Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.15)  (Read 1001207 times)

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: [RELEASE v1.9.4]: Black Chocobo - FF7 Save Game Editor
« Reply #500 on: 2011-11-09 21:35:14 »
After Much lazyness (on my part) i've finally added the ability to calculate stat changes for chars. now when you change your lvl (or exp does it for you) you will "level up" as you would in the game. you can also "level down" if needed, also now the stat area has been changed to show base+bonues (from sources) + materia/equptment modifiers = Total Stat. meaning it will also show how your stats should show in game , this also if (stat calculation is enabled) will attempt to set your  max hp/mp in accordance with game rules.

lostchild

« Reply #501 on: 2011-11-24 17:01:28 »
is there anyway i can edit my save and continue playing on my ps3????????

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #502 on: 2011-11-25 15:45:43 »
is there anyway i can edit my save and continue playing on my ps3????????

yes but sadly the ps3 saves are signed with a checksum that i don't know how to recreated(seams noone is even working on it, same for psp saves). the only way to reimport the save back to the ps3 requires that you have put the save file on a ps1 memory card it might work if you get it on a ps2 card but not tested, on imported to a psp.  please see the video i made it will show you how to get it on a ps1 memory card. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtyEMFjYWUI

VonZippa

• View Profile
« Reply #503 on: 2011-12-06 03:52:24 »
I had the fortune of stumbling across your awesome save game editor earlier tonight while searching for a way to get the Umbrella item because I suck too much at the mini-game to get it the legit way.

I've read through this thread and I must say you've made an amazing amount of progress with the editor.  It's great seeing people willing to give their time and talents toward enhancing the Final Fantasy VII community even though the game is nearly 15 years old.  I love it!

Out of sheer curiosity, after I used Black Chocobo to add the Umbrella weapon to my save game's inventory, I ran a file compare to see what and where changes were made to the save file.

Comparing files save00.ff7 and SAVE01.FF7
00000009: AD C4
0000000A: 1E 6B
0000007E: 32 33
00000525: FF C7
00000526: FF 02

I figured out that 0x525 is the item code and 0x526 is the quantity (or it seems to be double the quantity for some reason).  I also figured out that 0x9 and 0xA are the checksum, but 0x7E confused me for a while.  If I'm reading the save map correctly, that would be Cloud's level progress bar.  I didn't make any changes in Black Chocobo other than adding the Umbrella, so I was confused as to why that value would be changing.  Is it possible that the game and your program calculate that value slightly differently due to rounding differences?  That's the only thing I can think of.

Also, I tried out the New Game+ feature but it seems to be a bit quirky.  The game did indeed start over from the beginning and Cloud had his same level, but Barret's level had increased by 5 levels.  Maybe the game has some kind of base level for Barret and adds 5 levels to that when you start a new game?  Would there be any way to prevent this, such as subtracting 5 levels from the character when performing the New Game+ function so that the net change would be zero?  Ideally, every character would be the same level in the new game as they were in the save game it was based on.

Thanks for the great editor and keep up the impressive progress!

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #504 on: 2011-12-06 12:20:37 »
the level progress gets calculated when you view a character this is why it changed, its not anything you need to be worried about as the game will recalculate it anyway when you play. yes its mostly likley a rounding issue FF7 always rounds down. and i have not written a rounding function to do it exactly the same as it not so much important for level progress to be correct because like i said the game will change it anyway (also its not used at all )

items in game are stored an a strange way, basicly there are 320 items each item is 2 bytes <ITEM,QTY> if the item # is > 255 then the qty will be even and will need to divide by two the QTY and add 255 to the item number to get the real item number.

when you get a new char. their level is based off of whatever clouds level. its possible that you didn't use barret as much last playthru and created to much of a level gap. then when you aquired barret the game fixed the gap for you.   there is not much that i can do about since it happens ingame.

in 1.9.5 news. im just basicly waiting on the translators to finish translation so i can release it. you should all upgrade when that happens. 1.9.5 is much better then 1.9.4 in many ways. :D

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: [RELEASE v1.9.5]: Black Chocobo - FF7 Save Game Editor
« Reply #505 on: 2011-12-11 14:41:59 »
Black Chocobo 1.9.5 is out, see the first page for download links. as always report any problems or discoveries you find.

Merlin09

• View Profile
« Reply #506 on: 2011-12-11 18:59:20 »
Hi, and thanks for your work.

I am french and I tried to use black chocobo with pcsx emulator saves, and it seems to work fine on my kubuntu oneiric box.

But I have a problem... since I'm french, my game id is sces00868, and it seems black chocobo cannot handle it... Is there a way to bypass this problem?

Again, thanks for your work, and your time.

--- Edit ---

Ok, I was just a fool, some things are a bit tacky, but it works mainly, I was just trying to open the file without closing the emulator...
« Last Edit: 2011-12-11 19:58:48 by Merlin09 »

docviiweiss

« Reply #507 on: 2011-12-11 20:45:53 »
Do you happen to have a post somewhere with the " Global Progress "  .... Like what are the " Main Progression " spots for each spot?

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #508 on: 2011-12-12 12:09:36 »
Do you happen to have a post somewhere with the " Global Progress "  .... Like what are the " Main Progression " spots for each spot?

the list of event progress is broken up in to groups based on what part of the game they are used in. the Global Progression values are currently not all known. when more is known i will make it more fool proof. (also if you know any feel free to report them)

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #509 on: 2011-12-13 17:58:31 »
OOPS. I made a small mistake in the 1.9.4 - 1.9.5 code that prevents non english materia from changing the combobox. if you have 1.9.4 or 1.9.5 there will be an update (hopefully tonight ) for all versions to 1.9.51. check back later on.

