Author Topic: [FF8PC - Steam] Succession Mod (v.1.0)  (Read 74045 times)

Percival

• View Profile
Re: [FF8PC - Steam] Succession Mod (v.1.0)
« Reply #75 on: 2020-11-28 16:20:31 »
My first playthrough of this game is with YOUR script, so for the rest of my life, your version will be the one that shines.

That makes me very intrigued, and a little nervous... Most people who play this mod will already have a fairly intimate knowledge of the vanilla story, including myself, of course. And I wrote this mod with that in mind. That means that your perspective and feedback will be highly unique, and potentially very informative. You might notice something that I and other players are more likely to overlook. And if your girlfriend is playing the original, perhaps the two of you can compare notes!

Please let me know if you run into any story moments that appear confusing or contradictory. And don't forget to make liberal use of the spoiler feature whenever appropriate.
« Last Edit: 2020-11-28 16:52:19 by Percival »

Percival

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2020-11-28 16:26:40 »
I think next time I play will be using PSIO on the PS1.  Will this mod be in any way compatible?  That would be amazing if so.

I'm not familiar with PSIO. Isn't it some sort of streaming service? If it relies on local files on your hard drive, then it would depend on the file structure. If the files are the same as the steam version, then this mod should work just fine. But if it functions like an ISO-style emulator, then no.

Percival

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2020-11-28 16:34:20 »
will you ever port this to Remastered?

I have to be honest, I was VERY disappointed with the 'Remastered' release, especially when comparing it to all the incredible work from the A Class modders on this site. I haven't even looked into modding for it, yet.

I absolutely plan on making this mod compatible with the Remaster, but I'm not yet sure if it will be an easy process, or a hard one.

FatherMcKenzie

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2020-11-28 17:11:48 »
Christmas came early this year :)

I would encourage you to post this on Reddit, both r/FinalFantasyVIII and r/FinalFantasy

The simplicity of the mod is notable as well. That could draw in a lot of first-time modders or those hesitant to mod.

Congrats on this big undertaking!!

Percival

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2020-11-28 17:45:54 »
I would encourage you to post this on Reddit, both r/FinalFantasyVIII and r/FinalFantasy

Thanks!  That's very good advice. As a general rule, I avoid Reddit like I avoid drinking mercury. But in this case, I'm sure you're right.

Also, FatherMcKenzie, I am very interested in your feedback on the Squall/Quistis relationship. I took your previous feedback very seriously, and did my best to bring that tension to the forefront in disc 3. There were not a lot of opportunities, but I would like to think I did well with what was available. (Don't forget to complete the Card Club quest!)
« Last Edit: 2020-11-28 17:52:19 by Percival »

Rikku

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2020-11-28 19:02:19 »
I am looking forward to play it :)

@Rikku  Thank you so much!

In regards to Ragnarok, as I have said before, Succession is compatible with anything that doesn't change the field.fs files. That makes it compatible with almost all graphical mods, and around 85% of Ragnarok.

I use Ragnarok regularily, and love it, and Succession is compatible with all of the battle related changes, and character/ability changes. But any event related changes (extra battles, quests, item rewards, drawpoints, card locations) are, very sadly, not compatible at this point.

I do, however, plan to soon release a compatibility version of Martial Law. It is a re-balanced version that plays well with Ragnarok. It is the version I currently use.

anikava

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2020-11-28 20:00:49 »
I know it's not possible ATM but i wish so much i would be able to play this mod with randomiser from Maelstorm, but unfortunately they seem to alter one and the same file. Could you make somehow sometime a way to do it, please?
https://github.com/sleepeybunney/maelstrom/tree/master/FF8Mod    :'(

Kandy_Man

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2020-11-28 22:18:19 »
  I'm not familiar with PSIO. Isn't it some sort of streaming service? If it relies on local files on your hard drive, then it would depend on the file structure. If the files are the same as the steam version, then this mod should work just fine. But if it functions like an ISO-style emulator, then no.
PSIO is essentially a flash drive for the PS1.  I'm basically asking if this mod would be compatible with the OG PS1 version of the game.  I highly doubt it will be, but it would cool if it was :)

