Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3027070 times)

stylesismilo

• View Profile
I need your save file and reunion.log.  Yes. I cannot recreate it. 

I'd also check your Config to make sure you haven't got 2 keys assigned to same control or something.,

Here you go: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RPQP0MoZMPvBzg2qxnxV0w9_BYy2_U6f

Thanks!

Hot_Sauce

• View Profile
I did a crtl-F and couldn't find anything related on the database

Repeatedly get a crash in Nibelheim that says 'GL_NV_gpu_shader5' is not supported and GL_ARB_bindless_texture' is not supported. This issue never came up in RO6c. Most of the time the crash occurs when I enter Nibelheim but sometimes it allows me to enter, enter into a building and then when I exit the building the crash occurs. After the crash I get called a fool  :'( and told to report the bug.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L1Es2Js2RSdhTsWr26kz55n85nzTF_p-/view?usp=sharing

Everything needed should be there. Save00 and its the very first one.

ffVIItoosweet

• View Profile
Well, considering my other CTD problem I found like an hour or so later, I'm not going to be advancing my full replay any time soon  :-D I'll work on figuring out Black Chocobo to get back to that part and see what I can come up with.

Sorry for my naivete, is this with regards to the CTD event or the model resizing problem? Something tells me since aali appears to be the custom renderer, it's the latter.

Go into Reunion config and disable New Translation. It should look like this now: New_Translation = n

After you do that Nibelheim should work fine. Issue supposed to be fixed in next update R06e

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I did a crtl-F and couldn't find anything related on the database

Repeatedly get a crash in Nibelheim that says 'GL_NV_gpu_shader5' is not supported and GL_ARB_bindless_texture' is not supported. This issue never came up in RO6c. Most of the time the crash occurs when I enter Nibelheim but sometimes it allows me to enter, enter into a building and then when I exit the building the crash occurs. After the crash I get called a fool  :'( and told to report the bug.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L1Es2Js2RSdhTsWr26kz55n85nzTF_p-/view?usp=sharing

Everything needed should be there. Save00 and its the very first one.

09.Mar.2020   sylandro   New Translation   Cid's model will be invisible in the main town square at Niblheim (nivl_3).  This was not fixed in R06d because I was a lazy dick head.  This issue can crash the game, even when Cid is not in your party.   Fixed as of R06e

Can't miss it.  Also, as first post states - use Ctrl-H.  Not F. It's amazing to me how many of you don't read the first post properly (or maybe at all).  I'm going to have to spoon feed a guide on how to check the database and post a proper bug report, aren't I?

Then again, I am also using the non "canon" place names, so Nibelheim wouldn't have got you far.  You need to check the proper tab.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-13 16:48:08 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Here you go: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RPQP0MoZMPvBzg2qxnxV0w9_BYy2_U6f

Thanks!

Cannot replicate it.  I don't know which of your saves to use either.  Also check your config in the game and make sure you aren't in conflict.  Also, is L2 the key that's now controlling help menu?  Select should do nothing.  Check your config.

Also make sure you aren't using some sort of "hext" file or dodgy ff7.exe ff7_en.exe file [needs to be the original] - see the hext.log file.  I can't replicate this bug at all.  Has anyone else seen it?

If no one else gets this issue, I'll release R06e tomorrow everything else being okay.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-14 00:07:46 by DLPB »

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
Also, as first post states - use Ctrl-H.  Not F. It's amazing to me how many of you don't read the first post properly (or maybe at all).  I'm going to have to spoon feed a guide on how to check the database and post a proper bug report, aren't I?

ctrl-h doesnt work to find when using chrome or firefox to view the database, ctrl-f DOES work...

ctrl-h brings up history

and hell no, most people are just trying to play some damn final fantasy 7 with mods, not read a 3247589301758930 page database, cut people some slack will ya?
« Last Edit: 2020-04-14 02:01:48 by Orichalcon »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
it's one tab they're told to use and ctrl h works.  not to mention this thread is swamped with nibelheim bug reports which means they haven't bothered reading latest posts.  Very few are even using the template. under what circumstance is that acceptable.  The answer is no slack. Stop complaining.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-14 11:57:00 by DLPB »

skyhawk

• View Profile
I can't replicate this bug at all.  Has anyone else seen it?
Assuming this is about the flickering help window, no I have not seen that myself.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
im going to conclude there's some sort of bad hext or control or exe file then with his install. ive added hash checking to latest r06e to warn of it.

FantasticMrSocks

• View Profile
Hi, I'm also seeing this issue. I've just made this account, so I can't attach to posts, but here's a link to a Google Drive folder with the relevant files: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15IGFhiRgKLIole-4OC12IFcbDeV99nuN

Per the template:

1. An explanation of the bug
Help window in battles is always on and flickering. The flicker happens with 60fps battles enabled, either interpolated or non-interpolated. It does not happen with 60fps battles disabled. It appears to switch between flickering at 15hz and 30hz. When it flickers at 15hz, all battle animations run at half speed. It does not affect the rest of the UI, which still runs at 60fps with no slowdown.

