Author Topic: Jenova Doesn't Work  (Read 5437 times)

magus52

Jenova Doesn't Work
« on: 2002-02-02 15:50:00 »
I have Windows Me, AMD Athlon 950MHz, NVidia Vanta (16mb) and the Final Fantasy 7 Collector's Edition.  I tried reinstalling ff7 and tried re-unzipping Jenova, but it still won't work.  It won't allow me to open saved game files, and if I try to manually open them, it gives me an error message.  Please e-mail me at [email protected] if you have a response to it.  Also tell me if there is another version of Jenova

Darkness

• View Profile
    • http://www.x0r.net
Jenova Doesn't Work
« Reply #1 on: 2002-02-05 22:27:00 »
what would that error message be?

oh, and btw: i strongly suggest going back to 98 SE

The SaiNt

• View Profile
Jenova Doesn't Work
« Reply #2 on: 2002-02-06 06:54:00 »
Just curious, but is there anything different in the Collectors Edition?

Darkness

• View Profile
Jenova Doesn't Work
« Reply #3 on: 2002-02-06 21:06:00 »
i dont *think* so. just the box....

Jedimark

• View Profile
Jenova Doesn't Work
« Reply #4 on: 2002-02-09 11:45:00 »
Don't know if this is the problem but did you install FF7 to the default directory? Would that make any difference?? I think you have to manual search for the save files if it is located in a different directory?

Darkness

• View Profile
Jenova Doesn't Work
« Reply #5 on: 2002-02-09 15:53:00 »
nope, it wouldnt. i used jenova when i had ff7 installed on my D drive.

magus> if youre still reading this thread.... id download a good hex editor and do it manually.

Id

Jenova Doesn't Work
« Reply #6 on: 2002-02-18 04:23:00 »
I had the same problem...  but only after I had edited my save with another editor like FF7che...  Jenova would refuse to load it, however the savegame worked perfectly in FF7.

Jenova would sometimes load the savagame but the data it displayed would be corrupt (garbage) and I found that if I played the game further and saved it Jenova would read it and edit it perfectly.

Strange eh?  Seems to be an error in Jenova somewhere.

Matti

Jenova Doesn't Work
« Reply #7 on: 2002-12-28 15:57:33 »
I have a problem with Jenova too... I have the complete game bu it doesn't run  :(  HELP ME!!!

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
Jenova Doesn't Work
« Reply #8 on: 2002-12-28 16:20:06 »
As have been pointed out by people in this thread, and by me personally in lots of mails/PMs, you will have to recite the actual error message. Otherwise, no one will have a clue as to where to start!

If you write vague things like "it doesn't work", "I get an error" etc., then understand that the problem will most likely remain unsolved.

I should probably add this to the FAQ...

Anonymous

Probleme
« Reply #9 on: 2002-12-29 14:38:33 »
When I open the materia menu the Jenova programm get an error and I must close it....and when I save the file modified Jenova caused another error:

"I can't open the save file"

If I don't resolve the probleme can you send me a save file with all Materia, all Object , All personages(sephiroth, aerith, young cloud , ...)
all chocobo and it starts on the cd 3

P.S: I can't speak a good english...and it's hard for me say what the probleme is =(

Se c è qualcuno che parla italiano mi può aiutare per favore????

Matti

Is my probleme
« Reply #10 on: 2002-12-29 14:40:03 »
Excuse me!! I am I the GUest... I forgot to login .. eheh