Kandy_Man

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2020-12-04 09:27:17 »
I reinstalled FF8 on my laptop to give this mod a try and I'm so glad I did.  I had barely gotten out of the infirmary and had a huge smile on my face.  So far I've reached Dollet and if I had to offer any constructive criticism it would be that it seemed a little odd that Quistis is telling Squall to lighten up in the Fire Cavern after she has been shown up until then to be quite a strict instructor, and continues being quite strict afterwards.  Just a small kind of "huh?" when compared to the rest of her interactions so far.  I'll continue making notes as I go but so far I'm very excited to continue playing, awesome work.

goat

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2020-12-05 20:38:14 »
I'm loving this so far!
As my first play through, I feel like the plot is making sense.
But.... THERE ARE A LOT OF GRAMMAR ISSUES! =p

"Your" is not "you're." ;)

Percival

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2020-12-06 17:17:37 »
...if I had to offer any constructive criticism it would be that it seemed a little odd that Quistis is telling Squall to lighten up in the Fire Cavern after she has been shown up until then to be quite a strict instructor, and continues being quite strict afterwards.  Just a small kind of "huh?" when compared to the rest of her interactions so far.
That's an interesting observation. This moment is fairly faithful to the way the vanilla dialogue plays out, though the original is a little more blunt. If I am interpreting the original correctly, then this is typical for Quistis. One moment her manner is highly professional, and the next she flirts with Squall like a common school girl.

Also, keep in mind the hallway scene outside the infirmary. I believe this scene was also meant to set up the less-serious aspect of her character, where she asked Squall a personal question and then laughed at him while completing his sentences. I think the original was going for something like: confident, pragmatic, and occasionally playful. And I tried my best to stay true to that interpretation of her character.

Maybe I could see about including one more line early on that establishes her playful nature.
« Last Edit: 2020-12-06 17:28:06 by Percival »

Percival

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2020-12-06 17:22:53 »
@goat
Thanks!  I have already found a couple myself, and uploaded a small update. Any examples you provide will be fixed as soon as possible. I am my own proofreader, unfortunately, and every scene in this mod has gone through more than one edit. I will continue to update anytime you post any errors.

Percival

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2020-12-06 17:52:03 »
I know it's not possible ATM but i wish so much i would be able to play this mod with randomiser from Maelstorm, but unfortunately they seem to alter one and the same file. Could you make somehow sometime a way to do it, please?
https://github.com/sleepeybunney/maelstrom/tree/master/FF8Mod    :'(
Yeah, I get what you're saying. Unfortunately, I'm not exactly a pro coder, so something like that would be a little out of my depth. I'm sure there are others on the forums that could find a way, but not me.

Kandy_Man

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2020-12-06 19:00:38 »
That's an interesting observation. This moment is fairly faithful to the way the vanilla dialogue plays out, though the original is a little more blunt. If I am interpreting the original correctly, then this is typical for Quistis. One moment her manner is highly professional, and the next she flirts with Squall like a common school girl.

Also, keep in mind the hallway scene outside the infirmary. I believe this scene was also meant to set up the less-serious aspect of her character, where she asked Squall a personal question and then laughed at him while completing his sentences. I think the original was going for something like: confident, pragmatic, and occasionally playful. And I tried my best to stay true to that interpretation of her character.

Maybe I could see about including one more line early on that establishes her playful nature.
Yeah I remember it being the same in the original, I think what makes it a little more odd for me is that she appears a lot more strict in this mod than the original so it seemed a little more out of character compared to the original, though you're right I forgot about the scene outside the infirmary.  It's just an observation though, I'm loving it so far.

I also noticed a few grammar things as well that I kept a note of as I went:

Dollet central square, Squall: we should have tried to stopped them
Post Dollet, Seifer: Quistis... I’m ashamed (should this be I'm disappointed?)
Cid’s office: continuing to enhancing balamb gardens already exceptional reputation

Percival

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2020-12-06 23:16:48 »
@Kandy_Man
  After reviewing the Quistis scene, I agree with you 100%. While it is consistent with her character in general, it is definitely out of place within this scene. I'll fix it.
  You'll have to forgive me. I've already changed so much, that I hesitate to change more without a very good reason.

