Author Topic: Why is it that FF7 on the PSOne is uncensored, yet the PC version is censored.  (Read 10282 times)

caneut

• View Profile
I just started playing my PSOne version to see if it still worked, and I noticed it didn't censor all the curse words.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
I believe they're both censored, but neither is fully censored. Depends on the severity of the word. All the Damns and Hells are there in both.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
There are a few which are allowed.  The "Piss" remarks seem to be there and the "crap"  but I did notice 1 or 2 which were not censored in the PSX being censored in the PC.  It doesn't matter regardless because 90% of those swear words arent even meant to be there.

ultima espio

• View Profile
Well, with the PC version they had a chance to go back and make a few changes. You'll notice that a few lines are different too (cant remember where exactly).

When Tifa slaps Scarlet on the Sister ray on the psx version, she calls Scarlet a wench, but in the pc version that was censored. I dunno why they decided to censor that, since its not really a swear word. If Disney use it, it cant be :P

caneut

• View Profile
I believe they're both censored, but neither is fully censored. Depends on the severity of the word. All the Damns and Hells are there in both.

No I'm pretty sure they said Shit, saying as it was uncensored and I saw it.

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
I played the psx version a long time ago so I can't remember well but I think it varies with what version is your game? An example is the US Version has censored some words because it can't be sold out if it had those words while in other countries its ok to have those words.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
They definitely said "sh*t" in the PAL PSX version of the game. I think that was the strongest word that didn't get censored.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Pretty sure there was a "MAK'O" (as censored) from Barret too.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Barrett says "Shi'" or somethin' at 1 point, and the end FMV has "Shit"  does this still appear?  I can't remember where else a "shit" occurs.

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
Barrett says "Shi'" or somethin' at 1 point, and the end FMV has "sh*t"  does this still appear?  I can't remember where else a "sh*t" occurs.
Cid says SH****!!! too in the rocket where he presses the emergency button.