Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4878876 times)

nforzer

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0)
« Reply #9850 on: 2020-07-28 17:27:31 »
The latest versions currently up should have this fixed.
That's odd. I have 2.0.1 installed, but it is still there. Characters are just standing and doing nothing, the music is playing, but no actions are performed.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9851 on: 2020-07-28 17:30:51 »
Activating the red alarm box next to the exercising troops in Junon causes a crash after a few steps are taken. Tested on Disc 1, would usually result in Disc 2 encounters in the area, untested for further game progression
Save: https://mega.nz/file/WcZBFSpa#IXUbvWw2LiHa-xxLX8NwDeXHVc4jdVGDVP5V-I36q6o
FFNx.log: https://pastebin.com/sxQhisEf

I'll look at that just now.

That's odd. I have 2.0.1 installed, but it is still there. Characters are just standing and doing nothing, the music is playing, but no actions are performed.

No worries, I'll have a 2nd look at it. Might be that I've missed something else about it.

hg8000

• View Profile
« Reply #9852 on: 2020-07-28 17:45:39 »
Declining the ride with a heli-taxi on the street outside the hotel seems to not return control to the player btw

Kurne

• View Profile
« Reply #9853 on: 2020-07-28 18:06:58 »
The hybrid brace that you get from morphing the riding cart skeleton thing in the train ghost yard says it gives 15 to str/magic but it actually just gives 30 to dexterity when i equip it and look at the character status screen

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9854 on: 2020-07-28 18:10:01 »
Declining the ride with a heli-taxi on the street outside the hotel seems to not return control to the player btw

Patches up, included this heli taxi fix.

The hybrid brace that you get from morphing the riding cart skeleton thing in the train ghost yard says it gives 15 to str/magic but it actually just gives 30 to dexterity when i equip it and look at the character status screen

There is no hybrid brace in NT 2.0. What version are you using? IRO, Installer?

Edit: If you're using spell names with NT option then bear in mind that's for 1.5, not 2.0.
« Last Edit: 2020-07-28 18:11:32 by Sega Chief »

hg8000

• View Profile
« Reply #9855 on: 2020-07-28 18:28:48 »
7th heaven gives me an error when trying to update. Is the mega folder public? Might just need a while.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9856 on: 2020-07-28 18:34:38 »
7th heaven gives me an error when trying to update. Is the mega folder public? Might just need a while.

Might be because it's same day, so it thinks its same one; download it from the link on the front page of this thread for now and delete the one you got from the catalog.

Edit: Actually, think it wasn't right link in catalog pastebin. Might be worth trying it now but I think previous NT 2.0 IRO needs deleted first from your 7h or it won't download due to date version.

Edit: Catalog is on the fritz, use the direct download on 1st page for now while I figure it out.
« Last Edit: 2020-07-28 20:31:14 by Sega Chief »

Kurne

• View Profile
« Reply #9857 on: 2020-07-28 21:14:34 »
bleh x.x.... figured it would just update spell names that were from the 1.5 mod, didn't think it would break the names of unrelated areas.  well never the less i turned it off and it reads proper now.   i wish had stolen a few more of them xD  thats a good item didnt know about the status effects it guards against lol.. hopefully i can find more later.  already at shrina hq so can't go back.. i don't think?  maybe i can >->   hm...

hate having to disable it though :(  the spell names are better than vanilla :'(   it'll be alright though i guess, something that can be lived without :)   I still vouche for better limit breaks or at least more powerful creatures for vincent :(   would be amazing to put in a mini update maybe the model or change up the abilities, more powerful stuff. can't control him so why not?    please super duper consider this :D.   I remember right, he still felt half broken on prior versions limit break wise, just couldn't make a good use for it..    :D
« Last Edit: 2020-07-28 21:18:16 by Kurne »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9858 on: 2020-07-28 21:43:49 »
bleh x.x.... figured it would just update spell names that were from the 1.5 mod, didn't think it would break the names of unrelated areas.  well never the less i turned it off and it reads proper now.   i wish had stolen a few more of them xD  thats a good item didnt know about the status effects it guards against lol.. hopefully i can find more later.  already at shrina hq so can't go back.. i don't think?  maybe i can >->   hm...