I went ahead and changed the central square scene, and Cid's office.

Seifer is a bit different, though. I definitely meant what he said, that he was "ashamed", and to imply that he was ashamed (of her). The tone I imagined was a blend of derision, condescension, and superiority. But that is harder to convey without voice acting. “Disappointed” works, and it’ll avoid any confusion, but it just doesn’t seem to cut as hard as “ashamed”. 

I just changed it to “I’m ashamed to hear you say that.” I think that helps maintain the sense of superiority that I was after.

Thanks, again!
« Last Edit: 2020-12-07 00:54:50 by Percival »

goat

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2020-12-07 10:29:19 »
I had been keeping a small tally of grammar issues... but then they sorta became too common and I lost count. Heheh. Sorry. =p

But to be honest, after watching some gameplay of the original, I have to admit that outside the grammar issues, your dialog is so REAL and TRUE. It's simply beautiful! I love your version, and when comparing it to the original, your version SHINES with true feeling!

Like while meeting Edea in the Orphanage at the beginning of disk 3, the way you wrote Squall's anger is SO DAMN REAL, and so powerful. I was SHOCKED to see that same scene play out in the original: It was so underwhelming.

Gosh, I'm LOVING your mod. But I swear, the only thing that's keeping it from truly replacing the original are some grammar issues. These grammar mistakes really are quite common to be honest, so I've stopped keeping track. But either way, I'm really appreciating and enjoying your mod. it is making my first playthrough MEANINGFUL.

And I'm learning more about you too. The way you write is powerful and engaging. It's refreshing and glorious.

Kandy_Man

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2020-12-07 11:06:41 »
@Kandy_Man
  After reviewing the Quistis scene, I agree with you 100%. While it is consistent with her character in general, it is definitely out of place within this scene. I'll fix it.
  You'll have to forgive me. I've already changed so much, that I hesitate to change more without a very good reason.

I went ahead and changed the central square scene, and Cid's office.

Seifer is a bit different, though. I definitely meant what he said, that he was "ashamed", and to imply that he was ashamed (of her). The tone I imagined was a blend of derision, condescension, and superiority. But that is harder to convey without voice acting. “Disappointed” works, and it’ll avoid any confusion, but it just doesn’t seem to cut as hard as “ashamed”. 

I just changed it to “I’m ashamed to hear you say that.” I think that helps maintain the sense of superiority that I was after.

Thanks, again!
I completely understand not wanting to change things without a good reason, and glad you agree, I'm loving it so far so I want it to be the best it can be :)

I get what you mean with Seifers dialog now, I think that small change will clear things up.  If I find anything else I'll be back :D

Percival

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2020-12-07 17:46:09 »
@goat
  Wow, thank you!  That is high praise. It's perhaps the most encouragement I've had for this mod, yet.

Regarding the grammatical issues and typos, I may have overestimated my ability to proofread such a large script with no spellcheck or auto-correct. (Which is kind of funny since I’ve worked as a proofreader in the past. But maybe it’s a little different when it’s your own work.)

I’ve already started another play-through solely for proofreading purposes. I apologize for releasing the mod in its current state, and I’m continuing to release updates every few days with any corrections I make.
« Last Edit: 2020-12-07 19:08:49 by Percival »

circle

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2020-12-10 04:41:06 »
Hi Percival, congratulations on finishing the mod! I'm excited to play it soon

You mentioned that the mod is mostly compatible with Ragnarok, but not completely due to both mods using the same file. I assume that means Ragnarok should be installed first because Succession will then replace one (some?) files? I haven't tried a gameplay mod for FF8 before, so I thought it'd be fun to try (most of) Ragnarok along with Succession

AbsoLootAaron

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2020-12-16 00:04:51 »
Keep up the proofreading work, Percival! It's coming along nicely. Beautiful work indeed. lol

Percival

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2020-12-16 19:09:07 »
@Circle
 Yes. Follow all of Callisto's instructions, then drag & drop the Succession files last.

