Author Topic: The red man  (Read 5806 times)

ultima espio

• View Profile
The red man
« on: 2008-12-04 14:10:27 »

A little tweaking and he appears again. I dont know if he does anything, because i cant get to him for the strange 2nd Cloud and the treasure chest.

Tyler_Wu

• View Profile
Re: The red man
« Reply #1 on: 2008-12-04 14:18:49 »
Seriously, what the hell is that anyways? Its kinda creepy lookin...

lorddolor1989

• only thing a man needs is the love of a woman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-12-04 16:25:02 »
If you look the red man closely appears samara and kills you XD

Tsetra

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-12-05 18:57:16 »
I hadn't even thought to open up that level. Is it just an opcode that keeps him from appearing? Does he have his own branch of scripts in Meteor?

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-12-05 23:44:04 »
he's just a part of the background, he is on the lowest layer, so all the other layers overlap him, the best guess, is that he is the signature of the guy who made that specific area (although, an idea just popped into my head, perhaps he could be a relic of what the characters looked like in an early beta)

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-12-06 13:27:44 »
He has his own little code in the level. He is knows as "doll". I removed the script "bg off" and he appeared.
he's just a part of the background, he is on the lowest layer, so all the other layers overlap him, the best guess, is that he is the signature of the guy who made that specific area (although, an idea just popped into my head, perhaps he could be a relic of what the characters looked like in an early beta)

That could be true, or if the rumor of Test 0 is correct, he was the thing that triggered that battle with it.

Tyler_Wu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-12-06 14:52:06 »
Rumour of test 0?

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008-12-06 15:21:13 »
Rumour of test 0?

Quote from: FF7 Citadel
10. Test 0
In the Japanese version of Final Fantasy VII, this beast is allegedly an optional boss that exists in the Corel Prison, specifically the pit where the empty chest is. It resembles a dog and is supposed to be worth a lot of experience points. However, I haven't been able to find any evidence of this monster's existance either in K. Megura's import FAQ (see Game Information) or in official Japanese game guides. Very suspicious...

UPDATE (July 2006): So it seems that an unofficial guide, The Completely Unauthorized Final Fantasy VII Ultimate Guide (known to hardcore FFVII collectors as the "Versus Guide", after the book's publisher), has some information about this monster. It claims that it did appear in the original Japanese version of FFVII and was removed for the game's English-language release. This book's small section on Test 0, including stats and screenshots, can be found here. Special thanks to Fox Fire for the info and the scan!

http://www.ff7citadel.com/rumors/r_monsters.shtml

Seems to be a test monster

Tsetra

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008-12-11 16:26:08 »
I'm calling BS on the Test 0 rumor, I think someone made that up thinking nobody would be able to get their hands on the Japanese version of the game, especially back then with slow internet and less news abroad on games. It should be trivial to debunk that today by simply downloading the Japanese version ISO, editing a save game to that point, then going down there. I don't condone piracy, but considering most of us have the game legitimately I'd say a download for testing purposes here would be warranted. It'd also be nice to tear apart the rest of the game to see what other information comes up.

Jonnylossus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008-12-11 17:32:09 »
@ultima espio

All of these "monsters" (described there) are fakes.. And as you know, it is not hard to create a monster with these stats to create screenshots.

I think that it is a graphical error.. But i don't know for sure.

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008-12-13 21:23:37 »
He has his own little code in the level. He is knows as "doll". I removed the script "bg off" and he appeared.

That could be true, or if the rumor of Test 0 is correct, he was the thing that triggered that battle with it.

...If he has his own code in the level, that would mean he can be put into other levels as well, right?  So maybe if we put him somewhere else with that code, he'll appear different, or maybe he'll actually be interactable or something.  For some reason, he's always reeked of Debug mode to me, so maybe we should do some playing around with that