hate having to disable it though :(  the spell names are better than vanilla :'(   it'll be alright though i guess, something that can be lived without :)   I still vouche for better limit breaks or at least more powerful creatures for vincent :(   would be amazing to put in a mini update maybe the model or change up the abilities, more powerful stuff. can't control him so why not?    please super duper consider this :D.   I remember right, he still felt half broken on prior versions limit break wise, just couldn't make a good use for it..    :D

Shouldn't be any harm done to the actual data, so at least there's that. I'll be making iterative updates to 2.0 over time based on feedback and I saw Vincent in action on the beta run and the same old limitations of his Limits persist, though there are some effective builds that can be pulled off using the stat%+ effects.

Edit: Regarding the catalog, I swapped over the G-Drive from Mega and it seems to be working better now. I'll try putting the other IROs in the catalog over to this and will swap over to G-Drive if it proves more reliable.

rhymesmatter

• View Profile
« Reply #9859 on: 2020-07-28 21:46:44 »
Hello Sega Chief! Thanks for the amazing mod btw! I just needed to ask you somehting regarding New Threat Vanilla Combat: Is it possible to provide like a thorough "What changes" list and "What stays the same" ? It's just that the description on it is slightly vague, it would be nice to know what I am getting into If I am choosing it over normal NT you know?

rhymesmatter

• View Profile
« Reply #9860 on: 2020-07-28 21:49:06 »
Ah Actually sorry! I didn't realise that you had already answered! Sorry sorry, It's just that the post doesn't appear on my "posts" on my account page! Thanks for the reply mate!

Metsys

• View Profile
« Reply #9861 on: 2020-07-28 21:50:50 »
Hi, just wanted to say that congrats sega chief on 2.0 release, im playing right now, lots of fun.
Also, neat from you to add Remake cloud punisher mode ability in new threat haha, i bet that was the inspiration. Looking forward to FF8 new threat, that game really needs tweaks and it would be an amazing thing.

Also a question about story A and B. I assume that story A is pretty much the original, but what about B?
Spoiler: show
Ive played multiple version of new threat before, so i assume story B is pretty much aerith lives and thats it. Or did you go deeper on changing events? maybe even adding small remake nods?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9862 on: 2020-07-28 22:09:01 »
Ah Actually sorry! I didn't realise that you had already answered! Sorry sorry, It's just that the post doesn't appear on my "posts" on my account page! Thanks for the reply mate!

No worries.

Hi, just wanted to say that congrats sega chief on 2.0 release, im playing right now, lots of fun.
Also, neat from you to add Remake cloud punisher mode ability in new threat haha, i bet that was the inspiration. Looking forward to FF8 new threat, that game really needs tweaks and it would be an amazing thing.

Also a question about story A and B. I assume that story A is pretty much the original, but what about B?
Ive played multiple version of new threat before, so i assume story B is pretty much aerith lives and thats it. Or did you go deeper on changing events? maybe even adding small remake nods?

That option is available in both game types. Type B changes the game's events, so that different things happen but you'll end up at the same place in the end, just through different means and different battles.

Metsys

• View Profile
« Reply #9863 on: 2020-07-28 22:13:21 »
That option is available in both game types. Type B changes the game's events, so that different things happen but you'll end up at the same place in the end, just through different means and different battles.

Oh ok, thanks!
« Last Edit: 2020-07-30 22:32:45 by Metsys »

Dalkil

• View Profile
« Reply #9864 on: 2020-07-28 23:58:40 »
Hey, Sega! I followed your advice and played through the end of the storyline of 1.5 version. I fought against
Jenova/Sephirot
and won. Twice. And then I got the congratulations screen, but after that, the game closed abruplty both times and sent me to my desktop. I don't know if this is intended (I guess it isn't), so... the only thing that might be causing the problem is a conflict with other mods. But... I don't know what mods could be the cause.

