Author Topic: Im going to be a father!  (Read 9186 times)

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: Im going to be a father!
« Reply #1 on: 2011-06-27 22:37:03 »
Haha! You didn't set the permissions on that post public, so only your friends (or maybe friends of friends) can see it!

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-06-27 22:38:34 »
indeed.

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-06-28 03:06:59 »
Ahh its my wifes profile, anyhow its just a pic of the positive Birth control test.

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-06-28 03:09:48 »
Ahh its my wifes profile, anyhow its just a pic of the positive Birth control test.
birth control = no baby
positive = yes
birth control + positive = yes no baby

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011-06-28 03:23:42 »
I thought it was gonna be somethin really bad, the preview said

"I am going to be a fat..."

Jaki

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011-06-28 03:25:09 »
« Last Edit: 2014-06-19 13:26:59 by Jaki »

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #7 on: 2011-06-28 03:30:51 »
congratulations dude, just make sure the kid gets a good healthy dose of FFVII, it is always good to have a healthy dose of FFVII

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011-06-28 04:37:13 »
I gotta work harder at improving FF7 for he/she then. Also I dont want my child to see a Computer as an internet machine for entertainment, but rather a POWERFUL tool begging to be used. I believe instilling this in the child early will benefit in the coming days of technology.

Because technology WILL go both ways you know. Kids now are mindless because of it, sure dont want my child to be.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #9 on: 2011-06-28 12:02:03 »
I hate to be a downer right now, but a positive Pregnancy test don't mean you'll have a baby. My wife had a positive and we had a miscarriage six-seven weeks in. Also, it's possible (especially if she recently stopped taking a birth control pill) that it was a false positive. If you get eleven to thirteen weeks in the chances of miscarriage go WAY down.

I'm expecting too so congrats from another expectant father!!

Opine

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011-06-28 14:57:34 »
Congrats NFITC1
Sorry to hear about your previous issues. Our thoughts will be with you and the wife this time!

He has a good point though. General advise is to not announce a pregnancy until the end of the first trimester. As miscarriages are very common early on.

However, I'd guess JDM didn't get a false positive, seeing as how most first timers probably don't test until after their period is already AWOL. But you're right that it's best to be cautiously happy atm.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #11 on: 2011-06-28 18:53:04 »
I gotta work harder at improving FF7 for he/she then. Also I dont want my child to see a Computer as an internet machine for entertainment, but rather a POWERFUL tool begging to be used. I believe instilling this in the child early will benefit in the coming days of technology.

Because technology WILL go both ways you know. Kids now are mindless because of it, sure dont want my child to be.

whats your definition of "kids now", what ages.

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011-06-29 08:20:45 »
Ranging anywhere from 6 to 23.

I know 6 year olds with smartphones, and a couple of 4 year olds with new laptops, one spilled coke on his and broke it...im sorry but #$%^ that.

Otherwise I mean people my age.We all dont use computers how they SHOULD be used. To many of us its just a new entertainment box to finally kick out TV's. I havent watched tv in over a month, although we do have an extended cable package.

My problem arises more in my own experiences than what is wholly tangible in this world of ours.From what Ive seen there are very few that even use computers like we do, and we dont do much. Some people here have serious skillz, but all in all we all are pretty lacking compared to professionals. I want my child to see a computer as a professional tool, that can do almost anything you need. Not as an entertainment center, ya know?

My child will always see me photoshopping, coding, and OC'ing,etc. Not surfing the net and watching videos and listening to music(Which I love lol)This way maybe I can instill a notion that the computer is more of a tool, and less of an object that entertains.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2011-06-29 15:14:53 »
Then teach yer kids math, cuz computers are really just fancy and expensive calculators :P

That being said, be careful about what you "want your kids to be like" n all that jazz... it'll usually come to bite you in the arse. i.e. yer kid'll be a jock, or something off the wall from yer plans.

(this comes from my various nieces and nephews who by n large grew against the parents plans (in the 2-6 range)

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2011-06-29 17:48:12 »
yer kid'll be a jock, or something off the wall from yer plans.

Arrr, matey!

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2011-06-29 18:45:06 »
I be ay pirate!

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #16 on: 2011-06-29 18:51:27 »
Ranging anywhere from 6 to 23.

I know 6 year olds with smartphones, and a couple of 4 year olds with new laptops, one spilled coke on his and broke it...im sorry but #$%^ that.

Otherwise I mean people my age.We all dont use computers how they SHOULD be used. To many of us its just a new entertainment box to finally kick out TV's. I havent watched tv in over a month, although we do have an extended cable package.

My problem arises more in my own experiences than what is wholly tangible in this world of ours.From what Ive seen there are very few that even use computers like we do, and we dont do much. Some people here have serious skillz, but all in all we all are pretty lacking compared to professionals. I want my child to see a computer as a professional tool, that can do almost anything you need. Not as an entertainment center, ya know?

My child will always see me photoshopping, coding, and OC'ing,etc. Not surfing the net and watching videos and listening to music(Which I love lol)This way maybe I can instill a notion that the computer is more of a tool, and less of an object that entertains.

well dude, to be honest, the problem i see their is that we are going into an era where a computer is both, it is a tool, and it is entertainment.

hell i don't even see tv's lasting any longer then 50 more years, computer can do the same thing after all.

what you need to teach your child is that while it can be for entertainment, and used as a tool, a computer is not just a toy you can do whatever you want with, teach em that things done on the computer can have serious consequences.

PS: hey Timu, can i borrow a few gold coins for me boat?

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2011-06-30 02:11:00 »
Screw computers, my kid is going to be a pirate now!

AVAST!

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2011-06-30 02:17:44 »
Screw computers, my kid is going to be a pirate now!

AVAST!

But computers and piracy go hand in hand!  :roll:

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2011-06-30 02:45:20 »
When my child turns 6, I'm going to show him 4chan.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2011-06-30 15:59:17 »

By then, he'll be too old for /b/

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #21 on: 2011-06-30 20:11:24 »

i feel so sorry for your child