Percival

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2020-12-16 19:13:31 »
@HeavensFury
  Thanks! I just uploaded another update, which includes my correction of the Fire Cavern scene with Quistis. I also updated the first discussion between Rinoa and Quistis on the train after Timber. It was a tertiary scene on my bucket list. Rinoa no longer criticizes Zone's apparent vice.
« Last Edit: 2020-12-16 19:39:32 by Percival »

Percival

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2020-12-16 19:32:51 »
@Kandy_Man
  For the Fire Cavern scene, Quistis is no longer trying to flirt with Squall. Instead, she’s nagging him with advice, and Squall becomes visibly upset with her.

I believe this fits the tone much better, and is in harmony with her repeated and overbearing tutorials. Especially because it should be assumed that Squall doesn't actually need these tutorials (like how to use his own gunblade), even if a first-time player does.

Let me know what you think!

Kandy_Man

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2020-12-17 08:01:28 »
@Kandy_Man
  For the Fire Cavern scene, Quistis is no longer trying to flirt with Squall. Instead, she’s nagging him with advice, and Squall becomes visibly upset with her.

I believe this fits the tone much better, and is in harmony with her repeated and overbearing tutorials. Especially because it should be assumed that Squall doesn't actually need these tutorials (like how to use his own gunblade), even if a first-time player does.

Let me know what you think!
That's a very interesting approach, I'll take a look later today! :D

FatherMcKenzie

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2020-12-18 01:44:14 »
I just finished my playthrough. Overall, this is a tremendous accomplishment! You have a rare talent combining technical know-how with terrific writing. I know this was a huge undertaking and you have my (and many other FF8 fans) gratitude!

THINGS I LOVED
Spoiler: show

-I had to go back to YouTube several times to see what the original dialogue was for a lot of these changes. Over and over, I was very impressed how much depth you added compared with the original! In so many instances, there are holes in the original script that you filled in very skillfully.
-Overall narrative is a LOT more coherent. The reasons characters do things and the reason certain events are linked together is explained much better, leaving less confusion for first-timers and even those replaying FF8 after many years.
-The dialogue is brimming with juicy details. A great example: Odine's lengthly explanation about the origins of the Lunatic Pandora and the reason it's moving to Tears Point.
-Biggs says the comm dish is being used for "ocean surveyance"... to find the Lunatic Pandora. Anything that can tie the early game to the late game is an excellent idea!
-New Laguna dialogue is well done. It gives his scenes more dimension and helps the player connect the dots of his backstory. I remember being very confused when I first played FF8 as to why Laguna was constantly in these different locations and what the hell was going on.
-Squall giving the order to Norg to vacate: The antagonistic tone makes more a lot more sense given what has occurred with the Balamb Garden 'civil war'.
-Cid's dialogue and overall character is excellent. The knowlege that he imparts to Squall (especially post-Missile strike) gives a deeper dimension to their relationship.
-Squall's inner monologue is great. It gives new depth to the story instead of just being mindlessly emo.
-Rinoa's fate during the Garden battle: The party and Squall are sure Rinoa's gone, and Squall seems shaken that she is dead. In the original, he doesn't seem as fazed. Squall's speech to the Garden was great. Also, your explanation of how she was able to cling to the cliff is a welcome addition.
-I'll echo what @goat said about Squall's dialogue at the beginning of Disc 3 after defeating Edea. It's raw and real! Like so many other scenes, the original is completely underwhelming and milquetoast in comparison.
-Edea's new post-sorceress dialogue gives you more of a sense what a sorceress' progression (or downfall) is like to the individual experiencing it. It gives a more clear sense of the real danger Rinoa poses.
-I enjoyed the new mentions of Trabia City and its fate.
-Ellone's conversation on Lunar Base is excellent, illuminates *why* she wanted to change the past.
-In the outer space scene, instead of just yelling "Rinoa!!! No!!!", Squall tries to tell Rinoa to turn on the reserve oxygen in her space suit. Makes more sense!
-You did a great job with Doc Odine's expanded dialogue. It filled in a lot of gaps.
-The changes surrounding 'Succession' and the myth of Hyne are terrific

