybe I did something wrong.

Now I get to see what could have been :)
« Last Edit: 2019-07-14 17:09:34 by Maziac »

Torawakamaru

• View Profile
« Reply #8249 on: 2019-07-14 16:55:42 »
After the mimic fight the game softlocks if you leave the altar and enter it again. Cloud jumps onto the platform and is walking eternally towards the stairs (Mario 64 reference?  :-o )

And Barrets ultimate weapon only has 4 slots? Is that because of the AP-scaling?
« Last Edit: 2019-07-14 18:49:46 by Torawakamaru »