Author Topic: [FFVIII-PCSteam] Doomtrain Enemy Attacks unused  (Read 3413 times)

Hazedge

• View Profile
[FFVIII-PCSteam] Doomtrain Enemy Attacks unused
« on: 2018-10-02 13:13:35 »
In a past post I learned about these Enemy Attacks thats not being used in the game, all of then usually called "Unnamed". But after messing around with a bunch of monsters AI I noticed that some of these Unnamed are indeed being used.
So I wanted to do a list of Attacks that I could modify without having future problems, does anyone know a place where I can research or already know wish IDs I can use?

EDIT:
Unused Enemy Attacks found until now

235 - Barrier Change
378 - Ultima
379 - Holy
380 - Quake
381 - Tornado
382 - Unnamed
383 - Unnamed
« Last Edit: 2018-10-02 15:09:06 by Hazedge »

Girl next door

• View Profile
Re: [FFVIII-PCSteam] Doomtrain Enemy Attacks unused
« Reply #1 on: 2018-10-02 15:01:24 »
Attacks called "Unnamed" are attacks that don't have a name in battle, physical attacks for example but also dialogs in battle, that doesn't mean they're not used in the game. I don't have an exhaustiv list of the unused attacks but I can give you some : 235, 379, 382, 383. That's not much but you can use physical attacks that are used by just one enemy, put another ID for its attack (it's quite aneasy to explain in english ^^). You can also use dialogs unused, Edea have one or two at the end of disc 1. You can also delete Ultima, Quake, Tornado at the end of the list. And finally, you can do whatever you want if you decide to change all the actions of all enemies of the game. ^^
« Last Edit: 2018-10-02 15:03:29 by Girl next door »

Hazedge

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2018-10-02 15:06:39 »
Attacks called "Unnamed" are attacks thatt don't have a name in battle, physic attacks for example but also dialogs in battle, that doesn't mean they're not used in the game. I don't have an exhaustiv list of the unused attacks but I can give you some : 235, 379, 382, 383. That's not much but you can use physical attacks that are used by just one enemy, put another ID for its attack (it's quite aneasy to explain in english ^^). You can also use dialogs unused, Edea have one or two at the end of disc 1. You can also delete Ultima, Quake, Tornado at the end of the list.
Yeah I've saw these three spells (Ultima, Quake and Tornado) and thought to myself "why they did it different from the Magic list?"
235 - Barrier Change
378 - Ultima
379 - Holy
380 - Quake
381 - Tornado
382 - Unnamed
383 - Unnamed

Got it, I'll save on my files for future use.
Lets put this post to keep moving, if anyone know more unused Enemy Attacks post it here, some other modder might find it useful!
« Last Edit: 2018-10-02 15:09:44 by Hazedge »

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #3 on: 2018-10-02 19:50:11 »
If it's anything like FF7's enemy action set, some of the unnamed actions might be physical attacks or even animation changes. Do those unnamed actions actually have non-dummied data associated with them?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2018-10-02 23:28:58 »
Yeah some of the unnamed (well, a lot) are attached to either physical attacks, speech animations, or other non-combat actions during battle. There are a lot of redundant actions though that can be shrunk down and repurposed if you take notes as you go.

Hazedge

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2018-10-03 02:22:00 »
Yeah some of the unnamed (well, a lot) are attached to either physical attacks, speech animations, or other non-combat actions during battle. There are a lot of redundant actions though that can be shrunk down and repurposed if you take notes as you go.
Thats exactly the ones I wanna find out. It would help me alot to make the enemies "alive" and not just randomly choosing between two attacks all the time.

Callisto

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2018-10-03 03:06:18 »
There's also one unused Poison Gas variant that you can change to your liking. Three different variants of the Explosion attack for Death Claw aren't really necessary either, so you could just cut two and leave just one. Same goes for the Thunder attacks for Blitz. Might check back later for more.