THINGS I'D HAVE DONE DIFFERENTLY

-Quistis' romantic dimension: I understand it was hard finding spots to inject new dialogue. The only real quality one-on-one time with Squall & Quisty happens in the early game [Intro, Fire Cavern, Training Center]. I was wondering if there was any more spots where Quistis could have made her feelings for Squall (and Rinoa jealousy) known, but there aren't many to choose from after the Training Center scene. I enjoyed Dr. Kadowaki's dialogue during Rinoa's B Garden tour where the Doc hinted at Quistis' feelings toward Squall. The CCGroup dialogue is good, but I might consider using that one final opportunity to have more of a heart-to-heart with Squall and let her feelings be known (and perhaps how she's accepted that she can't have him).
-It seems you've removed Rinoa's mention of a relationship with Seifer. To me, that added another interesting facet of drama to the story. I would have left it in and even expanded it. Perhaps Seifer could have taunted Squall about Rinoa, how he was "more of a man," etc. Squall might question if Rinoa still has feelings for Seifer... There's a few opportunities for some custom dialogue like when Rinoa is in the party during the G Garden showdown with Seifer/Edea.
-The game pretty much acknowledges that Squall is Laguna's son, but Squall and Laguna don't ever address the elephant in the room. This is a HUGE development just to be left hanging out there with no formal acknowledgement between the characters themselves. That just always kind of irked me. Squall's mixed feelings at meeting his father for the first time would provide a interesting new dimension in the story.

QUESTIONS:

-The removal of the "Time Compression" subplot and the addition of "Succession" is well done. (Time compression is still referenced in the battle text of Ultimecia's final form, though.)
If I am understanding correctly: Succession is a collective consciousness of all past sorceresses that they can junction to in order to harness their power. As sorceresses die out, their knowledge is added to the Succession which becomes collectively more powerful and presumably more irresistable/innate in future sorceresses. Sorry if I missed this: Is Ultimecia an embodiment of the Succession herself? Or is she just the most powerful user of it?
-Did you change any dialogue in the Shumi Village sidequest? I skipped it, but if you did make any changes, I'd like to see.
-You skillfully filled almost all the major plot holes and replaced weak plot devices from the original, but there's still a couple that stick with me:
--How did Squall not die after getting impaled in Deling? Did Rinoa heal him with her Sorceress powers?
--After the final battle, Squall visits Edea from the past and witnesses Ultimecia transfer her powers to Edea, completing a Grandfather paradox loop. This time, however the cycle is broken and Succession is finally ended(?) Do we know why this particular time, it's different?
--Are Ultimecia and Rinoa the same person? I know this is a fringe theory and if you don't agree with it, no worries. If not, who is Ultimecia and how did she come to be the most powerful sorceress with control over all of the other sorceresses throughout time? (Sorry if this was explained)

TYPOs
I'll just preface this-- None of these typos detracted from the overall experience which was wonderful. Sorry if I come across as a grammar nazi! If you disagree with some of my corrections, that's fine. I just tried to help out by combing through as much dialogue as possible:

