Author Topic: Battle screen blacked out?  (Read 2291 times)

socalzfinest23

Battle screen blacked out?
« on: 2008-06-06 08:49:52 »
I am extremly new to the whole ps games on the comp thing so be gentle :P
I have ff7 on .iso and run it on EPSXE160.
I am able to load the iso and everything runs fine UNTIL any fight sequence... the whole bottom half of my screen (all my attacks spells etc) is blacked out and well it pretty much ruins the game.
As stated before, i am very new and have searched through the forums quite a bit for a solution to no avail, a walk-through with download links or something of the nature would be much appriciated.
Thanks.  :-D

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
Re: Battle screen blacked out?
« Reply #1 on: 2008-06-06 11:59:46 »
If you go to video options on PsxE (if your using pete's plugins (which you should)) there is an option for specific game related problems, tick it, and set the option for FF7 battle swirl to on, and run the game.  This should sort any battle screen related problems.

Hope it helps. :-)

Terid__K

« Reply #2 on: 2008-06-06 15:08:19 »
First of all, you should know that a new ePSXe version has just been released, after 4 years of no updates. Version 1.7.0. Check here for the news:

http://www.ngemu.com/ (Don't worry, this site doesn't distribute ROMs or Bios, just the emulators.)

This version fixes compatibility issues with a lot of games, as well as it improves the mdec playback. So naturally, updating to this version should be the first thing to try out.

The graphics plugins have been updated as well, so it may fix this graphic problem.

socalzfinest23

« Reply #3 on: 2008-06-06 18:40:07 »
yeah, i forgot to mention that i had tried that already griever and nothing.
i wasnt aware that there was a new version and graphics plugin, ill check that out now and let you know how it goes, thanks.
« Last Edit: 2008-06-06 18:42:39 by socalzfinest23 »

socalzfinest23

« Reply #4 on: 2008-06-06 18:54:42 »
Ok well i grabbed epsxe 1.70 and downloaded Pete's OpenGL2 GPU plugin (assuming this is the right one for my 8800GT?)
And now... my screen just completely blacks out after the "sony entertainment" screen...  :|