Author Topic: SOLVED: FF8 stuttering problems  (Read 1940 times)

SlayaDud

SOLVED: FF8 stuttering problems
« on: 2011-07-13 02:42:07 »
Hey guys I just installed FF8 today and applied the 1.2 patch along with adding the Soundfont enhanced sound files. Anyway I notice the game usually runs perfectly but sometimes the game might stutter. Sometimes its so bad that I feared the game froze but I just waited a few seconds and it started running again. For example at the begging after the girl runs into you when u take here to the fountain where the save point is and you walk down the stairs then it fades to black and shows the map of the campus, it stuttered really really bad. I seriously thought my game froze but I just waited and it kept unfreezing for a second or two and going back and forth. I don't understand this as I have a ASUS G73JH which is a pretty powerful laptop. I also have FF7 with a bunch of mods on my laptop and it runs flawlessly. Any help would be appreciated as I would like this game to run perfectly.

*EDIT* I just tried switching from windowed mode to fullscreen and so far that seems to have fixed the problem, but I would like to be able to run it in a window, any reason why it has trouble running in a window?
« Last Edit: 2011-07-13 02:54:07 by SlayaDud »