-"He better show up. I'll get in trouble if she doesn't come back soon." [pronouns mismatched?] (B Garden library at beginning of game, Girl near desks)
-"Effective use of GFs is as much an art as a a science, requiring practice, and hard work." (Quistis at front gate)
-"In the mean time, use the Draw technique in battle..." (Quistis at front gate)
-"At least your confident enough." (Quistis at Fire Cavern)
-"Don't forget who's side you're on" (Seifer, pre-Exam)
-"This is the reason why Balamb SeeD's have become known far and wide" (Cid, pre-Exam)
-"Just keep talking and see were it gets you" (Seifer, in car)
-"We should have tried to stopped them." (Squall, dog training scene)
-"I thought we were just suppose to guard the square?" (Zell, dog training scene)
-"I'm a litte concerned that all the agressive wildlife here could interfere with our plans." (Wedge at the comm tower)
-"And their entire peace agreement could have been jeopordized...because of you." (Cid, disciplining Seifer)
-"I know We'll be busy with a lot of SeeD stuff from now on..." [unnecessary capital letter] (Selphie, at SeeD party)
-"I can't carrying anyone's burden but my own" (Squall talking to Quistis at the Training Ctr)
-"On second thought, it doesn't matter. Just for get I said anything." (Zell, after returning from Training Ctr)
-"To push back against Galbadia and become independant again." (Zell, on train to Timber)
-"Umm...she's is still taking a nap, sir." (Watts, on train)
-"Fine. I wake up your collegue, but listen closely." (Squall, on train)
-"All of us are in the resistance because we got no where else to go." (Resistance member, train middle room)
-"All you rebelious Timber anarchists come out of the cracks like roaches." (Gerogero)
-"But I'm afraid...you wont be around to see it." (Gerogero)
-"I can't believe were they able to pull such a dirty trick." (Rinoa, after Gerogero battle)
-"Cid also included an 'addendum' that he gave me to summarize contract." (Rinoa)
-"Also sir, we have a discription of that suspicious man you had asked about." (Galbadian soldier on Timber bridge)
-"And the rest of you! Canvas the city. Question everyone in the area." [verb should be spelled 'Canvass'] (Galbadian officer on bridge)
-"Lot's of guards patrolling the city now! Please be careful, sir!" (Watts, as train leaves him behind)
-"(I hope no solder's see me doing this...)" (Man on bridge in Timber)
-"Out of your entire team, you're the ONLY who can even pretend to be combat ready." (Squall, ["Tell her off" option] in front of TV station)
-"I'm sorry, but your team just isn't capable of the kind of change your looking for." (Squall, ["Be honest" option] in front of TV station)
-"And so, I will be confering with the leaders of every nation to discuss these problems." [should be 'conferring'] (Deling, TV address)
-"I'm here to stop this thing once and for all, at it's source!" (Seifer, holding Deling hostage)
-"The legend goes, in the war with Galbadia, my mother was able resist a whole battalion with nothing but her strength and beauty." (Forest Fox's daughter)
-"But I were to trust anyone in all Galbadia, it'd be Headmaster Martine!"  (Quistis, at Forest Fox's house)
-"Watch you backs" (Laguna, Centra ruins)
-"Some reconnaisance mission..." [should be 'reconnaissance'] (Kiros, Centra ruins)
-"///Quistis 'There Should be an announcement...'" (After the G Garden reception room discussion)
-"I guess we'll, see you around, Squall." [unnecessary comma] (Raijin at G Garden)
-"...at all cost." [should be 'costs'](Gen. Caraway says this twice)
-"You mean since our disgraceful reconaissance mission?" [should be 'reconnaissance'] (Kiros at Raine's bar)
-"Julia Heartily" [should be 'Heartilly'?] (Kiros and Raine)
-"It's a sweet song on it's own..." (Raine)
-"...that no matter who we loose, and in spite of how much we might suffer." [unnecessary period at end] (Raine)
-"He hasn't been very interested in making longterm plans for the future." (Raine, to Elle)
-"Am I any sense to you?" (Raine, to Elle)
-"She will remake Galbadia...and by extention...the whole world!" (Seifer, in torture room)
-"Edea's will not be resisted." [missing direct object?](Seifer, in torture room)
-"The price the Gardens will have to pay for your stubborness... will be great" (Seifer, in torture room)
"judgement" (Squall & Rinoa at the desert crossroads)
-The Maintenance Soldier (the one too lazy to inspect the circuit room) at the missile base is named "NewPage" in one block of text.
-"But I guess I failled..." (Selphie right before the missile base blows up)
-"SeeD's" (Raijin & Rinoa in B Garden lobby)
-"He not here any more" (SeeD in B Garden library)
-"We're trying to poise ourselves" [verb usage?] (SeeD in B Garden library)