My save file was created in a game running Reunion r06b, which was updated to r06d. It has the help window mapped to Select rather than L2. When 60fps battles are enabled, pressing Select does not turn off the help window, but does interrupt the flicker very briefly, for a frame or two. When 60fps battles are not enabled, pressing Select toggles the help menu as usual.

I did not see this issue in r06b; it only started happening as soon as I installed r06d.

2. Does the bug happen at same point more than once?
It happens in every battle. The issue persists even after restarting the game or rebooting the computer.

3. App.log (found in root folder)
In Google Drive link

4. Reunion.log (found in The_Reunion folder)
also in Google Drive link

5. crash.dmp (found in root folder)
Not a crash, so no crash dump available

6. Your save file from just before the crash or hang
Not a crash, but I've included a save file anyway.

7. Audio.log (found in The_Reunion folder)
Not an audio issue, but I know bugs can turn up in the weirdest places so I've included that as well.

8. Your CPU spec
Intel Core i708650U; 1.9 GHz

9. Your operating system
Windows 10, version 1909

It may also be useful to note that I'm using a Microsoft Surface Book 2 with discrete graphics. I don't know how useful that information may be to triaging the bug, but if anyone else runs into the same problem on the same hardware then at least they'll know it's not just them.

I've also included hext.log in the google drive folder, since you mentioned above that there might be a hext issue. As for the exe file, I have not modified any executables in this installation, so they came straight from Steam.

wwzwave14

• View Profile
Hello, I would like to report the following issue (using R06d) :

Description : After completing the snowboarding minigame at the Icicle town (story : following Elena/Sephiroth), the game crashes as soon as you leave the area in which you end up being right after the minigame.

Log files : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kE_rKK7D8F1dh8icdKWEf5g-FdkyhSS3

Edit : Disabling audio logging seems to have solved the issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your work.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-14 20:46:03 by wwzwave14 »

Evaristo Cloud

• View Profile
me ajuda POR FAVOR :'( :'( :'(

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Wow... a proper bug report! 

It's VERY strange you're still mapped to Select... I mean it's 100% changed.  So how that could be is beyond me.   Do you know how to debug in memory?  I'd like to see what's happening at certain memory address if possible.  If not, this is going to be a a bit hard to locate.

Does L2 work instead of select when 60fps is disabled?  Have you checked config screen to make sure no conflicts with keys?  Please send me a picture of in-game config screen.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-14 23:05:56 by DLPB »

FantasticMrSocks

• View Profile
Here's the in-game control screen: https://i.imgur.com/nzD09YX.png
For reference, I'm using a Steam controller with its buttons mapped to the relevant keyboard keys, as seen here: https://i.imgur.com/ceZBaV4.png

With 60fps disabled, L2 does not toggle the help window.

I know my way around a debugger, but not quite so far as reading memory directly. What tools do you use for debugging?

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
Wow... a proper bug report! 

It's VERY strange you're still mapped to Select... I mean it's 100% changed.  So how that could be is beyond me.   Do you know how to debug in memory?  I'd like to see what's happening at certain memory address if possible.  If not, this is going to be a a bit hard to locate.

Does L2 work instead of select when 60fps is disabled?  Have you checked config screen to make sure no conflicts with keys?  Please send me a picture of in-game config screen.

its possible for the steam controller mapping to be in effect at the same time as another, perhaps thats whats causing this, when i first started with plain r06 i had a button mapping situation where every time i pressed 'OK' it would get registered twice until i played with steam's controller mapping

but yeah, this bug not happening to me at all either
« Last Edit: 2020-04-15 01:27:04 by Orichalcon »

RynxXK5

• View Profile
Hello,
So dumb question probably, but is there a way I could use Tsunamods Arranged Soundtrack along with Remako with The Reunion?
I have Remako and The Reunion working correctly but I am trying to get the soundtrack into the game but haven't had any luck.
Any help is appreciated, thanks.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
its possible for the steam controller mapping to be in effect at the same time as another, perhaps thats whats causing this, when i first started with plain r06 i had a button mapping situation where every time i pressed 'OK' it would get registered twice until i played with steam's controller mapping

but yeah, this bug not happening to me at all either

I'd say this is a likely contender.

skyhawk

• View Profile
How to add/change music assets
Assume [DIR] is your FF7 installation directory. For me that's C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII\

Edit [DIR]\The_Reunion\Options.ini
set MOD_ID = mine [Pick any name you like, so long as it's not a variant of None]

Create [DIR]\The_Reunion\CUSTOM\mine

Any assets you place in here will override the base assets from The Reunion or the base game, whichever is applicable.

Music files go in mine\Music. You'll need to rename the files to comply with Reunions naming scheme. You can see the original file names in The_Reunion\BASE\Music. The new file names must start with the same three-digit number as the files you wish to override.

