Author Topic: Getting Started All Over Again  (Read 3996 times)

Phyltre

• View Profile
Getting Started All Over Again
« on: 2005-09-04 00:01:19 »
New user here, just getting started on a legit copy of FFVII PC.  You see, I own a copy of the playstation version, and played that halfway through around the time of its release.  My copy disappeared and I never replaced it.  More recently I downloaded the Ultima version (to see what happened in the second half!) and played halfway through THAT--only to have my hard drive die!

Now, I am purchasing a retail copy of FFVII PC on eBay and want to have the best experience this time through.  I've gone through lots of threads and posts here, but as a new user I am kind of confused about patch compatibility and the order I should apply them in.  If you've already got an explanatory thread about that, somewhere here that I missed, my apologies.

If not, could someone please fill me in on the best enhancing patches to apply, and in what order, to what version?  I'd just like the cleanest, best looking/sounding/performing setup you guys have got.  Thanks for your advice on this slightly confusing matter...

Noobie

« Reply #1 on: 2005-09-04 08:54:31 »
The easiest thing to do is apply the Final Fantasy VII Multi Patch 1.1.1. http://forums.qhimm.com/viewtopic.php?t=4451

After this you can try to do the Reunion patch, but this is a little more complicated. http://forums.qhimm.com/viewtopic.php?t=4451

I do not recommend to install Saint's hi-res patch from the multi patch as it is a little outdated. Note that patching the game might lead to other problems.

twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005-09-04 10:23:38 »
Firstly install patch 1.2
Then; Chocobo patch
Riva/tnt patch

optional:
High res patch
Reunion patch

This is what i did.

Cyrus XIII

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005-09-04 13:09:11 »
@ Noobie
You should check your links after posting. ;)
http://forums.qhimm.com/viewtopic.php?t=4473

RPGillespie

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/rpgillespie6
« Reply #4 on: 2005-09-04 15:47:07 »
I only needed to install 1 patch. My game worked perfectly until I got to the chocobo races, so I went to download.com and downloaded the FFVII-XP patch. I made it through the rest of the game on that  :wink: . You may need more, depends on your computer.

Phyltre

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005-09-05 01:23:10 »
Thanks for the advice.

Isn't it true that I should install the Hi-Res patch first, then the rest of the multi, if I'm not using the version inside it?

Kinseek

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005-09-05 09:45:53 »
Quote from: twitch
Firstly install patch 1.2
Then; Chocobo patch
Riva/tnt patch

optional:
High res patch
Reunion patch

This is what i did.

Doesn`t the High-res patch now include the Chocobo patch so if you install that you don`t really need to think about the chocobo patch?

X-Hunter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005-09-06 14:44:51 »
Yes , the high-res patch, now already includes the chocobo patch.

...Would be really nice if the "FFVII Tweakers" like : The Saint, Reunion and jedwin, contact each other and make a big patch, as soon as all the work has been done.

Phyltre

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005-09-06 19:12:40 »
Quote from: X-Hunter
Yes , the high-res patch, now already includes the chocobo patch.

...Would be really nice if the "FFVII Tweakers" like : The Saint, Reunion and jedwin, contact each other and make a big patch, as soon as all the work has been done.

Yeah, but I guess we shouldn't ask too much as long as they're all works in progress.  I'd rather have stronger individual components than a watered-down single patch.