-"I can take care of my rebelious faculty." (Cid)
-"Hmm... I guess not, as long as we're out her in the ocean..." (Rinoa, B Garden parking lot)
-I see you purposefully de-capitalized Norg and his speech. There were a few instances where Norg's name was still ALL CAPS'd though. His In-Battle text is still all caps. Not sure if I would use hyphens now that his speech has been de-capitalized.
-"If you are still here passed the deadline, or if you attempt to offer any resistance...." (Squall, to Norg)
-"Headmaster Cid had recently sent out several SeeDs on reconaissance missions." (Garden Faculty, before Norg battle)
-"I'm sorry you've had to see me in such an embarassing state." (Cid, infirmary)
-"After all, the junctioning process itself is controvercial." (Cid, infirmary)
-"Now, any knowledge or skill he possessed, is at the Sorceress's disposal." [should be apostrophe with no 'S' at the end] (Cid, infirmary)
-"(Ellone always used to tell me how bad sorceresess were.) [Squall, after Ellone leaves on white ship]
-"And don't go out of your way to offend anyone unnecessary." [should be 'unnecessarily'] (Cid, after landing in FH)
-Fishermans Horizon is spelled without the apostrophe in the original (and still is in your version), but the apostrophe was added in a handful of places.
-"Though, we haven't really have much traffic in years." (Familiar Face, FH)
-"We believe that it's more useful to settled problems with discussion." (Mayor Dobe)
-"It will chronicled the, ummm...lighter side of your missions thus far." (Cid, B Garden bridge)
-"I try to never even use my powers...I'm...I'm too afraid...that I might loss control of it..." (Rinoa, Irish Jig scenario)
-"When thing start to get rough, we're gonna need your encouragement." (Rinoa, [3 instruments Irish Jig/1 instrument Eyes on Me scenario])
-Her name says "Rinoa leans down" and "Rinoa no anim" during the Scenario with [2 instruments Eyes on Me/2 instruments from Irish Jig]
-"In the mean time, your not the only one with more responsiblility. (Quistis, on bridge after concert)
-"I never loose..." (Quistis, after defeating her at cards)
-"Come find me in the Garden cockpit, when your interested." (Quistis, after defeating her at cards)
-"I was taken to Galbadia Garden when I was stll really young." (Irvine, orphanage scene)
-"We can't let the memories of our past cloud our present judgement." (Quistis, b-ball court)
-"Some. But the guys at the front gate are still held them off somehow..." (Irvine talking to Kadowaki, during Garden battle)
-"We don't have time mourn... Not until we win!" (Squall)
-"It persisted, like a ravanous hunger, yet one that came from without, and not within..." (Edea, orphanage)
-"If she is revived, you may only have a short while before she succombs..." (Edea)
-"Not just on you, or Rinoa...but on your team, on the Garden...and on the world..." [Rinoa is hardcoded] (Cid, orphanage)
-"At first, their only purpose was to to protect Ellone from Esthar." (Cid, orphanage)
-"They were original stationed in Ellone's home town, somewhere in the mountains." (Watts, white SeeD ship)
-"Rinoa's condition is far from stable." [Rinoa is hardcoded] (Edea, Salt flats)
-"Tresspassing...I've been searching for someone, a girl who was kidnapped." (Laguna, Lunatic Pandora lab)
-"But I guess no body else has a problem with him doin' experiments on little kids..." (Laguna, Lunatic Pandora lab)
-"Your gonna wanna confront Odine." (Forced Laborer, Lunatic Pandora Lab)
-"But as for you thinking your no longer a sorceress? That's beyond my..." (Presidential Aide, Pres. Palace)
-"(Don't loose your cool, Zell.)" (Squall, Lunar gate)
-"Come, let me show you ze tragectory" (Doc Odine, Odine Lab)
-"Once you enter the atomosphere, we can guide you down." (Esthar airstation to Ragnarok)
-"If your ready for my report, Sir..." (Zell, Ragnarok)
-"Hey, Squall! We just go something!!" (Zell, orphanage field)
-"If we weren't in a state of emergence, we could chat all day" (Laguna, Pres. Palace)
-"Again, your thinking is far to simple to grasp ze extent of ze problem." (Doc Odine, Pres. Palace)
-"I wish they'd never decomissioned them. They're just so cool!" (Laguna, Pres. Palace)
-"That Pillar, can have some earie effects on people, if they're around it for too long." (Laguna, Ragnarok)
-"I've grow and changed a lot since then." (Laguna, Ragnarok)
-"...with nothing but your most based instincts to guide you in your destruction." [should be 'base instincts'] (Seifer, final showdown)
-"Things may get a little wierd from here on out!" (Laguna, after Adel battle)
-"But...my time her has run out, and so has yours." (Edea, post-final battle)
« Last Edit: 2020-12-18 03:47:19 by FatherMcKenzie »