Have any user ever experienced this issue before? I'll attach a screen about the kind of mods I have installed through 7th Heaven 2.2.

I know you are very busy with 2.0 right now. I'm not doing a new game + but go to 2.0 type B directly, so if you don't have a clue about what might be causing my problem, I'll just forget about it and move on to 2.0

Thanks for your work, man. 1.5 was a great experience!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9865 on: 2020-07-29 00:01:26 »
Hey, Sega! I followed your advice and played through the end of the storyline of 1.5 version. I fought against
Jenova/Sephirot
and won. Twice. And then I got the congratulations screen, but after that, the game closed abruplty both times and sent me to my desktop. I don't know if this is intended (I guess it isn't), so... the only thing that might be causing the problem is a conflict with other mods. But... I don't know what mods could be the cause.

Have any user ever experienced this issue before? I'll attach a screen about the kind of mods I have installed through 7th Heaven 2.2.

I know you are very busy with 2.0 right now. I'm not doing a new game + but go to 2.0 type B directly, so if you don't have a clue about what might be causing my problem, I'll just forget about it and move on to 2.0

Thanks for your work, man. 1.5 was a great experience!

I'm afraid that's how it ends, on the Arrange mode it takes the player to that church screen and then closes out (when the ending FMV is played, it does the same thing after and auto-closes). I'll add the ending FMV onto the screen after it so it's not missed. The ending should play on normal mode of 1.5 though.

PokeFaize

• View Profile
« Reply #9866 on: 2020-07-29 00:52:46 »
Heyo! Started 2.0 today, and really enjoying the changes! Really looking forward to Game Type B! :D

mildly sad we can't bench Cloud upon leaving Midgar, but I take it that doing such would involve a lot of script editing? If so, it's perfectly understandable to keep this as endgame content after reaching the bottom of the Northern Crater.

Also, I experienced a crash in the Mithril Mines when loading into the screen where the Turks ambush you. No other mods are in use, as I used the installer version. The screen simply faded to black to load in the next room, then crashed mid-load.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9867 on: 2020-07-29 01:34:00 »
Heyo! Started 2.0 today, and really enjoying the changes! Really looking forward to Game Type B! :D

mildly sad we can't bench Cloud upon leaving Midgar, but I take it that doing such would involve a lot of script editing? If so, it's perfectly understandable to keep this as endgame content after reaching the bottom of the Northern Crater.

Also, I experienced a crash in the Mithril Mines when loading into the screen where the Turks ambush you. No other mods are in use, as I used the installer version. The screen simply faded to black to load in the next room, then crashed mid-load.

Is it consistently crashing for you? The field is loading on my end when I use the installer version. Definitely the latest installer version being used?

Dalkil

• View Profile
« Reply #9868 on: 2020-07-29 02:41:52 »
I'm afraid that's how it ends, on the Arrange mode it takes the player to that church screen and then closes out (when the ending FMV is played, it does the same thing after and auto-closes). I'll add the ending FMV onto the screen after it so it's not missed. The ending should play on normal mode of 1.5 though.

Ah, that's no problem then. I thought I should be redirected to a new game+ or something. I already know the ending, so it's not a big deal.  8)

PokeFaize

• View Profile
« Reply #9869 on: 2020-07-29 03:30:31 »
Is it consistently crashing for you? The field is loading on my end when I use the installer version. Definitely the latest installer version being used?

I just tried again, and it loaded in just fine. Not sure why it crashed the first time. And yes, this is the latest version, unless a 2.0.2 was uploaded when I wasn't looking lol  ;)

Renyth

• View Profile
« Reply #9870 on: 2020-07-29 05:31:56 »
Hey there Sega, thought I'd let you know there's a softlock involving the Chocobo Captain after the train, not sure what caused it. Was playing Hard Mode so if he had any unique attacks to that mode that might narrow it down. There's no name for the attack, the camera just pans from the chocobo to the target (Tifa in this case) and hangs.

