Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod (v1.0.7.2)  (Read 1079199 times)

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod
« Reply #500 on: 2009-08-20 07:06:16 »
ok... i c ppl are arguing but why?  :?

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: 2009-08-20 07:52:15 »
Some people aren't around to make friends, I guess...

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #502 on: 2009-08-20 08:20:06 »
u and I are friends right seer?  :-)

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: 2009-08-20 08:25:31 »
Absolutely! :-D

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #504 on: 2009-08-20 08:27:13 »

Matt2Tees

• Sauntam/MXster/Machinimatt
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: 2009-08-20 12:23:09 »
@ storm20200

Very Harsh dude  :-o

storm20200

• View Profile
« Reply #506 on: 2009-08-20 19:07:01 »
Maybe but I don't appreciate being talked down to by someone who thinks they are better than everyone else  :-P. I made sure I gave him a piece of my mind  8-)

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #507 on: 2009-08-20 20:19:38 »
whoa! u guys need to chill. we wouldnt want another "ATTN: Dumbass" thread posted like we've seen SO many in the past lmao

storm20200

• View Profile
« Reply #508 on: 2009-08-20 22:08:15 »
I'm perfectly chilled  :-D

Any news as to anything added to the next update? Or it's released date?

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #509 on: 2009-08-20 22:16:34 »

the final release will be til the end of august or maybe later after that; well, thats wut gjoerulv said. personally, i cant wait, but then again, im still on disc 1 of this beta lol

storm20200

• View Profile
« Reply #510 on: 2009-08-21 01:03:17 »

the final release will be til the end of august or maybe later after that; well, thats wut gjoerulv said. personally, i cant wait, but then again, im still on disc 1 of this beta lol

I just pwned Palmer, where are you? I went travelling around the world and got to the sleeping forest only to find the kujata boss is extremely strong T_T

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #511 on: 2009-08-21 01:51:33 »

I just pwned Palmer, where are you? I went travelling around the world and got to the sleeping forest only to find the kujata boss is extremely strong T_T
hmm, i thought u fight the kujata boss in disc 2 or something... well anywayz, i just got out of the corel prison... i went back to get mithril and now im in the junon area trying to encounter the junon patron so i can steal more shinra alphas :)

storm20200

• View Profile
« Reply #512 on: 2009-08-21 02:04:05 »
Huh? I didn't even dare go there, I done one fight and got slaughtered, 1 hit kill for everyone. I'm happy with Gold Armlet's and now Diamond Armlet's seen as I have access to bone village. Just a tip for people, if you need AP fight adamantai's, they have 20k hp, take tiny amounts of physical damage, counter with an attack on everyone causing 2k~ of damage but if you manipulate them and spam magic on them they don't even put up a fight netting you 800Exp, AP and Gil. that's 2400AP with a triple weapon or 1600 with a double weapon :D

The Kujata boss is
Spoiler: show
  a tetra elemental kinda thing, One thunder enemy, One Ice/Water Enemy and One Fire enemy. They have aga's, deal 1k to people in the back row + constantly use haste and like to reflect your party T_T

Wait I just watched the youtube vid of the junon patrons. Enemies have common and rare steals now? No fair :O
« Last Edit: 2009-08-21 02:11:57 by storm20200 »

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #513 on: 2009-08-21 02:18:06 »
well, the junon patron does... idk about any other enemy but i best take advantage and get them shinra alphas :)

Cleanshooter

• "You spoony bard!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: 2009-08-28 21:45:04 »
Just got back from Va-cay looks like the tread got a little bumpy.

Yeah I know 'bout those bugs. They are fixed but not released yet. There were other bugs as well, and as far as I know, there shouldn't be anything left.

The biggest bug in the current release is on the phoenix boss. You kinda can't kill them lol.

When I say a boss like Hojo I mean an encounter that doesn't end after you've killed the 1st enemies. The hojo battle is actually 3 encounters ya know.

I'm glad the you got the bugs, as for the Phoenix boss good luck.  I will track down the list of tools you have on the first post.  I am new to modding the game but am a developer so should be able to pick it up quickly.

As for adding multi-encounter bosses that's even better than what I originally thought you were considering.  Despite some of the extreme ideas out there I think that even an "unbeatable" boss should have a weakness... you know unbeatable unless a particular condition is met, for example there are several items that you rarely receive at the gold saucer that serve no purpose.  You might give those items a purpose in these "unbeatable" battles.  Just an idea...

« Last Edit: 2009-08-28 21:49:51 by Cleanshooter »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: 2009-08-28 22:24:20 »
As for adding multi-encounter bosses that's even better than what I originally thought you were considering.  Despite some of the extreme ideas out there I think that even an "unbeatable" boss should have a weakness... you know unbeatable unless a particular condition is met, for example there are several items that you rarely receive at the gold saucer that serve no purpose.  You might give those items a purpose in these "unbeatable" battles.  Just an idea...