Edit: Updated, any users not using english for the language should update to 1.9.51.
« Last Edit: 2011-12-13 22:18:04 by sithlord48 »

Ragnarok

• View Profile
Re: [RELEASE v1.9.51]: Black Chocobo - FF7 Save Game Editor
« Reply #510 on: 2011-12-14 17:29:28 »
hey can any1 update the check-sum for my .psv file cause i already edited the save and need somebody else to update the check-sum thru some means

the link is www.megaupload.com/?d=I7QB7QX5
« Last Edit: 2011-12-14 20:14:03 by Ragnarok »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #511 on: 2011-12-14 19:10:45 »
hey can any1 update the check-sum for my .psv file cause i already edited the save and need somebody else to update the check-sum thru some means

pm me for the link to download the file   8)

its possible , you can even do it yourself if you have the required stuff. if you can't do it, srsly watch the howto video. its not hard just requires you have a few things. i guess i could "sign" it for you. do not pm me just put the link here. (edit your previous post to include it)

Merlin09

• View Profile
« Reply #512 on: 2011-12-14 19:23:10 »
Hi,
After a few days using your software, I came to a simple ocnclusion: it's awesome

That being said, I came across some weird things:
Each time I open my samegame, witch seems not to be recognized, I have to select "visualize nonetheless" or something like that since I'm french and so is my blackchocobo interface.
Then a message pops up saying "using unknown variable table to visualize the save"
Other than that, it seems that everything goes well.

So, here is my question: is it possible to add SCES00868 witch is the french version of ff7 to this program?

Thank you

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #513 on: 2011-12-14 19:28:38 »
idk there was a different number for french , i thought they were all covered under the euro version, ill add it to the next version. you will need to send me a save from your copy and that should be all i need to get it working.

Merlin09

• View Profile
« Reply #514 on: 2011-12-14 19:38:33 »
cool, ok, a save in pcsx format is fine for you?
How can I send it to you? I mean, what's the most convienent way for you to receive the file?

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #515 on: 2011-12-14 19:51:33 »
cool, ok, a save in pcsx format is fine for you?
How can I send it to you? I mean, what's the most convienent way for you to receive the file?

please send me a mcr or other "virtual memory card" format.since it will contain your region data. just upload the file somewhere and put the link here.  also what os are you using since ill prolly send you a new execuitable to test .

Merlin09

• View Profile
« Reply #516 on: 2011-12-14 19:57:57 »
Ok, here you go:

http://www.merlin09.fr/PSX/merlin.mcr

And I'm a linux user, I use Kubuntu oneiric for the time being.
No problem if you want me to test things.
Thanks for your time.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #517 on: 2011-12-14 19:59:13 »
Ok, here you go:

http://www.merlin09.fr/PSX/merlin.mcr

And I'm a linux user, I use Kubuntu oneiric for the time being.
No problem if you want me to test things.
Thanks for your time.

oh well fellow KDE user.. :P 32bit binary ok ?

Merlin09

• View Profile
« Reply #518 on: 2011-12-14 20:05:40 »
I'm on a x86_64 architechture, but I should be able to run the 32bits version if it's more convenient to you.

Yes, I'm a KDE user since... well god knows how many years... my first linux box was back in 1996 or 1997...

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #519 on: 2011-12-14 20:13:20 »
I'm on a x86_64 architechture, but I should be able to run the 32bits version if it's more convenient to you.

Yes, I'm a KDE user since... well god knows how many years... my first linux box was back in 1996 or 1997...

didn't notice the time ill commit the changes to the trunk folder. and compile when i get home, my netbook is 32bit but all others are 64bit.

i'm also a kde user forever. and a fellow kubuntu user , if you are not currently using the PPA you might want to add it

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:sithlord48/ff7

Merlin09

• View Profile
« Reply #520 on: 2011-12-14 20:17:57 »
yes, I already use the ppa.

If you want me to try something now in 32bits I can.
I don't know in which timezone you live, but still, I found real fun your piece of work, and thank you very much for messing with this for maybe your only french user for now :D

At least, I'm a real ff7 fan, for like... forever :)

Merlin09

• View Profile
« Reply #521 on: 2011-12-14 21:27:51 »
Ok, I tried it... and it works!

Thank you very much.

I'm sorry I can't make more testing for tonight since here it's nearly midnight and I'm injured, so my wife don't want me to go to bed too late, and she is probably right...

At first check it seems that everything is ok.

I'll continue checking each and every thing I can tomorrow, and I'll let you know

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #522 on: 2011-12-14 21:41:21 »
Ok, I tried it... and it works!

Thank you very much.

I'm sorry I can't make more testing for tonight since here it's nearly midnight and I'm injured, so my wife don't want me to go to bed too late, and she is probably right...

At first check it seems that everything is ok.

I'll continue checking each and every thing I can tomorrow, and I'll let you know

sounds good to me.

@everyone else support will be added in the next version.

Ragnarok

• View Profile
« Reply #523 on: 2011-12-14 22:11:43 »
@sithlord48 the link for my .psv file is www.megaupload.com/?d=I7QB7QX5

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: 2011-12-15 00:09:44 »
@Merlin09 : Hey! I'm French as well, but I have to stick to English due to forum rules. I did most of the translation for BC and I can't recall of anything that needed me to change a variable. I am most likely wrong though, sith is the only one that really knows :P