Author Topic: Pirate Very Funny  (Read 8029 times)

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
Pirate Very Funny
« on: 2011-04-25 18:59:16 »
I just have to say that the Pirate thing is freaking hilarious.  Just scrolling through the threads, randomly seeing pirates, I've laughed every time.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Re: Pirate Very Funny
« Reply #1 on: 2011-04-25 19:06:30 »
It is meant to hopefully persuade people to buy the game. And to inform others that they have used an illegal copy. Hopefully it is a better solution that outright banning.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-04-26 01:20:32 »
*than

Pirates aren't supposed to be allowed, but they still have good intention/personnality. Don't anyone say they never did anything illegal like stealing money from your parents or even lying...

/2 cents

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-04-26 01:33:30 »
The fact of the matter is, now that FF7 is over a decade old, it's more difficult to find legitimate copies of it (as far as the PC version is concerned).  It wouldn't surprise me if 1/4 of the members here have it illegally, whether it's a replacement copy or they've already bought the game 4 other times.  There are a myriad of reasons and justifications why, but that doesn't mean we have to condone it.   If you're stupid enough to inform us your copy was downloaded, you get a handy dandy pirate avatar **Now with custom text!** and forfeit all support other forum members could have provided.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #4 on: 2011-04-26 04:14:01 »
I sorta want the title and avatar anyway despite owning three copies of the PSX game ( lend to someone, forgot who I lend it to, bought it again, forgot where I placed the CD when moving... bought AGAIN... ) and two of the PC game ( got one with my first pc, got the other by buying it off my cousin for 10€ when I accidentally used the first cd2 as dish for my toast... )
it looks kinda... dandy.

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011-04-26 08:32:51 »
I sorta want the title and avatar anyway despite owning three copies of the PSX game ( lend to someone, forgot who I lend it to, bought it again, forgot where I placed the CD when moving... bought AGAIN... ) and two of the PC game ( got one with my first pc, got the other by buying it off my cousin for 10€ when I accidentally used the first cd2 as dish for my toast... )
it looks kinda... dandy.

You sound awfully reckless.  I've never had to buy the same game twice.  Ever.

I bought my copy of FF7 PC about three and a half years ago in a videogame store downtown.  That's unheard of, right?  I flipped out when I saw it, and made the purchase without a second thought ;D

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #6 on: 2011-04-26 18:01:51 »
Shit, makes me want to go check out the local shops.  I have like 4 copies of PSX version, but my PC disks probably don't even work at this point.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011-04-26 22:30:14 »
You sound awfully reckless.  I've never had to buy the same game twice.  Ever.

Hnnn, Shadow-kun! >:(

You're supposed to buy three copies of a game! One to play, one to look at and one to lend to people!

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011-04-27 02:11:36 »
Hnnn, Shadow-kun! >:(

You're supposed to buy three copies of a game! One to play, one to look at and one to lend to people!

Me?  Lend to people?  Ha.  You're funny :)

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #9 on: 2011-04-27 03:58:11 »
The word clumsy and reckless was created specifically for me

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011-04-27 06:32:29 »
Oh, really?  Kinda like how the words "slightly insane" were created specifically for Kudistos :P

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011-04-27 23:17:50 »
Oh, really?  Kinda like how the words "slightly insane" were created specifically for Kudistos :P

slightly

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011-04-28 03:23:01 »
On a related note.  I miss the Desu meme.  Back when it was new I found it completely hilarious for some reason.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #13 on: 2011-04-28 03:35:30 »
i keep the desu thing still alive in irc
occasionally I accidentally the whole channel and everyone in every channel I am in is bombarded with endless amounts of red/green colored DESU DESU DESU DESU notices

on that note, that reminds me of that suiseiseki doujin I was supposed to typeset

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2011-04-28 04:21:19 »
The desu meme is dying out possibly because basically no one irl appreciates it desu.  Nearly everyone I know thinks its geeky, retarded, and too random to be funny desu.  That's what sucks about people with lives desu.  They just don't get internet jokes such as the desu meme desu.

I think I've figured out why moogles are such a popular element of the Final Fantasy series.  Kupo = desu.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2011-04-28 14:40:48 »
The desu meme is dying out possibly because basically no one irl appreciates it desu.  Nearly everyone I know thinks its geeky, retarded, and too random to be funny desu.  That's what sucks about people with lives desu.  They just don't get internet jokes such as the desu meme desu.

I think I've figured out why moogles are such a popular element of the Final Fantasy series.  Kupo = desu.

The desu meme is dying out because it's been so long since season 2 of Rozen Maiden de geso. And it's dying out because Ika Musume came along and started saying de geso de geso.

De geso