Author Topic: Modded FF7 - Bad World Map Load Speed & Spell Micro-stutter  (Read 1716 times)

Aqueous

• View Profile
Hi All,

I'm currently having some trouble with getting a lot of mods to perform nicely together and wonder if anyone could help. I'm using the 7th Heaven app and ff7_bc.exe.

EDIT: I seem to have narrowed alot of the performance hit down to using custom models. Not sure what that in particular would cause such issues.

As a test run I'm using the following mods:

Battle Models - Weapons (Aerith: Mike + slayersnext, Cait Sith: omega res novae, Cloud: Millenia, Sephiroth: Mike, Yuffie: Mike)
Animations (Field: Bloodshot + Kaldarasha, World: Bloodshot + Kaldarasha, 60 FPS Battles)
Spell Textures (satsuki)
FF7 NT IRO 10th February 2019
Menu - Avatars and Backdrops
Minigames Collection (Defaults)
The Reunion - Beacause and Menu Overhaul (Menu Overhaul)
World Models - Characters (All Kaldarasha)
World Models - Enemies (All PRP)
World Models - Vehicles (Defaults)
World Textures (Felix Leonhart + Ste41k + Grimmy)

Resolution is 1920x1080 after I reduced it from 4k. Specs are i7-4770k 3.50GHz CPU and GTX 980Ti GPU - I'd expect my machine to be capable.

The symptoms at the moment are two-fold:

1. Transitioning back to the World Map after winning a battle is taking an excessive amount of time. In comparison to Vanilla I'd say probably 5 seconds extra. Strangely, even when removing the mods relating to World, this is still taking far longer than usual.
2. Many abilities freeze the game for a fraction of a second after activating them. Tifa's Limit Break started to cause this once I got Somersault and using Freeze (...) and Bahamut with Sephiroth caused this. Again, removing Spell Textures didn't allieviate this.

I've tried with and without Pixel Buffer and Texture Cache, with Texture Memory set to max. I've also tried with and without Fullscreen.

Thanks in advance :)
« Last Edit: 2019-03-03 21:18:49 by Aqueous »

RJTheDestroyer

• View Profile
I was just fighting with these exact same issues. I found the problem for me was that the "direct" and "music" folders in the "Extra Folders" area of 7th Heaven's General Settings kept getting duplicated every time I would launch the game via 7th Heaven. I took a look in there and saw 100+ instances of these folders. Deleted all the extra ones and the game ran perfectly once again, however, each time I launch the game, it still adds those folders again (rather than just staying at the 2 of them), so I have to keep deleting the extras every time I go to play the game again. If you take a look in there and there are a ton of those extra folders, deleting them should fix the issue. I am using version 1.56 RC6 of 7th Heaven by the way.