Hmmm, can enemies be made to react to certain items used in battle by editing their AI? If that's possible, you might be on to something. There could be an enemy that is immune (or almost immune) to physical and magical damage but temporarily loses its immunity when a particular item is used (this would be similar to Diamond Weapon, which is normally immune to physical attack but turns off this immunity when a limit break is being used). Or maybe an enemy could permanently lose its immunity in the battle when an item is used (in the same way that Ruby weapon permanently loses his immunity when it summons its tentacles.

The only problem (if what I said above will work) is that most of the people using the mod will have read the thread and will know which item to use  :-P

teggeta

« Reply #516 on: 2009-08-28 23:23:01 »
As for adding multi-encounter bosses that's even better than what I originally thought you were considering.  Despite some of the extreme ideas out there I think that even an "unbeatable" boss should have a weakness... you know unbeatable unless a particular condition is met, for example there are several items that you rarely receive at the gold saucer that serve no purpose.  You might give those items a purpose in these "unbeatable" battles.  Just an idea...

Hmmm, can enemies be made to react to certain items used in battle by editing their AI? If that's possible, you might be on to something. There could be an enemy that is immune (or almost immune) to physical and magical damage but temporarily loses its immunity when a particular item is used (this would be similar to Diamond Weapon, which is normally immune to physical attack but turns off this immunity when a limit break is being used). Or maybe an enemy could permanently lose its immunity in the battle when an item is used (in the same way that Ruby weapon permanently loses his immunity when it summons its tentacles.

The only problem (if what I said above will work) is that most of the people using the mod will have read the thread and will know which item to use  :-P

Hopefully people won't tell exactly what item (:x), only give subtle hints because the way to beat Mt. Nibel Dragon hasn't been completely revealed yet.

BTW what level were you guys who beat the soldiers before Hojo? I want to level up to 75ish but I don't want to be overleveled.

Tyler_Wu

• View Profile
« Reply #517 on: 2009-08-31 18:59:47 »
those soldiers were damn hard, i leveled up a decent amount and still couldnt win.  eventually had to go all out with status changing spells and enemy skills to actually beat those guys.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: 2009-08-31 19:15:17 »
those soldiers were damn hard, i leveled up a decent amount and still couldnt win.  eventually had to go all out with status changing spells and enemy skills to actually beat those guys.

One of the best things about hardcore mods is that status changing magic actually becomes useful (it certainly isn't in most FF games). It adds a lot more strategy to the fights and means that nearly every spell and item is good for something.

teggeta

« Reply #519 on: 2009-09-01 23:32:02 »
OMG I finally beat the soldiers for the third time. Cloud was level 67 and Yuffie and Cid were 64, what level did you guys beat him at?
« Last Edit: 2009-09-01 23:34:56 by teggeta »

Matt2Tees

• Sauntam/MXster/Machinimatt
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: 2009-09-03 18:59:57 »
The final release wont be released 'til the end of august or later. This will be the final release. I feel there are enough modding tools available for anyone to make a mod like this one without too much trouble.

Any word on the final version?

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #521 on: 2009-09-03 23:44:32 »
The final release wont be released 'til the end of august or later. This will be the final release. I feel there are enough modding tools available for anyone to make a mod like this one without too much trouble.

Any word on the final version?
Yeah! I truly cannot wait for this one either!  :-D

Luis Aviles

• View Profile
« Reply #522 on: 2009-09-05 21:32:21 »
When I fight in the battle arena, I sometimes encounter red pyramids that whatever I do ( attack, magic, heal it, give potion etc... ) it never does any damage and cloud instantly died after that. Is it a bug or do I have to use a hidden element attack to kill it?

secondadvent

• View Profile
« Reply #523 on: 2009-09-05 21:49:50 »
i cannot say for sure with this mod, but those pyramid enemies are the dummy enemies that you do not normally see, my guess is that the kernel is not in sync with the scene.bin... did you download and replace the scene/kernel.bin with the newest ones in the post? if you can, try and sense the enemy and see what it's name is, if it is a bunch of symbols, then something is off in the kernel  :-P.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: 2009-09-05 22:06:41 »
i cannot say for sure with this mod, but those pyramid enemies are the dummy enemies that you do not normally see, my guess is that the kernel is not in sync with the scene.bin... did you download and replace the scene/kernel.bin with the newest ones in the post? if you can, try and sense the enemy and see what it's name is, if it is a bunch of symbols, then something is off in the kernel  :-P.

This is the most likely explanation.

And if for some reason downloading the newest scene.bin and kernel.bin files doesn't work, use Hojo and select file -> update kernel file; this will fix the scene.bin lookup data in the kernel.bin and stop things appearing in wacky places.