Author Topic: [SOLVED] Can't get Xpadder to work.  (Read 3903 times)

paladin181

• View Profile
[SOLVED] Can't get Xpadder to work.
« on: 2019-03-06 04:49:31 »
I like having Analog run, so I set up a profile with Xpadder on this. I set it to monitor FF7_bc.exe because I'm using Beacause and Reunion. But the thing never activates, like it can't see the game running through 7th Heaven. Ok, so I manually switch to the config. But Xpadder won't hook the controller inputs. Huh. If I run the game through FF7_en.exe, the game starts as though I started the Steam version, with none of the mods installed (and all my old save data loaded) and the Xpadder config works like a charm. It even auto starts when I change the target to FF7_en.exe. So what is happening with 7th Heaven that is keeping me from running my modded game with full controller support (including analog run, DPad support and triggers functioning)?

I have the CD version as well, but as this uses a custom .exe, it probably won't matter. But this is on the Steam install, moved to a custom folder (my steam library has a ! in a folder name in the path which I found the converter DOES NOT LIKE), and the mods run like clockwork. But my controller is limited without analog run features, and without support for the D pad or the triggers as action buttons in game. Is there anything I can do, or am I gonig to have to go with an older manual install of mods to get this kind of functionality?

16GB RAM
GTX1080 GPU
Steam Edition of FFVII.
« Last Edit: 2019-03-10 01:16:36 by paladin181 »

iDerek759

• View Profile

paladin181

• View Profile
Re: Can't get Xpadder to work.
« Reply #2 on: 2019-03-06 06:17:50 »
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=18688.0
I tried the solutions in that thread and none of them do anything for my controller. I'm using an XBox One controller, and while the profile apps recognize the controller, they still won't intercept the commands when I'm in game. The profilers work while the game is active, but the intercepted commands don't register in game. I get the feeling that antimicro works nearly identically to XPADDER, And Steam controller seems to do about the same. None input the correct commands ingame.

paladin181

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2019-03-09 15:44:19 »
Well, because this mod uses memory injection, that's why the Pad modifiers won't hook. I don't know how to fix it, but at least I know the problem now.

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2019-03-09 18:01:02 »
And you tried going to the Config menu in the actual game itself and tried customizing the key binds with AntiMicro active?

paladin181

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2019-03-09 20:00:15 »
Yes. DPad still isn't functional, Triggers aren't functional. I'm working to just manually install all my mods again so I can just play how I like. Shouldn't be too terribly hard since I did it before, just have to remember how to do it. :D

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2019-03-09 20:32:40 »
I'm running Win 10/7H/Antimicro and it all works for me. So I don't understand why it wouldn't work for you.

paladin181

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2019-03-09 20:59:44 »
I'm running Win 10/7H/Antimicro and it all works for me. So I don't understand why it wouldn't work for you.
There are many different factors that could contribute.
What controller are you using?
Which FF7_xx.exe are you using?
Which mods are active?
Install location?
Other programs that I may have running or you don't. Or Vice Versa. I can fathom MANY reasons why it would work for one person and not another.

EDIT: Actually, just tried running Anitimicro as admin and it worked...
Tried the same in XPadder and it also worked.  Don't know why that's not something I tried before.

Just need to figure out how to hook it in the game for autoprofile now... Maybe an AHKey Script that calls 7th Heaven and another program and kills the second program if 7th Heaven is closed... Or something.
EDIT2: As admin the thing can actually see the game now too. Excellent!!!
« Last Edit: 2019-03-10 01:17:21 by paladin181 »