I've probably waffled on more than needed, as you say you already have the textures working. Good luck!

stylesismilo

• View Profile
Hi, I'm also seeing this issue. I've just made this account, so I can't attach to posts, but here's a link to a Google Drive folder with the relevant files: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15IGFhiRgKLIole-4OC12IFcbDeV99nuN

Per the template:

Help window in battles is always on and flickering. The flicker happens with 60fps battles enabled, either interpolated or non-interpolated. It does not happen with 60fps battles disabled. It appears to switch between flickering at 15hz and 30hz. When it flickers at 15hz, all battle animations run at half speed. It does not affect the rest of the UI, which still runs at 60fps with no slowdown.

My save file was created in a game running Reunion r06b, which was updated to r06d. It has the help window mapped to Select rather than L2. When 60fps battles are enabled, pressing Select does not turn off the help window, but does interrupt the flicker very briefly, for a frame or two. When 60fps battles are not enabled, pressing Select toggles the help menu as usual.

I did not see this issue in r06b; it only started happening as soon as I installed r06d.

It happens in every battle. The issue persists even after restarting the game or rebooting the computer.

In Google Drive link

also in Google Drive link

Not a crash, so no crash dump available

Not a crash, but I've included a save file anyway.

7. Audio.log (found in The_Reunion folder)
Not an audio issue, but I know bugs can turn up in the weirdest places so I've included that as well.

8. Your CPU spec
Intel Core i708650U; 1.9 GHz

9. Your operating system
Windows 10, version 1909

It may also be useful to note that I'm using a Microsoft Surface Book 2 with discrete graphics. I don't know how useful that information may be to triaging the bug, but if anyone else runs into the same problem on the same hardware then at least they'll know it's not just them.

I've also included hext.log in the google drive folder, since you mentioned above that there might be a hext issue. As for the exe file, I have not modified any executables in this installation, so they came straight from Steam.

I tested and I realized that if Im not running 60fps, the help window in battles will not flicker. But I don't see the slow down of the battle animations when it flickers.

The only thing I did was using the game converter to convert it to the cd version as I initially wanted to use 7th Heaven, which then moves the whole game folder to a non Steam folder.

stylesismilo

• View Profile
Apologies for double post as I can't edit the previous one.

In the non 60fps battle, the help window still comes up every time the battle initiates. Pressing the select key or the "del" key on the keyboard removes it. But it always reappears in the next battle.

Cloud’s Stripe

• View Profile
hello, i encountered the following bug and i didn't find it in the Database. i can't attach files here, so here's the google drive link with the necessary files: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1RC5IQ7BVM2_pq7pRou602eZ8ooXTZkZs

-After fighting Yuffie for the first time in the Gongaga area, calling up the menu after losing the fight and returning to the field bugged the screen as provided in the screenshot (google drive link). The game froze without crashing, the music kept playing. Controller, nor keyboard responded so i had to alt F4 out of the game.
-I noticed during the same fight that Yuffie's eyes were transparant during the camera movement of one of her attacks. I wasn't able to get a close up and take a screenshot, i don't have Model Overhaul enabled.

fyi: Beside RO6d i have satsuki's SYW installer enabled (without:Menu and Magic&Battle FX), as well as Sega Chief's No Mouth Mod files replacing those in RO6d's BASE->Closed_Mouths folder.

Yes, i recreated the exact same bug after fighting Yuffie and opening the menu. The bug did not occur when fighting monsters in the same wood area.

3. App.log
see google drive link

4. Reunion.log
see google drive link

5. crash.dmp
No crash file, the game freezes.

6. Your save file from just before the crash or hang.
see google drive link

7. Audio.log
Not an audio issue, but as it's the only thing that kept going i'll provide it as well in the google drive link.

i5 2500k; 3,3GHz

Win10 v.1909

ps: i was idling during the fight with Yuffie as i have similar issues with the controller as discussed above since installing RO6d: (I've provided a screenshot in the google drive link.)
-button presses on the controller register twice sometimes
-pressing the confirm button registers the button immediately in the ingame controller config. i have to confirm the buttons with the keyboard, then press the controller.
-L2 and R2 on the DS4 controller connected through usb don't register. Not in the ingame controller config, nor in the ffvii launcher. the keyboard works fine and executes the commands the controller won't do.

-i cannot get NFIT1C's WallMarket 1.4.5 to work since updating to RO6d. Am i missing something obvious related to RO6 new structure or provided base mod files?

Thanks!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
You guys have to have some sort of dodgy controller setup or it would happen to everyone.

Also, you're prob better adding sound effects and music to GLOBAL.  Or you'll need to add them to every custom folder.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-15 19:23:34 by DLPB »

DoubleUpDojo

• View Profile
where can i download this mod at? im looking for an English retranslation mod.

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
where can i download this mod at? im looking for an English retranslation mod.

first post on page 1...

to all those with the flickering help window:

launch big picture mode in steam and find this screen:

and make sure the controller you're using is checked

then try button mapping with steam again

zrsj98

• View Profile
Reunion not working at all after install. No indication that it is detected.

See above.

Empty.

The_Reunion folder exists. Reunion.log does not exist.

Does not exist.

Not needed

8. Your CPU spec
Intel Core i7-8750H @ 12x 4.1GHz

9. Your operating system
Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic

I am playing the game through Steam's Proton WINE fork
« Last Edit: 2020-04-16 04:29:06 by zrsj98 »