OLKv3

• View Profile
« Reply #9871 on: 2020-07-29 06:04:55 »
Nice, 2.0 is here! Eagerly awaiting Type B, I'll hold off till it's released  :-D

hg8000

• View Profile
« Reply #9872 on: 2020-07-29 09:05:06 »
On the beaches of the Icicle Area there is a giant bird enemy that crashes the game at the start of the encounter. In 1.5 they were called Zuul I believe?
Save: https://mega.nz/file/7ZxFCZCB#A89quwnJ5Q0bXRW4uqwhXx0KsSVgWOMJx5XOwr42BcM
FFNx.log: https://pastebin.com/SAUUGjuE

Should I keep reporting bugs like these one by one or should I simply post all that I've found at the end of the day? I feel like I'm spamming this topic with these a bit, and pushing patches to fix one bug doesn't feel great.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9873 on: 2020-07-29 12:27:41 »
Hey there Sega, thought I'd let you know there's a softlock involving the Chocobo Captain after the train, not sure what caused it. Was playing Hard Mode so if he had any unique attacks to that mode that might narrow it down. There's no name for the attack, the camera just pans from the chocobo to the target (Tifa in this case) and hangs.

Is that with the latest versions? A fix for this should be in the current files.

On the beaches of the Icicle Area there is a giant bird enemy that crashes the game at the start of the encounter. In 1.5 they were called Zuul I believe?
Save: https://mega.nz/file/7ZxFCZCB#A89quwnJ5Q0bXRW4uqwhXx0KsSVgWOMJx5XOwr42BcM
FFNx.log: https://pastebin.com/SAUUGjuE

Should I keep reporting bugs like these one by one or should I simply post all that I've found at the end of the day? I feel like I'm spamming this topic with these a bit, and pushing patches to fix one bug doesn't feel great.

Tonadu or maybe Hurricanu; I've double-checked their AI, attacks, etc. and think it was Tonadu. I'm fine with either bugs being reported when found or stored up and reported all together.

Going forward, I'm going to wait until the end of each day before putting a patche together so that fixes for all reported problems go into the files at the same time. I think that works out better for everyone as the versioning gets a bit confusing. Then later on when bug reports start to dry up I'll move that to once a week.

For now, this is what I'm sitting on:
Code: [Select]
*) Reactor 5: Steal rates adjusted
*) Yuffie Innate: Flag set to counter the previous physical attacker
*) Gorki: Adjusted parameters of the fight; can now be targeted with Magic, and is not immune to Gravity
*) Tonadu: Defined a var at start of fight for random checks, re-checked attacks are set
*) Enemies: Added Hard Mode AI script to several world map enemies
*) Beginner's Hall: A loop error on one of the kid's scripts was removed.
*) Shinra HQ: Added a gil check to the vending machine on floor 64.
*) Kalm: When opening the closet, the dog can become trapped on the player causing a softlock (vanilla)
« Last Edit: 2020-07-29 12:48:53 by Sega Chief »

Ayoyo

• View Profile
« Reply #9874 on: 2020-07-29 13:18:39 »
Yo, playing through 1.5 right now on arrange mode and wondering if something's messed up since I've blown a lot of time trying to morph some latest bosses but haven't gotten anything as a result. I successfully morph-killed the X-ATM in the Shinra tower, Motorball and the Jormungand serpent thingy in Junon, but all of them died with the regular animation and gave no morph loot, so is this intended? I remember it said in the documentation that bosses could be morphed for good stuff early on.

On another note, what would you say are the biggest, or most noticeable, differences between 1.5 and 2.0? Is it actual content such as new scenes, bosses and whatnot, or changes to make the combat more strategic, or something else? I'm hesitant to start a new playthrough as I'm pretty far along 1.5 already..